BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 12:49:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No, Prometheus massively sucked for the same reason.  Yes, many people ate it up because they were starved for good Sci Fi and Ridley fucking Scott, but it sucked.

Allegedly "smart" scientists doing the stupidest things ever to break procedure and protocols. Taking off helmets, bringing contaminated items and people onboard, I can't even remember all the stupid shit they did which led to the cascading cluster fuck of bad things happening, but here's a video that covers it pretty well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x1YuvUQFJ0
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Given that Prometheus is one of the greatest sci-fi films of all time, I would not give Triple Frontier that high praise.
No, Prometheus massively sucked for the same reason.  Yes, many people ate it up because they were starved for good Sci Fi and Ridley fucking Scott, but it sucked.

Allegedly "smart" scientists doing the stupidest things ever to break procedure and protocols. Taking off helmets, bringing contaminated items and people onboard, I can't even remember all the stupid shit they did which led to the cascading cluster fuck of bad things happening, but here's a video that covers it pretty well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x1YuvUQFJ0
The music, the imagery, the dark topics, the action, and the character development all overshadowed anything wrong.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 1:05:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Watched last night, figured I’d find a thread about it iin GD.

Thought it was a good movie. Could you poke holes in the plot, sure. It’s an action movie, not a documentary...and it hit close enough to accurate for my non movie critic tastes
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 1:20:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Does Hollywood never tire of this hackneyed meme?

Jesus, another movie about a rogue group of FBI/Special Forces/CIA/DEA/whatever operatives robbing the Mexican/Colombian/whatever cartels.

Hard drinking nifty guys at loose ends, choppers, machine guns, exploding things, and a fallen angel with a heart of gold and big boobs who betrays the cartel for love.

Yawn.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 1:41:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Prometheus is one of the greatest sci-fi films of all time
View Quote
You are high as the Andes.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 1:43:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Who here hasnt thought of being a part of a rip crew.
View Quote
"Lets rip off drug dealers" is a pretty standard fire team bullshitting topic.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 1:51:09 PM EDT
[#6]
The helicopter stuff killed it for me. ‘We are over weight’ ... but but money.... ‘okay cool we will fly’ .... gets into high altitude .... ‘we are over weight’.... ‘gearbox failure... wtf... a gearbox failure... that’s not how any of this works.

Good work on the eotech though...
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 1:54:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Jesus, another movie about a rogue group of FBI/Special Forces/CIA/DEA/whatever operatives robbing the Mexican/Colombian/whatever cartels.

Hard drinking nifty guys at loose ends, choppers, machine guns, exploding things, and a fallen angel with a heart of gold and big boobs who betrays the cartel for love.

Yawn.
View Quote
It’s meant to be a fun movie, not Casablanca.

Also, it’s a Trope, not a Meme.

Newb.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 1:57:59 PM EDT
[#8]
I wonder how many times this actually happened.

Perhaps not 10’s of millions but a few hundred thousand, taken from criminals.

I liked the movie.

Far from perfect, but it was better than I expected.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 4:00:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yawn.
View Quote
Spot-Fuckin'-On review, lol.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 8:36:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Thought it kinda sucked.

Started fast forwarding parts after the first hour.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 5:10:21 AM EDT
[#11]
I thought this movie was fantastic! Really enjoyed every bit of it.
How can you not like a movie that opens and closes with Metallica?
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 5:42:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
That is a good reason not to like it(I saw their And Justice For All concert twice, I like Metallica).
Putting in popular music to make up for bad everything else seems to be a big thing these days with movies(Atomic Blond, Ready Player One for example).
"Hey our movie was mediocre but lets put some Pantera, Metallica and CCR in where it doesn't even really fit so people think it's good."
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 6:38:01 AM EDT
[#13]
I thought it was a good use of the time, nothing crazy exciting but good enough to watch on a lazy weekend.

I bet we hear more and more good music in movies as stuff becomes public, which is I think 25 or 30 years.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 6:44:26 AM EDT
[#14]
It was worth a watch. Ben Affleck is a lazy POS.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 7:00:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Worth a watch.

Typical movie, suspension of disbelief is required. Like most Netflix movies, this one could have been better, but it just misses the mark. At least there was no kick ass gurl power character.

I was entertained that's all that matters.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 7:06:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Well they had the wrong grip screws in that Beretta and they didn't tell me when they ate or shit tactically or the beards weren't near operator/ZZ Top enough but......it was okay.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 7:14:17 AM EDT
[#17]
As a movie it was horrendous.  As a time waster for our demographic it was fine.

