[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Political entertainment at its best.
View Quote
Wheels within wheels.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 7:08:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I look forward to whatever happens, because either way it will be exciting.

Link Posted: 3/15/2019 6:08:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Once May proposed a delay I figured it would pass.  My impression has long been that she'd be perfectly happy to see the UK remain in the EU.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 2:57:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Commons Speaker John Bercow has thrown the UK's Brexit plans into further confusion by ruling out another vote unless MPs are given a new motion.

In a surprise ruling, he said he would not allow a third Brexit vote in the coming days on "substantially the same" motion as MPs rejected last week.

With 11 days to go before the UK is due to leave the EU, ministers have warned of a looming "constitutional crisis".

But MPs who want to leave without a deal on 29 March welcomed the move.

Mr Bercow's ruling came as the government considers a third attempt to get the deal through Parliament.

He said the second vote on the prime minister's deal last week was "in order" but any further votes must pass the "test" he had set out in order to be allowed.

Mrs May had previously committed to holding a new vote on her withdrawal agreement in the coming days, but ministers have said this will not happen unless they are "confident" of victory.

The prime minister's official spokesman said Mr Bercow "did not warn us of the contents of the statement or indeed the fact that he was making one".

Brexit: what do we know?
  • As the law stands, the UK will leave the EU on 29 March - with or without a deal
  • For this date to change, the EU would have to agree to an extension to Article 50 - the legal mechanism that sees the UK leaving on 29 March - or the UK government would have to revoke it, stopping the Brexit process
  • Last week, MPs voted in favour of an extension - either for up to three months to pass legislation if the PM's deal got approval from the House or for longer if her deal was rejected - but it was not legally binding
  • Theresa May was expected to bring her deal back to the Commons for a third time in the coming days
  • Now, Speaker John Bercow has said the deal cannot be brought back for another vote if it remained "substantially the same"
  • There's an EU leaders summit on Thursday and Friday this week - at which EU leaders will consider whether to grant the UK an extension to the Brexit process
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-47614074
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 3:11:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What a surprise they are expected to ignore the voters and delay the brexit. Our overlords are beginning to see there is no reason to continue letting the little people think they can determine their destiny.
View Quote
fuck those fucking fuckers.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 6:24:46 PM EDT
[#6]
For the lols

17 Million F*ck Offs - A Song About Brexit
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 6:37:00 PM EDT
[#7]
View Quote
- Saint Obama, back of the queue

- Benedict Cumbertwat

- There'd be an outbreak of super gonorrhea, they seriously said that

That was great.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 6:38:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

- Benedict Cumbertwat

That was great.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

- Benedict Cumbertwat

That was great.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 6:55:27 PM EDT
[#9]
View Quote
.. And now my phone is covered in coffee. That was fun.

And now a serious question: as I understand it, the Crown arguably has the power to dissolve Parliament. What would happen if she did exactly that?
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 7:10:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

And now a serious question: as I understand it, the Crown arguably has the power to dissolve Parliament. What would happen if she did exactly that?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Glad you enjoyed it.

A prorogue of Parliament is within the Queen's power, certainly.

However, the EU has a habit of making 11th hour deals (or in this case 10th hour) and we still have cards on the table.  It might be considered an unwelcome intervention by the Monarch if she were fold the game before the final play.

That said, many believe we are now at a stalemate.  The likelihood of any significant changes to the existing shit deal on offer is low by all accounts and any attempt to delay brexit is in the hands the EU where Eurosceptics such as Greece and perhaps most notably Italy could veto any proposed delay.  Some are now starting to talk about a prorogue of Parliament.

There is also a significant proportion of the population who want to just get one with it and leave on 29th March 2019 - even many moderate reminders are now sick of the bullshit and betrayal of our democracy by the Govt elites, and there is a palpable sense of anger.  A small group of people are on the march from Sunderland to London with the "Leave means Leave" campaign, accompanied by Farage and other prominent Leave MPs's and activists.

