Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/23/2003 8:28:53 AM EDT
i am looking at getting a reloading kit. the two i am most interested in at this time is the RCBS rock chucker lit and the LEE anniversary kit.

witch one do you guys recomamend?? they are both about the same price..
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 8:37:13 AM EDT
[#1]
if you are not sure you want to get into reloading and money is tight the lee kit is usable. i started with one. YOU WILL UPGRADE SHORTLY AFTER BUYING IT!

The scale is marginal at best. the powder measure is nasty to work with and the press is cheap.

It will get you started but you will soon get tired of the fuss and buy a real kit.

between those go with the rcbs if you have the extra money. OR go ahead and buy the dillon an be done with it.

mike

Link Posted: 11/23/2003 8:43:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Either will do the job in a basic way.

I do mainly precision rifle. For large quantities of handgun blasting ammo, a progressive press would be better.

If you enjoy reloading, you will upgrade with an electronic scale, better primer seater, better powder measure and add a case trimmer & case prep tools.

One potential deciding factor is the Lee hand priming tool. It is primer brand sensitive and has been known to kaboom with the wrong primers.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 8:49:43 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Either will do the job in a basic way.

I do mainly precision rifle. For large quantities of handgun blasting ammo, a progressive press would be better.

an eventual goal, but for now i am reloading for the older rifles that i don't shoot a hell of a lot..

If you enjoy reloading, you will upgrade with an electronic scale, better primer seater, better powder measure and add a case trimmer & case prep tools.

One potential deciding factor is the Lee hand priming tool. It is primer brand sensitive and has been known to kaboom with the wrong primers.

thats good info to know, i was leaning more tword the RCBS, i guess you sealed the coffin on the lee..
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 9:09:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Go with the RCBS its a good starter kit. Then when your ready you can upgrade. RCBS's warranty is awesome! I have several dealings with them. And every time they either sent a new part, or replaced the press with the next one up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top