Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 21
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 11:26:12 AM EDT
[#1]
I was thinking about how this thing caught fire and I think the reason so many people bit is because the Diocese of Covington shit on them.

Effectively, the Covington Diocese is  one step removed from the parents of the kids.  It is fairly reasonable to ASS/U/ME that if they're talking, they know something.

I put a LOT -- most --  of blame on the Diocese for shitting on their kids in public and legitimizing the whole witch hunt.

Anyone have a link to their apology? Oh -- wait -- they're still shitting on their kids.   From their website just now:

A Message from The Diocese of Covington and Covington Catholic High School

We condemn the actions of the Covington Catholic High School students towards Nathan Phillips specifically, and Native Americans in general, Jan. 18, after the March for Life, in Washington, D.C. We extend our deepest apologies to Mr. Phillips. This behavior is opposed to the Church’s teachings on the dignity and respect of the human person.
The matter is being investigated and we will take appropriate action, up to and including expulsion.
We know this incident also has tainted the entire witness of the March for Life and express our most sincere apologies to all those who attended the March and all those who support the pro-life movement.

The Diocese of Covington and Covington Catholic High School

link

Idiots.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 11:26:30 AM EDT
[#2]
One more for the dog pile...

From the Gateway Pundit...

Indiana-Kentucky Indian Movement and Antifa Plan Tuesday Protest at Covington Catholic School Over Far Left Fake News Scandal
by Jim Hoft January 21, 2019

The American Indian Movement Chapter of Indiana and Kentucky are planning a protest on Tuesday at Covington High School in Kentucky.

80 people have signed up to go harass the children some more at their Catholic school.

Antifa terrorists also put out a notice to protest Covington Catholic School on Tuesday.

The radical leftist group wants to threaten CHILDREN over a liberal media fake news story.

This is pure evil.

The rest of the story is at the link.

It would be too bad if some of those bikers for Trump counter protest!
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 11:31:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1087146596066676737.html

FOIDs are filled

the knowing is happening
View Quote
That's a good breakdown.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 11:38:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Truth.

People could be categorized in many ways.  Poor, rich.  In control, subservient. Wage earner, welfare recipient.

But instead the left in their culture war have decided it's White people vs everyone else. Which is a pretty retarded line to draw in the sand given that particular categorization lines up a disparity of forces.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is a hash tag on twatter with every kids face asking "do you know them". The foaming at the mouth left has gone full retard once again and these kids lives are literally now at stake.
We are going to have to start sticking together. And I dont mean in a racial way.
@aksala

Fact is that though whites dont choose to group up racially, everyone else is choosing that FOR whites, hemming whites all in together as one demonized mass based on their "skin color."
Truth.

People could be categorized in many ways.  Poor, rich.  In control, subservient. Wage earner, welfare recipient.

But instead the left in their culture war have decided it's White people vs everyone else. Which is a pretty retarded line to draw in the sand given that particular categorization lines up a disparity of forces.
But you see, the disparity of force is useless as long as that force is never brought to bear.

eta

Judging from the post above regarding various Leftists supposedly gearing up to stir shit at Cov Cath, the force we speak of may finally be brought out if they fuck around and harm (or cause to be harmed) any of those kids.

Kentuckians don't run. It's not in their nature.

And by the laws of the Commonwealth, they don't have to.

Fuck with our kids and the law will be the least of your problems.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 11:48:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Here is the schools response...perhaps from Yesterday.

"The school is part of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Covington, and in a statement given to CNN affiliate WLWT, spokeswoman Laura Keener said the diocese would investigate the incident and take appropriate action.

"We condemn the actions of the Covington Catholic High School students towards Nathan Phillips specifically, and Native Americans in general, Jan. 18, after the March for Life, in Washington, D.C. We extend our deepest apologies to Mr. Phillips. This behavior is opposed to the Church's teachings on the dignity and respect of the human person.

"The matter is being investigated and we will take appropriate action, up to and including expulsion. We know this incident also has tainted the entire witness of the March for Life and express our most sincere apologies to all those who attended the March and all those who support the pro-life movement."

They automatically assumed that the kids were in the wrong.  Will they go back and apologize to the kids and accept that they screwed up believing the liberal media?

I hope Trump sees this and invites them to the White House.
View Quote
You read my mind!
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 12:01:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I was thinking about how this thing caught fire and I think the reason so many people bit is because the Diocese of Covington shit on them.
View Quote
People fell for it because they wanted to.

You could argue that a lifetime of leftist indoctrination caused their knees to start jerking the second they saw maga hat wearing white kids vs sacred brown man, but again, that's due to their own weakness, and desire to fit in with crowds.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 12:15:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

You could argue that a lifetime of leftist indoctrination caused their knees to start jerking the second they saw maga hat wearing white kids vs sacred brown man, but again, that's due to their own weakness, and desire to fit in with crowds.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep

They let their own biases take over. Yet, they tell us how biases are bad.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 12:21:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
Nailed it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 12:28:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
OP here...I got duped as well...I should have known better than to trust anything from CNN..

