Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/7/2003 7:12:43 PM EDT
I'm looking for a quality, affordable compact (concealable) .45 ACP. I've been looking at a Springfield model advertised in CDNN for $499, but I also like what I've heard about the Para-Ord LDA. What's a good one, not too expensive?
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 7:36:45 PM EDT
[#1]
In a compact .45ACP, I would look at the Glock 30/36. They're more reliable than the Para Ordanance guns, and the 1911 was designed as a 5" gun - the compact versions just don't compare in terms of reliability.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 7:37:08 PM EDT
[#2]
i have a Springfield Ultra compact as my everyday carry gun. I like it but from what i have heard they are hit or miss on quality. i got a good one.

For the record the springfirld replaced my Glock 30 that kb'd. It's been 100% reliable. the only differnce in fullsize is barrell length for velocity. Same with the g30. I also know of SEVERAL kimber CDP's down here that have never had a reliability issue.

mike
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 7:46:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top