Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 6:15:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Well it mostly seems that love is more important than beauty. I appreciate the opinions. I am insecure and will have to work on that. When I was 15 (when we met) I was a hotty and of course it changes when you hit your 20's. I guess what I am saying is he looks so damn good now that I feel even more insecure. Thanks for the advice guys!
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 6:21:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Weight is very important to me.  A girl has to be skinny.  That is just me.  Luckily I keep myself in pretty good shape so I can demand it.
If a girl is 5'5" and over 120 I won't date her.
The two girls I'm seeing right now.

One is 5'3" and about 102lbs and the other is
5'6" and 108.

Both have brown hair which is also a must for me.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 6:23:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Man this is a complicated topic...

Many men like women who have "a little" meat on their bones.  I don't like a super skinny chick, I want some curvy legs, big butt, etc. but no gut hanging over the pants please.  

The funny thing is, fat women will use the fact that men might prefer a 130-140 lb woman over a 90 lb woman as justification for them weighting 200+.

Here's the thing, men want a woman to look good.  And that is possible for a wide range of weights.  If you dress nice and don't look like a slob, that will help make up for a few extra pounds.  For example, if you have a gut hanging over your pants, please do not wear low cut jeans and a short shirt.  

You ask "is love enough?" Well, enough for what?  To stay together, maybe.  To keep him attracted to you, not so much.  To keep him having sex with you, no.

By the way, from what you say, it leads me to believe you may be packing a bit more pounds than you're leading on.  In my experience people who say they could "lose 10 lbs" really need to lose 30.  And regarding "if I got to be 300 lbs. if it would start to matter", maybe that was an exaggeration... but yeah, at 300 lbs it would be waaaay beyond "starting to matter".  It depends on your build but a guy is going to start to have issues with your weight at least by 160lbs (border line), a lot by 200lbs (danger Will Robinson!! Danger danger danger!!) and if he's still with you at 300, he either 1) Loves you very very very much, 2) Has a fetish for fat chicks, 3) Is too pussy to do anything about it, or 4) Is banging other women behind your back.  
View Quote

I'm built I guess like the singer "Pink", yet not as heavy as Stevie Nicks. I'm not obese. Trust me.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 6:35:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I like them with about 20 pounds more on them than Hollywood types but I am going to choose a woman based on more than her weight and hair color.
How shallow some men are.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 6:39:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, the most recent pictures I have seen of pink...were pretty nice...

Anway, I dont like a muscular chick, I dont like a skinny chick, and I dont like a fat chick.  They have to be just right.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 6:42:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm built I guess like the singer "Pink", yet not as heavy as Stevie Nicks. I'm not obese. Trust me.
View Quote

I'll take yer word for it!  Just stay well away from 300!!!!
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 7:04:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I'll take yer word for it!  Just stay well away from 300!!!!
View Quote

Well it's more likely for me to become anerexic rather than 300 lbs. Plus, I told hubby to never let me get that big or I would just commit suicide. [;)]
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 7:59:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Fat bottom girls make the rockin' world go 'round"

Who sings that?

View Quote

Queen.
View Quote

Freddy Mercury. And he was GAY!
View Quote

guess he probably thought a butt was a butt was a butt....

lol
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 8:04:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Fat bottom girls make the rockin' world go 'round"

Who sings that?

View Quote

Queen.
View Quote

Thanks, you da man.  Hey, you ever put that 30 rd. mag to use?
View Quote

Hey bro, start your own thread! [;)]
View Quote

I apologize for that.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 8:04:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
My wife has been both way too skinny and sort of overweight (post babies).  Honestly it really hasn't mattered to me.  I've loved her the same.  I actually prefer her a little heavier and curvier.

You want to know the secret for guys?  It's more how you act than anything else.  If you are confident, and act sexy,  your guy will find you sexy. If you act all self conscious and constantly complain about being fat, your guy will get fed up pretty fast.

Of course there are always limits,  if my wife were to get obese, or worse, I'd be concerned for her and maybe try to help her lose weight but that's a different issue.

Just love your husbands, and be sexy for them and your weight shouldn't be an issue.

