Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 2:23:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Don Adams comedy genius!
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 2:25:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Pitbullman has had a busy day - first a chihuahua and now a 5 year-old.

Where will pitbullman's adventures take him next?

But seriously its horrifying.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 2:25:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Left them unsupervised and able to be together... Babies are basically bait
View Quote
Only if you're hunting pits...

Otherwise, childrens is FOOD.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 2:28:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote
Is it REALLY horrifying?
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 2:32:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Is it REALLY horrifying?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is it REALLY horrifying?
Nope. Just business as usual in pitbull land.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 2:33:51 PM EDT
[#6]
What bothers me is there aren’t any new funny pit bull memes. Someone needs to get on this. I’d say a ban on Pitbull threads until Sitestaff has at least five news memes in the hopper.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 2:34:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So someone left a dog and a 5 day old baby alone in a room unattended?

Wow
View Quote
Probably going to take a picture of the cute doggy and the baby together to post how pit bulls are good dogs.

We have members here do the same thing.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 2:35:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Again, it is not guns compared to dogs, it's how they are portrayed in the media, and by overly emotional people who seem fixated on the breed.

If this were an anti-AR15 website, we would see every story of a shooting or accident or murder involving an AR15 posted again and again.  That's how biased, fixated people who are driven by emotions behave.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
High cap assault dog.
Right. I genuinely do not understand the disdain here for them. It has been compared and immediately shot down with insults but seriously...what is the difference between this and the media portraying AR's as all bad and only the military should have them? Que "can an AR bite your face off just sitting there?"... not the same. You take a very small amount of attacks in comparison to other dog attacks and the pits get all the media and attention and hatred. It is the same ignorance as the medias portrayal of gun owners imho. Getto dogs /Redneck Nazi's with AR's... ignorance in both views.
Yeah but, can an AR just jump up and bite your face off?

I thought not.
Again, it is not guns compared to dogs, it's how they are portrayed in the media, and by overly emotional people who seem fixated on the breed.

If this were an anti-AR15 website, we would see every story of a shooting or accident or murder involving an AR15 posted again and again.  That's how biased, fixated people who are driven by emotions behave.
Sorry your ghetto hyena has a killcount of zero.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 3:05:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Your silly math and statistics mean nothing - but mah pit is the sweetest dog eVaR!

Shitbulls are a shit breed for shit people. Not only do I hate pits - I refuse to associate with anyone that owns one.
View Quote
Sounds reasonable to me. I'll agree.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 3:10:47 PM EDT
[#10]
pitbull threads are revealing threads.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 3:13:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'll make this simple for you.

PEOPLE who are fanatically anti-gun use the SAME, overly emotional, hysterical RHETORIC as people who are fanatically anti-pitbull.

Those PEOPLE are similar in HOW they BEHAVE.

Can you diagram those sentences and tell me what/who is being compared?

a) guns & dogs

b) the behavior of anti-gun PEOPLE & the behavior of anti-pitbull PEOPLE

c) the RHETORIC used by anti-gun PEOPLE and the RHETORIC used by anti-pitbull PEOPLE

d) b & c
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Normally the "rhetoric" dismissal is a page 1 argument anymore.

PEOPLE who are fanatically anti-gun use the SAME, overly emotional, hysterical RHETORIC as people who are fanatically anti-pitbull.

a) guns & dogs

c) the RHETORIC used by anti-gun PEOPLE and the RHETORIC used by anti-pitbull PEOPLE

d) b & c
With all this bolded text it appears you are getting overly emotional.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 3:15:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Normally the "rhetoric" dismissal is a page 1 argument anymore.

a) guns & dogs

d) b & c
There is no "bolded text" in my post.

Your emotions are clearly blinding you.

However, the capitalized text are my "hints."
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 3:17:53 PM EDT
[#13]
They’re just sweet and harmless.......until they’re not.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 3:17:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Crap, I meant to say caps text. I'll give this one to you on a technicality
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 3:20:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Hey, it's Pit Bull bashing thread number 5,769. Am I the only one tired of this shit?
View Quote
I'm more tired of pit bulls killing kids and mauling people.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 3:23:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hey, it's Pit Bull bashing thread number 5,769. Am I the only one tired of this shit?
I have to be honest, I don't spend a single second of my day worrying about other people's dogs.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 3:30:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I'll buy you a beer any day
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pitbulls are extremely loyal and will do whatever they think you want them to do, including be a shitbag.  If you don't like them, don't get one.  If someone else's property hurts you, they should be held responsible.  If someone else's property scares you, you're no different than a gun grabbing pussy.

