BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 11
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 4:50:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm curious as to what weapons are still TV guided with telemetry...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not sure if posted already, but if not:

Israel releases video of dramatic air strike on two Syrian SAM systems, first one was firing 2 missiles

Looks like they were salvo firing against the SA-22s, one way to get around their anti-PGM capability
Probably this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delilah_(missile)
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 7:40:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Got to have at least 1 IDF girl pic in this thread.

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/18/2a/9d/182a9da229d7f84d29a3036e70d8ea7f.jpg
View Quote
Why stop at just one?
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 7:56:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

This isn't going to help Russia sell Pantsirs.
View Quote
Another reason to love Israel, when they do stuff like this it reminds everyone that Russian equipment never lives up to the hype.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 8:00:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
@whiskersthecat
View Quote
Do we have F35 A2A kills yet?
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 8:00:48 AM EDT
[#5]
not reading 10 pages because I don't have time.

Getting to the point...

Who shot down more Syrian planes: the Syrians or the Izzies?
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 8:11:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 8:18:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 8:19:22 AM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 1/21/2019 8:22:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 8:35:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Hopefully the USAF and USN join the fun.  Some cruise missiles, JDAMs from B2s, and air strikes from other planes on Syrian ADA.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 8:40:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
MSM is waiting for pics of dead kids to be photoshopped correctly before running the story.
View Quote
Gotta round up the White Helmets first. They’ve been doing propag...er, humanitarian missions elsewhere.

TC
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 8:44:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/327183/0DA4B00F-A9C4-4067-A4C4-7DA525405ADD_jpeg-815343.JPG

JERUSALEM (AP) — In an extraordinary statement, the Israeli military confirmed early Monday that it attacked Iranian military targets in Syria, hours after carrying out a rare daylight air raid near the Damascus International Airport.

The statement was issued hours after Israeli missile defenses intercepted an incoming missile over the Golan Heights in the wake of the airport raid.

“We have started striking Iranian Quds targets in Syrian territory,” the military statement said. “We warn the Syrian Armed Forces against attempting to harm Israeli forces or territory.”

Until now Israel has largely refrained from public admissions of its covert military operations in neighboring Syria, in order to avoid large-scale involvement in the eight-year civil war.

The Syrian military said Israel carried out intensive airstrikes with successive waves of guided missiles shortly after 1 a.m., but added that Syrian air defenses destroyed most of the missiles before they reached their targets.

On Sunday, Syrian state media said air defenses repelled an Israeli air raid near the international airport south of Damascus. State TV said Syria’s air defenses “prevented” the attack from achieving its goals. It said Israel targeted six missiles on an area near Damascus International Airport, of which five were shot down and one diverted to nearby empty farmland.

Residents of the capital said they heard five explosions early Sunday afternoon, apparently the sound of air defenses firing into the air.

The Israeli military had initially declined to comment on the airstrike, though it said a rocket fired at the Israeli-occupied Golan Heights was intercepted by Israel’s Iron Dome defense system.

Israeli warplanes have used Lebanon’s airspace recently to strike deep inside Syria, including attacking a warehouse near Damascus International Airport earlier this month, according to Syrian state media.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu recently confirmed that Israel has struck hundreds of targets in Syria linked to Iran and the Lebanese Hezbollah militant group, including a weapons facility two weeks ago. Iran and Hezbollah are allied with the Syrian government in the civil war.

Two hours after the reports that Israel’s Iron Dome intercepted a rocket fired toward the Golan Heights, Netanyahu, who currently is on a visit to Chad, said in a statement: “We have a defined policy: to harm Iranian entrenchment in Syria and to harm anyone who tries to harm us.”

Earlier Sunday, a roadside bomb went off south of Damascus without causing casualties, state media reported. The SANA news agency said the blast targeted a military checkpoint on a main highway during rush hour.

The Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, which closely monitors Syria’s war, said the bomb targeted the vehicle of a “security personality” that it did not identify. The Observatory’s chief, Rami Abdurrahman, said it was unclear whether the individual was killed or wounded. “It was not a random act,” he added.

Attacks have been rare in Damascus since Syrian government forces captured the last rebel-held neighborhoods and suburbs of the capital last year. Bombings have left hundreds dead over the course of the nearly eight-year civil war.

In the northern Syrian town of Afrin, a blast aboard a bus killed at least three people.

The attack came on the anniversary of a Turkish military operation that evicted Kurdish fighters from the town and displaced tens of thousands of its residents. The town now is under the control of Turkey-backed Syrian opposition fighters.

The Observatory said three people were killed and nine wounded in the explosion. The Syrian Civil Defense, an opposition-linked group known as the White Helmets, said that the blast killed “martyrs” and that others were wounded and rushed to hospitals.

https://www.apnews.com/ca4e04a7e1134cf7917608d39054be64
View Quote
Yes, the AP considers it “extraordinary” when the truth is put out there and they can’t spin the story to say what they want.

TC
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 8:53:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Any State side news organizations reporting about this?
View Quote
They don’t want to highlight how widespread Iran’s forces are deployed.

TC
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 8:56:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Nothing on Drudge....

But Hey it's Stupid Bowl time.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 9:01:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Nothing on Drudge....

View Quote
The Super Bowl is once a year, countries in the middle east attack each other every 15 minutes. Honestly most people are either sick of hearing about it or don't care to begin with.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 9:08:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 10:00:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Sorry but we're still leaving.
View Quote
rightly so .
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 11:10:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
rightly so .
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sorry but we're still leaving.
rightly so .
Absolutely.

Any gun cam vids yet?
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 11:20:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Cool tweet

Link Posted: 1/21/2019 12:49:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I have a hard time believing there is anything resembling A2A combat going on between the Israelis and Syrians.

