Quoted:
The Ant Man movies were both solid.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I try to watch most Marvel movies at the theater, even though most if them are pretty bad.  I haven't seen the Ant Man movies or any of the last 10 or so Spider Man movies.  I wasn't planning on watching Black Panther but got drawn in by the great reviews and decided to give it a whirl.  That movie was terrible, from the crappy acting and plot to the shitastic CGI, it was bad.  Real bad.
i was surprised at how good the Ant Man movies were. Give them a try.
The Ant Man movies were both solid.
They were very entertaining.
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 8:18:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I’m gonna do what I always do: don’t listen to people because everyone and watch the movie, then form an opinion. I honestly am not gonna let SJW crap bother me. People here made Black Panther the most anti-white movie ever (which it had it moments but not enough to bother me).
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 12:14:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote
I saw side boob and a nice ass.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 12:16:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Sidekicks for life. No respect. It was probably like stealing a redshirt from the Star Trek universe. They hand those things out like candy. Footnotes to the main character. thanks for playing along, keep the shirt.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 12:21:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Since I didn’t grow up in the US, I have ZERO knowledge about comic book, and ave never read any.  
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 12:23:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 12:25:30 AM EDT
[#8]
I read these when I was a kid but French so maybe DK never heard of it
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 12:28:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Make movies to entertain and people will go see them but, make them to push an agenda and people will stay away.
Simple rule that hollyweird never seems to learn.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Make movies to entertain and people will go see them but, make them to push an agenda and people will stay away.
They live in a political bubble, where they think everyone is just like them.  You'd think they would have learned something from the Star Wars revenue disappointment.

...Black Panther supporters have not supported the Captain Marvel gofundme to get girls to go see the movie.

There is also a huge problem with Brie Larson who has been spinning Captain Marvel as a feminist movie, essentially isolating the audience, and she even recently came out against white males for some reason. I'm actually surprised and disappointed in Kevin Feige that he is allowing Larson to destroy the MCU audience, and that Disney and CEO Bob Iger haven't learned anything from Star Wars. It's never a good thing to split the audience or insult them. Do they not want white males to go see the movie?

...especially as Larson does more and more interviews (with non-white males, because why - white males are bad?? Larson does realize her bosses are white males, right? Guess that didn't come into question when she signed her $5 million deal for Captain Marvel and her 7-picture MCU deal, right? Is Larson buying any young underprivileged girls tickets with that multi-million dollar contract??)..
It's crazy that they actually raised money to pay for girls to go see Captain Marvel.
Gofundme To get girls to go see Captain Marvel
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 12:29:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
re

They live in a political bubble, where they think everyone is just like them.  You think they would have learned something from the Star Wars revenue disappointment.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 1:57:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 2:02:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 2:13:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Dude, she’s got a Tay Tay ass, at best.
View Quote
I didn’t say otherwise. Here’s like one of her top 3 ass pics Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 2:17:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I have all of the Asterix graphic novels/comics.

As well as all the Tintin books, and Valerian and a bunch of others.
View Quote
I got the Asterix video game back in 2008? I forget exactly which year but it was supposed to be for my son except I played it and then my ex wife who loves all things France [she lived there in her teens] It had sled on ice challenge, fighting a Roman garrison and was probably the 3rd funniest game behind Disney’s Duck Ninja game
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 2:19:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
We rented the TinTin movie for my son
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 8:10:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
My dad got us kids all the Tintin books.  Now I look back and realize that:
--Tintin is a brawler
--his best friend is a drunk
--his dog is a drunk
--Tintin is a reporter who never once files an actual damn story
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 8:14:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
I did as a kid as well until my mom sold them at a garage sale. Captain Haddock is my hero.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 9:29:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

My dad got us kids all the Tintin books.  Now I look back and realize that:
--Tintin is a brawler
--his best friend is a drunk
--his dog is a drunk
--Tintin is a reporter who never once files an actual damn story
View Quote
Old school reporters are drunks too.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 9:53:13 AM EDT
[#19]
View Quote
I read those in French, as well as Lucky Luke, Michel Valiant, and others. The French take their graphic novels very seriously.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 9:54:49 AM EDT
[#20]
I saw the trailer for this movie just before Battle Angel Alita this Saturday.  I was put off by the trailer.

...or maybe I'm reading too much into it.

Reminded me too much of something.

Link Posted: 2/19/2019 10:01:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
What allowed Disney to craft this Marvel empire was two things, having a meticulous plan from day one as to how all of this stuff was going to fit together and doing their best to make all this seemingly niche stuff as accessible and widely appealing as possible. These are comic book based films, something that should have been very insular and only drawn in a small rabid fanbase for an audience... instead they made billions by crafting films that your mom wants to go see.

