Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/8/2003 10:34:36 PM EDT
I plan to build an accurized National Match rifle with a bunch of USGI NM parts gathered over the past year. I just found the USGI Saco-Lowell NM barrel I'll be using and want to go with an Armscorp reciever. I'll be having it built according to NM specs, so should I get the Armscorp M14 NM or the M21? I know the difference is only the markings, which one do you vote for?

I like the idea of having the M14 NM cause the Barrel will have the NM markings ect....
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 3:47:02 AM EDT
Get yourself an LRB receiver and send it to Smith for a build...LRB is the only forged receiver made in the USA
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 4:38:01 PM EDT
Avoid Armscorp at all lengths.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 4:50:45 PM EDT
Why avoid Armscorp? I'm avoiding LRB with a passion. Been there done that, had it taken away by BATF just because it had the connector rod and corresponding cut on the receiver! What's a good (decent) M14/M1A receiver to build up a National Match rifle with?? I won't even consider a PRC rifle/reciever. I don't know if Springfield sells stripped recivers and I won't touch an Entreprise after the headaches with a FAL build.....
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 4:55:43 PM EDT
The new LRB receivers are approved by the BATF. I saw the copy of the approval letter at Battlerifles.com Good info over there.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 5:09:39 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 5:13:34 PM EDT
Yes, SA sells one or two lugged receivers only. Armscorp is a POS brand, no offense to those who like them. Cheap guns, made with cheap labor, using cheap engineering & cheap materials. As bad or worse than Lorcin/Jennings/etc.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 5:30:33 PM EDT
Originally Posted By BobCole: Yes, SA sells one or two lugged receivers only. Armscorp is a POS brand, no offense to those who like them. Cheap guns, made with cheap labor, using cheap engineering & cheap materials. As bad or worse than Lorcin/Jennings/etc.
View Quote
Are you perhaps thinking of Armscor, as in the Phillipine company? I have not heard anything bad about Armscorp USA apart from customer service. How much does the Springfield stripped M1A receiver sell for?
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 4:47:08 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Scht0nk: Are you perhaps thinking of Armscor, as in the Phillipine company? [blue]Yes, I am. Sorry if if I confused the two.[/blue] How much does the Springfield stripped M1A receiver sell for? [blue]I would imagine in the $700-800 range. Hit SA's web site & they should list MSRP. Actual retail is usually 10-20% less.[/blue]
View Quote
Top Top