Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 393
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 10:01:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I just don't understand what the fuck the Giants long-term plan is. I mean, as a Cowboys fan, that makes me happy, but now they still don't have a plan at QB, no WR1, a ton of dead money sunk into OBJ, etc. By the time they can come out of a rebuild, Barkley will be exiting his rookie deal and wanting to get paid.

Part of the reason the Pats are a dynasty is they never overpay for free agents, or enter into stupid long term contracts.
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 10:05:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm stoked with what the Chiefs are doing.  As unpopular as some of these decisions have been its exactly what I wanted them to do.

Now get rid of Berry, bargain shop, and do well in the draft.
View Quote
They had to blow that defense up. No salvaging it.
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 10:06:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I just don't understand what the fuck the Giants long-term plan is. I mean, as a Cowboys fan, that makes me happy, but now they still don't have a plan at QB, no WR1, a ton of dead money sunk into OBJ, etc. By the time they can come out of a rebuild, Barkley will be exiting his rookie deal and wanting to get paid.

Part of the reason the Pats are a dynasty is they never overpay for free agents, or enter into stupid long term contracts.
View Quote
And a quarter back who would rather win superbowls than have the highest paid medal.
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 10:15:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 10:43:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Yeah you guys should plan your 2019 Cleveland trip for later in the season.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He’ll come in on fresh legs after his suspension, and tear it up during the playoff push.
And if it's cold you'll have your RBF to keep you warm!
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 11:27:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
And a quarter back who would rather win superbowls than have the highest paid medal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Of the top 16 QB's with the most guaranteed money only 4 made the playoffs.

Russell Wilson went one and done.

Joe Flacco watched his team go one and done from the bench.

Phillip Rivers lost in the divisional round.

Andrew Luck lost in the divisional round.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 12:14:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He’ll come in on fresh legs after his suspension, and tear it up during the playoff push.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 12:26:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Bell to Jets??? Looks official
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 12:27:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
broke back Cleveland?
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 12:30:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Bell gets $52 over four years not sure of the guarantee.

Edit: $35 guaranteed and he can make $61
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 12:31:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Don't you mean the Official 2019 Cowboys fellatio thread full of charts and graphs and altered bullshit thread ?

I'll stick to ludders thread, as long as you promise to keep out of it and not shit all over it.

Link Posted: 3/13/2019 12:35:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Don't you mean the Official 2019 Cowboys fellatio thread full of charts and graphs and altered bullshit thread ?

I'll stick to ludders thread, as long as you promise to keep out of it and not shit all over it.

View Quote
Show us on the doll where the former cowboy player touched you, it’s ok... we all love you.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 12:40:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 12:52:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
I guess you’ll be stuck in 2018 then.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 12:53:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Bell to Jets??? Looks official
View Quote
Who the hell am I supposed to pick up in the first round of fantasy? Gurley?
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 1:04:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Who the hell am I supposed to pick up in the first round of fantasy? Gurley?
View Quote
Yup, with his arthritic knees... guess it’ll be Zeke??
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 1:26:07 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 1:29:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Damn... just got home from work and see that Cameron wake is signing with the titans.  Damn, he's the one guy I wanted them to bring back.  Incredible worker and leader.  I'll miss him making big plays.
98 sacks as a dolphin

Cameron Wake’s Game-Winning Safety vs. Bengals (Week 9, 2013) | #ThrowBackThursday | NFL
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 1:30:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And he’ll be stuck in a season in which the Seahawks went one and done to the Dallas “haven’t done anything in 20 years” Cowboys.  
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 1:35:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
It's almost as if he, or at least his agent, knew more about this than random people posting online...
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 1:59:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
It's almost as if he, or at least his agent, knew more about this than random people posting online...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The dumbfuckery of a franchise that's only had 2 winning seasons this decade might be a variable here.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 2:04:25 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
Looks like a little bit less than if he had signed with the Steelers.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 2:17:22 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The dumbfuckery of a franchise that's only had 2 winning seasons this decade might be a variable here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"It ain't stupid if it works." seems to apply here

Quoted:
More guaranteed money in this deal, IIRC.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 2:48:08 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Does anyone know what was the total guaranteed amount in the Steelers’ offer? It seems like whenever the offer gets brought up the guaranteed amount gets omitted.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 2:54:09 AM EDT
[#25]
Bells offer from the steelers last year had around 33M guaranteed.
What i can find out it was 5yrs at 70M.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 3:36:08 AM EDT
[#26]
His price came down a little.

