Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/8/2003 7:24:35 PM EDT
Hi folks,

Need advise on which Danner boot to get for hunting. The "Canadian" looks good but heavy. I prefer all leather uppers cause you can grease/Dubbin them and I've never had a leather boot that stayed waterproof without getting greased, no matter who the manufacturer or what they claimed. This is for muskeg/ sub-arctic but no worse than -15 deg., but plenty of above zero and usually wet.
Has anyone tried a military style for that type of hunting?
They show a style called "Sharptail covey", which has no laces but a zipper up the back. While I can't see this zipper being reliable enough and waterproof to substitute for laces, it would be welcome if it were because without taping or pants cuffs that can be cinched, the brush always snags and undoes lace knots eventually.
The hunting forum was all about hunting and not gear to I hope this is the best posting spot. TIA
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 7:41:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I heared someone on another site griping about the airbob sole on the canadian.

I think if I were you I would look at this one.

[url]http://www.danner.com/products.asp?catid=12&prodid=1658[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top