User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 9:15:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
ar10er...
Maybe we could get NYpatriot to start a write in campaign for Oreilly?
View Quote

I'm truly flattered that you deem me capable & worthy of organizing a letter writing campaign aimed at O' Reilly, but frankly it would be wasted on him.

His dislike for & misunderstanding of "assault weapons" has been know of since his May 2002 Playboy interview, when he stated the same kind of ignorant crap about the Second Amendment not protecting the ownership of "high power machine guns"  & how "extremist" gun owners need to accept this fact & get a life (I'm paraphrasing from memory, but you get the gist).

At the time, many gun owners from the numerous Internet shooting forums sent him E-mails, faxes & left voice mails at Fox News in hopes that they might correct his misguided notions. It didn't do any good then, and it won't do any good now!

I say fuck O' Reilly in the ear!  Don't watch his show, don't buy books, and don't waste your time & effort sending him your opinion.

Instead, concentrate on substantive political action that might actually result in the AW ban going the way of the dinosaur.  Please, take full advantage of [url=www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=203989]The Essential End the AW Ban Contact List & Sample Letter Thread[/url] , and take this opportunity to write & send another barrage of letters to the people & organizations in the thread.  They matter, O'Reilly doesn’t!

[I]Let's keep our eyes on the prize folks... We hold the key to winning this fight. Use it![/I]    

View Quote

I did not know about the other write in campaigns to Oreilly, but, I did hear him say what you quoted him as saying. He has said other ignorant stuff on guns too.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 9:23:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
TRUTH, needs no convincing. You either have it, or are able to recognize it, or you don't/can't.

Like all things in life, it's JUST that easy...

Zaphod, I've been banging my head against the wall since the late sixties. I ain't a new comer to the fight, although I have gotten off the bus a few times.

If ya want niceties, there's plenty here who will oblige you.

I won't.

NO (more!!) COMPROMISE!!   [pissed]!!
View Quote

Sigh.....

Liberty, I'm not asking for niceties or compromise. What I'm asking you is to impart the wisdom you very obviously have acquired over all these years unto the next generation.

If you have been "banging your head against the wall since the sixties", then you have about twenty years on me. Rather than telling me that I'm too stupid to understand the truth, why not try to TEACH the truth?

View Quote

For the four millionth time, zaphod,....

When you vote for the "lessor of two evils", you still get evil.  (EVERY time buddy!!)

When you vote for Tweedely-dee, you GET Tweedely-dee!!

You MUST vote for the "best man". You MUST vote your conscience.

The vote is given you by your Lord, and those who fought for it.

How can you justify to THEM, your vote for the "lessor of two evils"???

Maybe YOU can......

[b]I[/b] cannot.
View Quote
You and others keep repeating this, but everytime someone asks for a specific candidate, all we get is generalities.

WHO is the best man running, please tell us.
View Quote

That's between YOU, and your conscience, or, your God Larry.

But I'll bet if you look, you'll find a better choice than a dem, or repub. Ain't hardly an ounce of difference between 'em, and you ALL know it!!

Here's who I'll look at first.

[url=http://www.constitutionparty.com/ustp-99p1.html]Constitution Party[/url]

And, don't give me the "can't get elected" bullshit. That's a tired old saw......[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 9:38:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I just sent this e-mail to O’Reilly:

Dear Mr. O’Reilly,

On a recent episode of The Factor, you made statements about the 1994 “Assault Weapons” ban that were simply incorrect.

Machine guns and bazookas are not the subject of the ’94 “Assault Weapons” ban; they have been heavily regulated since the National Firearms Act of 1934 and new machineguns have been banned outright since 1986. The “Assault Weapons” ban only deals with semi-automatic guns. Semi-automatic guns only fire one bullet every time the trigger is pulled; machine guns are fully-automatic, which means that they can fire many rounds with one pull of the trigger.

Also, the only differences between banned “Assault Weapons” and un-banned semi-automatic “Sporting” guns are cosmetic features. Banned guns fire the same ammunition used by un-banned guns, and are not any more “powerful.” In fact, banned rifles often fire ammunition much less powerful than common hunting rifles. Banned guns are certainly not any larger than un-banned guns. The only real differences between banned “Assault Weapons” and non-banned guns are cosmetic and ergonomic features, such as pistol grips and folding stocks, none of which have any effect on the power or other operational characteristics of the guns.

For more information about this, including the complete text of the 1994 law, go to this website:

http://awbansunset.com/whatis.html

I hope you air corrections to some of your earlier statements; your viewers deserve accurate information about this issue.

Thank you for your time,

Being insulting does no good. Also, we should keep in mind that most people know nothing about guns, and even less about "Assault Weapons."
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 9:41:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I guess we shouldn't tell him there are no laws governing possesion of flame throwers.

