BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 11:24:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Omaha's waste water treatment plant is now under water.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Also things like This
Omaha's waste water treatment plant is now under water.
pfft Fulton county (Atlanta) dumped 20mil gallons of sewage in the Chattahoochee river last week when we got 7" of rain.

glad I'm upstream from there.
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 11:43:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't we have a Nebraska farmer on here?

@stutzcattle  ????

LC
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 11:56:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
the media hasn't put this up at all...
View Quote
Criminal media Marxist agenda what a tragedy.
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 12:52:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Omaha’s waste water treatment plant is now under water.
View Quote
Rip
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 1:04:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Fuck the national media.  People are dying and no one gives a fuck.  Good, hardworking small town folks are having their entire lives destroyed but they don't care.
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 1:06:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Horrible to hear. RIP good man!!
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 1:23:04 AM EDT
[#7]
I cut the bottom 2’ off of about 26’ of my garage today and left the doors open. About 1 I had the meter pulled to kill the electric. Bailed out of the house around 4. Staying at a neighbors house and about to try to get to the house to gas up the generator. I am hoping for no more increases and the gennie keeps the pump running to keep the water out of the house. I’m cautiously optimistic at this point. At 1, I felt I had about a 50/50 shot of keeping the house. I have had a lot of offers to help.

God bless that man, and God bless his family
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 1:28:42 AM EDT
[#8]
My hometown...  lot of good folks there.

Prayers to the family
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 1:52:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 1:55:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Damn, how sad
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 2:29:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Spencer Dam on the Niobrara River has been "compromised"

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/16/2019 2:40:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 2:42:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Damn.  It's not much, but it's huge for that river.   Hope downstream isn't slammed too badly for it.   Was it overtopping and eaten to crumble?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Damn.  It's not much, but it's huge for that river.   Hope downstream isn't slammed too badly for it.   Was it overtopping and eaten to crumble?
I think it just crumbled
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 2:50:03 AM EDT
[#14]
R.I.P. Sir.

Prayers out for the rest.

Link Posted: 3/16/2019 2:56:11 AM EDT
[#15]
I remember driving through on I29 about 6-8 years ago after a flood and everything was just dull, brown, barren, dead. No grass, no green trees, just depression for as far as the eye could see. The entire area looked like a nuclear wasteland.
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 2:57:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 3:00:55 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 3:23:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 7:19:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I remember driving through on I29 about 6-8 years ago after a flood and everything was just dull, brown, barren, dead. No grass, no green trees, just depression for as far as the eye could see. The entire area looked like a nuclear wasteland.
View Quote
You could film the Road there
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 7:38:34 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
We usually take I29 when we go to the inlaws in KS and I remember that also. We went shortly after the road was back open 100% and everything was a wasteland, it was a very depressing drive. That whole stretch from Mound City north is pretty flat.
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 8:17:12 AM EDT
[#22]
Attachment Attached File

Some of our ground
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

New bridge in ashland
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Some going over platte bridge i-80
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 8:21:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Attachment Attached File

Maple street elkhorn river Attachment Attached File

Another one of spencer damn
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 8:37:41 AM EDT
[#24]
Man, all the looting after the flood is just crazy....oh, wait.  Never mind, we don't do that shit here.
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 9:05:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Man, all the looting after the flood is just crazy....oh, wait.  Never mind, we don't do that shit here.
View Quote
God I would hope we are better then that here. I would like to think it be the other way around.
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 9:05:46 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Having dinner in Papillion visiting friends and family. Unfortunately many of them are stuck in their small towns unable to ford the flood waters. Very little coverage of this since it has nothing to do with identity politics.
View Quote
Wow. I haven’t heard shit either.
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 11:47:20 AM EDT
[#27]
The cost of this is going to be crazy.  There are a lot of roads that are missing bridges.  Just the major highways alone not to mention all of the rural bridges.  It'll take years to straighten this out.

We drove back from Longmont, CO on Thursday and WB I80 was closed.  The signs in CO said that EB I80 was closed, but it wasn't.  From Brush all the way to GI there was zero snow on the ground and the roads were dry and fine.  I have no idea why the interstate was closed.  It was liked driving in a zombie apocalypse movie.  We were just about the only vehicle for 300 miles.
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 11:49:06 AM EDT
[#28]
Really sad, everyone there be safe, thinking about all of you.
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 11:49:16 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 12:22:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Lots of snow in the north and western part of NE and of course in Colorado. Worse thing that could happen right now is to get a week of really warm weather to add snow melt to the situation.