And all of it is going to unravel in the blink of an eye if the house of mouse doesn't put a sock in the divisive shit.

You cannot sustain a multi billion dollar franchise on virtue signaling and pandering to niche audiences that don't typically go watch these kinds of films. You can -want- to make a film that appeals to little girls, but you have to also make that same film appeal to little BOYS as well as big boys and girls, and old boys and girls, and people of all races... the fastest way to kill your profits is to start telling people "this isn't for you". Disney Marvel unintentionally (or intentionally if you see it that way) learned a very bad lesson with Black Panther that convinced them they don't need to include everyone, and the success of Black Panther was really -in spite- of its divisiveness. I highly doubt they are going to see that happen again with Captain Marvel.
View Quote
I want to agree with this post...but then I think of Disney's "Frozen".
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 10:12:44 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Scarjo actually got naked in an incredibly fucked up film called “ Under the Skin” even her naked body couldn’t save it.
View Quote
I saw this.  Had no idea what I was getting into.  I'm guessing she lost a bet, or owed a favor.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 10:14:06 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I just watched the second trailer and realized that the flaming mohawk is a good bit of the annoyance I have with her character.
View Quote
Me too.  Seemed extremely cheesy
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 10:23:47 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
comic book movies for anyone over the age of 14 is fucking pathetic.
View Quote
I want to agree with this, but they didn't make my personal comic book hero into a movie until I was in my 40's.  So I'm giving myself a pass.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 10:30:27 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I want to agree with this, but they didn't make my personal comic book hero into a movie until I was in my 40's.  So I'm giving myself a pass.
View Quote

Now that CGI has caught up with the times, this would be an awesome comic to bring to the screen. It would be good as anime or live action.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 10:41:20 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-0MMHX1q0bL8/UnHOUlWzzJI/AAAAAAAABTs/KtcdzSE4-7M/s1600/scout1.jpg

Now that CGI has caught up with the times, this would be an awesome comic to bring to the screen. It would be good as anime or live action.
View Quote
But Sonny Landham is dead. Who else could play that character?
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 10:42:50 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-0MMHX1q0bL8/UnHOUlWzzJI/AAAAAAAABTs/KtcdzSE4-7M/s1600/scout1.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I missed out on Scout but a lot of those Eclipse comics ruled
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 10:59:11 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Test audiences.reportedly loved the cat.
That tells me that the cat is the only thing that is good about the film
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It bombed with test audiences and now this is Disney’s attempt at wagging the dog.
Test audiences.reportedly loved the cat.
That tells me that the cat is the only thing that is good about the film
So you’re saying there will be pussy?
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 11:00:28 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Strangely enough, pretty damned close to what I had to wait for...LOL!

Link Posted: 2/19/2019 11:07:30 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just watched the second trailer and realized that the flaming mohawk is a good bit of the annoyance I have with her character.
Bloodhound gang- The roof is on fire (HQ sound)
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 11:33:07 AM EDT
[#31]
Meh- drop a fucking meteor on Larson, terminate her contract, and bring in the armored Nova guy in “a man called Nova”. Nick Ryder?  Something like that...
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 11:44:52 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
I won't deny that... all I can say however is that the cast and crew of Frozen didn't cry to the press about those mean old male critics not understanding their film about scandinavian women that they expressly made only for little girls (which is what the A Wrinkle in Time cast and crew did, and what Brie Larson is referring to and channeling with her Captain Marvel rant).

I'd also go so far as to say traditionally "Disney princess" films like Frozen and Tangled have much wider appeal than folks think they have. Every Disney princess film has a prince in it that does something heroic, as well as comic relief characters that do their best to give the films a wider appeal. Mostly because the creators know in order to get the kids into the theater you have to also appeal to the adults bringing them, and the last thing you want to do is alienate the people actually paying for the tickets.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 11:46:44 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I called it.  Ghostbusters reboot syndrome.

Too many women, too much fuckery with the original premise.  People will stay away in droves.

Feminism alienates people more effectively than racism.

I do wish that the movie industry would report actual ticket sales along with ticket revenue.

These days with movie tickets often costing 10 dollars or more,   you have to keep that in mind when comparing box office receipts against past movies when tickets were much cheaper.   I remember when a typical movie was only a 3 dollar ticket.   And before that, even cheaper.

So for that reason ticket sales should always include number of tickets sold and not just their dollar value.
View Quote
Lol $10?

Good luck getting in for less than $17 as an adult anywhere around here. I think senior tickets are $15.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 11:50:55 AM EDT
[#34]
Michael Bay may be doing a Lobo adaptation but rumors say the lead will be Dwayne Johnson. That is the worst casting I can think of for the character.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 12:16:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Disney made their fortune on Princess movies. There is always a market for targeted entertainment.
Eta
Every Disney princess film has a prince in it that does something heroic, as well as comic relief characters that do their best to give the films a wider appeal
I don’t know anybody that goes to the Princess movies for the supporting cast. At best, they are there for the parents.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 12:36:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’m sure that a 19-25 year old Native American actor could be found with relative ease.