What would happen?   It very much depends on which camp you sit in.  For me, Brexit should happen in accordance with the law on 29th March 2019 and we leave in WTO rules.  Any remaining parts of deals which need to be done can be picked up then when Parliament reconvenes, but civil servants will still be working why Parliament is in recess.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 7:14:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Eurofags won't allow the UK to leave, Brexit won't happen
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 7:17:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
It's not their choice to make.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 7:21:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 7:23:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I should have been clearer. I meant the ones in parliament who appear to be fucking it all up and otherwise longing to be in Brussels sucking dicks
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 7:24:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
Unfortunately it is looking like it may not be the British citizens choice to make either. Don't get me wrong, I support Brexit 100% and I am hoping for the best with nothing but sincere well wishes.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 7:27:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Interesting, I hadn't read that. I would think that the EU would have to agree to the delay also.  Off to go digging.
View Quote
They do.  All the U.K. can do is ask the E.U. for a delay.  The E.U. members have to vote on approving a delay, and it has to be unanimous.  A single E.U. member votes no, then no delay.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 7:29:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I should have been clearer. I meant the ones in parliament appear to be fucking it all up and otherwise longing to be in Brussels sucking dicks
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I should have been clearer. I meant the ones in parliament appear to be fucking it all up and otherwise longing to be in Brussels sucking dicks
Not all of them to be fair, but there is a disproportionate number of lying shits in the palace of Westminster.

Their cards are marked and many will be facing deselection and defeat at the inevitable General Election post Brexit.

Some may be able to redeem themselves, but I doubt it.

Some figures for your consideration:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 7:35:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
They do.  All the U.K. can do is ask the E.U. for a delay.  The E.U. members have to vote on approving a delay, and it has to be unanimous.  A single E.U. member votes no, then no delay.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting, I hadn't read that. I would think that the EU would have to agree to the delay also.  Off to go digging.
Even if they do agree to delay, the UK can still not bother with it and go for Brexit as planned and set out in law on 29th March.

The difficulty for the EU is that they are going to have EU parliament elections in May.  If the UK have not left by that time, we must undertake our own elections for members of the European parliament which will be a Eurosceptic landslide.  This means that the EU will be facing growing number of MEPs from the UK, Italy, Greece, and other countries who will be setting out to sabotage the EU from within.  The EU are deeply unhappy about the prospect, so getting rid of the UK buys them some time.

On the other hand, they don't want us to leave because they like our money and influence, even if we are disruptive and difficult.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 8:10:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

On the other hand, they don't want us to leave because they like our money and influence, even if we are disruptive and difficult.
View Quote
See how cheeky and fun it is to stick it to your colonial overlords?  
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 8:33:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I dunno. I guess that depends on who you consider to be the colonial overlords.

The EU haven't been that bad about it be honest and has done exactly what we expected it to do which is look after its own interests.  Can't blame them for that.  Very un-overlordish and appeasing if anything.

We kind just said "fuck off, we're leaving" without a shot fired, and stomped off to deal with the hissy fit in our own country.

Our biggest challenge has been our own Parliament and the anti-democratic loons within it.  That and the hardcore remainers who have refused to accept the democratic will of the people and have made a dogs dinner of the whole affair.  Even the media have been bought off and exhibited really disgraceful bias though the who thing.

We need to clean up our own house before worrying about others.

So yeah, the whole colonial overlord thing turns out to be some of the lily-livered, deceitful Europhile sycophants that had masqueraded on a Leave manifesto in our own Parliament, but turned traitorous to the people as time went on.

Next election is going to be a doozey.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 8:53:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Lol
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 9:08:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I dunno. I guess that depends on who you consider to be the colonial overlords.

The EU haven't been that bad about it be honest and has done exactly what we expected it to do which is look after its own interests.  Can't blame them for that.  Very un-overlordish and appeasing if anything.

