Page / 8
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 10:58:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What do you want me to do? Start shooting people? Fuckn idiot
View Quote
That's exactly what he's suggesting.
Not good people....evil people.  People like your PM who wish to disarm you.

But you won't, because you can't even fathom the idea.
Because life is too good for you today.  Let me know in 10 years how that's going.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 10:58:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
How hard would it be to violently overthrow the NZL govt?
Is that against the CoC?
View Quote
I wonder also...
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 11:00:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
This thread brings up an interesting dilemma.

On one hand you're watching an entire country have private property revoked, without compensation, because of the actions of one man (or possibly multiple, but the point remains).

Numerous folks here are suggest that this 21yo man defy his government, and FIGHT.  To the death, if it must be.

yet, I truly often wonder how many of US, here in the US would actually press that trigger?
Toss away our 401k, family, home, and become willing to die for it.  Because many would, if it were to happen.

No, I see way too many states falling daily to more and more laws, when we all KNOW it won't do shit.

it'll happen here, and it'll happen for the same reason it's happened 1000 times before.  We have it too good, and good times create soft men (myself included).
View Quote
You don't have to kill people to fight.

Posting on the internet is not fighting.

Getting active and organized in your community is fighting.

Getting involved in politics is fighting.

This isn't a case of "start shooting or you are a pussy" but rather a situation where people need to get off their assess, off the sidelines, and into the game.

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." Plato.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 11:01:00 PM EDT
[#4]
You're welcome here anytime op. You're the kind of freedom loving immigrant we need more of.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 11:03:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

This isn't a case of "start shooting or you are a pussy" but rather a situation where people need to get off their assess, off the sidelines, and into the game.

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." Plato.
View Quote
With all respect, if you believe that they will not ban AR15's in this country, at some point, you are sadly mistaken.
The only way they will respect firearms owners is if we are willing to do the unthinkable to those who threaten our rights.

I'm sorry, but I do not see politics as a way of increasing our rights, let alone stopping the erosion of our liberties.
We are an ever decreasing populous, and the Anti2A are always getting bigger.

You don't win wars by winning hearts and minds.  And we're at war.  It's full scale.

Just my .02
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 11:04:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Yea, I am seriously considering a move to the US If all of the proposed bans go through.
View Quote
If you are just going to give up I do not welcome you to this country.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 11:05:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
I agree with this, but in NZ it is past the time to talk
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 11:05:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Is that against the CoC?
View Quote
So I wasn’t the only one that had this pop into my head.

Also,  OP can move down by me. Housing is still fairly cheap and we need more votes.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 11:05:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Is that against the CoC?
View Quote
AR15.com is an American website run by an American business bound by American law.

I don't think allowing discussion of the overthrow of a foreign government would be illegal. Is it illegal when people on here voice support or encourage a violent overthrow the government of Iran? Or Venezuela? Or how about Iraq back in 2003?

Obviously, the decision about CoC is up to the owners of AR15.com. But from a legal perspective, calling for the overthrow of a foreign government probably isn't a problem.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 11:06:50 PM EDT
[#10]
What you need to do is become politically active.  Become an outspoken advocate for gun rights.  Convince your neighbors and as many people as possible that gun rights are important.  Use incrementalism and play the long game.  It's been rather effective in many places in the US.  It's gotten much easier to carry concealed for example.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 11:06:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Because life is too good for you today.  Let me know in 10 years how that's going.
View Quote
Well I'm not retarded, so I'm not gonna shoot anyone. I think I would prefer not to be put in jail for the rest of my life.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 11:08:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

AR15.com is an American website run by an American business bound by American law.

I don't think allowing discussion of the overthrow of a foreign government would be illegal. Is it illegal when people on here voice support or encourage a violent overthrow the government of Iran? Or Venezuela? Or how about Iraq back in 2003?

Obviously, the decision about CoC is up to the owners of AR15.com. But from a legal perspective, calling for the overthrow of a foreign government probably isn't a problem.
View Quote
Well in that case, let’s speak in hypotheticals, what would it take to overthrow the NZ? In everyone’s opinion?

We saw how one person there shut down a whole country, what could 100 men do there?
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 11:09:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Never paid much thought to state and federal legislation since they generally dont have the juice to enforce.

Not sure why NZ gun owners wouldn't just tell them to fuck off.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 11:09:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Well in that case, let’s speak in hypotheticals, what would it take to overthrow the NZ? In everyone’s opinion?

