Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 2/16/2019 2:18:45 AM EDT
Commissioner Nikki Fried Names New Leadership in Division of Licensing

Commissioner Nicole "Nikki" Fried announced new leadership for the Division of Licensing. The Commissioner has tapped Stephen Hurm to serve as Director of the Division of Licensing and Jordan Anderson as Assistant Director.

"One of my top priorities is to adequately screen applicants for concealed weapons permits and correct the previous administration's serious failures in oversight," said Commissioner Fried. "This is a responsibility that prior deficiencies have proven belongs under the purview of law enforcement professionals. That's why I have appointed Stephen Hurm, a sworn law enforcement officer with over thirty years experience, to lead the Division of Licensing. Stephen's experience implementing successful risk management strategies makes him the careful, competent, and qualified leader the Division needs as we move forward to remedy the past failures."

Fried announced the appointment Wednesday afternoon on her new official Twitter page, @NikkiFriedFL.

Working directly with Deputy Commissioner Mary Barzee Flores, Hurm will oversee the Division of Licensing operations and work to implement updated procedures, safeguards, and streamlining of the permitting process.

"When someone applies for a concealed weapons permit in our state, we will ensure they receive the full and complete background check required by law  anything less is a disservice to public safety and a failure to uphold our responsibility to the people of Florida. I'm appreciative of the opportunity to serve the state I love and to do my part to keep our communities safe," said Stephen Hurm.
View Quote
Tallahassee Democrat

...the NRA endorsed Fried's selection of Hurm to lead the program.

"This guy is a professional, part of a professional family with integrity," said Marion Hammer, the NRA's lobbyist in Tallahassee. "Regardless of how he feels on the issue, I believe he's professional enough to follow the law and the Constitution and not abuse any of those."
View Quote

Former U.S. Rep. Gwen Graham and her husband, Steve Hurm, attend an event Tuesday in Quincy honoring women in law enforcement.
View Quote
Yup, Gwen Graham is the guy's wife.... Gwen Graham, the Gubernatorial Candidate that stated she'd suspend the gun rights of Floridians by emergency proclamation.

Gwen Graham Twitter

And Marion Hammer backs this guy's selection. A husband to one of Florida's most anti-gun Democrats.

He's going to be working directly with Deputy Commissioner Mary Barzee Flores. An Anti-Gun Attorney from Miami that ran a failed Congressional Campaign and was backed by various gun control organizations.

He'll also be working with Fred Guttenberg.

A father of a Parkland victim and huge anti-gun zealot that is a member of Ban Assault Weapons NOW! and Americans for Gun Safety NOW!. Those happen to be the two groups pushing a 2020 Ballot Initiative to amend Florida's Constitution to outlaw semiautomatic long guns and magazines.

And again, Marion Hammer is fine with Stephen Hurm being the direct supervisor over Florida's CCW program.

FloridaPolitics.com

Marion Hammer, a lobbyist with the National Rifle Association, appears to agree.

The NRA recently came out in support of keeping the program under Fried’s purview, despite not being politically aligned with Fried.

Hammer called Hurm a “particularly good choice.”

“The law governing the concealed weapons and firearms licensing law is very clear and it specifically denies the agency any regulatory authority so they have to adhere strictly to the law,” Hammer wrote. “I would not expect any abusive of authority from [Hurm], nor do I think he would tolerate any.”
View Quote
Additionally, the guy that will be working directly underneath him is Jordan Anderson, who had worked for Graham’s 2014 campaign for Congress and most recently acted as the deputy field director for For Our Future, a left-leaning organization financed by progressive billionaire Tom Steyer. Anderson will serve as assistant director.

But Marion Hammer has faith in Stephen Hurm.
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 2:21:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Sad to say, but I'm not sure the NRA can be fixed at this point.
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 2:23:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
I agree and it has been that way for a while, IMHO.
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 2:24:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Bloodhound gang- The roof is on fire (HQ sound)
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 2:26:24 AM EDT
[#4]
BuT tHe NrA WiL LoOk OuT FoR uS
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 2:28:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
Short of three well aimed rifle rounds, I'm beginning to wonder.
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 2:33:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Marion Hammer is a POS.
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 2:34:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
BuT tHe NrA WiL LoOk OuT FoR uS
View Quote
In some defense.... the NRA's rep in Kentucky is apparently doing a good job in helping them get Constitutional Carry. @SWIRE

This is just another example of why Marion Hammer has to go. She's pretty much useless in Florida at this point. She campaigned and said that she'll get GOP lawmakers to draft a bill to move the CCW program away from Nikki Fried (D) Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services and have it placed under Jimmy Patronis (R), CFO of the Department of Financial Services.

