User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 9:20:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Oh shit they got a trommel and wash plant
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 9:21:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Lets be honest here, even if they do find something, Spain will probably claim it....
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 9:28:42 PM EDT
[#3]
SPOILER

They find an alien boner at the bottom of the pit

They then fight each other to the death to see who gets to ride the boner
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 10:07:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Glad to see Craig Tester back after the loss of his son, and previously staying he was done.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 10:08:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Chapel Vault animation!
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 10:11:00 PM EDT
[#6]
2110 the Chapel Vault animation returns.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 10:11:32 PM EDT
[#7]
so done with that show
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 10:14:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
" No Guts, No Glory ! " - Jack Hoffman
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 12:54:21 AM EDT
[#9]
The explosion mapping is a cool idea.

The dudes selling the coffer dam though...

"I know how we can get these idiots to buy the dam, grab the augmented reality headsets!"
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 12:59:26 AM EDT
[#10]
12 hours, two civil war buttons, and the insinuation that they found the Ark of the Covenant later. . .

That show should have died off years ago
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 1:05:47 AM EDT
[#11]
They've been "Right on the trail!" of some big fuck-off payday treasure for... How many fucking years has this clickbait shit been on TV?

They play the same exact clips over and over, jus edited for each season. The fuck.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 1:18:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
They've been "Right on the trail!" of some big fuck-off payday treasure for... How many fucking years has this clickbait shit been on TV?

They play the same exact clips over and over, jus edited for each season. The fuck.
View Quote
you should give them some credit, they are the first ones to actually make money from the money pit.

They have probably made 20-30 million off the show at a cost to them of a few hundred grand and a few trinkets they bought off ebay.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 1:23:49 AM EDT
[#13]
The repetition on this show is about as bad as it gets for reality TV.

If someone really wanted what was at the bottom of that island they would have hydraulic mined it to bedrock a long time ago.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 1:26:21 AM EDT
[#14]
I watch it. I (mostly) enjoy it.

I know they won't find anything.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 1:42:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The repetition on this show is about as bad as it gets for reality TV.

If someone really wanted what was at the bottom of that island they would have hydraulic mined it to bedrock a long time ago.
View Quote
IDK if the government would allow it, the pulled their permit a year or two back for some minor infraction IIRC.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 2:04:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the stupidity of the American people. This show is taking full advantage of that.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 11:00:28 PM EDT
[#17]
It's hard to get too excited over gold plated costume jewelry.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 11:04:26 PM EDT
[#18]
spoiler.  Still no treasure.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 11:10:02 PM EDT
[#19]
The curse of Oak Island is watching the Curse of Oak Island.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 11:37:57 PM EDT
[#20]
I like to watch to see the technology.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 11:41:32 PM EDT
[#21]
The name's Dazzler, Robert Dazzler.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 10:54:06 PM EDT
[#22]
New episode tonight. What could it bring?
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 10:57:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
New episode tonight. What could it bring?
View Quote
The only thing they are missing is a Todd from Gold Rush...
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 11:17:33 PM EDT
[#24]
If I were cynical I would suggest that metal detector guy is planting stuff.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 11:24:13 PM EDT
[#25]
So they find a supposed crossbow bolt that is apparently ancient yet in pretty good shape.  Wouldn't something like that be rusted completely away if it is as old as they say?
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 11:26:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
Most days I find myself really hoping that Gary Drayton is #7.

Link Posted: 11/27/2018 11:30:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 11:33:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
So they find a supposed crossbow bolt that is apparently ancient yet in pretty good shape.  Wouldn't something like that be rusted completely away if it is as old as they say?
View Quote
Get out of here with your logic! It's obviously ancient Roman.

Next thing you know, you'll be questioning whether every hunk of buried scrap wood is really a collapsed treasure tunnel.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 11:35:57 PM EDT
[#29]
I have it on for background noise because I refuse to watch The Conners.  What annoys me most is the stupid narrator with the, "Can this be a long lost widget from ancient history?"  I find myself saying, "No, it can't be" in response.  The tenuous claims they make to anything historical is laughable.  It's as bad as the guys looking for the Jesuit gold.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 11:38:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Holy shamoley, I love this show! Its a bobby dazzler for sure.

