Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2003 8:14:54 AM EDT
My wife and I both have a fairly cheap rate for emp+1 spouse for our PPO insurance.  Is there any benefit to us to both being covered on each others policy instead of just one of us covering both people? We are not hardly ever sick or in need of insurance, but the price is reasonable. Any advice?
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 4:15:25 PM EDT
[#1]
The insurance companies will fuck you. They get together on claims & discover you have double coverage & won't allow one's deductable to apply to claims on another. My ex- & I tried this & it just pissed us off.

YMMV.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 4:20:57 PM EDT
[#2]
No.  Just save your money.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 6:00:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys...
I figured it would be something like that...
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 8:06:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, the only place this works is with Dental and Vision - we used to have both of us in dental, and one time I got a root canal and actually got paid for it ...

Seems the dentist filed the claim with both companies, got paid the "usual and customary" amount from both and it was more than the bill, so his office sent me the difference!

But it's only happened once, darn.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 8:23:39 PM EDT
[#5]
LIke with auto ins........watch out they try to stick you w/health ALSO,if your already covered in work why pay auto personal health ins, [pissed]Fuckers
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top