That fizzled even though she says that the Legislature bows at her every whim. But since no bill has been drafted since no one cares about what she says. Marion Hammer now okay with CCWs staying at Dept. of Ag. and even is approving the guy being placed in charge of CCWs when he is from a very bad background regarding his associates.
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 2:51:19 AM EDT
[#8]
NRA doing a little 3-D chess, in a Common Core sort of way.

I'm pretty sure they're just fucking with us at this point.
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 2:56:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
NRA doing a little 3-D chess, in a Common Core sort of way.

I'm pretty sure they're just fucking with us at this point.
View Quote
Hammer is done. At this point she is discovering she has no political capital and no one in Tallahassee fears her anymore. She's going to be 80 years old.

I respect her for what she did in the 80s getting us Shall Issue CCWs. But this ain't then. The way things are done are different. It is an entirely new generation running the show. This is a game for the young, not those that could be Great Grandparents. The entire way to fight gun control is different.
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 2:58:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
And yet, many here say that we are the problem by not supporting them, not only with more money, but more members.

I didn't abandon the NRA, they abandoned me.
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 3:00:04 AM EDT
[#11]
If ur not an nra member ur part of thuh problemmm

Link Posted: 2/16/2019 3:19:29 AM EDT
[#12]
I decided on retiring to FL after a 20 year military career that will end in 2021.

I might be changing that plan now.

A new home address might be better than becoming an insta-felon.

@Miami_JBT , I'm ready to help with the fight if you need me.

ETA:  Wasn't this the "conspiracy theory" floated by some when the Dems kept fighting for the obviously lost Gov and Senate seats?  To keep the spotlight off of the stolen election for Ag Commissioner that would allow for this shit?
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 3:27:22 AM EDT
[#13]
5 years ago, if you would have told me I'd be absolutely embarrassed by the eagle next to my name I'd have told you to piss off you filthy commie.

My, how things change.
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 3:33:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
5 years ago, if you would have told me I'd be absolutely embarrassed by the eagle next to my name I'd have told you to piss off you filthy commie.

My, how things change.
View Quote
Naw man, don't be embarrassed, be proud.

YOU did everything you could to support what you thought was a great organization, THEY let YOU down.

You are a supporter of the Second Amendment, always be proud of that!
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 3:34:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Time for everyone here to get it through your head.

We are done. We're beat. It's over. Plain and simple.
I don't just mean Florida. I mean the entire country. Gun culture is now considered taboo. It's history.
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 3:34:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Put a fork in it y'all are done
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 3:36:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I decided on retiring to FL after a 20 year military career that will end in 2021.

ETA:  Wasn't this the "conspiracy theory" floated by some when the Dems kept fighting for the obviously lost Gov and Senate seats?  To keep the spotlight off of the stolen election for Ag Commissioner that would allow for this shit?
View Quote
I heard that. Be careful stating that here. People will think "the foil is too tight"
Even though shit like this happens daily in front of their very eyes. ??
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 3:43:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
Bloomberg dumped a shitload of money into the election.

Anti-Gun Orgs Dumping Millions Into Florida Elections

$1.8 million alone was dumped into the campaign of Agriculture Commissioner Nikki Fried. Flipping Florida to be anti-gun is a huge goal of Bloomberg. Why? Because Florida is a critical swing state.
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 3:47:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Hammer is done. At this point she is discovering she has no political capital and no one in Tallahassee fears her anymore. She's going to be 80 years old.

I respect her for what she did in the 80s getting us Shall Issue CCWs. But this ain't then. The way things are done are different. It is an entirely new generation running the show. This is a game for the young, not those that could be Great Grandparents. The entire way to fight gun control is different.
View Quote
MJT is right Hammer is due respect for what she achieved for WTP.
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 3:51:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But one's past does not excuse one's present actions. Marion Hammer has insulted NRA members, backed policies Nd legislative actions that have gutted pro gun bills, supported the politicians that took such action, doesn't show up to NRA BoD meetings, and pretty much has bee  a roadblock to real pro gun reform in FL.
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 3:52:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Double Tap
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 3:58:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

She could have accolades for previous accomplishments.
But the real question is what has she done since then? In the last 10 years, Five years, three years, one year what has she done?
Any organization Is only as good as what they are doing right now.
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 4:21:38 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
She should be done, for the very reason you state, but more than that, I suspect not only nobody fears her, but nobody respects her either.

