Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/10/2003 11:38:47 AM EDT
An hour or so ago there were only 82 hits on news.google.com on the ruling as it came up on the USA page.  Checking the links I found many of them not even to be about the ruling but about redistricting.

Checking now I find there is no story listed on the USA page.  Of course a search will turn up the stories, but just looking at the headlines you'd never know it happened.

Several others have reported that other media outlets have seemingly considered this story not very newsworthy this morning.

Ammendment One just took a big beating this morning and the media seems very quiet about it.

Time to get my tin-foil adjusted?
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 11:43:28 AM EDT
[#1]
[url]http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,105353,00.html[/url]

However, the story is entitled, "Supreme Court Upholds 'Soft Money' Limits".
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 11:43:41 AM EDT
[#2]
I got a shock jetser day-- do a search on google news for
"cops raid wrong house"
or
"police raid wrong house"

no listings found....
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 11:57:52 AM EDT
[#3]
it really does not matter, the govt cut the reins of control held by the people long ago
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 12:10:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
[url]http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,105353,00.html[/url]

However, the story is entitled, "Supreme Court Upholds 'Soft Money' Limits".
View Quote

BINGO!  Almost all the stories lead about the money angle.  The freedom of speech issue is given little (or no) play.

Given the fact that the media will now become the primary mouthpiece for political thught near an election at everyone elses expense, I can see why they would want to play it down.

[pissed]

Link Posted: 12/10/2003 12:45:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Dude, the broadcast and print media lost their role as primary mouthpeace for political thought to the Internet about 5 years ago.

This bill only makes the internet even more important and shortens the life expectancy of TV news. It won't be too many more years before the broadcast channels give up running news programs altogeather and become soly entertainment stations. News programs will be soley on satellite or cable-and will eventually transition to broadband. But they will simply be one vendor amongst many.

Only the Internet and Radio will be left, and Radio will survive only because Americans are wedded to their cars and you cannot browse and drive at the same time, but you can listen to audio and drive at the same time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top