BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 15
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 11:20:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This needs to not suck and get imported to the US, unless it does suck, then it can stay overseas.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/173129/BDDE0A3D-3BAC-4AEB-B0DD-FC19B2172AA2-884804.jpg
View Quote
Interesting.

Originally designed for a shotgun.

Docter QUICKsight 5.0 VR Red Dot Sight review
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 11:30:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Back in my day we used Irons
View Quote
Well we are all older now with failing eyesight so we'll take whatever "unfair advantage" we can get.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 11:42:07 PM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 3/20/2019 11:54:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote
Lol
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 12:21:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Take a pic of dot with camera.

If its crisp - it's you.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So I put my first RMR on a G22 today and the dot resembles a bird shot pattern. Is this me or did I get a bad RMR?
Take a pic of dot with camera.

If its crisp - it's you.
I forgot about that it's definitely me.  The strange thing is the dot only starts to distort as I pull the RMR away from my eye at full arms length it looks like a bunch of dots.  up close it's solid.....getting old sucks.
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 12:30:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What Fooboy said
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This needs to not suck and get imported to the US, unless it does suck, then it can stay overseas.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/173129/BDDE0A3D-3BAC-4AEB-B0DD-FC19B2172AA2-884804.jpg
Quoted:
Details?
What Fooboy said
Just search Noblex Glock MOS red dot. It's designed specifically for the MOS, low profile as fuck. If it's as durable as the testing says, it's a slick piece of kit for sure.
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 12:49:35 AM EDT
[#7]
I've got an rm06 sitting here waiting to get out on my 19x. Don't know which company to go with for milling. Also, is there a company that will just coat the cut area if I want to keep the peanut butter PVD stock color slide?
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 12:51:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Any recommendations for an outfit to mill a 1911 slide?

Wait, my LW Commander has a Novak rear.  How well does the Novak cut mount work?
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 4:15:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Just search Noblex Glock MOS red dot. It's designed specifically for the MOS, low profile as fuck. If it's as durable as the testing says, it's a slick piece of kit for sure.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Details?
What Fooboy said
I would really like to see one in person. It does seem to be slick and possibly a “need it”.
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 7:25:03 AM EDT
[#10]
I did some experimentation and found that my first time out, I was already slightly faster on the draw with an RMR than I was with irons, and follow up shots were faster by 25%. Now practicing dryfire and dot torture to see what improvements I can make.
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 7:38:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/21/2019 7:38:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I've got an rm06 sitting here waiting to get out on my 19x. Don't know which company to go with for milling. Also, is there a company that will just coat the cut area if I want to keep the peanut butter PVD stock color slide?
View Quote
Maple Leaf Firearms.
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 7:44:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
How much are they?
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 7:54:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
How much are they?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How much are they?
MSRP is 500 Euros.  I've seen it listed on a couple of European sites for 429 and 469.  So probably end up around $500 if it ever gets imported.
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 7:56:26 AM EDT
[#15]
I just bought my first handgun rds and am excited to test it out.

Link Posted: 3/21/2019 8:05:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
I had Parker Mountain Machine do the work for my VP9. Very good work. They will do an epoxy over the cut which I had done.
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 1:36:37 PM EDT
[#17]
That is very interesting.... see what happens when you one of the last ones to conform.....

cooler shit shows up.... maybe...
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 2:51:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I forgot about that it's definitely me.  The strange thing is the dot only starts to distort as I pull the RMR away from my eye at full arms length it looks like a bunch of dots.  up close it's solid.....getting old sucks.
View Quote
Try a Burris FastFire3

IDK why, but the RMRs always look like a bloom, but my FF is actually nice and crisp comparatively and I have awful astigmatism.  I don't have an explanation for why, it just is.
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 5:45:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Dry-fire practice had markedly improved presentation and therefore speed.

I am very glad to have gone to RMRs.
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 12:13:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Try a Burris FastFire3

IDK why, but the RMRs always look like a bloom, but my FF is actually nice and crisp comparatively and I have awful astigmatism.  I don't have an explanation for why, it just is.
View Quote
RMR's are way more durable than most others out there. a little more money, but well worth the extra $$$ from a quality and durability standpoint
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 1:11:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Got to try my new to me G34 and new RM06 yesterday, did a quick and shitty bore sight in the living room then hit the range. This is what i got didn't make any adjustments as I was just shooting cheap range ammo, first time ever shooting a red dot on a pistol and only the second time I've shot a pistol in probably a year.