Crashburnrepeat
View Quote

This pretty much says it all, it's more about attitude than anything else.....a little more 'meat' just makes a better cushin for the pushin'!![;D]
View Quote

damn, azman - looks like you got to use the "cushion for the pushin'" line before i did.... congrats [:D]

also, crashburnrepeat's got it down: i tell you this, if you're overweight and your hubby still gets morningsex/hummers/nooners/etc., he's probably not gonna care too terribly much about a few pounds.  on the other hand, if you're too caught up with your figure to notice that you've got a hubby around, watch for him to really head for the bar (liberty86 - your post made me laugh my arse off!).
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 8:23:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Most overweight women tend to look sloppy, (wal-mart women).
View Quote

[lol] there is more truth to that statement than most people will realize...

View Quote

some of the most disgusting women in the world can be found in the wal-mart in aransas pass, tx (styk - you gonna back me up on this one?).  fat/thin?  doesn't matter.  sloppy?  understatement of the friggin' decade.  how bout trashy?  also an understatement.

on a somewhat-related note, i wonder how playboy is coming on that women of wal-mart issue?

[ROFL2], then [puke]
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 8:27:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Will he love you less? Probably not. Will he be attracted to you. more than likly no. You'll notice the changes. All of sudden he'll never want to have sex anymore and he seems to be spending a lot of time on the computer late at night when you are asleep.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 8:36:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Liberty,
He has already looked as we banged the hell out of each other during my visit.
View Quote

Ha ha, atta girl.  Just keep [i]that[/i] up and there shouldn't ever be a problem.

Also, way to come back from liberty's zinger (which, tho I wouldn't want to speak for him, was in all likelihood somewhat of a joke, folks).  When fired upon, for God's sake - fire back.  Good advice - both on these boards and in life, in general.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 8:40:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Just don't become an uppety nagging bitch.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 9:22:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Liberty,
View Quote

Ha ha, atta girl.  Just keep [i]that[/i] up and there shouldn't ever be a problem.

Also, way to come back from liberty's zinger (which, tho I wouldn't want to speak for him, was in all likelihood somewhat of a joke, folks).  When fired upon, for God's sake - fire back.  Good advice - both on these boards and in life, in general.
View Quote

You sound like someone I know from Nemo, Tx.

(that's a compliment, of course)
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 10:01:04 PM EDT
[#16]
There is overweight and there is obese.

A girl with some curves and a few pounds overweight can still be attractive. A girl who is 300LBS is obese, which is disgusting.

Link Posted: 12/7/2003 10:02:53 PM EDT
[#17]
I like skinny chicks myself.

Mainly because I myself am skinny as hell, about 6 ft, 140ish.

:/

Damn metabolism.

Link Posted: 12/7/2003 10:10:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
My wife and Daughter often ask me if they look fat. Neither one is. When My Son finished Navy basic my future Daughter in law saw how fit he was she started working out. If my Wife got really heavy I would be concerned for her health. I would still love her but would hope she wouldn't let herself go. There is more to a relationship than just physical appearance. Be secure in yourself. Take care of yourself and no I don't think you have anything to worry about. How's that from a guy that been married for 25yrs. BobK
View Quote
Good work BobK!![beer]
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 12:17:49 AM EDT
[#19]
I would say it depends on how overweight. I think that most women think they are too heavy when they really arn't. You can't compare the average women to models on magazine covers and actresses on tv. But, their is a point that being overweigh (fat) starts to be a real turnoff no matter how much your in love. Ten pounds over weight is nothing and it's probably just ten pounds you would like to lose to get to what you would consider ideal, not really ten pounds overweight. On the other hand if you start even thinking of 300 or even 200 for most women thats a problem, both for looks and health. I have several friends whose wives went from nice bodies at around 125 up to and maybe a little over 200 after having children. One told his wife a year later lose the weight or lose him (that was a cold way to put it, I was their and I cringed). She didn't lose the weight and he didn't go anywhere, after all he was married with children. When she got over 225 their sex life ended though, they both were bitching to me about it. I have seen people break up and or get divorced over 100lbs but never anything under 30-40 unless it was 30-40 every 10 years. I don't think you have anything to worry about but it probably would be a great suprize for your husband if he is gone awhile and the next time he sees you (I read something about going away for a year) your looking the best he has ever seen.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 12:49:55 AM EDT
[#20]
A little weight is good!!! I like my women thick. Not obese but buttery soft and smooth. I dont like to see any rib bones or hip bones or collar bones sticking out and looking like pics of malnutrition victims. Example; Linda Hamilton is 100 times sexier in Terminator than she is in T2. I would not hit it in T2. Nothing there but bones.     I agree with some other posts here that attitude is #1. It is hard for any man not to like a woman who tries to seduce him and sex him up all the time. It makes us feel like the irresistable studs that our ego's tell us we are.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 1:04:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Liberty,
View Quote

View Quote

You sound like someone I know from Nemo, Tx.

