Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 2:28:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Awesome fucking movie, I loved it! And it just so happened that I watched Treasure of Sierra Madre before it, holy fuck! This movie was basically a 21st century remake of it! Always remember, DON'T GET GREEDY!
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 2:57:49 AM EDT
[#2]
I enjoyed it.  I thought from the trailer it would of been better but still pretty decent imo.
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 2:59:33 AM EDT
[#3]
I was entertained.

Link Posted: 3/15/2019 3:49:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Terrible movie.

Swollen Batman was playing himself as a divorced broke chubby drunk, even the wife said "that's probably the truck he actually drives now" in the first scene with it. When they pitched the idea to him and he turned and walked away and said something like "I gotta think about it" I thought he was going to follow up with "I'm gonna call Matt Damon and see if he's onboard"

Tactics and decision making was based on Rick's leadership strategies from The Walking Dead

Tactical reload was so clumsy the guy should've had his tongue sticking out a bit in concentration

Eotech reticle was correct but showed as a magnified window so still a fail

Should've stuck with the landcruiser instead of the chopper

Completely avoidable chopper crash that the pilot had already ran the numbers on and predicted, and which had several workarounds

Chopper drop on the gearbox malf was hilarious in a cartoony way.

No supplies evident during their trek on foot

Orange rain jacket

Eventual cash on table was far more than they were carrying in their day packs; unless they had stashed it in Batman's arse after it was reamed open by Peppermint in the divorce

They all signed away all the cash then stood outside wondering how they were going to get back to the US
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 10:26:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm taking my million and it's hooker and blow time. The rest I'd spend foolishly.
View Quote
I like where your head is at.
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 10:39:54 AM EDT
[#6]
You know, it's possible Affleck was reduced in rank.  He was "forced to retire" at 20 and a redu in rank would force him out.  Wasn't Charlie Hunnam identified as a "Capt" at the start of the film?  If Affleck was a Maj or LtCol, it would all fit together.  Especially if he was a mustang.

The movie was ok, not the best but not the worst.  I thought the money in the walls was fucking stupid.  This ain't Thunderbolt & Lightfoot.  And not killing the guards was just .  They're fucking narcos, they deserve to die along with their jefe.

I had a lot of probs with the movie but, remember, Kathryn Bigelow of Hurt Locker fame was involved so there was bound to be a lot of assfuckery and stupidness.
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 3:28:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Just finished it, it was...meh...

I guess I can say I was entertained for two hours
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 3:36:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Fairly entertaining compared to most of the other choices on Netflix or Prime.  Afflek looks fat and out of shape,  I guess he didn’t have to prepare for that part.
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 5:24:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Fairly entertaining compared to most of the other choices on Netflix or Prime.  Afflek looks fat and out of shape,  I guess he didn’t have to prepare for that part.
View Quote
Interestingly enough, they film tells us that Affleck is the most essential team member as only he can plan the entire mission. Hell, one team members decision on whether or not to partake in the mission depends solely on Affleck being on board.

Turns out Affleck is a totally mediocre leader who’s judgement goes out the window once he smells money.
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 5:57:41 PM EDT
[#10]
wasnt great... wasnt believable to me.
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 8:29:43 PM EDT
[#11]
I cared more about the donkey than any of the characters.

Movie blows. I'm disappointed.
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 8:40:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Looks good.  I will give it a go.  Netflix produced movies are getting better every year.
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 11:03:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I cared more about the donkey than any of the characters.
View Quote
My wife was pretty upset about the donkey.
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 11:07:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Not bad, kinda seemed like the writer changed their minds about halfway through the movie.
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 4:37:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Click To View Spoiler
View Quote
check out his death scene in smoking aces...fucking hilarious.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 12:15:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Giant Meh from me. Should have been much better
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 12:20:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Giant Meh from me. Should have been much better
View Quote
I agree.  I doubt I'll ever watch it again.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 12:28:50 AM EDT
[#18]
I liked it.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 2:43:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Saw it this afternoon, it's a good movie.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 2:53:39 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

There is about 10% in spanish.
View Quote
Every Netflix show has damn subtitles now....irritating as shit
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 3:27:29 AM EDT
[#21]
I liked it but man they did not make to many smart decision and the leader got greedy. I thought it odd the could not source uniforms in country [ camo].
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 4:42:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Was one guy wearing an interceptor vest?

The scene where they are all cold yet jackets don’t get zipped up, hoods are left down etc.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 5:46:18 AM EDT
[#23]
I don't understand......or maybe I don't believe/buy the greed that was their downfall. A few bags per guy and they would be set for life.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 8:38:59 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I don't understand......or maybe I don't believe/buy the greed that was their downfall. A few bags per guy and they would be set for life.
View Quote
Not really, if you count the weight of real money.

Each $1M weighs 22 lbs if it's in $100 dollar bills.  Assume each can carry $2M on their back, 45 lbs each (the weight of five gallons of water in a MWC) - over the Andes - I wouldn't call that "set for life".  Especially since they're money people were taking their cut for profit and admin costs.

