Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2003 8:03:16 PM EDT
So, I'm sitting here watching American Chopper and see an add for Adult Attention-Deficit Disorder.  You've got to be kidding me..... right?  Let me get this straight, Now not only do parents not have to take responsibility for their children's actions but now they've got an accuse not to take responsibility for their own.

www.adultadd.com

WTF,
DG84

Link Posted: 12/20/2003 8:04:58 PM EDT
[#1]
*Sigh*

Aviator
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 8:10:25 PM EDT
[#2]
That is so absurd, I can't even begin to comprehend.... how do they put the M on a mcgriddle? I'm really hungry, I want boardwalk fries, I like how they put old bay on them, I wonder why it's called old bay.....
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 8:13:14 PM EDT
[#3]
You think that's absurd?  You should read the questions on the screening test at the web-site.  
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 8:14:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey, don't laugh,  I have.....

wtf were we talking about?

matt
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 8:25:58 PM EDT
[#5]
One of my best friends(32)has this bullshit!It's fucking anoying.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 8:26:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't know - I think faster and more clearly with a number of margaritas' in me.  I think the booze clears out my head.

I'm starting to wonder if I have Adult A.D.D.

What was I saying?
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 8:29:03 PM EDT
[#7]
huh?
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 8:29:08 PM EDT
[#8]
There running out of kids to dope up so the pharmacutical companys need to move on to the adults.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 8:29:56 PM EDT
[#9]
What?

+1
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 8:36:31 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm ADHD  try and keep up!!
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 8:43:42 PM EDT
[#11]
The trick is to only listen to one of the voices at a time ... or at least that's what my therpist tells me.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 8:54:18 PM EDT
[#12]
I worked with an adult that had this. What a friggin pain in the ass, it was all about pay attn to me, I am excited about this, why isn't everybody else, I have the attn. span of a gnat.

and this was while taking what ever meds he was on. I can only imagine one of these goofs if they were not taking thier doggy downers.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 9:28:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Thats just crazy. Hey look! A dog with a poofy tail!
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 10:00:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
There running out of kids to dope up so the pharmacutical companys need to move on to the adults.
View Quote

no crap. i was reading an article recently that was talking about how there has been a steady climb in the percentage of girls who do well in school while the rate of boys who do well in school has dropped sharply.

why you ask? learning descrimination. girls arent as roudy as boys and can learn perfectly well be sitting in a classroom and reading/listening to the teacher for hours at a time. Whereas boys learn by DOING, we have to experiment, play around with things and let out minds work. I remember having to let my mind wonder to think about how things "worked" in elementry school and it was often trumped as attention disorder by the teachers, all of whom were women and wouldnt "understand."

boys also need a considerable amount of physical exercise especially when they are young, and so become restless in class. letting their minds explore the interworkings of a fort in early america or such stuff combined with being restless for a good run makes boys alot harder to teach with the traditional "glued to the chair, listen for hours and hours, read&write" kind of teaching.

But alas rather than treating the problem at its core, and changing the method of teaching to more "hands on" the teachers just call in the parents, tell them their son has ADD or ADHD and have a doctor prescribe ritelin (sp?) and put them in the "special ed" section of the school.

in fact its estimated that as many as 50% of the kids in special ed do NOT belong there. It may be a "quick fix" for the class but it screws the kids and gives those without any initiative an excuse to be losers and failures for the rest of their lives.

once again another reason to homeschool your kids (at least part way) or at least put em in private school.

Note: for those of you that do homeschool your kids, make sure that they get out and about and participate in activities that allow them to come in contact with other kids, especially those of the opposite sex. otherwise their social skills wont be that great and dating will come VERY hard for them.

just my .02
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 10:04:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I don't know - I think faster and more clearly with a number of margaritas' in me.  I think the booze clears out my head.

I'm starting to wonder if I have Adult A.D.D.

What was I saying?
View Quote

I worker better after about 2 or 3 shots of vodka.  Normally Im kinda jump, I cant just sit around and do nothing, I have to move around or have something to mess with.  I dont think its its A.D.D though.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 10:52:13 PM EDT
[#16]

I remember when we called these grownups "assholes."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top