It's dangerous to leave any dog unattended around a small child.

Freedom is scary yo.

I'll buy you a beer any day
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 3:30:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
GTFO.
If someone else's property can bite my children's face off while they are riding bicycles in our neighborhood, I see the threat for what it is.  Gun grabbing doesn't have a damn thing to do with it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pitbulls are extremely loyal and will do whatever they think you want them to do, including be a shitbag.  If you don't like them, don't get one.  If someone else's property hurts you, they should be held responsible.  If someone else's property scares you, you're no different than a gun grabbing pussy.

Freedom is scary yo.
GTFO.
If someone else's property can bite my children's face off while they are riding bicycles in our neighborhood, I see the threat for what it is.  Gun grabbing doesn't have a damn thing to do with it.
Please re-read my third sentence.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 3:32:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
Are you OK with other pets killing people?
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 3:34:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I have to be honest, I don't spend a single second of my day worrying about other people's dogs.
View Quote
But you do apperantly spend your day worrying about other people worrying about other people's dogs
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 3:46:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
But you do apperantly spend your day worrying about other people worrying about other people's dogs
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Worrying?  lol, no.

But I am continuously amused by all the hand-wringing and fear that we see in GD regarding dogs.

This morning in the snow, I heard a frantic scratching at our front door.
Apparently, our neighbor's rescue dog (part pitbull) had gotten loose and ran over to our house.  I opened to door and let her in.  Wildly wagging, she tasted all the kids and the wife, and couldn't decide which one to eat.  Instead, she tried to play with our grumpy and aloof Ridgeback.  He was not amused.
Rather than shoot the dog and without trembling in fear, I walked it back over to their house, and let her in their front door.  You know, like a normal person.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 3:57:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Let us check the statistical period over the ten year period of 2005 and 2014. According to DogsBite.org, a non-profit organization that compiles and analyzes all of the dogs bite attacks in the country, Pit bulls accounted for 203 deaths in those ten years.
View Quote
Analysis of Consumer Product Safety Commission data revealed 160 bucket-related drownings for the years 1984 through 1989. So buckets kill way more children than pitbulls, yet I never see the media going crazy about all the bucket deaths. Watch out for those buckets, specially the 5 gal, they are born killers and just waiting to kill your child, and we all have them.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 3:57:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Freedom is scary yo.
View Quote
No, but idiotic irresponsibility sure can be.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 3:59:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Pibos love them some chilluns.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 4:00:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 4:02:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Worrying?  lol, no.

But I am continuously amused by all the hand-wringing and fear that we see in GD regarding dogs.

Apparently, our neighbor's rescue dog (part pitbull) had gotten loose and ran over to our house.  I opened to door and let her in.  Wildly wagging, she tasted all the kids and the wife, and couldn't decide which one to eat.  Instead, she tried to play with our grumpy and aloof Ridgeback.  He was not amused.
Rather than shoot the dog and without trembling in fear, I walked it back over to their house, and let her in their front door.  You know, like a normal person.
View Quote
And this anecdotal sample of one means diddly shit.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 4:02:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Freedom is scary yo.
Can you give me an example of idiotic irresponsibility?

Drinking and driving?

Shooting your water heater?

Shooting someone over a mattress?

I'm just looking for examples lol
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 4:03:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
https://www.chronicleonline.com/news/local/five-day-old-girl-dies-after-being-attacked-by-family/article_994dfb1a-e85d-11e8-a528-afbd3815c756.html
View Quote

A female relative told police the pit bull jumped onto the bed, which was next to the bassinet where the baby was, and started attacking the child while she was in another room, according to the report.
RIP
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 4:04:02 PM EDT
[#29]
This is the stupidest meme, but funny.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 4:10:17 PM EDT
[#30]
I wonder why the pitt bull attacked?

