Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 7:05:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I did that in a Springfield and all it did was stop.
Due to the venting of the smaller brass and the smaller diameter of the projectile, the slide hardly moved enough to pick up the next round.
I'm thinking someone instinctivly racked the slide, chambering the .45 and sealing that gun's fate.
KB maybe, but not the guns fault.
Inadvertent user induced barrel obstruction from manually cycling slide as trained to do, IMO.
That training was 100% valid until the .40 came along?
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 7:37:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Coming soon to an Equipment Exchange near you:

FS - Kimber Custom Eclipse II - Like New. Some hoster wear, minor barrel and frame scratches. Unique dual-caliber (.40S&W/.45ACP) capability without changing barrel. Note: Dual-caliber system only fired once. $1200 invested, will sacrifice for $3.62, or best offer.

Minor surface damage. I think it can be repaired:
Don't scrap that damaged item that nothing else can fix! J-B WELD is an incredibly versatile product that can repair everything from damaged welds and solders to a precious heirloom. Save money, save time, and save your sanity for drastically less money than other forms of permanent repair.
View Quote

[url]http://www.jbweld.net/images/coldweld.gif[/url]

[i]Editted fer speelinng[/i][BD]
View Quote

lol

[:D]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top