We saw how one person there shut down a whole country, what could 100 men do there?
View Quote
Chris Dormer.

Prime example.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 11:10:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
With all respect, if you believe that they will not ban AR15's in this country, at some point, you are sadly mistaken.
The only way they will respect firearms owners is if we are willing to do the unthinkable to those who threaten our rights.

I'm sorry, but I do not see politics as a way of increasing our rights, let alone stopping the erosion of our liberties.

You don't win wars by winning hearts and minds.  And we're at war.  It's full scale.

Just my .02
View Quote
We banned alcohol for fuck's sake and we did it the "proper" way via a constitutional amendment.
We once sanctioned slavery.

If we can unfuck prohibition, a relatively minor issue, and slavery, a really big issue, then nothing is set in stone my friend.

You say we are at war?   What is war?  War is politics by other means.

You contend with people in the political realm because it is a hell of a lot easier than shooting each other.

Maybe we will find ourselves shooting one another again (for at least the second time in 220 some odd years) however I would rather do everything possible to avoid that.

Get off your couch or away from your computer and go into the real world and meet real people.   Start having conversations and educating those you meet.   Run for office.   Encourage those you know to run for office.
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez was a fucking bar tender this time two years ago.    Are you telling me that woman is smarter than you are?
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 11:10:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Just my .02
View Quote
Agreed wholeheartedly.

Anti gunners will only respect gun owners when gun owners use the firearms for what they were intended for. Not sure I can be more vague than that.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 11:11:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Kiwis are welcome here.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yea, I am seriously considering a move to the US If all of the proposed bans go through.
Kiwis are welcome here.
Yes.
But the problem is if you are free, white, over 21, speak English, and willing to work, there is no way to get in, legally.

You may be able to claim asylum from a communist government that is confiscating personal property without due process, and restricting free speech by banning publications.

Don't mention that the. Gov is attempting to convert the country to Islam, however.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 11:12:03 PM EDT
[#18]
I wonder how a fvey country responds to the suggestion of overthrow and how much information is moving around now about “right wing” enemies of their state.

Odd they are doing what sone random guy said he wanted in his manifesto.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 11:13:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
We banned alcohol for fuck's sake and we did it the "proper" way via a constitutional amendment.

If we can unfuck prohibition, a relatively minor issue, and slavery, a really big issue, then nothing is set in stone my friend.

You contend with people in the political realm because it is a hell of a lot easier than shooting each other.

Maybe we will find ourselves shooting one another again (for at least the second time in 220 some odd years) however I would rather do everything possible to avoid that.

Get off your couch or away from your computer and go into the real world and meet real people.   Start having conversations and educating those you meet.   Run for office.   Encourage those you know to run for office.
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez was a fucking bar tender this time two years ago.    Are you telling me that woman is smarter than you are?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just my .02

AOC was hoisted to office by a wealthy sugardaddy.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 11:16:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I wouldn't put it past Liberals to have staged this just to attack gun ownership in America.
View Quote
Read his manifesto. You might be surprised.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 11:17:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

AOC was hoisted to office by a wealthy sugardaddy.
View Quote
That wealthy sugar daddy gets 1 vote.   Same as you and me.

Yes, Soros and others sent a large chunk of cash to the Turks and others who put out their little casting call.   Yes, there were other people in the background who helped her maneuver the terrain.

Those are people.   Lots and lots of people working together.

What are we if not a collection of people?

What could we accomplish if we actually worked together on this problem?
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 11:19:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
I proposed this a few times.

I’m serious. Point me in the direction to run against my district congresswoman, Rashida Tlaib.

Let’s get it on.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 11:20:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Well I'm not retarded, so I'm not gonna shoot anyone. I think I would prefer not to be put in jail for the rest of my life.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you at least organizing protests in opposition to the new laws coming down the pipe? There are ways to fight besides shooting people.

Or are you all quietly taking it because publicly saying new gun laws are bullshit is an unpopular stance?

Even if it changes nothing, make your voices heard. If you can’t even lift a finger to do that, I don’t really know what to say.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 11:20:44 PM EDT
[#24]
OPs already dead.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 11:20:56 PM EDT
[#25]
To the people hosing me for just laying down and not fighting back, you really have no idea about our situation. We have about 250,000 people licenced to own firearms out of a population of 5 million. Out of those 250,000 licence holders, the majority don't give a shit and in most cases actually are supportive of tougher gun laws. There'd be around 10,000-15,000 gun enthusiasts like me (People who are members of pistol clubs and own what are considered exotic firearms like pistols and MSSA's). The only real gun lobby in the country gets basically no funding because as ive just explained (no one cares).

