Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 2/21/2019 1:15:57 AM EDT
Curious if there are any new observations since Aug 2017.

Particularly about lowering blood pressure and stress / anxiety.

Previous Thread Aug 2017
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 1:26:38 AM EDT
[#1]
My daughter has had good luck with it for migraines.  Instead of being down for a whole day, she’s usually over one in twenty minutes.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 2:01:56 AM EDT
[#2]
I was 100% in the camp that believed this stuff was BS. I haven’t slept so well as far back as I can remember. It’s helped a lot with joint pain.

Any specifics brands you guys would recommend?
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 2:11:51 AM EDT
[#3]
I really can’t remember which brand my daughter got.  I’ll see her this weekend and ask, though.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 2:18:51 AM EDT
[#4]
My mom sells it through one of those pyramid places. Zilis, or something. She gave me a bottle to try. I didn't notice any real difference, maybe too low of a dosage.

Gave it to one of my Filipino friends, and he swears by it, a long with one their offerings. The other one contains turmeric, and a bunch of other things that are supposed to be natural pain killers, help joints, etc.

He takes both 1-2 times a day (2 times if playing soccer). He loves the stuff.

I guess, as with many things, ymmv, different strokes etc.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 2:32:37 AM EDT
[#5]
I give it to my dog for IBS and anxiety. Now all he does is play video games and listen to reggae music.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 2:35:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Helps with sensory disorder
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 3:25:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Tried it for sleep.

Kind of sort of somewhat helped. I don't think I finished the second bottle.

It did help calm me a bit, but not even remotely enough for the cost.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 3:48:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Helped with sleep and lower back pain, for me
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 3:49:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Just as a heads up, but the recent AMA pro racing drama about CBD sponsors in the sport of Motocross and Supercross taught me a few things. Namely, even though 47 states have legalized CBD, it is still considered a schedule 1 drug federally. So basically you're in the same boat as if you smoked marijuana with regard to the 2A and what you put on a 4473.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 11:37:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
even though 47 states have legalized CBD, it is still considered a schedule 1 drug federally.  
View Quote
even though the FDA just approved a synthetic version for big pharma to produce that will be schedule 5.

Link Posted: 2/21/2019 11:40:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 11:40:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Anyone try the CBD hemp flowers you can buy online? The overpriced snake oil did absolutely nothing.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 11:41:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 11:41:49 AM EDT
[#14]
NOT a schedule 1 drug.  Now schedule 5 drug and legal federally.  It's THC that's still the culprit...
CBD in food stuffs is still questionable due to regulation by the FDA but oils, balms, pills, etc. are all ok.  If it works for you, use it.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 11:44:40 AM EDT
[#15]
https://tweedlefarms.com/collections/cbd-flower

Left Cold on purpose. I hesitate to buy this crap because it looks exactly like pot. Supposedly just as legal as CBD oil though(which does nothing for me)
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 11:46:53 AM EDT
[#16]
My friend has been giving his brown lab CBD oil to help with the pain from an inoperable tumor in his leg and a bad cough. The dog went from 90% dead to acting more or less normal for an 11 year old brown lab, the tumor also shrank dramatically. The vet had written the dog off and that my friend needed to make a decision about putting the dog down. When he took his dog back to the vet the vet was amazed at the difference. That was 4 months ago.

The tumor is still going to eventually kill the poor fella but right now he is comfortable and not in pain.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 11:51:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Just as a heads up, but the recent AMA pro racing drama about CBD sponsors in the sport of Motocross and Supercross taught me a few things. Namely, even though 47 states have legalized CBD, it is still considered a schedule 1 drug federally. So basically you're in the same boat as if you smoked marijuana with regard to the 2A and what you put on a 4473.
View Quote
I sincerely doubt this.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 11:51:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Anyone try the CBD hemp flowers you can buy online? The overpriced snake oil did absolutely nothing.
View Quote
I've seen it. It looks and smells exactly like weed...probably because it is weed...it just has less than the regulated amount of THC and is thus considered "industrial hemp" if grown in accordance with local and federal provisions. I would be very hesitant to have anything like that on me as I'm guessing it would be mistaken for marijuana by the police. I'm also guessing that a dog would hit on it.

Can't speak to it's effectiveness because I don't know.

I'm all for legalizing any form of cannabis though. Freedom is a good thing.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 11:55:04 AM EDT
[#19]
My parents are into Vasayo and I have tried most of their products. The cbd drops brought my PVC episodes to an end but I haven't had a reason to try the cream yet. Everyone who has says its fantastic though.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 11:55:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 11:59:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I've seen it. It looks and smells exactly like weed...probably because it is weed...it just has less than the regulated amount of THC and is thus considered "industrial hemp" if grown in accordance with local and federal provisions. I would be very hesitant to have anything like that on me as I'm guessing it would be mistaken for marijuana by the police. I'm also guessing that a dog would hit on it.

