Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/12/2003 1:57:27 PM EDT
OK ARFCOMERS, i am currently looking to refinance. Whats the best way of finding the best deal on a refi mortgage. Dont know if it matters, but its a VA loan.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 2:03:41 PM EDT
[#1]
VA has a streamlined refi right now, all they check is to make sure that you have paid your payments on time. You should be around 5.5 to 6.0% without buying points.

Now this is a refi of your existing loan, if you are going to cash out some of your equity, I don't know what to tell you.

dave
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 2:18:02 PM EDT
[#2]
www.lendingtree.com
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 3:25:44 PM EDT
[#3]
giving lendingtree a try.
wish me luck
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 3:55:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Ask if you current lender can modify your loan for a fee. We did and shaved 1 1/2 percent off our loan for a 500 dollar fee and some paperwork. no need to do the title crap,just need to fill out some paperwork and get it notorized and it was done.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 4:02:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Talk to your current mortgage holder and shop around at other banks.

I told my current mortgage holder that I was looking to refinance and they offered to drop the rate one percent for a one time $500 fee.  This saved me about $2,200!

Also shop around at other banks and/or credit unions.

I tried LendingTree and did not have a good experience.  Only one bank offered a loan and the fees were very high.  I also got a TON of spam at the mail account I used.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 11:03:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Check into your local credit union. I shopped around, but they had the best deals.  It is also much easier to deal directly with a bank. Also, ask whether your loan is going to be sold to another outfit. That can be a real hassle for you. Watch out for points, fees, and PMI. Be sure to look at the total cost of the loan.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 11:09:33 PM EDT
[#7]
YOu might try Wiggy762...dunno if he covers AZ?

Anyways. Dig around and shop before you get your credit run.  Ask any broker or person doing your loan what points and fees they are charging you.  if you have questions, get a Good Faith estimate (they have to provide you with one) and post the #'s here and IM me i'll try and help.  
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 8:42:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
YOu might try Wiggy762...dunno if he covers AZ?

Anyways. Dig around and shop before you get your credit run.  Ask any broker or person doing your loan what points and fees they are charging you.  if you have questions, get a Good Faith estimate (they have to provide you with one) and post the #'s here and IM me i'll try and help.  
View Quote

Thanx Prof Evil. that is much appreciated.
Ill get  3-4 good faith est, and IM you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top