Sidebar: Tim Truman is kickstarting a fundraising campaign to start Scout: Marauder. After 30 years since the last issue of ‘War Shaman’, the Santana boys will ride again.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 12:48:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Disney made their fortune on Princess movies. There is always a market for targeted entertainment.
Eta

I don’t know anybody that goes to the Princess movies for the supporting cast. At best, they are there for the parents.
View Quote
Disney made their fortune making family animated films that appeal to wide audiences, the whole "princess" subgenre wasn't even seen as being a subgenre until the 80s when some Disney executive decided to lump all the female characters together to market merchandise. And if you look at the top grossing animated films of all time (both adjusted for inflation and not) the princess subgenre is only sparsely represented (Frozen being the major fluke). My original point (and continued point) is that Disney primarily tries to make and market films for everyone. Modern Disney may decide to target a specific demographic with a film, but the output generally tries to snare as many potential wallets as possible and it only works against them to openly embrace things like "this film isn't for you"... which is why they just idly say nothing. If Disney was 100% on board with Brie Larson's rants they'd be attaching them to the marketing.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 2:16:53 PM EDT
[#38]
https://comicbook.com/marvel/hottopics/2019/02/19/captain-marvel-rotten-tomatoes-fake-reviews-sabotage/

The spinning has begun.   Blaming it on trolls and the same people that hated The Last Jedi.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 2:39:58 PM EDT
[#40]
I honestly don't want to sound contrary and negative, but i just watched the trailer that opens with her and a black female pilot. She delivers a line at the end that sounds just like Reese Witherspoon trying to be a badass. It just doesn't sound right.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 3:02:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I honestly don't want to sound contrary and negative, but i just watched the trailer that opens with her and a black female pilot. She delivers a line at the end that sounds just like Reese Witherspoon trying to be a badass. It just doesn't sound right.
View Quote
I do not mind an action movie with a female lead.  Especially when her whoop-ass abilities come from alien technology, and not from a place of "I am 115lbs but can kick The Rock's ass becuase I am woman hear me roar."

The problems with Captain Marvel are:
1. the lead actress just plain sucks as an actress.  She's wooden, like David Duchovny was on X-files.
2. the lead actress is running her mouth about SJW shit and the studio isn't disavowing it or shutting her down.  I have ZERO interest in paying my money for that movie, and I'm not alone.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 3:08:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I do not mind an action movie with a female lead.  Especially when her whoop-ass abilities come from alien technology, and not from a place of "I am 115lbs but can kick The Rock's ass becuase I am woman hear me roar."

1. the lead actress just plain sucks as an actress.  She's wooden, like David Duchovny was on X-files.
2. the lead actress is running her mouth about SJW shit and the studio isn't disavowing it or shutting her down.  I have ZERO interest in paying my money for that movie, and I'm not alone.
View Quote
See? That's why she doesn't want cisgendered white men reviewing her. Y'all are so close-minded, caring about talent, appeal, and fitting the role.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 3:13:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
See? That's why she doesn't want cisgendered white men reviewing her. Y'all are so close-minded, caring about talent, appeal, and fitting the role.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The more our culture rejects the concept of merit, the less I fit in...
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 3:13:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
hey, wait a minute: Did you just assume my sexual orientation?
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 3:17:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

hey, wait a minute: Did you just assume my sexual orientation?
View Quote
Not me.  Faggot.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 3:31:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I think I've seen all the MCU movies in theater except one. I would have seen this in theater but Captain Marvel said it wasn't meant for me. I'll watch it when it hits Netflix.
View Quote
Plenty of sources to "source it" online, without having to give the SJW crew a paid view...if they don't want me watching it, I won't give them my dollar.  I'll want the backstory for Endgame, though.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 3:32:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Someone needs to make a Haunted Tank movie, or Sgt Rock movie.......
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 3:33:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote
Was watching the Blind Side the other night, and wondered if it would get made today.  I really enjoy that movie, but could we have a wealthy white woman helping out a disadvantaged black man?

Watched Maverick, was wondering the same thing.  His "Indian" buddy, all the "little lady" talk, etc.

I suspect many of my favorite movies of the 2000's and prior would never be made today, or would be boycotted by the Usual Suspects (no pun intended).
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 3:34:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Intersectionality as a system becomes incredibly hierarchical.
View Quote
Yup.  Jordan Peterson pointed that one out to me.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 3:34:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Ruined  the original story
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top