Le'Veon Bell: I'll Sign with NY Jets for $100 Million! | TMZ Sports
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 3:41:15 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/146520/Screenshot_20190312-230126_Facebook-875825.jpgBells offer from the steelers last year had around 33M guaranteed.
View Quote
So
5 for 70M with 33M guaranteed
or
4 for 61M with 35M guaranteed

Not drastically better, but better. Even if he doesn't meet the incentives for whatever reason (and assuming the 70M number doesn't already include those same kind of incentives) it's not much less.

It's not enough to make up for losing the money he would have got this year, but at the same time he didnt get hurt and lose his chance to turn 18M (IIRC?) into 35M.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 3:57:21 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
So
or

Not drastically better, but better. Even if he doesn't meet the incentives for whatever reason (and assuming the 70M number doesn't already include those same kind of incentives) it's not much less.

It's not enough to make up for losing the money he would have got this year, but at the same time he didnt get hurt and lose his chance to turn 18M (IIRC?) into 35M.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/146520/Screenshot_20190312-230126_Facebook-875825.jpgBells offer from the steelers last year had around 33M guaranteed.
So
or

Yeah, it’s looking like both Brown and Bell came out on top versus the Steelers.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 6:30:54 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

are you happy with this trade? seems like giants are revving up for a rebuild.
View Quote
I’m pissed, Gettleman should be hanged. We got fleeced.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 6:33:14 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Crazy, crazy couple of days.

And the Patriots do what they do, lol. Laughing at it all.

<——not a Pats fan
View Quote
Yeah, the rest of the NFL is going nuts, reminding me of the Leslie Neilsen scene in The Naked Gun where he's shouting, "There's nothing to see here...move along!"

And then you have the Patriots sitting there like a black hole.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 6:33:36 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 6:34:39 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 6:41:52 AM EDT
[#33]
Two teams that look significantly better on paper today vs. last week: Cleveland Browns and NY Jets.

Two teams that look significantly worse on paper today vs. last week: Kansas City Chiefs and New England Patriots.

Miami looks like a dumpster fire, but both the Jets and Bills appear to have gained ground on New England, with the Jets having done more between the two.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 8:29:13 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
So
or

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So
or

The screen capped article above is incorrect. The Steelers offer only included 10 million guaranteed. Confirmed by numerous sources in the middle of last season.

We even discussed it in last year's thread, where I stated as early as November that it was a smart move because even if he settled for less than the 14.5 million guaranteed by the franchise tag he would still make 12-14 million a year and could get himself a 4-6 year deal with more than 50% guaranteed.

Now look what happened, he "settled" for a 4 year deal, 13 million a year with incentives up to OVER 15 million a year with more than half of it guaranteed.

Meanwhile the mouth breathers in here were all jumping down Bell's throat because they don't know shit aside from the game and can't realize business is business.

Bell proved his point. He is guaranteed more money while giving up very very little per season money while having incentives that will make it possible for him to make MORE per season money. Fuck the Steelers for making this a personal war last year. They deserve everything that is happening to them now and more.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 9:32:19 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Bell proved his point. He is guaranteed more money while giving up very very little per season money while having incentives that will make it possible for him to make MORE per season money. Fuck the Steelers for making this a personal war last year. They deserve everything that is happening to them now and more.
View Quote
Why say FTS? The Steelers proved their point too. They didn't need to pay $15+ mil a year to get Bell-like production and they proved that with James Conner. He was 90% of the production for a fraction of the price.

If anything, this deal just shows that some teams can coach their way to success at some positions while others are forced to pay for it.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 9:41:18 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Why say FTS? The Steelers proved their point too. They didn't need to pay $15+ mil a year to get Bell-like production and they proved that with James Conner. He was 90% of the production for a fraction of the price.

If anything, this deal just shows that some teams can coach their way to success at some positions while others are forced to pay for it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because the Steelers turned a business decision into a personal attack. The locker room fell apart, they pointed fingers and blamed their own team mates. The front office staff, the coaching staff, the players, all of them lashed out and played the blame game with Bell. They were petty whiny bitches. Even the whole raiding of his locker was ridiculous petty level bullshit.