We kind just said "fuck off, we're leaving" without a shot fired, and stomped off to deal with the hissy fit in our own country.

Our biggest challenge has been our own Parliament and the anti-democratic loons within it.  That and the hardcore remainers who have refused to accept the democratic will of the people and have made a dogs dinner of the whole affair.  Even the media have been bought off and exhibited really disgraceful bias though the who thing.

We need to clean up our own house before worrying about others.

So yeah, the whole colonial overlord thing turns out to be some of the lily-livered, deceitful Europhile sycophants that had masqueraded on a Leave manifesto in our own Parliament, but turned traitorous to the people as time went on.

Next election is going to be a doozey.
View Quote
There' kinda some similar parallels with more harumphs in Parliament and less shooting in the streets or dealings with the French, which is to your benefit.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 9:17:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
If Brexit doesn't happen it'll be due to crooked Brit politicians. Mark my words these fuckers (and the media over there) have been bought off by people who want to "Remain".
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 9:27:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

If Brexit doesn't happen it'll be due to crooked Brit politicians. Mark my words these fuckers (and the media over there) have been bought off by people who want to "Remain".
View Quote
Yep.

And this ducking cuckold. And yes I mean in the literal sense is the biggest traitor of them all. He’s our version of Mcain

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 9:35:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Yep.

And this ducking cuckold. And yes I mean in the literal sense is the biggest traitor of them all. He’s our version of Mcain

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/398238/EF7578C9-46C3-44FF-9F1F-DECC01CD00CA_jpeg-882775.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/398238/EF7578C9-46C3-44FF-9F1F-DECC01CD00CA_jpeg-882775.JPG
Odious little twat.  Wouldn’t cross the road to piss on him if he was on fire.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 9:50:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Odious little twat.  Wouldn’t cross the road to piss on him if he was on fire.
View Quote
As much as I hate to armchair psychoanalyse the guy it’s blatantly obvious he was severely bullied as a child. He’s missed his calling as a meter maid. He had that same stupid face on when his wife went to the papers tellin everybody what a slut she was and the same face when she was fucking some bald fat guy wasn't it his brother?

He’s jack straw level odious.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 10:03:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

As much as I hate to armchair psychoanalyse the guy it’s blatantly obvious he was severely bullied as a child. He’s missed his calling as a meter maid. He had that same stupid face on when his wife went to the papers tellin everybody what a slut she was and the same face when she was fucking some bald fat guy wasn't it his brother?

View Quote
Got a link or 2 for me? I  Don't know who he is besides a faggy looking twat.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 10:52:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
John Bercow, Speaker, UK House of Commons
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 12:12:09 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

John Bercow, Speaker, UK House of Commons
View Quote
Thanks, off to Google I Go.
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 12:58:50 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Not all of them to be fair, but there is a disproportionate number of lying shits in the palace of Westminster.

Their cards are marked and many will be facing deselection and defeat at the inevitable General Election post Brexit.

Some may be able to redeem themselves, but I doubt it.

Some figures for your consideration:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/131050/D14eVI5XgAINWok_jpg-882591.JPG
View Quote
Looks like the MPs are clearly out of step with the people they supposedly represent.
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 6:25:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 6:30:15 PM EDT
[#32]
That's actually quite funny.

It'll be even funnier in 10 years time when we have been long gone for ages and she's at the front door shouting "brexit! yer tea's ready, get in here you fucking shit weasel".

Surely if you are going to name a cat after this event it would be beneficial to have something a little more subtle, like Jacob, after staunch Brexiteer, future Prime Minister, and universally loved hero of the people, Jacob Rees-Mogg (Gawd bless him!!).
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 6:32:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Drag your feet long enough and it will effectively not happen.
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 6:39:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Unfortunately it is looking like it may not be the British citizens choice to make either. Don't get me wrong, I support Brexit 100% and I am hoping for the best with nothing but sincere well wishes.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 6:43:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

It'll be even funnier in 10 years time when we have been long gone for ages and she's at the front door shouting "brexit! yer tea's ready, get in here you fucking shit weasel".