View Quote
As I recall, recently, LIVE PD had a guy stopped - checked his vape juice.  PD told him if there was NO THC indicated in their test kit " no problem ".

There wasn't.

However I would have to assume that the "legal amount" of .3% would probably show.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 12:01:01 PM EDT
[#22]
The CBD stuff is getting pretty crazy in my area

I went to the gas station and while I was paying I see a fuckin baggy of weed just sitting on the counter

The guy noticed I was looking at it. He showed me the packaging

CBD stuff; supposedly had less than 3% THC or maybe it was .3% THC.

But it straight looked and smelled like the real stuff
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 12:01:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yes that does sound like a horrible idea. No officer would believe "but this is just CBD dawg!" I have no interest in getting high but CBD does sound like a great alternative to pain meds and anxiety meds, just wish I could find a product that worked on me.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 12:02:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Been on a dropper full a day of 1000mg oil for six months now.
Shoulder and neck pain vainished, which resulted in a sleep I
haven’t experienced in years. I’m sold.
Informative website, and good product..ymmv
Claims THC free

www.joyorganics.com.   Bass10 is code 10% off
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 12:07:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I give it to my dog for IBS and anxiety. Now all he does is play video games and listen to reggae music.
View Quote
Username and avatar check out.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 12:16:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
NOT a schedule 1 drug.  Now schedule 5 drug and legal federally.  It's THC that's still the culprit...
CBD in food stuffs is still questionable due to regulation by the FDA but oils, balms, pills, etc. are all ok.  If it works for you, use it.
View Quote
No, they approved 1 specific drug so far, Epidolex,  that uses CBD. They did not reclassify all CBD. If it contains more than .01% THC, which most do, it's schedule 1 still.

Edit: 0.1% not .01%.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 12:21:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
No, they approved 1 specific drug, Epidolex,  that uses CBD. They did not reclassify all CBD.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No, they approved 1 specific drug, Epidolex,  that uses CBD. They did not reclassify all CBD.
All CBD oil that is produced from "industrial hemp" is legal...potentially not knowing if the CBD was extracted from a plant grown in accordance with the Farm Bill is likely the biggest issue. CBD is not a schedule 1 drug. As stated above, some states have taken issue with CBD "edibles" because people are saying (likely correctly) that it is not an approved additive.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 12:21:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Has anyone taken a drug test while using cbd oil? My joint pain is ridiculous and I’m tempted to give this a try but I get random tested at work. I know it says thc free but no idea if it gives false positives on a test. Internet searches are all over the place.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 12:26:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

All CBD oil that is produced from "industrial hemp" is legal...potentially not knowing if the CBD was extracted from a plant grown in accordance with the Farm Bill is likely the biggest issue. CBD is not a schedule 1 drug. As stated above, some states have taken issue with CBD "edibles" because people are saying (likely correctly) that it is not an approved additive.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

That's not what this says.

https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2018/09/28/2018-21121/schedules-of-controlled-substances-placement-in-schedule-v-of-certain-fda-approved-drugs-containing

With the issuance of this final order, the Acting Administrator of the Drug Enforcement Administration places certain drug products that have been approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and which contain cannabidiol (CBD) in schedule V of the Controlled Substances Act (CSA). Specifically, this order places FDA-approved drugs that contain CBD derived from cannabis and no more than 0.1 percent tetrahydrocannabinols in schedule V. This action is required to satisfy the responsibility of the Acting Administrator under the CSA to place a drug in the schedule he deems most appropriate to carry out United States obligations under the Single Convention on Narcotic Drugs, 1961. Also consistent therewith, DEA is adding such drugs to the list of substances that may only be imported or exported pursuant to a permit.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 12:35:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Publication date on that was 9/18. The farm bill passed in December.

The best description I've seen that explains it:

One misconception regarding the Farm Bill is that cannabidiol is now fully legalized. While section 12619 of the Farm Bill removed hemp and hemp derived products from Schedule I of the Controlled Substances Act, the legislation does not legalize CBD generally. In general, CBD remains a Schedule I substance under federal law. The Farm Bill creates an exception to this Schedule I status under a specific set of circumstances. The Farm Bill guarantees that any cannabinoid that is derived from hemp will be legal, if AND only if: that hemp is produced in a manner consistent with the Farm Bill, associated federal regulations, state regulations, and by a licensed cultivator. All other cannabinoids, produced in any other setting, remain a Schedule I substance under federal law.