Target was about 10 yards
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 1:36:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Looking for a compact Glock with RMR. In a 10 round state

G26
G43x
or
G43 and go with Taran Mag extensions?
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 2:55:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

RMR's are way more durable than most others out there. a little more money, but well worth the extra $$$ from a quality and durability standpoint
View Quote
Oh, I get that for sure, but I'm just saying that RMR dots look like shit to me, and the Burris doesn't, YMMV.
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 7:31:58 AM EDT
[#24]
Because of this thread,
MOS and RMR
I ordered last night

The acronyms throw off the look but it still works.

G19.4 MOS off the EE ($500), and type 2 RM01 from grabagun for $400.
I was kind of leaning towards the rm06 but couldn't pass up the 01 at that price.

I'm thinking about getting the c&h Gen 3 RMR plate since it seems to increase the security of the mount and take the place of the sealing plate;
Does anybody have any experience with these? Does it increase the security of the mount or should I just buy a sealing plate and use the MOS plate?
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 7:44:34 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Because of this thread,
MOS and RMR
I ordered last night

The acronyms throw off the look but it still works.

G19.4 MOS off the EE ($500), and type 2 RM01 from grabagun for $400.
I was kind of leaning towards the rm06 but couldn't pass up the 01 at that price.

I'm thinking about getting the c&h Gen 3 RMR plate since it seems to increase the security of the mount and take the place of the sealing plate;
Does anybody have any experience with these? Does it increase the security of the mount or should I just buy a sealing plate and use the MOS plate?
View Quote
They are neat but are aluminum. But so is the rmr ... so not sure if it matters?
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 5:03:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/278107/20190314_145125-2016x1134-877800.jpg
View Quote
I'm really lusting for one just like that.

How is it?

How do you plan to carry that beast?
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 6:19:30 PM EDT
[#27]
FINALLY got out with my P320 Romeo1. Got it sighted in (started with a cowitness, then bumped the target back to 25 and adjusted further) and just played with it.

It's fast. Really fast. I have a lot of years on irons but this seems natural, probably because I've been shooting carbines with red dots for a good 12-15 years.
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 6:23:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/26/2019 10:06:50 PM EDT
[#29]
I'm finally going to be joining the pistol rds master race soon. I have the type 2 rm06 and ameriglo suppressor sights (gl-429) inbound.

I saw mentioned a couple pages or so back about irons in front or behind the optic. I'm going irons in front after watching sages video on the topic.

When I send my slide off to primary machine, should I request a lower 1/3 co witness for the irons? Is that even a thing? I feel like I want as much unobstructed view as possible while still having the capability to use the irons.
Link Posted: 3/26/2019 10:16:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I'm finally going to be joining the pistol rds master race soon. I have the type 2 rm06 and ameriglo suppressor sights (gl-429) inbound.

I saw mentioned a couple pages or so back about irons in front or behind the optic. I'm going irons in front after watching sages video on the topic.

When I send my slide off to primary machine, should I request a lower 1/3 co witness for the irons? Is that even a thing? I feel like I want as much unobstructed view as possible while still having the capability to use the irons.
View Quote
I picked up my sight from dawson. Give them a call and they can help you with lower 1/3. I dont believe primary offers that option. At least for the czp10 they dont.
Link Posted: 3/26/2019 10:21:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
But they were made out of whale-bone.
Link Posted: 3/27/2019 1:30:21 AM EDT
[#32]
Took the plunge today. Mailing my slide to Maple Leaf Firearms tomorrow for the rmr cut with forward set rear sight dovetail. And black/fde/dark bronze multicam slide cerakote (couldn't help myself)
Link Posted: 3/27/2019 1:54:55 AM EDT
[#33]
Im having a hard time adjusting to RMR. I just got so fast w/ irons.
Link Posted: 3/27/2019 7:35:40 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/27/2019 7:37:35 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote
Once it clicked in my head, like it did with an eotech or aimpoint on a rifle, it got way easier.

First time I tried it I was lost... it gets easier.
Link Posted: 3/27/2019 7:43:05 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote
Dryfire
Link Posted: 3/27/2019 9:09:26 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
The RMR has made shooting with 50 year old eyes fun again.

