Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/18/2003 4:06:50 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 4:28:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Maybe he didn't leave Ky on his own accord.  Perhaps he was kicked out.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 4:55:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 5:28:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Well what do ya want from a guy with a last name like FRANCE!
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 6:19:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 6:21:43 AM EDT
[#5]

BBQMAN

Maybe he didn't leave Ky on his own accord. Perhaps he was kicked out.

I would agree. We didn't want him anyway.

Link Posted: 11/18/2003 7:06:43 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
What do you think it is that makes criminals surrender at the sight of a gun in a well-trained hand?  The fear of death. They know that the person holding the gun has the ability to kill them. Which makes my argument even more valid.

Does anybody else actually see any problem with this what-so-ever? I dont see how the successful capture and shooting of a criminal in any way support his argument.

What a Numpty!

/Phil
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 7:10:58 AM EDT
[#7]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BBQMAN

Maybe he didn't leave Ky on his own accord. Perhaps he was kicked out.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DJ's change stations like my kid changes diapers. It's probably one of the few offers he had.

Link Posted: 11/18/2003 7:40:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Find out which businesses advertise on his show. Write the local businesses letters and let them know of your displeasure of them advertising on that particular show.

If you have a group like VACDL in Ohio, get them involved in the letter writing campaign as well.

Nothing says "Screw You" like a local business man calling the station to complain about a host.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 7:17:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Guys, I sent Bob an email yesterday. This morning he sent me one back that says he will read it and respond to it on the air.
I wish I could pick up his station.
If anyone listens to it, post an update as to what he says!
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 7:50:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 5:36:10 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm not sure. When I get home tonight, I will open the email and post it here.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 10:01:32 PM EDT
[#12]
As promised, here's the email and its reply. Looks like I missed it TODAY!

Thanks, Bill, for your thoughts and your email.  Tune in Wednesday morning...I will be reading and resonding to it on the air...

Best regards,
Bob Frantz
Morning Show Host
Newsradio 1370 WSPD
125 S. Superior
Toledo, OH  43602
Phone: 419-244-8321 ext. 110
Fax: 419-242-2846
www.WSPD.com
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, November 18, 2003 11:02 AM
To: Frantz, Robert
Subject: Anti gun remarks you've made.

Bob, My name is Bill and I wanted to comment on you commentary. A couple of things I've read that you've said on the radio:

1. "It scares me to hear that you've been raised with firearms. Nothing scares me more than seeing a photo of a 7 year-old kid with his first deer. To give a child the power of a rifle..."

If you're so scared of firearms, then my advice to you is to stay away from them. Also, a 7 y.o. with his or her first deer is nothing new. I thought you might know that since you used to live in Kentucky. But more important, the way you said it makes it sound like we are letting 7 year olds go out on their own and hunt, unsupervised. This is not the case. Who in their right mind would let a child go out into the wilderness on their own? They are supervised, very well, by an experienced hunter. But what would you know, you're a d.j. who brags on the fact that you've never picked up a hand gun.

2. "I fear there'll be road rage and bar fights ending in tradgedy." I would have to assume you made this comment in regards to a Concealed Carry Law. Why would armed citizenery be advocating road rage and killing sprees in bars? Fact: most folks who would carry a weapon concealed already have a weapon in their cars / trucks where legal to do so. Fact, it's against the law to carry concealed into such establishments that serve liquor by the drink. Fact. You obviously don't know what you are talking about but have the power of a microphone and a 100,000 watt radio station at your disposal to spread falsehoods and assumptions that you've made, all on your own.

Another fact is the purpose of a Concealed Carry Law (ccw). It's a known fact that criminals will be armed, with whatever weapon they choose, they ignore any laws they want. The sole purpose for a CCW is that a law abiding citizen can carry a weapon of their choice and not break the law. Imagine a law abiding gun owner, like myself, who travels a lot at odd times of the night. I work swing shifts at a factory and have 15 miles to drive, I live in a rural area. What's so wrong about me wanting to put my pistol in a holster and put on a jacket? Is that so wrong? What is the danger? Under your imagination, you think I'm going to get into a gun fight on my way to work! My wife works at the same place and travels often by herself, the same route and same times of night. Now, what if she breaks down? Do I want to place her safety in her cell phone and the police? The nearest law enforcement is 15 miles away, at a speed (if they could be dispatched at the exact time of need) would be roughly 15 minutes. Now a hell of a lot can happen in 15 minutes, and I'm not letting my wife depend upon cell phone service and law enforcement that is a quarter hour away.
Fact. The mere presence of a firearm will deter most crimes before they are committed. Put yourself in the "bad guy's" shoes. If preying upon a stranded woman motorist, and you see a firearm in her possesion, are you going to go through with the crime? Probably not. So, what's so wrong about my wife having the means to protect herself? NOTHING. You Sir, have the right to state your opinions, it's in the Constitution. I also have the right to bear arms, it's in the Constitution as well, or have you not read it?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top