Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 11
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 1:48:41 AM EDT
[#1]
It's going to be funny when that thing costs more than a crew cab 4x4 Ram/Silverado/F-150 in the base plus options trim (Express/Custom/STX).
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 1:50:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm guessing, since it says Jeep on it,,,, $50,000.
View Quote
They can ask, but they won't sell many.  Consumers be tapped out.
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 3:34:31 AM EDT
[#3]
This was my desktop for a while.  There was a real one parked out at Pine Knob this summer.  Couldn't wait any longer and bought an F-150 yesterday.
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 3:44:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I already owned a Sport Trac. Couldn’t use it as a truck, couldn’t use it as an suv.
View Quote
Former avalanche owner here - same experience.
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 3:57:13 AM EDT
[#5]
"The Jeep Wrangler-based pickup truck does not yet have a name, despite press reports that it will carry the historic "Scrambler" name. Marchionne said the Jeep pickup will be "expensive; intentionally so" because it is designed as a lifestyle truck that is likely to generate annual sales below 100,000 units
View Quote
What if your "lifestyle" involves not being stupid with your money?
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 4:01:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Unlike a lot of other arfcomisms, the mall crawler stereotype is a legitimately accurate stereotype.   Especially for wranglers.

I almost never see a stock wrangler anymore.  Its got about 20k worth of bolt on accessories, and never leaves the black top.  ALWAYS seen pristine with nary a smudge.

I don't hate, but jealous they have the money to spend so frivolously on unused accessories.  One could have a lot of fun taking mall crawlers out for what they're supposed to be doing.

It's a shame they will never use em to their capacity.

ETA:  i really like that truck's design.  The only thing that keeps me from buying jeeps is their subaverage reliability and resale.  Oh, and I'm too poor haha
View Quote
To play devils advocate, the majority of vehicles out they don't do what they are designed for.

Mini vans are probably the only segment that do what it was made to do.
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 4:12:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Living that Streep lifestyle. Miss my ‘03 TJ.
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 4:15:14 AM EDT
[#8]
They’ll sell a fuck ton of them. Should have been done years ago.
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 5:13:00 AM EDT
[#9]
DYNATRAC 60s

Cummins

NV4500

ATLAS 2

6 inches narrower

Coilovers

REAL BEADLOCKS, maybe some Walker Evans not that fake DOT approved poser shit

Gotta make a nice pass with a mig/tig or stick welder to own it or know how to operate a crane.
No emissions shit, no women are allowed to own it, no gayboys with beard oil horseshit.
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 5:31:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Unlike a lot of other arfcomisms, the mall crawler stereotype is a legitimately accurate stereotype.   Especially for wranglers.

I almost never see a stock wrangler anymore.  Its got about 20k worth of bolt on accessories, and never leaves the black top.  ALWAYS seen pristine with nary a smudge.

I don't hate, but jealous they have the money to spend so frivolously on unused accessories.  One could have a lot of fun taking mall crawlers out for what they're supposed to be doing.

ETA:  i really like that truck's design.  The only thing that keeps me from buying jeeps is their subaverage reliability and resale.  Oh, and I'm too poor haha
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
To be seen at a mall near you.
Jealous?

Good!!
That means those mall crawling Jeep's will be in good shape on the used market at a better price latter.
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 5:49:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Bwaaaahahahaha. "subaverage resale"?????

There has never been a more absurd statement made on ARFCOM.

Wranglers really have no equal on resale value. Get a great deal and time it correctly, it is actually possible to sell a used Wrangler for more than you paid.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 5:52:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Interesting...
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 6:05:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
https://a57.foxnews.com/static.foxnews.com/foxnews.com/content/uploads/2018/11/1862/1048/pickup1.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

The Jeep Scrambler Forum used leaked info and photos of camouflaged prototypes to render what the truck will likely look like. (Jeep Scrambler Forum)

Link
View Quote
Again?  Didn’t they do this about 30 years ago?
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 6:10:26 AM EDT
[#14]
They are going to be pushing the Turbo 4-cyl engine big time for it.

But-but-but it makes more Tourqe than the 3.6.

Yea just what I need going through the mud is a turbo4......

Also the turbo 4 that uses the alternator as a starter, so........

Sir the reason your Jeep is not starting its because the drive belt is broken, no that's not under warranty because it is a maintenance item.
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 6:11:00 AM EDT
[#15]
What does it look like sans doors......First step for any Jeep owner is to remove the doors
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 6:17:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Sorta want as a 2 door model.  As far as the 4 door I'd rather just buy a real pickup, with a V8.
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 6:19:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Sorta want as a 2 door model.  As far as the 4 door I'd rather just buy a real pickup, with a V8.
View Quote
I would be interested in a two door v6 manual trans with a/c and nothing else.
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 6:29:02 AM EDT
[#18]
As the former owner of a 79 J-10 and a 89 MJ I approve this message!
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 6:29:42 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
"The Jeep Wrangler-based pickup truck does not yet have a name, despite press reports that it will carry the historic "Scrambler" name. Marchionne said the Jeep pickup will be "expensive; intentionally so" because it is designed as a lifestyle truck that is likely to generate annual sales below 100,000 units
Yeah, I am definitely NOT in their target demographic.

Link Posted: 11/3/2018 6:36:51 AM EDT
[#20]
I am trying to count the years and number of times I have heard this. I will believe it when I see them on the road.
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 6:50:31 AM EDT
[#21]
In ‘17 I bought a stripped down 4Dr Wrangler with a soft top and stick.
Only 2 options. Alpine Sat Radio and “S” package with cruise, power
windows mirrors, aluminum wheels etc.