Having said that the best course of action, as mentioned above, would be to deliberately set the cargo net on the ground prior to peak of the range and return later for it.  What $$$ they had inside the chopper would have been more than enough to rent a better and/or bigger machine (read:  Not Russian) and return later.

http://1000000-euro.de/how-much-does-a-million-dollars-weigh/index.php#weigh-dollar
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 8:54:14 AM EDT
[#25]
Needed a better story. Entirely predictable.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 9:06:11 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Each $1M weighs 22 lbs if it's in $100 dollar bills.  Assume each can carry $2M on their back, 45 lbs each (the weight of five gallons of water in a MWC) - over the Andes - I wouldn't call that "set for life".  Especially since they're money people were taking their cut for profit and admin costs.

Having said that the best course of action, as mentioned above, would be to deliberately set the cargo net on the ground prior to peak of the range and return later for it.  What $$$ they had inside the chopper would have been more than enough to rent a better and/or bigger machine (read:  Not Russian) and return later.

http://1000000-euro.de/how-much-does-a-million-dollars-weigh/index.php#weigh-dollar
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

SPOILER

No, they had a van and a chopper and a boat. They didn't have to carry shit on their back.
They didn't need to waste time outside of their plan to pack the van full to the top which cost them running into guards and family returning.

Then at the chopper they knew they were too overweight to cross the peaks but insisted on taking all 250 million anyway.

Then when trying to cross the peaks they toss a few bags from the cargo hold rather than all on them(while still retaining the net full).

Had they just gotten a few bags for each guy on the team, and a few for the girl, a few for payoffs for the chopper and boat, the problems wouldn't have happened and they WOULD be set for life. If a few million lump sum doesn't set you up for life at age 40 you need to get a handle on your ridiculous spending.

Obviously the movie would have been too short had they only taken 125 million, but they would have succeeded without any issues as they would have time to escape and enough cargo capacity, the two key problems that fucked them.

Seems hard to believe cool, experienced operators would shitcan their plan for waaay more money than they were expecting just to get an enormously large  amount more than they could spend in a lifetime.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 9:06:57 AM EDT
[#27]
Watched it last week, it kept me entertained for a few hours.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 9:11:25 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Terrible movie.

Swollen Batman was playing himself as a divorced broke chubby drunk, even the wife said "that's probably the truck he actually drives now" in the first scene with it. When they pitched the idea to him and he turned and walked away and said something like "I gotta think about it" I thought he was going to follow up with "I'm gonna call Matt Damon and see if he's onboard"

Tactics and decision making was based on Rick's leadership strategies from The Walking Dead

Tactical reload was so clumsy the guy should've had his tongue sticking out a bit in concentration

Completely avoidable chopper crash that the pilot had already ran the numbers on and predicted, and which had several workarounds

Orange rain jacket

Eventual cash on table was far more than they were carrying in their day packs; unless they had stashed it in Batman's arse after it was reamed open by Peppermint in the divorce

They all signed away all the cash then stood outside wondering how they were going to get back to the US
View Quote
Ditto, the lady and I found it painful to watch.  As a matter of fact, she didn't even finish watching it.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 9:17:54 AM EDT
[#29]
I stopped after the 40mm went through the window with hellfire like effect.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 9:20:59 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Uncommon Valor also a wee bit.
View Quote
Please don't compare this movie to the cinematic masterpiece that is Uncommon Valor...
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 10:44:14 AM EDT
[#31]
I'll allow there were some decent action scenes and great location.

BUT.... This was the Prometheus of Narco Lord heist movies.

People that know better making every possible wrong decision even though they knew better and pretty much brought everything that went wrong down on themselves because they made really stupid decision even though they knew better.

Observant observer: You said they knew better 3 times.
Droid: Yeah, they really knew better.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 10:52:03 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I stopped after the 40mm went through the window with hellfire like effect.
View Quote
Oh come on, the place could have been full of ether fumes, that woulda caused that explosion!
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 10:52:45 AM EDT
[#33]
Couldn’t finish it. It’s really bad
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 11:14:31 AM EDT
[#34]
I'm still trying to figure out what they ate and drank for five days at high altitude while they carried twenty bags each....
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 11:23:04 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I'm still trying to figure out what they ate and drank for five days at high altitude while they carried twenty bags each....
View Quote
Bugs, each others urine, and other SERE shit.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 11:42:51 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I'll allow there were some decent action scenes and great location.

BUT.... This was the Prometheus of Narco Lord heist movies.
View Quote
Given that Prometheus is one of the greatest sci-fi films of all time, I would not give Triple Frontier that high praise.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 11:55:11 AM EDT
[#37]
Tag.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 12:01:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Given that Prometheus is one of the greatest sci-fi films of all time, I would not give Triple Frontier that high praise.
View Quote
No, Prometheus massively sucked for the same reason.  Yes, many people ate it up because they were starved for good Sci Fi and Ridley fucking Scott, but it sucked.

Allegedly "smart" scientists doing the stupidest things ever to break procedure and protocols. Taking off helmets, bringing contaminated items and people onboard, I can't even remember all the stupid shit they did which led to the cascading cluster fuck of bad things happening, but here's a video that covers it pretty well.