So, pretty much (like preban magazines during the ban) you have have two containers of CBD, one produced in a manner consistent with the farm bill and one that isn't. One will be legal and one won't.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 12:46:44 PM EDT
[#31]
I have a friend that vapes it because it tastes nasty .  Seems to help with chronic back pain.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 12:46:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

One misconception regarding the Farm Bill is that cannabidiol is now fully legalized. While section 12619 of the Farm Bill removed hemp and hemp derived products from Schedule I of the Controlled Substances Act, the legislation does not legalize CBD generally. In general, CBD remains a Schedule I substance under federal law. The Farm Bill creates an exception to this Schedule I status under a specific set of circumstances. The Farm Bill guarantees that any cannabinoid that is derived from hemp will be legal, if AND only if: that hemp is produced in a manner consistent with the Farm Bill, associated federal regulations, state regulations, and by a licensed cultivator. All other cannabinoids, produced in any other setting, remain a Schedule I substance under federal law.

So, pretty much (like preban magazines during the ban) you have have two containers of CBD, one produced in a manner consistent with the farm bill and one that isn't. One will be legal and one won't.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

In general, CBD remains a Schedule I substance under federal law. The Farm Bill creates an exception to this Schedule I status under a specific set of circumstances. The Farm Bill guarantees that any cannabinoid that is derived from hemp will be legal, if AND only if: that hemp is produced in a manner consistent with the Farm Bill, associated federal regulations, state regulations, and by a licensed cultivator.
An exemption to schedule 1 under specific circumstances. Basically you are limited to only FDA approved stuff right now or someone who is capable of proving they are in accordance with federal law.

What you are buying at the local bodega doesn't meet those criteria.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 1:04:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

An exemption to schedule 1 under specific circumstances. Basically you are limited to only FDA approved stuff right now or someone who is capable of proving they are in accordance with federal law.

What you are buying at the local bodega doesn't meet those criteria.
View Quote
I have to disagree there. There are plenty of growers that are licensed by starters that allow it. KY, for example, (and even my state of WV) has a federally approved hemp research program(s). Lots of the stuff that come sout of here finds its way to the “local bodega”.

Growing industrial hemp can be done fairly easily with some money and a (fair amount of financial risk).
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 1:09:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Considering I have not smoked pot for most all of my life because when I tried it back in the 60s, it caused my blood pressure to drop like a stone through the floor (did not know what it was at the time), it would not surprise me in the least if CDB helps to lower blood pressure. I bought some for a different reason, but no way in the world am I going to try it.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 1:10:03 PM EDT
[#35]
I’ve been taking a low dose CBD for about a month now.  
I’m going through a shitty divorce.
It’s helping with insomnia, anxiety, depression.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 1:12:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I have to disagree there. There are plenty of growers that are licensed by starters that allow it. KY, for example, (and even my state of WV) has a federally approved hemp research program(s). Lots of the stuff that come sout of here finds its way to the "local bodega".

Growing industrial hemp can be done fairly easily with some money and a (fair amount of financial risk).
View Quote
Frankly I don't care about the issue. I'm just pointing out that it looks like CBD is still firmly in a grey area. And I know how much GD loves to hate on dopers and people who lie on a 4473. Moderators of this forum even come on here and brag about arresting people for recreational marijuana.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 1:13:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 1:13:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Tried it on my really old dog for joint pain - he grew dreadlocks and barks with a Jamaican accent now

No real impact  going for snake oil
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 1:27:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Observed results from our patients.
Anxiety. Better than Xanax
Pain. Hit or miss. Works great as a lotion on the sore area. Works orally buts can take a lot.
Sleep. Its great
PTSD. It helps
It seems to help with most things but it is a great for inflammation and anxiety so that covers a huge area.

ETA I have read studies that showed 80% of the oil on the market is fake. I trust Thorne and CW Hemp at this point.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 2:02:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Pain. Hit or miss. Works great as a lotion on the sore area. Works orally buts can take a lot.
Sleep. Its great
PTSD. It helps
It seems to help with most things but it is a great for inflammation and anxiety so that covers a huge area.

ETA I have read studies that showed 80% of the oil on the market is fake. I trust Thorne and CW Hemp at this point.
View Quote
A lot of this.

Part of the bad rap that the natural/herbalist (hemp is an herb) industry gets is from the scams/counterfeits/watered-down/fakes (which includes those 'prescribing' the stuff). The CBD oil we get is $89/4oz bottle. The good stuff isn't cheap, nor is the advise.