(that's a compliment, of course)
View Quote

As long as I've lived in this state (whole life) and as "around it" as I've been, I've never even [i]heard[/i] of Nemo, Tx.  Looked on MapQuest, though, and saw it was close to both the DFW area and to Brady (in Central Tx), which is where my wife is from.

BTW, JustAGirl - plenty of beyoo-tyful women in Texas: some of em skinny, some of em huge, but most of em just perfectly in between (there's a joke in there somewhere, too, but I ain't gonna bother to root it out).....
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 2:26:26 AM EDT
[#22]
I love to see the collarbones of chics.  If I can see those I know the rest will be good. [:D]
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 3:58:04 AM EDT
[#23]
My wife is 5'7" and 130lbs.

Very yummy.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 4:48:27 AM EDT
[#24]
I don't think it matters much if women are overweight. I've loved my wife through ups and downs, thin or heavy.  However, my wife of 25 years and I have been dieting since August. She has lost 40lbs and I have lost 67lbs.  We both now have the energy to enjoy life more and let's just say that everything is a heck of a lot more fun.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 5:01:27 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
What bothers me most are the BBW. They themselves have the most obnoxious attitude about being FAT (they call it voluptuous). And it's not so much their weight that bothers me, it's their attitude. It's extremely ugly.
View Quote

Yeah, but some of them wake up. Even Camryn Manheim dropped a ton of weight- good for her, even after proclaiming her BBWness to be a positive thing. Methinks the BBW stridency is mostly overcompensation for insecurity about being a tub o' lard. Nobody in their right mind wants to be fat, but most fat people have just given up.

Of course, I am also a member of Weight Watchers, which might influence my views on this. I have seen some people (incl. myself) lose huge amounts of weight, transform themselves, and KEEP the weight off through it. It can be done, in 98% of fat people, but fat makes lazy, so, most of them literally feel they can't get up off their duff to do something about it.

Every January, WW meetings fill up with all the women and men doing the New Year's resolution to lose weight. Some stay, a lot don't, which is unfortunate, but they've convinced themselves they can't do anything about their condition, other than drown their sorrows in another donut....

With all the fat people out there, no wonder we're such a limp-wristed, supine nation nowadays...[V]
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 5:06:27 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I am shallow and do not like fat women.
So yes it matters. And my wife is not fat.
View Quote

You mean ---- not yet. [:)]
Talk to me in 20 years.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 5:25:26 AM EDT
[#27]
"If you really loved me you'd love me no matter how much I weighed or what I looked like"

You know what the response to this is?
"If YOU really loved ME you wouldn't look like a 300 lb troll"

It's such a crock of shit all this weight nonsense in this country.  Fat people, other than those with an injury, are lazy.  Period.  I have never met a fat active person.  Ever.  I see some of our resident lard-asses around here claiming the opposite, but it's not the case.

Put down the ring-dings & hohos, get on a treadmill for 30 minutes a day, and you won't be fat.  The choice to be fat or thin is simply about self-control & discipline.  Nothing more or less.

I have dated fat chicks, I've gotten drunk & fucked fat chicks.  For the most part that's what fat chicks are there for.  They roll around, crying how nobody will see the beautiful person they are inside (which they never are, they are generally sarcastic, bitter, cynical people that don't give one iota about their health), and all the while drown their sorrows in a gallon of chocolate whole milk.

I would never be able to marry a fat woman, because the type of woman I like would never get fat.  I'm into ACTIVE stuff, and if you want to keep up you better be too.  I like bicycling, running, lifting weights, playing tennis, playing soccer, etc.  If a woman is going to spend time with me she's going to have to enjoy those things to, or she's going to get her fat-ass left behind.

Most guys that claim they don't mind living with the dumptruck of love simply have no room to complain.  They themselves have gotten (or always were) fat, so they don't feel like it's fair to bitch about her being a tubbo.