1.  It was hungry and the infant was fresh meat?

2.  It saw the child as a threat to its place in the pack?

3.  The parents snubbed the dog while tending to the infant and the dog was pissed?

4.  Pitt bulls doing what pitt bulls do?
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 4:13:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Is it REALLY horrifying?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is it REALLY horrifying?
Synonyms for horrifying
verb scare

alarm, appall, daunt, disgust, dismay, frighten, intimidate, outrage, petrify, shake, shock, sicken, terrify, affright, consternate, terrorize, scare to death

A five day old child mauled to death by a family "pet". I'd say several of those words including horrify work quite well.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 4:16:08 PM EDT
[#32]
“Overall there are approximately 78.2 million dogs throughout the United States, 3.91 million of those dogs are pit bulls.
However, 40 percent of dogs in animal shelters are characterized as bully breeds, and 20 percent of those are called pit bulls.”

“The Centers for Disease Control report that 4.5 million people are bitten by dogs every year.
Of these, 800,000 seek medical attention and half are children between the ages of 5 and 9. Approximately 16 of these attacks are fatal each year. Some insurance companies consider dog breeds in a household when considering whether or not to provide home owners insurance.
A dog from any breed can bite a child.
Thus, it becomes important to properly introduce a child to dog and teach children how to avoid being bitten. American Humane Association has a pamphlet available to new parents, Pet Meets Baby.
By compiling U.S. and Canadian press accounts between 1982 and 2011, Animal People, listed the following breeds and associated outcomes
for dog bites:
The combination of pit bulls, Rottweilers, their close mixes and wolf hybrids:
• 77% of attacks that induce bodily harm
• 73% of attacks to children
• 81% of attack to adults
• 68% of attacks that result in fatalities • 76% that result in maiming

Forbes (2012) reported on a list of eleven breeds that were riskier for home owners and renters, and may be associated with higher home owner’s insurance costs. In some cases, insurance companies will not insure when certain breeds are part of the family (especially true for the first four breeds on the list):
1. Pit Bulls & Staffordshire Terriers 2. Doberman Pinschers
3. Rottweilers
4. German Shepherds
5. Chows
6. Great Danes
7. Presa Canarios
8. Akitas
9. Alaskan Malamutes
10. Siberian Huskies
11. Wolf-hybrids”

http://www.bradfordlicensing.com/documents/pets-fact-sheet.pdf

QED
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 4:20:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Hey, it's Pit Bull bashing bites/kills child thread number 5,769. Am I the only one tired of this shit?
View Quote
FIFY, and yes, we are tired of pitbulls biting and killing children. If they would stop doing so, perhaps there would be fewer threads on the subject.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 4:24:56 PM EDT
[#34]
A total of 166 owners of high risk dogs were compared with 189 owners of low risk dogs. The high risk dog owners had nearly 10 times more criminal convictions than other dog owners. Breaking the data down by categories of criminal behavior they found that high risk dog owners were 6.8 times more likely to be convicted of an aggressive crime, 2.8 times more likely to have carried out a crime involving children, 2.4 times more likely to have perpetrated domestic violence, and 5.4 times more likely to have an alcohol related conviction when compared to low risk dog owners.

esadpbo
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 4:39:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Worrying?  lol, no.

It was not meant to be used as proof of anything ABOUT dogs.  Simply demonstrating that I do not share GD's irrational fear OF dogs.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 4:41:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
It was not meant to be used as proof of anything ABOUT dogs.  Simply demonstrating that I do not have an irrational fear OF dogs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Worrying?  lol, no.

It was not meant to be used as proof of anything ABOUT dogs.  Simply demonstrating that I do not have an irrational fear OF dogs.
The dog was seeing if you have any infants.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 4:42:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Synonyms for horrifying
verb scare

alarm, appall, daunt, disgust, dismay, frighten, intimidate, outrage, petrify, shake, shock, sicken, terrify, affright, consternate, terrorize, scare to death

A five day old child mauled to death by a family "pet". I'd say several of those words including horrify work quite well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is it REALLY horrifying?
Synonyms for horrifying
verb scare

I am not "horrified" by random anecdotes about dog attacks.

Millions of bad things happen every day.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 4:43:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Worrying?  lol, no.

Like checking the cupboard to see what's there.  Yes, no doubt.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 4:47:06 PM EDT
[#39]

Link Posted: 11/15/2018 4:47:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Pit bull owners are not the smartest people on the planet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So someone left a dog and a 5 day old baby alone in a room unattended?