Maknly the plot just fell off a cliff at the end.

They went for money and then had a fight.... Over money.

Killed afflek way too easy and with no payoff.

All the money to his next of kin again betrayed their initial decision to go.

I would've sat through another hour to finish the plot better.

Above average direct action, decent tactics portrayal, good casting... Just feels like the writers gave up at the mule scene and some senior Netflix persons secretary took over at the money fire scene and onward just to get the script done by a certain date.

I was bothered by the lack of NOD and suppressors, it was like an itch i couldn't scratch.  Annoying and never went away.  They managed comms so well, but outfitted the actors so wrong.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 7:56:43 AM EDT
[#18]
Watched it over the weekend. Not bad at all, I liked it.  The soundtrack was great!
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 12:10:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I was bothered by the lack of NOD and suppressors, it was like an itch i couldn't scratch.  Annoying and never went away.  They managed comms so well, but outfitted the actors so wrong.
View Quote
Again, the lack of NVG's and suppressors is one of the few things which made sense in the movie's plot. They had to source stuff locally and on the QT. I can't imagine there are very many NVG's and suppressors floating around the black market in Colombia, and, those that do find their way onto the black market are quickly scooped up by drug lords.

The guy acquiring the stuff for the mission would have had to get them through very limited ways: 1) steal them from the cops he was advising, 2) buy them from the cops he was advising, 2) buy them from the drug lord he was trying to rip off, or, 4) compete against the drug lord to purchase them on the black market. Any of those methods would have attracted unwanted attention from either the Federal police, the drug lord, or both.

You can't complain about the plot straying too far from reality and then wish they'd have strayed further from reality. The reality is, it has to be much easier to find and buy an AK or M-4 than it is to get hold of PVS-14's on the Colombian black market.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 12:27:10 PM EDT
[#20]
I thought it was OK, I wish they had resolved the ending better.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 12:47:04 PM EDT
[#21]
I watched this steaming pile.

So much bad planning and execution from so-called "professionals" was less than laughable.

Just like in Heat, if you steal hundreds of pounds of cash you hide it nearby and come back when nobody is looking.

The ONLY thing they got right was the Eotech sight, I nearly freaked to see the first realistic reticle in a movie in my whole fucking life.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 12:49:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I watched this steaming pile.

So much bad planning and execution from so-called "professionals" was less than laughable.

Just like in Heat, if you steal hundreds of pounds of cash you hide it nearby and come back when nobody is looking.

The ONLY thing they got right was the Eotech sight, I nearly freaked to see the first realistic reticle in a movie in my whole fucking life.
View Quote
Except for the magnification it was spot on. Really surprising to me too!
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 1:02:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Pretty good, the plot reminded me a lot of High Risk, except those guys were not ex special forces.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 1:03:40 PM EDT
[#24]
I thought I would like it more than I did.

The speech at the very beginning...who talks like that?

Soundtrack was good though. Seems most of the weapons stuff was good as well.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 1:05:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Its was just ok.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 1:06:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Again, the lack of NVG's and suppressors is one of the few things which made sense in the movie's plot. They had to source stuff locally and on the QT. I can't imagine there are very many NVG's and suppressors floating around the black market in Colombia, and, those that do find their way onto the black market are quickly scooped up by drug lords.

The guy acquiring the stuff for the mission would have had to get them through very limited ways: 1) steal them from the cops he was advising, 2) buy them from the cops he was advising, 2) buy them from the drug lord he was trying to rip off, or, 4) compete against the drug lord to purchase them on the black market. Any of those methods would have attracted unwanted attention from either the Federal police, the drug lord, or both.

You can't complain about the plot straying too far from reality and then wish they'd have strayed further from reality. The reality is, it has to be much easier to find and buy an AK or M-4 than it is to get hold of PVS-14's on the Colombian black market.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We can all agree that PVS-14's are available there, so really, if they are a fungible commodity, buy some anywhere and bring them in.  It's not hard.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 1:09:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Test
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 1:16:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Thought it kinda sucked.

Started fast forwarding parts after the first hour.
View Quote
This. Trailer looked a lot better than the movie was.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 1:32:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Well they had the wrong grip screws in that Beretta and they didn't tell me when they ate or shit tactically or the beards weren't near operator/ZZ Top enough but......it was okay.
View Quote
I don't care that I don't see them eat.  But when you split 100 bags between five guys, how many is each one carrying?  How much water will you consume on a five day mountain hike?  How many calories will you burn?  How much food did you have on the helicopter?