With all of that said, I don't like the 12 year old girl look that many guys today seem drawn to.  The are just no goddamn fun in bed.  TXlewis is way off on this one.  Give me a 35 year old woman that's got some curves on her body over some 19 year old stick any day.  I've had both, and the experienced curvy woman wins hands down every time.  Physical attractiveness to me is about what's going to be good in bed, guys that date sticks are more concerned with what their friends think.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 5:33:12 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Fat people, other than those with an injury, are lazy.  Period.  I have never met a fat active person.  Ever.
View Quote

I have. And I'm not a "resident lardass"  (I don't weigh myself, but I do wear size 1 jeans).

My best friend is over weight and is an EMT who could probably life you off the ground and give you the Heimlich with zero trouble. She live in a third floor condo and can get up the stairs faster than I can and without getting winded. She bikes and eats healthy.

So never say never, my friend.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 5:36:52 AM EDT
[#29]
Are we talking 5, 10, 50 or 100 pounds?
An extra 100 pounds.... no way.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 5:42:53 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fat people, other than those with an injury, are lazy.  Period.  I have never met a fat active person.  Ever.
View Quote

I have. And I'm not a "resident lardass"  (I don't weigh myself, but I do wear size 1 jeans).

My best friend is over weight and is an EMT who could probably life you off the ground and give you the Heimlich with zero trouble. She live in a third floor condo and can get up the stairs faster than I can and without getting winded. She bikes and eats healthy.

View Quote

OK. I will never say: "The EMTs will be around to render those same services she offers on her someday, because her heart couldn't keep up with such a stressful job and being overweight."
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 5:46:54 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Reading comprehension.  I have never met a fat active person.  What part of that are you not getting?  I have also NEVER been to the moon, or France, or jumped out of an airplane, or fired a .50 BMG, or owned a machinegun, or cut off a toe.....see where this is going?  It's in the past, you can ALWAYS say NEVER about things in the past.  It doesn't mean I WON'T do any of those things, it means that I NEVER have.  I may fly to the moon in a rocketship that takes off from France carrying my brand new M16 so I can go fire a .50 BMG in space and cut off a toe landing with me parachute.  I think the liklihood of doing that is greater than meeting a fat active person, but that's not really the point here...
I have NEVER met your fat strong friend.
Running 3 flights of stairs isn't that big a deal if you live there.  I bet she can't do 5 without keeling over.  And simply "biking" isn't really excercise.  You can plop a fatass on a bike & send them off at a snails pace & they'll never lose an ounce.  In many cases these tubos would be better off walking at the pace they bike.  At least walking you can't coast down a hill.  Bicycles weren't invented as excercise equipment, they were invented to make it EASIER to travel.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 5:51:45 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
This may sound shallow, but I'm not sticking around if my wife weighs more than I do.
View Quote

If I followed this policy I would be in trouble.  I weight 130#, must of the ladies I meet that I'm interested in weight a little more than I do...
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 6:02:12 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes it matters if the woman is overweight.  Some guys are no good with women and they take what they can get.  Other guys have higher standards.

As for Pink...

[img]http://www.showbizireland.com/images/stars/pink-gig03.jpg[/img]

I'd say she looks pretty good, but if I had a woman that weighed like she did I would encourage her to drop a few pounds.  Pink is pretty close to my borderline limit of acceptibility.  This will give me a little leeway if she gains some weight later on, at least I have some breathing room.  As Pink looks in that photo, she doesn't have much breathing room.

But you're asking about YOUR HUSBAND, not my tastes.  So maybe your husband likes extra weight on a woman there's nothing wrong with that.  Or maybe he prefers skinny chicks, but has low standards for a woman's weight, or maybe there's something else about a woman that he cares about more than the gal's weight.

I'll also echo Norman's sentiments.  A few months ago I hooked up with this woman...definately not fat, but not skinny either and she was completely confident and comfortable with her body.  She's such a sexy little minx!  Then there was this younger gal...such a tight beautiful little body.  Oh my she was cute.  But she was self-conscious about it, shy, didn't want me looking at her too intently.  BIG TURN OFF.  Attitude can compensate for ALOT, but I'd say my cut off, for a woman who is 5' 4" would be around 150 where you're getting to the point where attitude won't cut it anymore.