Its quite galling for you lot to say were not fighting back whilst living in a country with a legitimate gun culture and millions of people who support gun rights.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 11:22:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I wonder how a fvey country responds to the suggestion of overthrow and how much information is moving around now about “right wing” enemies of their state.

Odd they are doing what sone random guy said he wanted in his manifesto.
View Quote
The Five Eyes network has a choice to make: Side with the United States Constitution and Magna Carta, or side with tyrants and external powers.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 11:23:09 PM EDT
[#27]
I think there are things that I want to say but i never will on a public forum
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 11:24:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Sorry man.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 11:25:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
They can only take them if you let them.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 11:25:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Wouldn't it be great if Carl Lewis of  Lewis Tool and Machine would cut off New Zealand with their rifle contract the way that Ronnie Barrett cut off California law enforcement when Gov. Schwarzenegger banned .50 BMG rifles for civilian sales? https://lmtdefense.com/firearms/nz-mars-l We all know that LMT ARs will be used by police and/or military to confiscate firearms from citizens who won't give them up. That would be sad, a pro-gun firearm manufacturer's guns being used to confiscate firearms from citizens of another country who did nothing wrong with theirs.

If Carl Lewis cut NZ off, I would buy one from him tomorrow and I really don't need another AR-15 to add to the pile.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 11:25:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
To the people hosing me for just laying down and not fighting back, you really have no idea about our situation. We have about 250,000 people licenced to own firearms out of a population of 5 million. Out of those 250,000 licence holders, the majority don't give a shit and in most cases actually are supportive of tougher gun laws. There'd be around 10,000-15,000 gun enthusiasts like me (People who are members of pistol clubs and own what are considered exotic firearms like pistols and MSSA's). The only real gun lobby in the country gets basically no funding because as ive just explained (no one cares).
Its quite galling for you lot to say were not fighting back whilst living in a country with a legitimate gun culture and millions of people who support gun rights.
View Quote
Signs are cheap to make, megaphones are pretty cheap as well.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 11:25:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
I am sympathetic to your plight. I understand the importance of culture in these affairs.

If we can help, tell us how. IM if needed.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 11:26:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
They can only take them if you let them.
View Quote
Freedom is scary though.

Slavery, while less preferred, is safer.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 11:27:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Probably get sent to a gulag probational therapy for "hate speech"
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 11:27:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote
How about just being honest....

New Zealand residents have a choice. They can bend the knee to subjugation and servitude, or they can elect not to.

I do not condone or encourage violence, nor can I support and endorse servitude and subjugation. Free men and women ought to have the rights to defend themselves, govern themselves, and conduct their affairs in a manner that is mutually agreeable and acceptable based on their culture and community. It doesn't matter if those free people elect to live in a manner I agree with or disagree with - freedom, by its very nature, means they have an inalienable right to choose a lifestyle, government, and laws that I might disagree with.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 11:29:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

New Zealand residents have a choice. They can bend the knee to subjugation and servitude, or they can elect not to.

I do not condone or encourage violence, nor can I support and endorse servitude and subjugation. Free men and women ought to have the rights to defend themselves, govern themselves, and conduct their affairs in a manner that is mutually agreeable and acceptable based on their culture and community. It doesn't matter if those free people elect to live in a manner I agree with or disagree with - freedom, by its very nature, means they have an inalienable right to choose a lifestyle, government, and laws that I might disagree with.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is important, though, that when a government ops to take your arms of war, it is communicating its desire to have the option to harm you in the future without risk.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 11:29:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Freedom is scary though.

Slavery, while less preferred, is safer.
View Quote
“Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!”

Patrick Henry was and still is right
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 11:33:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

What the fuck

God help us if the socialist democrat party takes over...
View Quote
They’ve done a good job at villifying inanimate objects and yet defending criminals...
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 11:33:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"

Patrick Henry was and still is right
View Quote
Those men were rare even back in those days.    They would be arrested and imprisoned as terrorists in many countries today.