List $34,200.  I paid $31.6.  Brand spanking new. Now with 7k on the clock
I was just offered 29.5 trade in value towards new Rubicon.

I passed when I found out the Rubicon sticker was nearly 49k.
Probably the same with the new scrambler.
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 7:01:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
A good friend of mine had a 1987 Jeep Comanche with the inline 6.
He put 196K on it before he put it out of its misery in 2008.
View Quote
My son is still driving his 1987 4WD Toyota pick up.  Last year of the old body style and one of the first fuel injected 22RE engines.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 7:22:26 AM EDT
[#23]
I see big things from this, a total flop.
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 7:28:11 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
Nope, they will sell lots of them.
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 8:55:33 AM EDT
[#25]
I'm either going to buy one of these or Tacoma.  I want the jeep for the looks and the solid front axle, but I'm not going to pay too much more for a Jeep than a Tacoma.  Since the those are my only two options, the Tacoma is the benchmark for price.

TRD Off-Road or Rubicon

I require:

MANual trans
4 doors
at least one locker

Nice to have
solid front axle
two lockers!
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 9:19:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 9:29:42 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
I've had people look at my '04 TJU Wrangler from a distance and say they don't believe me that I take it off road because it's too clean. I then point out the armor that prevents body damage as well as the polished-over tree branch scratches going down the sides and inform them that I simply take care of my shit and spend hours washing it and cleaning it after I come back from the trails. You'd probably mistake my Jeeps as mall crawlers, too.
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 9:30:47 AM EDT
[#28]
So it'll enter the market more than the top of the line Colorado or Tacoma? That's nuts.
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 9:43:39 AM EDT
[#29]
Elbows are too pointy.
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 9:44:09 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
They are going to be pushing the Turbo 4-cyl engine big time for it.

But-but-but it makes more Tourqe than the 3.6.

Yea just what I need going through the mud is a turbo4......

Also the turbo 4 that uses the alternator as a starter, so........

Sir the reason your Jeep is not starting its because the drive belt is broken, no that's not under warranty because it is a maintenance item.
View Quote
Turbo 4 ain't gonna be in the JT by all accounts. Just the EcoDiesel and Pentastar.

Oh and for everybody complaining at the price, donate $100 to Tread Lightly and you're guaranteed 1% under invoice on 2 FCA vehicle purchases (affiliate pricing). You can possibly negotiate better, but sometimes its fun to negotiate with a shitty salesman for a while then whip that out when they won't come down on the price.

ETA: Invoice on a $44kish JLU Rubi is $38kish from what was posted on the JL Wrangler forums.
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 9:44:44 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Please, please, please have a Hemi / 8speed option for the love of all thats holy.
View Quote
Hellephant that bitch!
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 9:45:14 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
According to Forbes Jeep Wrangler has the best resale of any vehicle. Tacoma 2nd and 4Runner 3rd.
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 9:52:15 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm guessing, since it says Jeep on it,,,, $50,000.
Not with the new 96 month finance option.
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 9:56:29 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
A Juck?
View Quote
A Treep
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 10:03:41 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 10:06:39 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 10:08:22 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 10:08:59 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

A Treep
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 10:09:11 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
You can consider yourself uninformed on at least one of your two closing statements.  The Jeep Wrangler has the HIGHEST resale value of ANY vehicle sold in the U.S.
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 10:10:33 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote
No not right... to be seen at a dealer near you..getting repaired
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 10:11:07 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Too boxy

View Quote
It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand.
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 10:12:25 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

You can consider yourself uninformed on at least one of your two closing statements.  The Jeep Wrangler has the HIGHEST resale value of ANY vehicle sold in the U.S.
View Quote
It’s the ONLY Chrysler product that does hold its value. lol
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 10:12:47 AM EDT
[#43]
It's cool, but won't ever buy one. I already have an LJ and WJ that are paid off with a good bit of blood, sweat, and tears into them.

Next year I plan on getting a real truck.
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 10:15:15 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
https://a57.foxnews.com/static.foxnews.com/foxnews.com/content/uploads/2018/11/1862/1048/pickup1.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

The Jeep Scrambler Forum used leaked info and photos of camouflaged prototypes to render what the truck will likely look like. (Jeep Scrambler Forum)

Link
View Quote
Damn that thing's ugly. Looks like it was beat out of scrap metal with wooden mallets by peasants in Pakistan.
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 10:15:39 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote
It will be a completely useless truck with Fiat Chrysler quality.... and they'll sell every one they can make for a huge markup. Jeep right now is like Harley Davidson circa 2005.

You think the 39yo chick with bleached hair and "Salt Life" stickers is going to put her new fresh divorce settlement in stock market investments?
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 10:15:51 AM EDT
[#46]
I bleed Toyota, but I think it's cool. Wouldn't want it as my primary vehicle, but it would be a fun hunting truck.
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 10:16:40 AM EDT
[#47]
Neva bin done befo

Link Posted: 11/3/2018 10:17:28 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Nope, they will sell lots of them.
View Quote
They are pricing themselves out of the market..that and garbage quality. You would have better reliability out of an old Comanche I bet
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 10:18:05 AM EDT
[#49]
should have been a two door with longer box
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 10:19:20 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Jealous?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Jealous?
They always are
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top