Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/28/2003 5:32:04 PM EDT
Did "Nard" ever exist?  I watched that movie today for God knows how many times.  It was on the "True" Channel. I like Emery (sp).  I know many things went sideways during the conflict.  I remember Walter Cronkite saying how many dead Gooks there should be.  I also remember they collected their dead.  We never really new.  We bombed the shit out of the country.  Emery (sp) said they were killing them wholesale at Gloria.  Did that happen?  
Link Posted: 11/29/2003 12:06:56 AM EDT
[#1]
You mean Firebase Gloria?  And that's Ermey [;)]
Link Posted: 11/29/2003 12:19:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes there was a Firebase Gloria. There were dozens of events like Gloria during the war. As long as America was in the fight, the NVA and VC could not win a battle. They had some success, but we'd always blow them back across the border. We LOVED it when they bunched up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top