I feel bad for making this thread
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
More video has come out, and I'm somewhat shamed that I went with the original narrative at first, probably because I learned about this from a conservative media source who didn't question the context.  Having seen more of the events and the context, I would apologize for my earlier remark.
I got duped by the still image. Kid looked like a prick.

Old man with drum was probably committing acoustic assault. No different than an airhorn to the ear.
OP here...I got duped as well...I should have known better than to trust anything from CNN..

I feel bad for making this thread
Don't feel bad for the thread as a whole, it just started out on the wrong foot. It appears that you and others that were too quick to judge have come around though. The HivemindTM always seem to find the truth eventually.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 12:30:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Today (21 January 2019) Good Morning America was reasonably objective about this event and noted that people rushed to judgment and that a snippet of a video can portray events incorrectly.

It would have been nice if they had covered some of the relevant points raised in this thread but overall it was far more balanced than I expected from them.

The posts above discussed protests at the school is distressing.

It should be obvious to even liberals that Nick did nothing wrong and in reality he should be lauded for his calm response to an adult getting in his face.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 12:31:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 12:33:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
One of the real questions is why that group wasn’t posted up as the hateful, racist, hostile instigators.

Why was their behavior completely acceptable and simply background noise?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think the real question here is WTF is a "Black Hebrew Israelite"
One of the real questions is why that group wasn’t posted up as the hateful, racist, hostile instigators.

Why was their behavior completely acceptable and simply background noise?
Because only white people can be racist?
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 12:43:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 12:50:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Same.

Just for giggles I looked up a guy who I know had an outrage post about it last night.

Gone now.
View Quote
Same here.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 12:51:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Just a bunch of black and Indian racists.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 1:00:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 1:02:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Excellent point. Funny how that works.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 1:04:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I hope those kids get a huge payday. All of them.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 1:05:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I think both of you are correct.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is the Indian Activist even a Legit Vet. Perhaps someone should look into this.

He claimed to be a Vietnam "Era" Vet .... is that the same as being a Vietnam Vet.
It's a "sleight of hand" trick. He's trying to give the impression that he's a Vietnam vet simply through his use of the word "Vietnam" to indicate the period of time when he was in the military. If he's ever called on it, all he has to say is "No, I wasn't in Vietnam. I just served in that era."
IIRC, elsewhere he has said he did two tours.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 1:11:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He claimed to be a Vietnam "Era" Vet .... is that the same as being a Vietnam Vet.
It's a "sleight of hand" trick. He's trying to give the impression that he's a Vietnam vet simply through his use of the word "Vietnam" to indicate the period of time when he was in the military. If he's ever called on it, all he has to say is "No, I wasn't in Vietnam. I just served in that era."
you should go find that...
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 1:16:19 PM EDT
[#21]
No twitter account here, but this was on the #CovingtonCatholic feed.

Today, Adam Baldwin was pretty cool! He usually is.

"Adam Baldwin
Verified account
@AdamBaldwin
15m15 minutes ago
More
As publishers of the attacks against #CovingtonCatholic, are social media giants now liable?

Worth testing."
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 1:23:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 1:23:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
And then there is shit like this...we can all agree and  disagree when we duscuss topics about Balkanization, civil war II, Revolution, genocide, etc, on here.

These people fully know and understand  what they want.

.https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/9407/FB_IMG_1548075593727_jpg-815831.JPG
View Quote
In before 2minkey says you're being paranoid.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 1:26:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have only found him mentioning "Vietnam era" and "Vietnam times" in Vogue and from reports over the weekend. The Twitter thread-unwrap posted at the top of this page makes some good points about his age and possibly being deployed to Vietnam.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 2:04:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 2:08:30 PM EDT
[#26]
He didn't serve, lol @the gullible here
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 2:12:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Exactly. The posts below are the best examples of this in the thread. Not just conditioned responses but actually defending the conditioning.

bUT MuHLleNiALs

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nope,  we don't.

Too many people are worried about playing by the rules, how bad we would look, and fighting fair against an enemy that will show zero mercy and fight as dirty as it gets.
It's not the ideal, objectively rational behavior, but given limited information, it's natural human behavior to reflexively support your team.

That is what stands out to me. Set aside the posters who waited for the full story. Ask what groups and narratives 'conservatives' reveal themselves instinctively supporting in the absence of a full story. They are not even on their own side.
Exactly. The posts below are the best examples of this in the thread. Not just conditioned responses but actually defending the conditioning.

bUT MuHLleNiALs

Quoted:
Quoted:

He attends a private Catholic school in Kentucky and this was during a school trip. They're already talking about expelling him because it reflects so poorly on their school.

Wish people here could be a hair more objective instead of seeing the MAGA and instantly siding with the dipshit regardless of evidence.