If I ever get married, I'll be sure to include a clause in the pre-nup that makes the terms much more favorable to me if the woman ever gets above a certain upper weight limit.  I'd consider that kind of weight gain a breach-of-contract.  And before you people call me a shallow cave man, I'll inform you that I would put an exception in the contract for pregnancy and a 1-year grace period after she gives birth for her to get back in shape.  See, I can be reasonable!

-Nick Viejo.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 6:07:40 AM EDT
[#34]
As of yet no one has said this so here goes...
If ya need to purchase stock in flour and roll her in it to find the wet spot, ya got a problem.[shock]

Other than that a few pounds means "love handles" to hold onto. [naughty]
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 6:11:26 AM EDT
[#35]
Mrs. Goblin has just informed me that she weighs 132lbs. Even better. Yum Yum. I like 'em with curves and a little meat on their bones!
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 6:13:41 AM EDT
[#36]
3 words........ NO FAT CHICKS!

anymore questions? --RR
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 6:17:19 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Skin-and-bone chicks are just as bad.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 6:32:00 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Skin-and-bone chicks are just as bad.
View Quote

I'm glad you feel that way. It leaves more tight butts for me... [:D]
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 7:11:16 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Talk to me in 20 years.
View Quote

In this day and age, I will look for a good deal
on a trade in.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 7:40:39 AM EDT
[#40]
It's all proportional. My wife is 5'7" and weighs 132lbs. That's perfect in my eyes. She could vary as much as 5-10lbs. either way and still be fine.

I once dated a girl that was 6' tall and weighed 160lbs. She was in no way overweight.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 7:47:48 AM EDT
[#41]
In all honesty I think it is just like the guys have said here, I started dating my GF and she weighed 105, i mean skinny skinny,
I actually didn't like it (not her, I think she is gourgeous), I would end up w/ bruises from her bony frame.

and now after a couple of years of grain feeding (not really but encouraging her to eat more, feeding her good home cooking.)

she is up now to a bill twenty five,
and I think she is perfect,

but at this point she could get in a car wreck and be nothing but a head in a jar a'la futurama and I would still love her,

as long as there are not potential health problems, which is what I would worry about.

so no JustAGirl keep keep giving it to him right, and let his reactions to you be your guide.

Link Posted: 12/8/2003 7:55:36 AM EDT
[#42]
Yes
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 8:17:52 AM EDT
[#43]
I could live with a few extra pounds (after all, I am not in the best shape myself), but I could not handle really obese.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 8:38:06 AM EDT
[#44]
I think some women are naturally heavy? most
women turn into their mothers when they get older, so if the mother is very heavy, chances
are the daughter will be very similiar when she gets older.

Im very turned off by heavy women in general,
you can tell which women will be fat later just
by the shape of their figure when they are young and the facial shape, bone structure, etc. Young women that already have big thighs and hips at a young age will only get bigger
and fatter as they age.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 8:43:42 AM EDT
[#45]
Put out.......
or at least offer too
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 9:03:09 AM EDT
[#46]
To me, I agree with Hineline- More important not to become a uppity nagging bitch.
Mine stuck with me when I weighed 418 pounds, so I have no room whatsoever to complain. To put that in perspective though, I could still dunk a basketball when I got up to 355 for the first time. A bit lighter now.
She used to wheigh 105, and I felt like I was gonna break something, much better around 135.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 9:15:12 AM EDT
[#47]
A little fluctuation is ok and probably not of much concern.  Gaining 50+ lbs would probably not only be noticed, it might cause wondering eyes.  If it caused more than that I couldn't say, but it would not be a happy thing.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 9:27:09 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Mine stuck with me when I weighed 418 pounds, so I have no room whatsoever to complain. To put that in perspective though, I could still dunk a basketball when I got up to 355 for the first time. A bit lighter now.
View Quote

Hell, I'm a 5'11" white boy and could dunk a basketball until I blew my knee out in a motorcycle race.

What are you, 6'8" or something?
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 9:33:41 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Talk to me in 20 years.
View Quote

In this day and age, I will look for a good deal
on a trade in.
View Quote

[ROFL2][ROFL2][ROFL2][ROFL2][ROFL2][ROFL2][ROFL2]
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 9:46:38 AM EDT
[#50]
W-G, No, only 6'3". Until I hit 325, two handed 360's were no problem. Mostly white boy. Part AK native.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top