BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 12:49:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What was your point?  That a hopped-up driver who just killed three people deserves a second chance at life?  Yeah, fuck that. Bad Narcan usage.
View Quote
no my point was it was completely the dumbasses fault and not the drugs.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 12:50:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote
Back-peddling.  Typical liberal tactic.  We all know you're pro baby murder.   Don't try to deny it.   Sorry your girl lost.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 12:52:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Back-peddling.  Typical liberal tactic.  We all know you're pro baby murder.   Don't try to deny it.   Sorry your girl lost.
View Quote

busted
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 12:53:41 AM EDT
[#4]
The use of narcan to resuscitate an illicit drug user ought to carry a 6-month jail sentence and a $10,000 fine.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 12:54:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
They need to outlaw narcan. I'm sick of these fucks wasting tax dollars
View Quote
What happens when a first responder accidentaly ingests some on scene? Banning things is never the answer.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 12:55:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The use of narcan to resuscitate an illicit drug user ought to carry a 6-month jail sentence and a $10,000 fine.
View Quote
Yay, more laws!

I'm sure requiring emergency medical personnel to make snap judgement (on pain of jail and massive fine) about which dying patients deserve emergency care will have no adverse consequences at all.

Conservatism!  Ideas so awesome they have to be mandatory!  Just like liberalism!
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 12:57:02 AM EDT
[#7]
FPNI
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 12:57:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

What happens when a first responder accidentaly ingests some on scene? Banning things is never the answer.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 1:05:43 AM EDT
[#9]
They need to make Narcan Unavailable. If a druggie dies, so what. I have a druggie brother, if he dies, so what. He already ruined his life to the point that he should die, cus he is a fucking POS of Society now. May a Thousand Fucks be upon him, and hope he OD's again without Narcan around.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 1:14:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Now, if only the state would put this guy away for life or
at the very least make sure he never drives again BUT
instead he'll be out in no time and driving, no problem.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 1:23:51 AM EDT
[#11]
I had to google what a narcan was

Tragic

Piece of shit should be roasted in a Brazen bull.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 1:25:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
"Sorry, couldn't find a vein."
View Quote
It's an intranasal drug, unfortunately.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 1:39:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Yay, more laws!

I'm sure requiring emergency medical personnel to make snap judgement (on pain of jail and massive fine) about which dying patients deserve emergency care will have no adverse consequences at all.

Conservatism!  Ideas so awesome they have to be mandatory!  Just like liberalism!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yay, more laws!

Do you work in an ER? I work in an ER, and ALL of my coworkers (that have voiced an opinion) believe that using narcan on illicit drug users is a waste of their time.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 1:42:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I really doubt he actually cares.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Now he gets to live with the fact he killed innocent people. I bet he'd rather be dead
I really doubt he actually cares.
He doesn't.  He'll only care about where he's going to get his next dose of heroin hoping it'll get him back in the Nexxus.  Yeah, I used a Star Trek-ism.  Only thing that comes close to describing where they think it'll take them.  My brother was a heroin addict.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 1:47:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

busted
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

busted
I understood you and concur.  He had a choice to use or not use; he chose poorly.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 2:57:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
We should make drugs illegal.
View Quote
For the chirrens.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 3:23:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Really?  Blame the drug?  I'm sure some people got shot and killed somewhere today.  Lets blame the guns instead of the dumbasses
View Quote
Bad analogy.

Ending the use of narcan for ODs is more like ending heroic measures to save people who shoot themselves playing Russian roulette. Nobody is saying that revolvers should be outlawed to stop the idiots from killing themselves.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 3:29:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Sure.  Make your point then.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not the same, but nice try.
Sure.  Make your point then.
His point is the opioids didn't magic themselves into the drug users body.

If someone dies from an inteltional massive dose of a drug, I have little sympathy.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 3:33:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Yay, more laws!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yay, more laws!

I can make it a Libertarian idea:

If someone doesn't have the $5,000 in their wallet to cover the EMT call, ambulance ride and hospital visit, they should not be administered narcan for an overdose on the basis of high risk the services will never be paid for.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 3:40:17 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Now he gets to live with the fact he killed innocent people. I bet he'd rather be dead
View Quote
Now thats funny.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 3:40:38 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What was your point?  That a hopped-up driver who just killed three people deserves a second chance at life?  Yeah, fuck that. Bad Narcan usage.
He didn't say ban opioids because the driver crashed.  That would have made your analogy somewhat, well, analogous.   As it stands, your point was no one where to be found.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 3:48:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Narcan should only be legal for use in botched anesthesia and accidental exposure (for instance a police officer gets exposed to fentanyl while working an arrest)

It should be illegal to administer narcan to illegal drug use OD's.

Stupid should hurt.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 4:00:50 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
Maybe.  But only until his next high.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 4:04:11 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Rarely does Narcan solve a problem Darwin could not have solved better.
View Quote
Word.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 7:07:41 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 7:13:17 AM EDT
[#26]
Junkies like that should get life in prison. When my daughters were 4, 9, and 11 they were staying with my ex wife at her aunts house(she absconded with them). Anyway, there was a teenage cousin living there and her junkie boyfriend would leave used needles in the yard where the kids would play. Luckily he OD’d so I didn’t have to kill him when I heard about it.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 7:49:05 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Really? I assumed it was administered IV.  . Shows what I know...
View Quote
It can be but often given intra-nasal (in your nose)
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 7:52:55 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
How is what he did any different than any other DUI?  Oh snap it is not.  So stop blaming what they are using unless you' want GD full of "Budweiser killed another one"  "Johnny Black turned the streets red" threads.
Drugs are drugs

ETA: I do not drink, and I gave up Skoal a while back.  Clean living bitches
View Quote
Well except alcohol is legal and when used in moderation and responsibly it doesn’t cause issues. Heroin is illegal and there is not moderation or responsible use. You could argue morphine and all it’s dirivatives and synthetics have medical uses there is no such thing for heroin.