Every other thread here is people bitching about cocky, entitled, smug millennials yet here you have a shining example of this very thing yet people instantly defend him because of his hat.

If he wasn't wearing the hat the thread would be filled with people talking about "knocking that smug condescending face into the next century."
Best post in the thread. I was about to post the same thing. Thay kid needed his teeth kicked in.
There are no millennials still in high school. These kids are Gen Z.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 2:27:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

"Native American Elder"

"Native American Activist"

Goes by his white mans name.

View Quote
On 14 April 1971, III MAF redeployed to Okinawa, and two months later the last ground troops, the 13,000 men of the 3d MAB, flew out from Da Nang.

Elder the Younger would have been 16 in 1971.  Claims he is 64.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 2:31:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Assploding some heads on fb asking why it was wrong for the kid to nonviolently stand and face his bully like gandi
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 2:34:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Thank God for services like 23and me outing fake native Americans. We will have less of this shit in the future.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 2:35:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Simply put, Phillips is a professional shit disturber and figured he had some easy targets in these kids.

The story only got legs because the media is so virulently racist and anti-Right.
View Quote
If there was no MAGA hat there would have been no story.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 2:42:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Follow this kid.

Link Posted: 1/21/2019 2:46:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Because only white people can be racist?
View Quote
Because it doesn’t fit the Lefts agenda

Because it doesn’t fit the Square Peg into a Round Hole.
So what do they do? They get a hammer......

This incident is the perfect example of that fact
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 2:47:23 PM EDT
[#35]
She will be fired and unable to find work as a writer, shortly.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 2:47:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
They’re going to preserve every tweet that defames these boys.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/1818/37C88279-2583-4B75-9A7B-AAA2CF7AD4C6_png-815529.JPG
View Quote
Jeepers, charge yer damn phone.

Link Posted: 1/21/2019 2:48:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They’re going to preserve every tweet that defames these boys.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/1818/37C88279-2583-4B75-9A7B-AAA2CF7AD4C6_png-815529.JPG

He’s just waiting till it gets to III% then he’ll fo.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 2:49:01 PM EDT
[#38]
nvmd
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 3:01:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 3:15:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Democrats are calling for the death of teenagers because of selective editing.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 3:16:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
 Phillips is a well-known Native American activist who was among those leading the Standing Rock protests in 2016-2017 against the construction of an oil pipeline in North Dakota.    
https://www.kxnet.com/news/bismarck-news/new-details-surrounding-teens-taunting-native-elder/1712894871
There's nothing new there. That's the same old bullshit they pushed in the beginning.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 3:18:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 3:19:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Everyone, including the NYT, is walking back their coverage, however they’re still letting the Lying sack of shit “veteran native” run his suck.  CNN is still sticking with it for now.

WAPO decided to write a piece on how horrible the Catholic Church was to Indians which is a tell they’re about to walk it back.

Jake Tapper is now tweeting the truth.

I hope these kids sue everyone.  They’ll easily win.
View Quote
CNN coming clean?
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 3:23:43 PM EDT
[#44]

Lets hope they go through with it, as well as going after the shitasses at his school.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 3:25:16 PM EDT
[#45]
As others have mentioned, his probable default fallback position is that he Served during the war, not in it. Kind of like him smacking two objects together inches in front of a kids face because he was trying to “defuse the situation”

I.E. some would interpret that as not technically lying...... it’s not that he’s known for that or anything
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 3:26:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Actually yes.  She really went in on the whole Native angle.  It was hilarious

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any tweets from Fauxcahontas?
Actually yes.  She really went in on the whole Native angle.  It was hilarious

What a dipshit.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 3:27:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I went there and replied with the full unedited video to all of them that i could find. At least people going there to actually do business will see the truth and not just the commies lies.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I went over to Fidelity Investments Facebook page and saw that the SJW assholes are demanding that they fire the kids mother. No one is calling them out for the lying commie assholes they are ??
I went there and replied with the full unedited video to all of them that i could find. At least people going there to actually do business will see the truth and not just the commies lies.
Join date, post count.  
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 3:37:43 PM EDT
[#48]
View Quote
NOT coming clean...spinning.

"Soon enough, the sound of a drum builds offscreen. Phillips, surrounded by several people with drums and cameras, enters the frame. The video captures Phillips as he walks into the crowd of bobbing teens.

"He came to the rescue," a voice is heard on the video."
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 3:44:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

"Soon enough, the sound of a drum builds offscreen. Phillips, surrounded by several people with drums and cameras, enters the frame. The video captures Phillips as he walks into the crowd of bobbing teens.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Well, hopefully many people were red-pilled because of this story
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 3:45:40 PM EDT
[#50]
According to wiki:

Phillips served in the U.S. military during the Vietnam War[1][6] in the Marine Corps[7] as a Recon Ranger

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nathan_Phillips_(activist)

I wish I was a USMC Recon Ranger.
Page / 21
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top