Site Notices
Posted: 11/18/2003 8:32:21 AM EDT
launch.yahoo.com/read/news.asp?contentID=215561

They must be getting bitch slapped.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 8:50:22 AM EDT
[#1]

Jethro Tull Apologizes for Flag Comments
(AP, 11/18/2003 7:52:00AM)

The frontman of British band Jethro Tull has apologized for remarks made in a newspaper interview that seemingly criticized displays of the Stars and Stripes.

In a posting on Jethro Tull's Web site, Ian Anderson further explained what he meant when he told the Asbury Park Press, "I hate to see the American flag hanging out of every bloody station wagon, out of every SUV, every little Midwestern house in some residential area."

Anderson said his concern wasn't specifically displays of the U.S. flag, but "the flag-waving mind-set" across the world.

The 56-year-old singer said he regretted the tone of the statements and apologized for "any perceived slur on the Stars and Stripes."

"I really didn't understand — even after 35 years of visiting the USA on a regular basis — that this symbol had such fierce resonance for so many people as is now apparent to me," Anderson said.

Anderson said he cannot support the international policies of current U.S. and British administrations, but "I will always stand up to defend the honor and integrity of the American people, anytime, anywhere and in the face of anyone's criticism."

"Anyway, I was out of line on the flag thing and I am sorry for it," he said. "I know I have forever lost some American friends as a result."

The interview had prompted a local classic rock station to remove Jethro Tull from its playlist. On Monday, WCHR-FM program director Phil LoCascio said the station took the step at the request of its audience and would leave any decision to restore the band to listeners as well.

___

On the Net:

http://www.j-tull.com/news/starsandstripes.cfm

http://www.1057thehawkfm.com

Who is Jethro Tull? Any relation to Jethro Bodeen?[sp?]

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 8:53:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Too late, scumbag.

Pack your ass back to England. Lots of people there agree with you, and you can fly the flag of the country that got its ass kicked AND saved by us...
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 8:54:31 AM EDT
[#3]
That guy should go back to inovative agriculture techniques....no wait.... he's dead.

Bilster
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 8:55:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Flute playing commie bastard...
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 8:55:16 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Too late, scumbag.

Pack your ass back to England. Lots of people there agree with you, and you can fly the flag of the country that got its ass kicked AND saved by us...

I agree, too fucking late. I guess this is what happens
when you are thick as a brick.
Fuckem!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top