Wow
Pit bull owners are not the smartest people on the planet.
Yeah, but they are the most qualified to own one.

No one better.

Just ask them.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 4:47:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
In before all the pitbull owners/apologists claim:
1) How did the newspaper/police know it was a pitbull, did they run a DNA test?
2) There are tons of mixed breeds that people claim are pitbulls that really aren't, and that is probably the case here!
3) My pitbull wouldn't hurt a fly and is the kindest gentlest dog on this planet (pictures inserted to prove it!)!
4) It has nothing to do with the breed and everything to do with how the owner's raise/socialize/train the dog.
5) All the "dog bite" data out there has a slanted agenda and is utter bs.
6) Golden retrievers and Chihuahuas bite and main more people every year than *pitbulls

*and by "pitbulls" I mean an extremely narrow band of pure bred pitbull whose genetic markers can be traced back 5,000 years, and everything else I don't qualify as a "pitbull"
View Quote
Yup. Lock that sweet pumpkin of a pitbull alone in a room with a beagle or a some other mutt...or a human infant...for just one hour and guess which isn't coming out alive.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 4:50:44 PM EDT
[#42]
My pibble dindu nuffink!
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 4:58:27 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I wouldn't have a dog in the house that was large enough to kill my child, especially a PB or GS.
View Quote
We had a female black lab when our kids were born.

Never an issue.  We kept the kids safe... easily.

Once, when my youngest was about 4 or 5, the dog snipped at him when he did something to the dog... like pull her tail or something.

We kept them apart for about 3 months... about the time my son figured out how to interact with our dog.

No way you'd ever think of doing that with a pit-bull.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 5:04:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
A total of 166 owners of high risk dogs were compared with 189 owners of low risk dogs. The high risk dog owners had nearly 10 times more criminal convictions than other dog owners. Breaking the data down by categories of criminal behavior they found that high risk dog owners were 6.8 times more likely to be convicted of an aggressive crime, 2.8 times more likely to have carried out a crime involving children, 2.4 times more likely to have perpetrated domestic violence, and 5.4 times more likely to have an alcohol related conviction when compared to low risk dog owners.

esadpbo
View Quote
Now do that same study but compare high risk dog owners to low risk dog owners on the following attributes: tattoos (on the owners, not dogs), motorcycle (mainly Harley) ownership, watching MMA style fighting, use of cuss words in every day speech, and wearing tap out gear or a flat billed baseball cap.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 6:09:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pitbulls are extremely loyal and will do whatever they think you want them to do, including be a shitbag.  If you don't like them, don't get one.  If someone else's property hurts you, they should be held responsible.  If someone else's property scares you, you're no different than a gun grabbing pussy.  It's dangerous to leave any dog unattended around a small child.  Freedom is scary yo.
GTFO.
Oh, I read it.  
Obviously, I agree that owners should be held criminally liable for their dogs.
It's just that prosecuting the owner after their "pet bull" maims or kills my children just doesn't make it alright.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 6:37:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
So you see it as a threat.  Good for you.
Who cares?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

GTFO.
Who cares?
I think we can agree that we don't care what each other thinks.

Here's what I do care about when it comes to pit bulls...

GA Code § 16-12-4 (2014)
(h) (1) In addition to justification and excuse as provided in Article 2 of Chapter 3 of this title, a person shall be justified in injuring or killing an animal when and to the extent that he or she reasonably believes that such act is necessary to defend against an imminent threat of injury or damage to any person, other animal, or property.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 6:47:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

GA Code  16-12-4 (2014)
(h) (1) In addition to justification and excuse as provided in Article 2 of Chapter 3 of this title, a person shall be justified in injuring or killing an animal when and to the extent that he or she reasonably believes that such act is necessary to defend against an imminent threat of injury or damage to any person, other animal, or property.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

GTFO.
Who cares?

GA Code  16-12-4 (2014)
Cincinnatus is one of three or four pitbull apologists that regularly post.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 7:00:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is it REALLY horrifying?
Synonyms for horrifying
verb scare

Well bless your heart.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 7:05:33 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 7:06:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Probably jealous of the baby. A baby should never be left alone with any dog, even if it's just a little toy one. Every dog is a wild, keystone predator with the emotional maturity of a two year old.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top