Red Letter Media talks about Prometheus - SPOILERS
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 12:07:33 PM EDT
[#39]
I thought it was kinda dumb. Up in the mountains, no water, food, cold. Yet they all looked fine, except Ben. 5/10
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 12:07:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Movie was garbage!
View Quote
That's what I thought.

5 days without food/water through the Andes?
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 12:11:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Terrible movie.

Orange rain jacket

View Quote
So many ridiculous moments that I turned it off after the predictable infighting began to heat up when the chopper went down. But give me a break, no suppressors? Yeah okay. And they can't find a guy that is likely armed and dangerous inside a house so they all just give up and start digging through the wall gleefully?  The movie had potential but it was fucking ridiculous.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 12:11:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Watched it this morning and thought it was OK. It did have some WTF moments, though.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 12:12:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Interestingly enough, they film tells us that Affleck is the most essential team member as only he can plan the entire mission. Hell, one team members decision on whether or not to partake in the mission depends solely on Affleck being on board.

Turns out Affleck is a totally mediocre leader who’s judgement goes out the window once he smells money.
View Quote
Excellent point.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 12:15:45 PM EDT
[#44]
poor donkey

it was meh
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 12:17:11 PM EDT
[#45]
A little slow in spots, but it was entertaining.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 12:19:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Why didnt they calculate the weight with everyone aboard,and how much weight in money,gear,etc to go over the mountains before they started the raid?

Hey we grabbed too much money,lets stash the extra and fly away. Come back and get the rest later on.

All those rifles to pick from and the one guy grabs an under folder AK?

Link Posted: 3/17/2019 12:28:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Its was entertaining.

Come on guys.

Who here hasnt thought of being a part of a rip crew.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 12:30:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Why didnt they calculate the weight with everyone aboard,and how much weight in money,gear,etc to go over the mountains before they started the raid?

Hey we grabbed too much money,lets stash the extra and fly away. Come back and get the rest later on.

All those rifles to pick from and the one guy grabs an under folder AK?

View Quote
The pilot did, he knew they were overweight but greed got the best of them and they went for it anyway.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 12:39:24 PM EDT
[#49]
I saw it last night.  I was entertained and less incredulous than some of the reviewers here.  My Active military ended over twenty years ago, so I am a little behind the times when it comes to Infantry squad weapons and equipment.  I am pre ACOG and helmet mounted night vision.  I think they did a very good job of outfitting themselves with what they could considering their resources.  As many already stated, this group of men understood before the heist the possibilities;  1.  They acknowledged the illegality of the action as well as knowingly violating every oath they took in the past.  I am assuming that oath being the one we take whether enlisting or accepting a commission.  2.  They also acknowledged their lack of supplies and resources to do this.  The characters all talked about this during the scene in the conex container.

I am curious as to why the helicopter pilot chose an AKM with folding stock.  He was also the guy they used as over-watch during the post crash fiasco in the cocaine farm.  How did all those guys just spring back too life after the crash?  There should have been some concussions and probably broken bones after the crash.  I agree with everyone else here on the bad decision to knowingly attempt a crossing of the Andes in an overloaded MI 17.  I think more than one of the characters at the airport said something about the helicopters capabilities.  The pilot said something to the effect that even though the weight of the cash was within the specs to be carried by that helicopter would be good as long as they did not go past 9000 feet.  One more thing I am wondering about is the ability to fly an MI 17.  Did this former Warrant Officer Army pilot know how or even flew any hours in this aircraft?  If not, he sure seemed to understand how to work it while flying in extreme conditions.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 12:44:23 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I saw it last night.  I was entertained and less incredulous than some of the reviewers here.  My Active military ended over twenty years ago, so I am a little behind the times when it comes to Infantry squad weapons and equipment.  I am pre ACOG and helmet mounted night vision.  I think they did a very good job of outfitting themselves with what they could considering their resources.  As many already stated, this group of men understood before the heist the possibilities;  1.  They acknowledged the illegality of the action as well as knowingly violating every oath they took in the past.  I am assuming that oath being the one we take whether enlisting or accepting a commission.  2.  They also acknowledged their lack of supplies and resources to do this.  The characters all talked about this during the scene in the conex container.

I am curious as to why the helicopter pilot chose an AKM with folding stock.  He was also the guy they used as over-watch during the post crash fiasco in the cocaine farm.  How did all those guys just spring back too life after the crash?  There should have been some concussions and probably broken bones after the crash.  I agree with everyone else here on the bad decision to knowingly attempt a crossing of the Andes in an overloaded MI 17.  I think more than one of the characters at the airport said something about the helicopters capabilities.  The pilot said something to the effect that even though the weight of the cash was within the specs to be carried by that helicopter would be good as long as they did not go past 9000 feet.  One more thing I am wondering about is the ability to fly an MI 17.  Did this former Warrant Officer Army pilot know how or even flew any hours in this aircraft?  If not, he sure seemed to understand how to work it while flying in extreme conditions.
View Quote
In Hollywood a pilot is a pilot. They can all fly anything with an engine.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top