Surely if you are going to name a cat after this event it would be beneficial to have something a little more subtle, like Jacob, after staunch Brexiteer, future Prime Minister, and universally loved hero of the people, Jacob Rees-Mogg (Gawd bless him!!).
View All Quotes
Quoted:

she'd better be wearing a burka when she does it, otherwise the sharia police will give her a beating for being out in public without a male relative
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 11:15:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@dbrad197

He’s a weasel, a really smug hateful partisan politician in a roll where he’s supposed to be neutral. The previous speaker you hardly heard about, she did the job well. This dickhead is always in the news.

Small insight into the man. Barely scratches the surface.

https://order-order.com/2019/03/19/16-times-bercow-threw-away-precedent/

22nd November 2018: Bullied Andrea Leadsom out of the chamber
18th May 2018: Uses his position to reject standards probe into him calling Andrea Leadsom a stupid woman in the chamber.
9th January 2019: Overruled clerks’ advice to select the Grieve amendment in order to delay Brexit
14th March 2019: Refused to select the cross-party amendment B despite it having cross party support of 127 MPs, more than every other selected amendment put together.
Ongoing: Refuses to honour his election to speaker pledge which notes he would serve for no more than 9 years in total.

He’s a jumped up little Hitler with delusions of grandeur and pissed with power.
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 11:26:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

@dbrad197

He’s a weasel, a really smug hateful partisan politician in a roll where he’s supposed to be neutral. The previous speaker you hardly heard about, she did the job well. This dickhead is always in the news.

Small insight into the man. Barely scratches the surface.

https://order-order.com/2019/03/19/16-times-bercow-threw-away-precedent/

22nd November 2018: Bullied Andrea Leadsom out of the chamber
18th May 2018: Uses his position to reject standards probe into him calling Andrea Leadsom a stupid woman in the chamber.
9th January 2019: Overruled clerks’ advice to select the Grieve amendment in order to delay Brexit
14th March 2019: Refused to select the cross-party amendment B despite it having cross party support of 127 MPs, more than every other selected amendment put together.
Ongoing: Refuses to honour his election to speaker pledge which notes he would serve for no more than 9 years in total.

He’s a jumped up little Hitler with delusions of grandeur and pissed with power.
View Quote
Wow, what a fucking cunt.

The comment section on that page was a pretty interesting read for me too. That guy needs some Tar and Feathers.
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 11:27:11 PM EDT
[#38]
There is no great hidden conspiracy here, the answer is actually simple.

The people voted to leave the EU and the government doesn't really want to do it, so they are fucking it up as best they can, turning it into a fantastic clusterfuck to delay long enough that the people just give up and are resigned to going back to the way things used to be.  It's a hot shitty fucking mess.

If you want the details, it's literally all about the custom's union, which means it's really all about tariffs.
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 11:33:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Wow, what a fucking cunt.

The comment section on that page was a pretty interesting read for me too. That guy needs some Tar and Feathers.
View Quote
Yep.

Mind you his wife is worse

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1233312/Reckless-drinking-sprees-casual-sex---ELSE-Sally-Bercow-got-hide.html

Fucking his cousin
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 11:46:11 PM EDT
[#40]
In a sense it is kinda like our secret police deciding they can't stand Trump and setting up an "insurance policy" resulting in the Mueller investigation.

Deep state gonna deep state.
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 11:46:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Wow, she just vomits out all of her filthy life to anyone who will listen, doesn't she?

Bercow himself seems to me to be alot like John McCain in some ways. He is also a fucking manlet.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 11:57:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Monster Magnet - Theres No Way Out Of Here
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 10:43:36 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 11:13:19 AM EDT
[#44]
Which one's old spice.

Txl
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 11:20:32 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
The wife's company laid off 90% of their staff in London, a highly compensated staff, and moved the jobs to the EU.  They also took a huge chunk of money with them.