Given that those facts are self evident (to everyone except WLP et al) does it really matter whether she "approves" of this appointment or not?  If she objected, what would happen?  Nothing.  He'd still be appointed.  Is there anything in FL law that provides a way to block such an appointment through the courts?

I also wonder if this is actually an NRA position, approved by the Board, or if she just did it on her own hook.
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 7:41:32 AM EDT
[#24]
Playing by the old rules means playing a losing game.
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 7:43:43 AM EDT
[#25]
Sorry your girl won?
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 7:47:27 AM EDT
[#26]
This is getting so fucking ridiculous that I am beginning to wonder if I am living in an alternate universe.

She has to go......she is not only worthless, she is a detriment.

This bitch is anti gun.
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 8:02:24 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
Is this a real statement from the NRA, or just Marion Hammer running her mouth. Why the NRA keeps paying this senile old bitch has a lot of questions. Do actually gun owners join Hammer's group 'United Sportsmen' in Florida?
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 8:09:21 AM EDT
[#28]
As long as Hammer collects her NRA check for 300 grand a year she don't really give a shit.
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 8:13:07 AM EDT
[#29]
She has a disarming smile...
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 8:13:25 AM EDT
[#30]
WTF NRA?

Link Posted: 2/16/2019 8:27:01 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I don't just mean Florida. I mean the entire country. Gun culture is now considered taboo. It's history.
View Quote
“We are”?

Please don’t speak for me, if you’re ready to surrender, that’s fine.

Maybe you can find a new “hobby”, I’ll continue my way of life.
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 8:28:20 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
Good signature line.
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 8:32:49 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 8:33:00 AM EDT
[#34]
FMH
FNF
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 8:44:59 AM EDT
[#35]
He and Hammer probably agree on most political issues.

How the fuck did this RABID libtard get so fucking high up in the NRA????

It ain't like she is beautiful with huge tits.
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 8:56:01 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
And yet, many here say that we are the problem by not supporting them, not only with more money, but more members.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nailed it.
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 9:01:50 AM EDT
[#37]
Am I in before the, "NRA is the best thing for your gun rights and why you still have guns." derpage?

Fuck the NRA.
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 9:04:40 AM EDT
[#38]
To the two NRA BOD members (that we know of) that are members here on Arfcom, do you guys ever call Marion up and ask her "What the fuck is wrong with you?" or "Do you realize how fucking useless you're making us look?".  I know you guys can't ask her those questions at your BOD meetings because she doesn't show up for those.
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 9:06:46 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
Even tbk1 says Marion Hammer "is a cancer in the org".
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 9:10:45 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Marion Hammer is a POS.
View Quote
Ya, they stuffed Florida in the shitter and pumped the plunger vigorously.

The NRA is morphing into an anti-gun rights organization.

Their treachery against gun-rights grows stronger each passing day.

Trust notoriously anti-gun rights politicians to follow the Constitution?

That's just fucking retarded ...or intentionally deceptive.
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 9:10:47 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
But one's past does not excuse one's present actions. Marion Hammer has insulted NRA members, backed policies Nd legislative actions that have gutted pro gun bills, supported the politicians that took such action, doesn't show up to NRA BoD meetings, and pretty much has bee  a roadblock to real pro gun reform in FL.
View Quote
But they elected Ollie North President of the NRA
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 9:13:54 AM EDT
[#42]
Nepotism and corruption tend to walk hand in hand.
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 9:15:39 AM EDT
[#43]
Thanks for posting this.   I was leaning hard against renewal of my NRA membership and this makes it an easy choice.   I am done with them till further...this includes my efforts with Friends of the NRA which I have given up time, effort and money on committee.
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 9:17:15 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
She has a disarming smile...
View Quote
And leaves cat hair in every chair she graces.
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 9:19:05 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
That's only true if you care what others think and if you're afraid of the consequences. Let's do neither and report back on our findings.
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 9:19:36 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wow
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 9:19:56 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Ya, they stuffed Florida in the shitter and pumped the plunger vigorously.

The NRA is morphing into an anti-gun rights organization.

Their treachery against gun-rights grows stronger each passing day.

Trust notoriously anti-gun rights politicians to follow the Constitution?

That's just fucking retarded ...or intentionally deceptive.
View Quote
Next up...….."Hammer recommends Hillary be brought in to make sure the screening of all firearms related stuff is being handled properly and above board".
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 9:23:18 AM EDT
[#48]
Somebody talk me in to keeping my NRA Life Membership. Make sure you @ my username. I think it’s time to pull the pin and unhitch.
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 9:25:15 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 9:29:33 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good old Ollie North.... Mr. If you want to shoot an Assault Weapon, join the Marines.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top