Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/13/2003 2:29:29 PM EDT
anyone ever put too much DAWN into their portable dishwasher? i ran out of the reg stuf, my wife went upstairs and it looked like stupid bobby brady washing clothes. water & suds all over. is it now junk? sorry it was not about beer, christmas party tnnight, i will try to get photos up when we get back. ps dont use too much.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 2:43:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/13/2003 2:44:03 PM EDT by Zaphod]
Yep! Happened to me the first week I was in my first apartment. Suds all over the friggin' place! Had a clean floor afterwards, though! [:D] NEVER made that mistake again... BTW, didn't do anything to the dishwasher. DID have to run "Rinse" a few times, though...
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 2:52:46 PM EDT
Happened to me a long time ago. No damage to the machine.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 4:21:58 PM EDT
It's not junk. You didn't break it. One thing tho...dishwasher soap is low sudsing for a very good reason. Just a little bit of the dishwashing liquid like Dawn makes lots of pretty bubbles. I'd of liked to have seen that...sort of like when ensign Pulver blew up the laundry. Oh...FWIW...I did it too once...just once. My missus damn neared killed me! [;D]
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 4:54:32 PM EDT
Never did it to a dishwasher, but about 20-22 years ago my best friends little brother didn't think the jaccuzzi had enough bubbles in it so he threw in 1/2 cup of Dawn. We bucketed bubbles outside for an hour, trying to get it cleaned up before his parents got home. No, we didn't make it, mostly because noone seemed to know how to shut the jaccuzzi off.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 5:06:21 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Wasted-life: Never did it to a dishwasher, but about 20-22 years ago my best friends little brother didn't think the jaccuzzi had enough bubbles in it so he threw in 1/2 cup of Dawn. We bucketed bubbles outside for an hour, trying to get it cleaned up before his parents got home. No, we didn't make it, mostly because noone seemed to know how to shut the jaccuzzi off.
View Quote
My brother did the dishwasher thing--mom called home and he was like "we made a mistake but don't worry, we cleaned it up." Yeah, like mom won't worry after hearing that! As for the jacuzzi, my wife and I spent the better part of an intimate night at a hotel learning the hard way that the jacuzzi makes plenty of bubbles without bubble bath...
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 5:12:22 PM EDT
Washing machines do the same thing, too. Don't ask how I know this. I just do.
Top Top