Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2003 4:57:00 AM EDT
I bought him a Henry 22 spoon bolt rifle in stainless, & black plastic it's a cute little rifle just his size. I am very excited about it, & can hardly wait till Christmas to give it to him.
He just turned 6 in October, & I had him hold it yesterday at Academy & it fit him perfect. Christmas morning I will be taking him to the river to try it out. He will be surprised because I didn't get it while he was with me, & I told him both his grandmas don't want him to have a gun.(true) He felt bad, but I explained that most woman want to protect people from guns, but that it is sometimes necessary to have a gun for protection, & he added yes!, & to kill animals for food to papa. I am very proud of him to say the least.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 5:00:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Good job! Start them young.
I'm sure he'll love it.

Teach him good saftey. But let schools teach him his spelling

I got my sons 1st real gun for Christmass yesterday!
View Quote

Psssst, there is only one "S" in Christmas.
[:D]
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 5:04:02 AM EDT
[#2]
I bought a Marlin model 15Y for my 5 year old at a gun show in September.  Since then, we have taken multiple trips to the woods for plinking.  It is great father/son time.  

My wife was a little apprehensive at first.  The first thing I did was instruct him on safety.  And with any 5 year old, every time we go out, I reiterate the safety rules.  

He does quite well with it.  It is cool to watch him walk in the woods with his little rifle slung over his shoulder.  [:)]
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 5:20:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Good job! Start them young.
I'm sure he'll love it.

Teach him good [red]saftey[/red]. But let schools teach him his spelling

I got my sons 1st real gun for Christmass yesterday!
View Quote

Psssst, there is only one "S" in Christmas.
[:D]
View Quote

Simple typo of which I'm sure you never make.[:D] He is being home schooled, & in a little bit we will be going on our nature walk.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 5:32:53 AM EDT
[#4]
[size=5][b]D'oh![/b][/size=5]
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 5:45:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Thats great! there is years of enjoyment and bonding there.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 6:10:11 AM EDT
[#6]
[:)]
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 6:15:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Be sure to take a picture of him opening it & post here. Maybe do like dad did in "The Christmas Story", that would be cool. Congrats! Remember, keep the ammo in your pocket and be sure you take something like Jello and have him shoot it so he understands how powerful the weapon is. Get ready for:

Daddy, can we go shooting? Daddy, can we go shooting? Daddy, can we go shooting? Daddy, can we go shooting? Daddy, can we go shooting? Daddy, can we go shooting? Daddy, can we go shooting? Daddy, can we go shooting? Daddy, can we go shooting? Daddy, can we go shooting? Daddy, can we go shooting? Please? Please?  Please? Please? Please? Please? Please? Please?
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 6:18:16 AM EDT
[#8]
I started Lil Ops off when he was 4, with a Davy Cricket.  4 years later, he can handle an AR quite well and wants a 1911 for Christmas.  He shoots that well also, ringing a 24" gong at 80 yds with regularity.  He knows that shooting is fun, and that we own firearms for defense, hunting, and recreation.  I think he is "anti-proof."  Time will tell.
 Shake your son's hand, and welcome him to the fraternity.  This will be his first step to manhood, and always remembered.  Ops
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 6:20:02 AM EDT
[#9]
That's great to hear, Searcher.  We don't have kids, but spoil the nephews & nieces.  I really wanted to get my youngest nephew (he'll be 6 in April) a .22 or at least a BB gun for Christmas, but the sister-in-law won't allow it.  [:(]
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 6:31:36 AM EDT
[#10]
You're a good dad Searcher.  My best Christmas gift ever was a Crossman 767 pellet/bb rifle from my grandpa when I was 7 +/-.  My mom hated it, but I carried it all over our 20 acres for years and even had to replace the barrel lining (my first gunsmithing).  Of course, this lead to other bb/pellet rifles and pistols, then to .22 rifles and pistols and so on...

My best memories of youth are of shooting .22s and fishing with my dad on our property (20 ac. w/pond in OK).
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 7:00:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Yesterday he got a box of CCI Stingers for Hanukah, & today he got 2 toy AK-47's for Hanukah. Tomorrow he will get a toy MP5. His armory runeth over.[:D] I also have a metal die cast Stealth bomber, a SR-77 Blackbird, & a Cobra AH1 for up coming Hanukah gifts. My wife sent me out to get some shoes yesterday, & I went to a few stores for the boy as well. Sorry honey, there is no change.[:|]
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 12:10:34 PM EDT
[#12]
I just got back from the fun store with him, we looked at the different youth models, & he likes the one I already have hidden in the living room for him best of all. They had a little wooden stocked model that was .17 HMR. Now that would make a good 1st varmint rifle for him![:D]
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 12:27:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I bought him a Henry 22 spoon bolt rifle in stainless, & black plastic it's a cute little rifle just his size...
View Quote

I bought one just like that for my son a couple of months ago...

... he'll be almost 4 months this Christmas.  [:D]

I guess I'll have to wait a little while to give it to him - oh well, why put off until tomorrow...

(this is no joke - I went out and bought it right after he was born, couldn't wait)

Merry Christmas, [b]Searcherfortruth Sr. & Jr.![/b]  I can't wait until "Junior" & I are right there with you.  [:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top