Some of the stuff we get from our naturalistic doctor is "available" on Amazon, even though the company ONLY sells it through authorized naturalpathic doctors. The company bought several orders of it to test themselves, had contents sent to a lab. The label was faked (but exceedingly close; lot numbers never changed), and the capsules were filled with rice flour. That company has since switched to private labels for each authorized outlet to eliminate the issue.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 2:14:35 PM EDT
[#41]
I suppose once marijuana is legal on a federal level, it'd be easy to make yourself.  Grow a high CBD level strain, harvest and do a tincture of sorts with everclear.  Talk about quality, and 100% real deal.

Probably taste like ass, though.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 2:15:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Wife swears by it to lower anxiety and to sleep better
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 2:28:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Sleep. Its great
PTSD. It helps

View Quote
Anxiety - I don't think CBD is comparable with Xanax. CBD is subtle and subjective in this regard, while there's no doubt whether Xanax is working or not (I've taken it prior to and post surgery on several occasions). CBD might be more comparable with something like Passion Flower or Valerian Root. You'll definitely be functional on CBD which is the biggest benefit provided it works for you.

Pain - I take it for foot, knee, and back pain. It knocks my pain levels down by 50% and seems to have anti-inflammatory properties when taken regularly. After three surgeries in 2017 and rehabbing most of 2018 I credit CBD with getting me back in the gym, playing sports, etc. I've tried stopping it, but after a few days I'm in pain and grumpy again. (Tumeric curcumin is the other half of this equation for me. I use 500-1000mg of Doctor's Choice brand in place of Ibuprofen for acute pain).

Sleep - it doesn't get me to sleep on it's own even in high doses (100+ mg/day), but it makes other remedies more effective. I used to take 50mg Trazadone nightly for about 5 hours of sleep, but with CBD I can cut one in half and sleep for 8 hours uninterrupted. Most nights I can get by with taking CBD in combination with Valerian Root or Melatonin. It's a good improvement even if it's not a total cure.

PTSD - can't comment.

Oddly enough, Thorne doesn't make a product that claims to have CBD in it (or I completely missed it on their site). There are no 3rd party independent tests. They have a "hemp oil" product which is just like all the fakes on Amazon that hint about maybe, kinda, sorta having some CBD...but don't. CW is obviously good to go, but very expensive because of their reputation.

I've found Hemp Bombs and CBDistillery to be legit. Both provide independent lab tests and have a good selection. Hemp Bombs only deals in isolate products (0% THC) and CBDistillery offers both isolate and full spectrum products (and much lower prices). There are 10-15% off codes widely available for both.

ETA: I've vaped, tried pills, and finally settled on CBD oil. Vaping seems to work quickly but the effects don't last long, it irritates my throat, and I just don't like douche flutes. The pill form is "meh" in terms of effectiveness for me. Oil via dropper administered sublingually for one minute and then swallow seems to work the best for me.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 2:32:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Sleep like a god and gainzzz
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 3:07:03 PM EDT
[#45]
I've been using it for close to 2 yrs. It has a powerful bronchodilator in it, it helps asthma and COPD symptons greatly. I prefer it over albuterol as its longer lasting but it doesn't take effect
as quickly. I have a 40 yr old neck injury and was only able to turn my head to the right maybe 1/3 of the way. 4 months after starting using it I realized I could look over that shoulder
though there was tightness and some cracking and grinding noises. Its still the same with the tight feeling but no cracking and grinding. As my doctor had prescribed quite a few things for this
in the past she doesn't know what to think.
YMMV

Whatever you do don't buy the stuff on Amazon or other places that are labeled hemp oil/hemp extract. Its NOT CBD. Amazon doesn't sell any CBD. Look for 3rd party lab tests.

Just a few...
CBDistillery
Hempworx
Bluebird Botanicals
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 3:23:19 PM EDT
[#46]
I would be interested in learning more. Especially when it comes to anxiety
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 3:49:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Has anyone taken a drug test while using cbd oil?
View Quote
Took a test after using for 90days....Zip, Nada, nothing.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 5:59:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Took a test after using for 90days....Zip, Nada, nothing.
View Quote
Ok good to know. I’m guessing I should try the isolate one which has zero thc. Just to be safe.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 6:04:57 PM EDT
[#49]
I find the lack of peer-reviewed double-blind studies comparing CBD oil products with similar ones that don't contain CBD oil troubling.

I know people who pay close to $100 for a 2-ounce jar of CBD topical gunk that smells just like Vick's Vapo-Rub.  They insist that the CBD stuff works, but without a proper scientifically controlled study I remain unconvinced.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 6:12:27 PM EDT
[#50]
One of my friend's mom swore by it. She gave him some for his sore shoulder. He said it didn't do shit for him. So in this case, I'm going with placebo effect.

But, I will concede that who knows what kind of snake oil shit is for sale out there under the name of CBD oil.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top