Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/14/2003 2:35:20 PM EDT
I was thinking about flamethrowers today. You know how those military models are totally legal and unrestricted.  But where do you buy one?

Someone needs to manufacture a mil-spec flamethrower, then market it nationwide. They'd make a bloody mint.
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 2:47:06 PM EDT
[#1]
You would have the task of making a model that will actually be safe.
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 2:50:09 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Hmmm...that'll complicate my plans to manufacture them in Mexico.
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 2:54:53 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, he meant safe for the users.  Not the laborers.
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 3:10:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Hmm, I would be willing to to help with a vehicle mounted one...
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 3:27:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 3:35:36 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
You know how those military models are totally legal and unrestricted.

Let somebody actually gear up to produce one and see how fast "the gubment" and the liberals rush to enact new laws...."for the chilluns"

Hessian-1 out!
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 5:08:32 PM EDT
[#7]
some old soup cans and an air hose, heck you could makem in mexico for bout 7.39 each, in the us the costs would be slightly higher, bout 83000 each, unions.....
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 5:21:00 PM EDT
[#8]
I was a Combat Engineer in RVN, they trained us on how to use those damn things. Also had a flame track attached to us sometimes, called it a  zippo. Left nothing but crispy critters behind. I ain't your daddy but a flame thrower ain't nothing to play with. There are two tanks on a harness, the left one is compressed air, the right one naptha. The hose and nozzle runs out of the bottom of the right one. When you pull the trigger the compressed air releases into the naptha tank and a stream flies out about the diameter of a nickel,it has the consistency of drippy gooey snot. Distance depends on the remaing air pressure. As you pull the trigger it ignites a primer which sets that shit off. The air pressure can knock you down if standing, we always knelt down and leaned forward. They also drip which sets the grass on fire at your feet. If you fall down while using it you will burn you ass up. Same thing happens if a bullet hits and ruptures the tanks.

rk
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 5:24:01 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I was a Combat Engineer in RVN, they trained us on how to use those damn things. Also had a flame track attached to us sometimes, called it a  zippo. Left nothing but crispy critters behind. I ain't your daddy but a flame thrower ain't nothing to play with. There are two tanks on a harness, the left one is compressed air, the right one naptha. The hose and nozzle runs out of the bottom of the right one. When you pull the trigger the compressed air releases into the naptha tank and a stream flies out about the diameter of a nickel,it has the consistency of drippy gooey snot. Distance depends on the remaing air pressure. As you pull the trigger it ignites a primer which sets that shit off. The air pressure can knock you down if standing, we always knelt down and leaned forward. They also drip which sets the grass on fire at your feet. If you fall down while using it you will burn you ass up. Same thing happens if a bullet hits and ruptures the tanks.

rk

I'll make sure there's a warning sticker on each and every one of my flame throwers.
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 5:55:16 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I'll make sure there's a warning sticker on each and every one of my flame throwers.

Yeah, that'll work.
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 8:57:02 PM EDT
[#11]
To hell with selling the entire flamethrower, just sell the plans, along with any hard-to-build parts. Then include a disclaimer in your advertisements: FOR DEMONSTRATION PURPOSES ONLY; NOT TO BE USED FOR BUILDING FUNCTIONAL MODELS.
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 9:00:01 PM EDT
[#12]
i always imagined a business much like pizza delivery but with beer................

think about it.............drunks that have no business to drive, call you and order beer.  you deliver, keep a drunk off the road and everybody is happy

bound to be illegal though, makes too much sense
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 12:10:11 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
To hell with selling the entire flamethrower, just sell the plans, along with any hard-to-build parts. Then include a disclaimer in your advertisements: FOR DEMONSTRATION PURPOSES ONLY; NOT TO BE USED FOR BUILDING FUNCTIONAL MODELS.

Paladin Press already sells such a book "for information & entertainment purposes only"...  Acc to the book, a vehicle mounted moter driven pump (bronze geared), propane torch pilot light 'zippo' is the way to go.  Commercial models are available in forestry/agriculture type catalogs & are used for started backfires & brush clearing.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 12:19:28 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Numerous shell corps

You should call some of the insurance companies asking for product liability insurance on your new line of flamethrowers and tape the calls, lol.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top