They couldn't get Bell out of their heads. All season long they were obsessed with trying to prove they didn't need himl. In the end they fell apart, lost 4 of the last 6, and didn't even make the playoffs. As expected of such a divisive locker room.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 9:45:35 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's a Seahawks fan.  They're all stuck in 2005.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 9:59:24 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess you'll be stuck in 2018 then.
As a non-Seahawk fan living in Washington I am super super thankful for their loss to the Patriots in SB49, and for the way it happened. The ending to that game and the overall loss helped keep the fans in check/humbled.

It was going to be unbearable to listen to them if they won back to back.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 10:41:02 AM EDT
[#39]

So what happened? How did everything go so wrong that the Giants were willing to ship Beckham away less than seven months after giving him a five-year, $90 million contract?

"He had become too much of a pain in the ass," said one source familiar with the situation. "And there was a real fear that eventually it would get worse."

That is as good an explanation for any for why the Giants sent the 26-year-old Beckham to the Cleveland Browns on Tuesday night for a first-round pick (17th overall), a third-round pick and safety Jabrill Peppers. It was "absolutely not a football decision," according to one team source. The Giants are well aware that replacing Beckham on the field might be impossible.

But off the field they had grown tired of dealing with his headaches, and as Gettleman explained to reporters at the NFL scouting combine two weeks ago, "part of the responsibility of a general manager is to eliminate distractions." Beckham had become a lightning rod in New York, and no matter how the Giants tried to manage him, they couldn't keep him out of the spotlight.

"You've got to eliminate distractions," Gettleman said at the combine, and not specifically about Beckham. "There used to be a thing I used to call 'the a--hole quotient.' The bigger the a--hole you are, the better the player you had to be. Plain and simple. It's funny (but) it's true. It really is. Think of the great players that you've seen around the league who have been just complete jerks. At the end of the day, what was the sum total of their career and their effect on their teams?"
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 10:52:45 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

i don't like playing what ifs, but if bell was on that team last year i think they would've made the super bowl. conner put up very good and similar numbers, but he also got hurt. i can't remember seeing a team with super bowl talent, aspirations and coaching turn into a dumpster fire so badly over the course of one season.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 11:12:11 AM EDT
[#41]
Eli’s numbers with and without Beckham:

Attachment Attached File

Link
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 11:25:07 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

i don't like playing what ifs, but if bell was on that team last year i think they would've made the super bowl. conner put up very good and similar numbers, but he also got hurt. i can't remember seeing a team with super bowl talent, aspirations and coaching turn into a dumpster fire so badly over the course of one season.
View Quote
I do not think they would have won with bell.
Defense is to bad. So is the coaching staff.

Locker room has been the shits for 2-3 years.

Colbert,tomlin and most of the coaching staff need to be fired.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 11:36:26 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
The new league year begins tomorrow so here's your 2019 NFL thread.
View Quote

Well I guess since this is the official thread I can officially say Fuck the NFL.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 12:11:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Miami looks like a dumpster fire
View Quote
That's by design this time
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 12:13:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
IF it works.

We'll see if the Jets get their money's worth over the next 2-3 years. I'm not saying it won't happen, but I'll be surprised if they do.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 12:17:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Two teams that look significantly better on paper today vs. last week: Cleveland Browns and NY Jets.

Two teams that look significantly worse on paper today vs. last week: Kansas City Chiefs and New England Patriots.

Miami looks like a dumpster fire, but both the Jets and Bills appear to have gained ground on New England, with the Jets having done more between the two.
View Quote
Don't the Pats do this every year?

Trading/waving goodbye to big money players for a little bit of draft capital and then signing value FAs seems like the Belichick way.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 12:20:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 12:22:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote
Good for Earl. He wanted 14 mil a year, that is just shy of that but has really good guarantees and a lot of money up front.

Basically looks like a 2 year guaranteed deal, 3rd year being most likely with the Ravens being safe to get rid of him in year 4 if his age / injuries have caught up to him.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 12:28:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Interesting.

Link Posted: 3/13/2019 12:31:09 PM EDT
[#50]
Dorsey signed Incompletrius Harris today.

That dude is good for 5-10 infuriating dropped passes every season.

I'm glad he's gone, but the Chiefs need to sign/draft a new TE2.
Page / 393
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top