ALL HAIL THE RMR!
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/27/2019 9:52:15 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I picked up my sight from dawson. Give them a call and they can help you with lower 1/3. I dont believe primary offers that option. At least for the czp10 they dont.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just received a PM from Bruce at Primary Machine. He confirmed that the GL-429's will be lower 1/3. As soon as my RMR gets delivered, everything is going out the door to him.
Link Posted: 3/27/2019 10:10:04 AM EDT
[#39]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting.

https://i2.wp.com/optics-info.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Noblex-Glock-MOS-sight-1.jpg?ssl=1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX5UKCmcaBQ
Link to sight
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 10:43:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Shipping notice for slide # 2

Link Posted: 4/6/2019 1:14:18 AM EDT
[#41]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting.

https://i2.wp.com/optics-info.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Noblex-Glock-MOS-sight-1.jpg?ssl=1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX5UKCmcaBQ
Link to sight
That's the shotgun version, not going to work on a Glock slide.
Link Posted: 4/8/2019 10:27:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Then there were 2. Another battlewerx.

Link Posted: 4/9/2019 11:05:08 AM EDT
[#43]
Only downside ... I just added up the cost of everything in that picture (including holsters and milling/refinishing work) ...

$2400

oof.

Worth it.
Link Posted: 4/9/2019 6:41:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Only downside ... I just added up the cost of everything in that picture (including holsters and milling/refinishing work) ...

$2400

oof.

Worth it.
View Quote
Pretty badass, looks like a sweet pair!
Link Posted: 4/10/2019 5:28:08 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

How is it?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/278107/20190314_145125-2016x1134-877800.jpg

How is it?

Finally shot it last weekend when I got out to my property. I like it. It's hard to describe the recoil, and you may laugh but it reminds me of a desert eagle. Something with being front heavy and the recoil feels slow if that makes any sense. That also makes it feel smooth. I sighted it in at 25 yards and had about a 3 or 4 inch group rested (5 shots)

Hit my 100 yard plate on my third try, got cocky then missed the next 20 lol

I haven't shot since my twins were born in December and it showed. If I wasn't going super slow or rested I couldn't hit shit.

I think I have a greater tendency to jerk the trigger with a rds because I was missing easy shots that I normally wouldn't. As soon as I slowed way down, I confirmed it was me

I plan on carrying it hunting with a gunfighters Inc Kenai chest holster
Link Posted: 4/10/2019 6:41:45 AM EDT
[#46]
Whats the most cost effective way to try this new fangled mojo out?
Link Posted: 4/10/2019 6:57:19 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote
Find a friend who already ponied up
Link Posted: 4/10/2019 8:17:03 AM EDT
[#48]
So I finally took one of my Glock 19’s into the 21st century.  I have to admit my older eyes are what finally pushed me over the edge.

I used a Brownell’s RMR slide, a Victory First threaded barrel, and a RMR 06 Type 2. I also used 10-8 Perfomance supressor height sights and added a TLR1 HL.  I am very happy with this setup.  I‘ve put 700 rounds through it so far without any issues.  Of the 700 rounds, 100 were Gold Dot 124gr +p and 100 were  HST 124gr +p. It ran like well oiled sewing machine.

The holster is a Bravo Concealment setup for a TLR-1 HL equipped Glock 19.

The Magpul magwell actually works really well.  One of the best upgrades for about $20.

Link Posted: 4/10/2019 9:06:26 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote
Come to the GA HTF meet this Saturday.
Link Posted: 4/10/2019 1:29:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
So I finally took one of my Glock 19’s into the 21st century.  I have to admit my older eyes are what finally pushed me over the edge.

I used a Brownell’s RMR slide, a Victory First threaded barrel, and a RMR 06 Type 2. I also used 10-8 Perfomance supressor height sights and added a TLR1 HL.  I am very happy with this setup.  I‘ve put 700 rounds through it so far without any issues.  Of the 700 rounds, 100 were Gold Dot 124gr +p and 100 were  HST 124gr +p. It ran like well oiled sewing machine.

https://i.imgur.com/IiQ0WsO.jpg

The holster is a Bravo Concealment setup for a TLR-1 HL equipped Glock 19.

https://i.imgur.com/IGR9nL3.jpg

The Magpul magwell actually works really well.  One of the best upgrades for about $20.

https://i.imgur.com/8c8OZvV.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/vK9lgz0.jpg
View Quote
I look forward to hearing your thoughts on it as you progress with it....
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top