Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2003 11:07:30 AM EDT
   What do you use to neutralize copper cleaners with ammonia with? Is it vinegar and hpwe do you do this ?  

Thanks,
                  Loader
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 11:17:59 AM EDT
[#1]
A couple passes with an oil soaked patch, has worked for years see no sense in trying to re-invent the wheel.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 12:22:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Some folks like to use isopropyl alcohol for reasons that I’ve never understood.  It typically has water in it, so I don’t like the idea myself.

Personally, I patch the solvent out as best as I can and then run a couple of Kroil soaked patches down the bore for that purpose.  I then patch that out and then use CLP or whatever in the bore.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 3:47:48 PM EDT
[#3]
thanks, I have the kroil and other lubes including clp and I will stick to those
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 6:12:20 PM EDT
[#4]
After using sweets, a very strong ammonia based copper cleaner, I hit it again with a few patches of MPro7, works great. I'll even brush it again to just make sure it's all out. I use to use 'gunscrubber' in the past, but.. it's expensive and smelly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top