Where I'm at we won't have an issue until the snow starts melting in the Rockies and then there's some potential for problems. If there's anything we can do from this end of the state feel free to IM me. Horrible situation for a lot of communities.
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 12:32:06 PM EDT
[#31]
View Quote
that is one hell of a dam overtop. Where ever the emergency spillway was it was clearly hugely undersized. That overtopped along it entire length.
Though it appear some of the gates were not open for some reason.
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 12:36:23 PM EDT
[#32]
One tweet by President Trump.

Doesn't advance the globalist Marxist narrative...scumbags...
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 1:08:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
that is one hell of a dam overtop. Where ever the emergency spillway was it was clearly hugely undersized. That overtopped along it entire length.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
It looks like the ice chunks really pounded it as well.  I wonder if it would look any different if it was all water and no ice.
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 1:08:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 1:10:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
The cost of this is going to be crazy.  There are a lot of roads that are missing bridges.  Just the major highways alone not to mention all of the rural bridges.  It'll take years to straighten this out.

We drove back from Longmont, CO on Thursday and WB I80 was closed.  The signs in CO said that EB I80 was closed, but it wasn't.  From Brush all the way to GI there was zero snow on the ground and the roads were dry and fine.  I have no idea why the interstate was closed.  It was liked driving in a zombie apocalypse movie.  We were just about the only vehicle for 300 miles.
View Quote
This might be the death blow to some of these small towns.  I wouldn't be surprised if a few of them never recover.
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 1:12:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

God I would hope we are better then that here. I would like to think it be the other way around.
View Quote
Let Omaha flood and unfortunately there would be looting.

As for the rest of the state; Yeah we are better than that.
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 1:14:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ehh give it a few more days for the meth zombies to get itchy
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 1:15:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
RIP.

I-29 is closed north just north of Mound City, MO all the way to Council Bluffs. That’s a whole lotta highway...

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/55357/28D168CF-E46D-4C97-9683-C0E166C42B84_png-879060.JPG
View Quote
In addition there's a lot of state highways that are closed.
Attachment Attached File

The city of Fremont is an island accessible only by boat or air.  Folks living south of town have to go as far west as Lincoln to have a path into the city.
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 1:19:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 1:21:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Denver news actually had a 20 second blip on this.  Just enough for them to claim they covered it.

I don't pray very often, but I will for you guys.  Go Big Red!
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 1:26:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 1:32:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/66085/Capture_JPG-879515.JPG
The city of Fremont is an island accessible only by boat or air.  Folks living south of town have to go as far west as Lincoln to have a path into the city.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
RIP.

I-29 is closed north just north of Mound City, MO all the way to Council Bluffs. That's a whole lotta highway...

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/55357/28D168CF-E46D-4C97-9683-C0E166C42B84_png-879060.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/66085/Capture_JPG-879515.JPG
Friend of mine is stuck in Omaha . He has been trying to line up an airboat to get back home to Fremont.
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 1:37:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Anyone near Omaha need help?
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 1:41:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
@TFI

Thanks for the pictures.   If this happened in any 'multicultural area', it'd be 24/7 news.  Here, it's not worth much of a mention, same as the last Missouri flood, not a blip until it got to MO/LA.

Hope you are doing OK.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
@TFI

Thanks for the pictures.   If this happened in any 'multicultural area', it'd be 24/7 news.  Here, it's not worth much of a mention, same as the last Missouri flood, not a blip until it got to MO/LA.

Hope you are doing OK.
Even flooded, Nebraska is better than OK.
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 1:48:41 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

@TFI

Hope you are doing OK.
View Quote
Yep.  People who help themselves and help their neighbors are not part of the MSM agenda.
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 2:02:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Yep.  People who help themselves and help their neighbors are not part of the MSM agenda.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@TFI

Hope you are doing OK.
The Nebraska Airboat Association and Nebraska Army Guard are doing a ton of work to bring stranded people to safety.
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 2:06:26 PM EDT
[#47]
This developed very quickly.  Stay safe Midwestern folks.   I will likely be up there next week.
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 2:10:18 PM EDT
[#48]
As we know when an illegal child dies the media is all over it and looking for someone to blame, and politicians are tripping over each other to see who can get to the mic first, but when a hero dies in the land they care nothing of there is silence.

RIP.
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 2:24:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 2:25:24 PM EDT
[#50]
I am good where I am at. Lots of others that need prayers.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top