I know it's stupid, but I can't stop watching.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 11:40:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
I doubt it's a crossbow bolt.  Every example I've seen had a wooden shaft and a steel broadhead or bodkin.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 11:45:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How dare you? Metal detection expert Gary Drayton is the best part of the show.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 11:50:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I absolutely hate that fuckin' high pitched, earring wearing, drama queen

He's only second to the narrator in people that I want bad things to happen to on that show.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 11:59:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Dudes a bobby-dazzler if I've ever seen one.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 12:06:59 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I absolutely hate that fuckin' high pitched, earring wearing, drama queen

He's only second to the narrator in people that I want bad things to happen to on that show.
View Quote
He can be annoying, but the rest of them are so dry and boring. Plus he's the only one who actually finds anything.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 12:10:11 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
What?!?! Gary is probably the most interesting person on the show.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 12:23:49 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
It's hard to get too excited over gold plated costume jewelry.
View Quote
RED BLUMMY BLOOMER FN BLODDY BLOOMER JIBBERISH FUK ME PUSH MY SHIT IN
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 12:26:34 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm interested in what they find, not the "personalities" that do the finding.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 12:28:45 AM EDT
[#39]
If they knew gold was there, and with the money they are blowing. There should be a hole like looking off hoover dam. Its just trinket metal detecting and suspense now.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 12:33:28 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
If they knew gold was there, and with the money they are blowing. There should be a hole like looking off hoover dam. Its just trinket metal detecting and suspense now.
View Quote
Its Still Real To Me Damn It!
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 12:36:22 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Think about it. If you were to bury a treasure on an island that isn't inhabited how far down would you bury it? Given the state of the art at the time of burial, pick and shovel, how wide would you have to dig the mouth of the hole to keep it from collapsing in on it's self? This show is pure bullshit, they will NEVER find any thing.
View Quote
Shh.....your ruining the GD fantasy
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 12:41:03 AM EDT
[#42]
I love this show.

I first heard about the Oak Island legend 30 years ago, and watched every show about it, and read every article about it I could.

On the show they are actually digging up the island, which is certainly more real and interesting then all the info I read or saw prior to it.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 12:43:16 AM EDT
[#43]
I have only watched a couple episodes but I am pretty sure Todd Haufman and George Noory must be their guides or consultants.......
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 12:26:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Think about it. If you were to bury a treasure on an island that isn't inhabited how far down would you bury it? Given the state of the art at the time of burial, pick and shovel, how wide would you have to dig the mouth of the hole to keep it from collapsing in on it's self? This show is pure bullshit, they will NEVER find any thing.
Good point, and one of the theories is the money pit is a distraction. The real area is shallow, and connected by a tunnel off the pit.

They teased a find of a crossbow bolt being Roman. While not gold, a very interesting find.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 12:39:37 PM EDT
[#45]
If they find the treasure the show is over.  I love the show
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 1:04:17 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I love this show.

I first heard about the Oak Island legend 30 years ago, and watched every show about it, and read every article about it I could.

On the show they are actually digging up the island, which is certainly more real and interesting then all the info I read or saw prior to it.
View Quote
--they have the government up there asses pretty far now....... they cannot go crazy anymore on the island an do as they please, its all permitted work, that's why the one guy has to follow them around everywhere and document everything.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 1:23:29 PM EDT
[#47]
I watched some of the first season but once you watch the same drama over and over again with no result it gets old so I quit.   I'll just wait and see if they acutally find something then go back and watch that episode or read about it in the news...surprised they have been able to keep viewers going this long with nothing to really show for it.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 1:35:57 PM EDT
[#48]
I'm still waiting on Nicolas Cage, Jon Voight and Justin Bartha to show up.  Shit will get real then.   James Woods can be the villain.  You gotta have a villain.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 2:09:56 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Lets be honest here, even if they do find something, Spain will probably claim it....
View Quote
The Canadian Government has already claimed any "treasure" they might find through the "Oak Island Treasure Act". If these guys get rich, it will be from the televisions royalties, book sales, T-shirts, etc.

The truth is, they will find nothing of monetary value. For 220 years this treasure hunt has been nothing more than a dog chasing it's own tail. One treasure hunter using the stories, rumors and remnants of a previous treasure hunter as "proof" that something of great value was entombed on the island. There are no man-made flood tunnels, no 90 foot stone, no treasure shaft. The "depression in the soil" that Daniel McGinnis found in 1799 was nothing more than a common feature of the islands geologic make-up (Karst topography).

I spent a few years as an amateur-professional treasure hunter or as my Wife refers to it; "my get poor quick scheme". While I did find lost treasure, it cost me about 2X it's net worth to recover (lawyers, accountants and insurance being the biggest costs)

One of the investor groups I was part of had a VERY famous treasure hunting family at the helm (an NDA prevents me from dropping names). They had looked into the Oak Island Treasure in the late '60s, spent a Summer on the island and could not find one single piece of substantiated evidence that the island had ever been used for more than clandestinely careening ships (pirates or unfriendly nations) to affect emergency repairs.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 2:14:10 PM EDT
[#50]
I have a sneaking hunch they have already found all the money....that is the money they got from selling the whole thing to the TV channel.
If they had found anything noteworthy, it would have already been on the news, and the show couldn't have kept it quiet...  So this season will be like all the others, with them finding a few odds and ends, but no significant "treasure".
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top