Nice try though.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 8:19:32 AM EDT
[#29]
Another piece of shit druggie shit stain exercising his freedom to use and acting responsibly, while costing society nothing.........oh wait,  this is a real world story and not a fairy tale.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 8:21:08 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote
I bet he doesn't give a shit for his victims.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 8:27:02 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
It should be for kids, accidental exposures, and first responders IMHO.
View Quote
QFT
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 8:27:12 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

He didn't say ban opioids because the driver crashed.  That would have made your analogy somewhat, well, analogous.   As it stands, your point was no one where to be found.  
View Quote
Still didnt read it all I see.  Skim back through.  He said "no opioids apologists yet." Which is the one I quoted and responded to.  No mention of Narcan had been made.

By saying "no opioid apologists yet"  you can draw the conclusion he was saying "the drugs did this" and not just the asshole who went out and got fucked up and did it.  Same thing with drunk drivers.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 8:28:09 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
No opioid apologists yet?
View Quote
What does that mean?

The people posting that they no longer get the medicine they need for their injured and sometimes dying family members, are they "opiopd apologists"?

I keep my Tylenol 3 in the gun safe, because I never knnow when it's going to hop in the car and run over people
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 8:31:22 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Thats not how narcan works
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Sorry, couldn't find a vein."
Thats not how narcan works
That's not how any of this works, but that ain't stopping anyone from sharing their ill-formed, illogical, and inconsistent opinions.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 8:35:02 AM EDT
[#35]
Sad.

I do not miss dealing with shortages and urgent meetings about the opiod problem.

As others can attest to.  We had units running to calls and finding entire families tripping.   Had calls where one of the fam members is Code 4, we revived them only to return a week later for the same stinking thing....darwin club

It has gotten beyond ridiculous.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 8:38:45 AM EDT
[#36]
I grew up in Vernon. Nice town, too many retards though. I agree, Narcan needs to be banned. Fuck that piece of shit.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 8:48:30 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yep.  At my department that I volunteer at it is up to the paramedic whether it is administered.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 8:52:47 AM EDT
[#38]
Doctors work to snuff out the life of unborn, innocent babies while EMS/PD work to save wasted fools.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 8:52:50 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
We're out of Narcan.  I'll order some tomorrow.
View Quote
Bingo
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 8:53:42 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
They need to outlaw narcan. I'm sick of these fucks wasting tax dollars
View Quote
Not all drug users are worthless junkies. You're fortunate if a death from an overdose hasn't hit you directly and personally.

This was very unfortunate. Saving his life will make him have to live with what he did and let's hope his story will help others sober up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_deaths_from_drug_overdose_and_intoxication

Link Posted: 2/20/2019 9:03:25 AM EDT
[#41]
Gas Station Attendant....fucking New Jersey.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 9:07:12 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote
I hear ya, but the legal ramifications of that would be like a lotto for every Junkies family.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 9:09:50 AM EDT
[#43]
Driver is from next town from me
I think it’s a preview of legal weed in nj and the car crashes as a result
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 9:11:03 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote
Maybe once he cleans up, probably doesn't care right now
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 9:13:59 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Fuck narcan, let's start making a grassroots push to ban narcan at the state level the way gun laws are being pushed through at the state level.
View Quote
I like this. Piss test that is negative, permit, background check... at renewal you need another clean piss.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 9:19:17 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yep, New Jersey's fucked up gas pumping laws added an extra death to the scene.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 9:19:17 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yep, New Jersey's fucked up gas pumping laws added an extra death to the scene.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 9:26:30 AM EDT
[#48]
I'd like to see the stats on people that have been given one dose of narcan and never had another issue. I know around me, the cops that I know all say that they are all repeat offenders. I know of one person that has had narcan like four or five times last I heard. Just let the moron die. First time, maybe everyone makes mistakes. But after that that person is making a decision to OD. Why are we wasting time and resources "rescuing" that person again and again. For every one person that changes their life and doesn't do drugs ever again there are 100 that just continue to use and continue to be a drag on society.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 9:29:10 AM EDT
[#49]
We need a Martin Shkreli type character out there to buy the rights to Narcan and then jack up the price to make it so governments won't give it away for free.

Or...group buy, anyone?
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 9:31:31 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
No opioid apologists yet?
View Quote
Do you blame the gun after a shooting??? What an ignorant thing to say. Some people need opioids to make it through the day. If you need to be revived with narcan, there MAY be an abuse problem, just a thought.

Oh and btw, according to this, nj has some of the most stringent opioid laws in the nation https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.connerstrong.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/New-Opioid-Law-Signed-in-NJ.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwik3ZfjtMrgAhWmiOAKHbfgCfEQFjADegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw16Ar-wSIxINVDlE6y4D9ra

So somehow, even though initial prescriptions are limited to 5 days, this guy managed to get high enough to wipe out 3 people. Oh that's right, he's a junkie and still found a way. Probably involved heroin or illicit fentanyl, but fuck it, let's just call it part of the prescription pills epidemic. That's what the gov does.

Anyway, he shouldn't be charged with manslaughter, should be upgraded to murder x 3. The totality of the circumstances show that he probably didn't just take a pain pill for his back and made a run to the store to pick up dinner. He knowingly shot up and decided to go for a drive. Let people be free until they harm someone else, and then throw the book at them.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top