They are part of the 900 billion pounds that has fled UK in the last year or so.  More to follow.

Personally, I hope the UK gets a hard exit.  When people are begging to get F'ed, I say, F'em hard.  They are begging for it.
View Quote
Wow, serious lack of empathy those wanting to not be ruled by unelected socialists from another country.

Sorry your girl lost.
You voted Beta as well I bet.

Txl
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 1:37:09 PM EDT
[#46]
The EU will only agree to a short delay to Brexit if MPs approve the current withdrawal agreement next week, Theresa May has been told.

EU Council President Donald Tusk said an extension, requested by the prime minister on Wednesday, was possible.

Mrs May has written to Mr Tusk requesting a Brexit delay to 30 June, saying she needed more time to get her withdrawal deal passed by MPs.

The UK is due to leave the EU next Friday, on 29 March.

Mr Tusk said he believed all 27 other EU members, who must sign off on the extension, would agree but it depended on a "positive" vote in the House of Commons.

The length of any extension was open for discussion, he told reporters in Brussels.

While a delay until 30 June "had its merits", he also suggested there were "political and legal" questions about delaying Brexit beyond 23 May - when European elections will be held.

While the current withdrawal agreement could not be changed, he suggested additional legal assurances the EU gave Mrs May in Strasbourg last week could be formalised to help get the backing of MPs.

Meanwhile, an emergency debate is under way in Parliament, with Labour pressing for further detail about the PM's intentions and demanding that any delay is long enough to allow MPs to "break the impasse and find a way forward".

The prime minister is due to meet MPs from opposition parties later to discuss her letter.

At a highly charged Prime Minister's Questions earlier, Mrs May said MPs had "indulged themselves on Europe for too long" and voters "deserved better".

She said she had rejected calls for a longer delay to Brexit because she wanted to avoid the UK taking part in European elections in May, which she said would be an "unacceptable" three years after voting to leave the EU.

"It would be a failure to deliver on the referendum decision this House said it would deliver," she told the Commons.

But she added: "As prime minister I could not consider a further delay beyond 30 June."

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-47636011
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 2:41:18 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
The EU will only agree to a short delay to Brexit if MPs approve the current withdrawal agreement next week, Theresa May has been told.

EU Council President Donald Tusk said an extension, requested by the prime minister on Wednesday, was possible.

Mrs May has written to Mr Tusk requesting a Brexit delay to 30 June, saying she needed more time to get her withdrawal deal passed by MPs.
View Quote
This is like a pathetic teenage breakup, where the guy (Britain) dumps his abusive girlfriend (the EU), but his little head starts missing the sex. Just break up already. She's not gonna treat you better if you come groveling back.

Surely the intellectual superiors of the British government have the intellectual capacity to figure this out. (   <----- sarcasm)
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 2:43:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
It is neither closer nor further. It is happening on March 29th whether anybody likes it or not.

The only thing being debated is how far the Brits extend the middle finger on the way out. Thus far, it is looking like Britain is going to give the EU a giant FU, and the EU is saying FU right back.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Someone from the UK, or a bigger Anglophile please explain to me if this means Brexit is closer to happening or further away.
It is neither closer nor further. It is happening on March 29th whether anybody likes it or not.

The only thing being debated is how far the Brits extend the middle finger on the way out. Thus far, it is looking like Britain is going to give the EU a giant FU, and the EU is saying FU right back.
that is my current understanding of the situation ....
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 2:57:39 PM EDT
[#49]
The delay will only happen if all EU members agree to it. The pussies in the UK Parliament may vote for it, but it's not up to them.

If Macron tells them to fuck off it'll still happen on the 29th, which would probably be the best option for everyone involved. The current uncertainty damages both the EU and the UK.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 3:21:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Yep.

View Quote
Man, that is the definition of a punchable face. The minute I saw the photo my fist curled up of its own will.

I'll bet he gets that a lot.
Page / 132
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top