Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 4:10:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Some of the ford F250's and F350's are assembled in Mexico.

I would still get the Ford over the Dodge.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 4:22:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Ford.  The best pick ups.  Period.

Add a poll.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 4:58:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a 03 1500 quad cab with the 5.9 and I love it its huge inside and I'm 6'3" 300lbs. Wife has a grand cherokee we've owned or leased mopar's my entire life and never had a problem other than normal maintenence. But she is a bit bouncy on the highway with the 20" rims and your tire choices are pretty limited right now. But for me its Dodge all the way  
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 6:12:58 PM EDT
[#4]
The Dodge 20" wheels are ugly, might as well order the small cheap ones and buy some nice Weld Evos later.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 6:42:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Go with the Ford...wouldn't go with the Hemi in it's first year in this configuration.

Anyway, I'd suggest getting either the Ford or the Dodge in a diesel configuration--forget the gassers.  The Ford is suggested for an all-around diesel (great performance, speed, power, towing), and the Dodge is recommended for frequent and/or heavier towing.

My two pennies...
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 9:08:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Not referring specifically to TRUCKS, but when it comes to CARS,  modern Fords die young and hit the junkyard early.   They are JUNK the day they roll out of the factory.

I could only HOPE that Ford's trucks are better, but where I live, it's MUCH more common to see an old Chevy pickup still in service than it is to see an old Ford pickup still in service, and by old, I mean 15 years old or more.

When I'm driving down the highway, (especially the interstate) one of the things I do to keep myself interested is to make note of what kinds of vehicles have expired alongside the road.

I don't see many Chevy trucks crapped out, but I do see a lot of Ford trucks waiting for a tow.

That says something to me.  And I don't think it's too much of a stretch to say that I'm not impressed with Fords, period.

Truth is, I'd buy a Toyota Tundra (IForce V8 equipped) before I'd buy a Chevy, even.

CJ
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 12:09:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Fords seem to outnumber Chevys or Dodges about 4 to 1 here in Central Florida (and there are a lot of trucks on the road here). They are maybe 2 to one against the Toyotas around my area. You see a lot more older Fords still running than anything else.

Just got a new 2003 Super Cab about 3 months ago and am definitely happy with it. It is sweet!
Another vote for the Ford.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top