Could the Syrians really be that stupid to throw away their already limited assets?
View Quote
If the Russians have been providing technical assistance, it would be a great opportunity for Russia to test their systems and new countermeasures using Syrians as guinea pigs.

It would be foolish though for the Syrians to put up any fighters, as they learned the hard way in 1982.

In the Bekaa Valley skirmish with Israel, they lost 82 aircraft in a 2-day period to Israeli F-15s and F-16s, being directed by E-2C and F-15B Command and Control nodes.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 12:53:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

They have snow in Israel?
View Quote
You should probably sit down, but they also have snow in Australia and Hawaii
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 1:31:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Cool tweet

View Quote
HARMs for the win
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 1:32:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 1:38:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
If the Russians have been providing technical assistance, it would be a great opportunity for Russia to test their systems and new countermeasures using Syrians as guinea pigs.

It would be foolish though for the Syrians to put up any fighters, as they learned the hard way in 1982.

In the Bekaa Valley skirmish with Israel, they lost 82 aircraft in a 2-day period to Israeli F-15s and F-16s, being directed by E-2C and F-15B Command and Control nodes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have a hard time believing there is anything resembling A2A combat going on between the Israelis and Syrians.

Could the Syrians really be that stupid to throw away their already limited assets?

No doubt Russia is out there with tron sniffers trying to figure out how to improve their stuff.

I'm personally impressed that Israel continues to do ops so close to Russian units in Syria. I wonder what the common Syrians, Iranians, and other anti-Israel elements must think of their Russian "allies"..
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 1:39:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Sounds like Israel lighting up Syria........
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 1:49:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
HARMs for the win
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cool tweet

HARMs for the win
And when combined with TV guided missiles.. a lethal combo!
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 2:00:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They have snow in Israel?
After you sit down, you might want to buckle up.  They have snow in Africa and South America too.  
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 2:12:39 PM EDT
[#28]
@TontoGoldstein Sent you a PM.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 2:17:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 2:18:53 PM EDT
[#30]
I've had Fox News on in the back ground for two hours and not a word about this.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 2:19:43 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm converting.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 2:20:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Nothing on Drudge....

View Quote
Drudge has been derp going on 3 years now.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 2:24:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 2:28:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Some fancy Russian SHORAD getting whacked.

Pantsir S- SA-22 Greyhound, Self-propelled anti-aircraft gun and missile (SPAAGM) system
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 2:28:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 2:29:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
doubt Israel is going to put F35s out there for anything other than first strike/cap. Not going to risk the golden BB bringing one down
View Quote
Risk what?

It's not like they are footing the bill for em..
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 2:36:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
HAVE NAP.  The Israeli version is called POPEYE.  It's a TV / IR guided missile.  I don't know if that was being guided or was self-guided and just beaming back the video.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 2:36:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Israel releases video of dramatic air strike on two Syrian SAM systems, first one was firing 2 missiles

Looks like they were salvo firing against the SA-22s, one way to get around their anti-PGM capability
Saudi Arabia is ready to throw its Patriots in the dumpster in exchange for them because of how poorly the Patriot system is working.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 2:46:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
GBU15/ AGM130

I "think" they got all our gbu15 kits after we quit using them
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 5:09:03 PM EDT
[#40]
I get the i24 news channel from Israel.  They aren’t covering this either.  I’ve had it on about 30 minutes and it’s all Spanish bullshit about Venezuela.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 6:14:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Second time the IDF publicly embarrassed the Russian CIWS truck.

Ouch....the bad press surrounding the fleets journey, the aviation accidents on the way, and these videos, almost entirely negate the entire Russian arms export marketing expedition to Syria.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 6:25:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Ouch....the bad press surrounding the fleets journey, the aviation accidents on the way, and these videos, almost entirely negate the entire Russian arms export marketing expedition to Syria.
View Quote
Indeed, I still find it ironic a Soviet made SAM operated by Syrian forces shot down an actual Russian intelligence plane that was aiding them.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 6:30:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
Someone was tested.

Testing 1...2....3
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 6:33:12 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Lets hope Putin keeps his cool, oh and....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vpuN62VdgA
View Quote
Classic!
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 6:36:09 PM EDT
[#45]
well it's been daylight for a while... any damage assessments?
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 6:41:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 6:47:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Saudi Arabia is ready to throw its Patriots in the dumpster in exchange for them because of how poorly the Patriot system is working.
View Quote
They are entirely different systems. Pantsirs are for point air defense and would be entirely ineffective against Houthi  ballistic missiles. KSA has been considering buying S400s but probably more as leverage than actual consideration,the US doesn't want the Saudis to buy them.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 6:47:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’d be curious as to what the issue is, as I had quite a few of them fired right over my head in 1991.  Bullshit new stories aside, I personally witnessed them work pretty damn well against Scuds in terminal phase.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 6:58:11 PM EDT
[#49]
I was in Tel Aviv last week, my first visit to Israel.
I never felt safer in a big city before that includes walking around in the middle of the night with my phone out.
Hardly saw any police or military though, the threat level with regards to terrorism is currently quite low I guess and regular crime isn't much of a thing either.
It was interesting, great food! service in restaurants not as great.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 7:04:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I was in Tel Aviv last week, my first visit to Israel.
I never felt safer in a big city before that includes walking around in the middle of the night with my phone out.
Hardly saw any police or military though, the threat level with regards to terrorism is currently quite low I guess and regular crime isn't much of a thing either.
It was interesting, great food! service in restaurants not as great.
View Quote
Most of Israel is very safe, even with the problems.

There are certainly a few areas that are best avoided.   If you watch the news from most any place on Earth you would think it is a dangerous place.   No one cares when the trains run on time.  You don’t see headlines such as “today, in most of the city, not a damned thing happened”
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top