CW [pyro]
View Quote

Really? I thought they were covered by NFA '34 as well.
View Quote
nope its considered a Farm implament.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 9:43:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Dear Mr. O’Reilly,

On a recent episode of The Factor, you made statements about the 1994 “Assault Weapons” ban that were simply incorrect.

Machine guns and bazookas are not the subject of the ’94 “Assault Weapons” ban; they have been heavily regulated since the National Firearms Act of 1934 and new machineguns have been banned outright since 1986. The “Assault Weapons” ban only deals with semi-automatic guns. Semi-automatic guns only fire one bullet every time the trigger is pulled; machine guns are fully-automatic, which means that they can fire many rounds with one pull of the trigger.

Also, the only differences between banned “Assault Weapons” and un-banned semi-automatic “Sporting” guns are cosmetic features. Banned guns fire the same ammunition used by un-banned guns, and are not any more “powerful.” In fact, banned rifles often fire ammunition much less powerful than common hunting rifles. Banned guns are certainly not any larger than un-banned guns. The only real differences between banned “Assault Weapons” and non-banned guns are cosmetic and ergonomic features, such as pistol grips and folding stocks, none of which have any effect on the power or other operational characteristics of the guns.

For more information about this, including the complete text of the 1994 law, go to this website:

I hope you air corrections to some of your earlier statements; your viewers deserve accurate information about this issue.

Thank you for your time,

Being insulting does no good. Also, we should keep in mind that most people know nothing about guns, and even less about "Assault Weapons."
View Quote

Let us know what (if any) response you get.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 9:46:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dear Mr. O’Reilly,

Thank you for your time,

View Quote

Let us know what (if any) response you get.
View Quote

Can do!
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 12:51:26 AM EDT
[#7]
When I heard him (O'Reilly) on his radio show yesterday regarding the NRA and New Hampshire being gun friendly say "[i]If you want a bazooka in your living room they're down with that[/i] " I about ran off the road.

I got your "Bazooka" right here Billy.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 1:15:51 AM EDT
[#8]
I imagine if even 1/2 of the people here emailed him about his errors we would at least get a little air time in the viewer mail segment. Though being the horses ass he is i doubt he will actually admit he is full of sh1t.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 5:44:22 AM EDT
[#9]
I thought Pauls letter was well written, and he has DAMN GOOD bonafides. I'd be interested to see if anyone gets a response from this neo-con propagandist...
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 6:39:26 AM EDT
[#10]
I sent this e-mail to O'Reilly early this morning, before logging on here:

Dear Mr. O'Reilly,

The "Assault Weapons Ban" has nothing to do with private ownership of "bazookas" or "machine guns" as you implied last night.  The sale/possession of these items has been under federal control since the implementation of the National Firearms Act of 1934.  With the investigative resources at your disposal, there's simply no excuse for you to continue to spread disinformation.  I would expect this from CNN, but not from Bill O'Reilly.

The firearms covered by the "Assault Weapons Ban" are in fact nothing more than semi-automatic variants of military firearms.  Many firearms enthusiasts prefer them due to their simplicity of operation, reliability, and cosmetic appeal.  They are in fact, less powerful than many common sporting arms.  It may also interest you to know that edged weapons are used to commit crimes far more frequently than are these firearms.

You, Mr. O'Reilly, have a responsibility to your audience to arm yourself with the facts.

Respectfully,

(name and town)
View Quote

There are many advocating a boycott of O'Reilly, but I don't agree with that idea - yet.  Bill O'Reilly has two things we need, a large audience and a big mouth.  I've heard him admit that he was wrong and change his position before.  Let's [i]try[/i] to educate him and get him on our side.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 6:44:24 AM EDT
[#11]
I agree with cookie. O'Reilly has admitted to being wrong before. This is much better than any of the other talking heads.

How about the Long Island crew send Billy an invitation to their next shoot?
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 6:50:03 AM EDT
[#12]
I'll be watching tonight to see if any of us get air time.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 6:54:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'll be watching tonight to see if any of us get air time.
View Quote

Same here.  I'm predicting that he'll read mine since I'm clearly the best-looking. [;)]
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 4:34:50 PM EDT
[#14]
He's on now, let's see if he mentions it at the end of the show...
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 5:01:01 PM EDT
[#15]
He gave it 7 seconds of coverage...

He said his comments "were just a joke"...

Ha, ha...[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 5:01:20 PM EDT
[#16]
He came on with one email on the bazooka comment.

He said he was just being facetious, implying that all guns were the same to Dean.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 5:05:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Said his bazooka comment came as a facetious reply to Dean's original stand on guns (Reilly says Dean didn't care what people had).  Reilly's a dope.  Don't ever expect him to be OK with "so-called assault weapons" nor with the idea of government tyranny.  He's "above" that sort of mentality, which makes him incapable of having the slightest intellectual sympathy with our founding fathers.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top