Thank God we had them when we did and I hope we can fill the massive shadow they cast for us in their wake.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 11:39:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Hope none of you in the US ever have to go through what gun owners here in NZ are going through right now. It's almost a certainty at this point that we are going to lose the right to our semi automatic Firearms. Our prized possessions are going to be taken from us. I only wish I could gift my AR's and pistols to one of you rather than them be destroyed.??????
View Quote
Unfortunately for you, gun ownership is considered a privilege, not a right.  That is a fundamental difference between being subject and a citizen.  Y'all may need to write the next chapter after the Magna Carta - much like we did here in the USA with the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution.  Good luck and God Bless.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 11:44:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Your PM is a TYRANT.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 11:45:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Your PM is a TYRANT.
View Quote
Incredible:  you misspelled cunt and still spelled her name correctly.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 11:45:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Lots of "not one inch" talk here considering that ATF requests for comments or a state capital 2A rally get very little turnout. The ATF's bump stock request for comment gathered a whopping 25,000 unique responses opposing and maybe 40,000 more form letters against it, those wanting a ban were appx double that for both unique submissions and form letters/petitions.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 11:46:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
It is important, though, that when a government ops to take your arms of war, it is communicating its desire to have the option to harm you in the future without risk.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am not arguing against your point.

I have never been to New Zealand. I am not from New Zealand. I cannot speak with any degree of authority as to the nature of the people or government of New Zealand.

If the people of New Zealand wish to disarm, so be it. I've often asked friends "Are there rifles in heaven", as in a perfect world or place we ought to be so blissfully free of violence and threat as to lay down our arms and be joyous and safe for all of eternity. I do not content that heaven exists on earth (possibly with the exception of the British Virgin Islands....), so such a question is academic and pedantic in nature.

In a perfect world, none of us will ever have to engage a target with a soul. The usefulness of our arms will be equivalent to that of golf clubs - a challenge of our skills to send a projectile to a specific point in space and time as we desire, for our enjoyment and sporting purposes. In reality, we keep and bear arms because the world is anything but perfect, there are those in this world that would like to see us or our families and kin dead or suffering, and we must remain ever vigilant to protect and defend our loved ones and country. Such is the nature of the world we live in.

I don't know what message to send to New Zealanders. I don't know if this is the moment in history where those that believe in freedom and inalienable rights ought to stand up against all odds and strive to form a more perfect union, or if it this is the time for them to shed their arms and embrace a collective disarmament. Practical realities weigh against both options.

I'm not a bad ass. I am no three percenter type, I'm not militant in nature, and generally I'm not going to change the world. I'm far better equipped for and suited for saving lives than taking them. I don't know what New Zealanders should do.... the only thing I do know is that New Zealanders need to make that choice for themselves, and that they don't have forever to ponder the question as a distant and abstract academic debate. Whatever they decide, however they react, and whatever happens, it is upon them, not us, to own their choices and what follows.

Freedom is inherently frightening, and anyone bold enough to demand freedom is likewise both terrifying and noteworthy.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 11:47:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
It’s no different here, just put more zeros on the end of your numbers. Most gun owners don’t care, many are anti AR or anti semi auto. No one is going to ‘stand and fight’. When gun owners say ‘come and take it’, they literally mean come and take it.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 11:48:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
It is a shame your country chooses to blame guns for the actions of criminals. You are welcome to come here for as long as it lasts.
View Quote
Ours does too, unfortunately.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 11:49:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

At what point are you willing to do what is needed?

If that point is never...stay put, we don't need you here.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 11:50:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

It's no different here, just put more zeros on the end of your numbers. Most gun owners don't care, many are anti AR or anti semi auto. No one is going to 'stand and fight'. When gun owners say 'come and take it', they literally mean come and take it.
View Quote
You're wrong.   Educate yourself.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 11:52:54 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Lots of "not one inch" talk here considering that ATF requests for comments or a state capital 2A rally get very little turnout. The ATF's bump stock request for comment gathered a whopping 25,000 unique responses opposing and maybe 40,000 more form letters against it, those wanting a ban were appx double that for both unique submissions and form letters/petitions.
View Quote
No shit.

I tried to rally the troops. Others tried as well.

Freedom isn't sexy. It isn't exciting. A tranny midget porn thread in GD would get more hits than the bump stock comment thread did.

Face it.... maybe in 1775 it was true that three percent of the population supported American independence. In 2018 - 2019, not even 3% of Arfcom support their own second amendment rights when such support requires nothing more than a letter or email.

When the time comes and it is something that the majority holds dear that is under attack, there will be a sick sense of schadenfreude for those of us that tried to stop it early on and found few that would do even so little as to send an email to help.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 11:54:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top