Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/20/2003 6:31:13 AM EDT
The pristine finish on new guns is starting to annoy me. It's a "Oh no, I scratched it!" waiting to happen.

I'd rather buy used guns with some wear on them. Then I can use them as weapons and tools, and not care about roughing them up a bit.

Anyone feel this way?
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 6:37:41 AM EDT
I don't mind dinging up my new guns, but I am not a glossy finish/walnut stocks kind of guy.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 6:38:02 AM EDT
Originally Posted By clean_cut: The pristine finish on new guns is starting to annoy me. It's a "Oh no, I scratched it!" waiting to happen. I'd rather buy used guns with some wear on them. Then I can use them as [i]weapons[/i] and [i]tools[/i], and not care about roughing them up a bit. Anyone feel this way?
View Quote
Nope. I could care less if a new gun gets roughed up. It's a tool, it happens to all of them.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 6:47:35 AM EDT
I know exactly how you feel....that's why I started this thread back in sept. [url]http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=205062&w=searchPop[/url]
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 6:48:10 AM EDT
New or used. I buy my guns to shoot. I bought my Colt Python NIB. Took my awhile to break down and shoot it, but I'm glad I did. I still keep it in its original plastic box and it still looks brand new. And let me tell you it is one SWEET ass gun. BTW I think I'll shoot it tomorrow. [:D]
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 6:48:40 AM EDT
Well, I want both - nicely finished guns to shoot targets and fondle, and rough guns that I can fall on for the woods.
Top Top