It would have made more sense if they dumped most the money at the same time they dumped the pack animals.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 1:41:23 PM EDT
[#30]
The story just became entirely uninteresting once they got the money and fled the cartel house. From the helo crash to the final credits was just lame and not entertaining.

I signed up for Netflix a few months ago to watch Narcos. Loved that. But every other Netflix original I’ve watched has been disappointing. I’ll probably cancel my subscription until a new season of Narcos is out.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 2:27:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
The story just became entirely uninteresting once they got the money and fled the cartel house. From the helo crash to the final credits was just lame and not entertaining.

I signed up for Netflix a few months ago to watch Narcos. Loved that. But every other Netflix original I’ve watched has been disappointing. I’ll probably cancel my subscription until a new season of Narcos is out.
View Quote
Watch Love, Death, and Robots before you pull the plug.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 2:33:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Meh...
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 2:38:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Who wasted more time? This OP dupe or the dupe police?
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 2:50:41 PM EDT
[#34]
If I was a hollywood movie producing sexual predator, I would make a movie with all my AKs take AR mags.

but the characters will constantly refer to acquiring 7.62x39.

but they would say it "seven point sixty two ex thirtynine a r shells"

then I would come to this website and laugh at all the indignation.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 3:12:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
If I was a hollywood movie producing sexual predator, I would make a movie with all my AKs take AR mags.

but the characters will constantly refer to acquiring 7.62x39.

but they would say it "seven point sixty two ex thirtynine a r shells"

then I would come to this website and laugh at all the indignation.
View Quote
Don't forget Teflon coated bullets that are designed to penetrate body armor but only wound so the other troops around him have to drag him to safety.  And grenades that will blow a Bradley 20 feet in the air.

And the plot will be a group of women who actually qualified to be Navy SEALS, but were denied the ability to serve due to a crooked admiral.  They will then find out the admiral was paid millions by the Republican National Committee to fail them so President Trump could get rid of all the women in the military.  They will find a grizzled former SEAL who was betrayed by Trump and left to die to help train them for the mission.  Kind of a League of Their Own meets GI Jane meets Vice meets All the Benjamins.

GD demands this type of accuracy in its movies.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 3:14:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 3:17:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
That is a good reason not to like it(I saw their And Justice For All concert twice, I like Metallica).
Putting in popular music to make up for bad everything else seems to be a big thing these days with movies(Atomic Blond, Ready Player One for example).
"Hey our movie was mediocre but lets put some Pantera, Metallica and CCR in where it doesn't even really fit so people think it's good."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

CCR goes with everything. And it was something other than Fortunate Son, for once.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 3:19:49 PM EDT
[#38]
You could not stash half the money and come back later? Answer, YES.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 3:20:47 PM EDT
[#39]
didnt like it.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 3:28:59 PM EDT
[#40]
I liked it, several actors I recognized, neat story and story line. Well acted, directed, filmed, great scenery in the Andes if that was the Andes. Actually I am surprised that no one has actually done that yet, the story line.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 3:44:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Is Affleck like Nicholas Cage and really needs the money? Because this wasn't a good film. The straight to Netflix should have clued me in.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 3:51:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
The straight to Netflix should have clued me in.
View Quote
I'm thinking you don't understand how Netflix original movies work.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 4:23:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Wasn't bad, but I would have done something different with the money for the return trip after things calmed down. They did set it up for a sequel though.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 4:48:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
It feels silly going into the minutea of this one off, but here goes.

He had years to collect the arsenal, in his own words.  That box container was huge and insanely well stocked.  Belt feds, etc. He had time to get it all.   The consultants Netflix hired did almost everything right.  Almost.

Can't take screen shots, but remember this place?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 5:39:43 PM EDT
[#45]
fucking sucked

master planner doesn't have a backup plan, when original plan falls apart they make retarded decisions.

once they decided to "take it all", they should have ambushed the RTB vans, used them to drive out and had time.

They could have hidden half the money flown witt the rest, come back later for the real fuck you money
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 5:43:19 PM EDT
[#46]
This movie was bad ass, best new movie I've seen in a while
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 5:55:46 PM EDT
[#47]
How were they planning to launder the cash?
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 5:59:02 PM EDT
[#48]
The movie sucked......  But I didn't have anything better to watch on a Sunday night.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 6:02:49 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote
Based upon the stunning plot and well thought out details of the heist, I’d guess at a laundromat.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 6:07:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote
Off shore accounts/shell company that sent them regular paychecks/bonuses per Santiago
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top