If you have a hole for it or plans to install it illegally
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 9:55:12 PM EDT
[#2]
No it is not illegal to buy.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 9:56:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
i went and checked the wording of the 2nd amendment.  it's legal.
View Quote
We President now.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 9:57:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Perhaps you missed this the first time, OP.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Its legal to own the entire lower parts kit for an m16. It's not legal to mill out or drill the sear pin hole on your AR15.
Perhaps you missed this the first time, OP.
Is it now illegal? O did i miss something
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 10:01:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Interesting. I keep mine inside my lower. This way I don't lose it by mistake.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 11:31:46 PM EDT
[#6]
OP, why are you asking armchair internet expert strangers for their OPINIONS?
Our opinions are worth just what you paid for them and won't stand up well in court. (well Arfcom said... 2nd amendment...)
Ask the Man in writing, get a response in writing and HOPE they don't say, "well yeah, we said it was ok then, but we didn't REALLY mean it and NOW we say it's not.

Clang.

Don't think it can't happen, they make up rules, then have THEIR "Tech Branch" make the determination if it's "iffy".
Nowhere else outside a 3rd world dictatorship do the enforcers get to make the laws they enforce.

Me? I wouldn't touch a auto sear, just won't.

Oh, don't forget, there was a case last year where some lowers were determined to be machine guns (by....BATFE's Tech Branch) because fake non correct in size or placement auto sear holes were engraved on said lowers.(and the lowers were NOT milled to be able to accept the auto sear)
Did ATF quote a law? No.
They just pronounced and seized.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 1:26:12 AM EDT
[#7]
On one hand I hate bad info but on the other the laws are so dumb I almost understand. Throw in the fact that atf does things like shut down a business for making the trigger pocket out of of a different material or shut down the engraving of a fake sear pin on retro guns.

So I understand why people are so hesitant to push their luck and so easily swallow bad info because compared to the truth it’s not that crazy.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 8:40:34 AM EDT
[#8]
parts are parts, no big deal
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 8:42:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
https://jtdistributing.com/m16-sear

Just to make a necklace piece out of?
View Quote
Everyone that ever bought an AK Kit gets the full auto FCG.

I have one at the house as well....

No
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 8:53:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I'll admit I haven't kept up with it. but I thought this was frowned upon because the ATF could get to you for intent.
View Quote
Maybe they could charge you with the intent to be awesome!
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 8:59:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Do you have an SOT that let’s you have posties? Do you have a transferable registered receiver lower that you need a replacement auto sear for?

If the answer to both of those questions is no, you’re SOL.
View Quote
Unless he has no AR15...
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 9:23:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Why not get the entire LPK on sale $89

https://www.doaarms.com/M16-Full-Auto-Lower-Parts-Kit-p/m16lpk.htm
https://www.doaarms.com/M16-Full-Auto-Lower-Parts-Kit-p/m16lpk.htm
View Quote
From your link

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 9:24:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Can you drill the 3rd hole in a <80% receiver?
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 9:43:11 AM EDT
[#14]
No shit.  A lower is considered a firearm. Who knew.

That's why it has a serial # sunshine and you get it through an FFL.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 9:59:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
I'm pretty sure there was a case of the ATF inspecting an anodizer shop and confiscating an engraved retro 80% because it had the fake engraved o to look like an auto sear pin.
Can't remember how it came out, wether the guy got it back or not.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 10:02:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Constructive intent has never and will never exist. Constructive possession is a thing that they can gig you for if they really want to, but for that to apply you have to have all the required parts that can be assembled into an illegal firearm *AND* have no LEGAL use for said items.

Example - a person that owns a legal M16 lower can have a box of spare lower parts, who gives a fuck. Same thing with the short uppers (for a SBR/pistol as well), etc.

A person that does not own a M16 lower can also own lower receiver parts (like an auto sear on a keychain or whatever) because they won't work on a semi lower without modification.

It gets sketchy if a person that does not own a M16 lower owns all the parts required to convert an AR15 to M16 (bolt carrier, sear, hammer, disconnector, selector, and required assorted accessories like springs pins etc) and a semi AR15 (with or without the proper milling) and I wouldn't want to be that guy. This is also the place where people that have multiple AR15/M16 configurations some with short barrels some without can get in trouble if the ATF wants to be a dick.

It is recommended that if you own a M16/SBR/pistol and also normal non-nfa AR15 rifles that you keep a safe lower for each short upper you own. This was never a problem for me as I had only the M16RR at the time so all my spare uppers were clearly for that. It kinda makes sense though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll admit I haven't kept up with it. but I thought this was frowned upon because the ATF could get to you for intent.
Constructive intent has never and will never exist. Constructive possession is a thing that they can gig you for if they really want to, but for that to apply you have to have all the required parts that can be assembled into an illegal firearm *AND* have no LEGAL use for said items.

Example - a person that owns a legal M16 lower can have a box of spare lower parts, who gives a fuck. Same thing with the short uppers (for a SBR/pistol as well), etc.

A person that does not own a M16 lower can also own lower receiver parts (like an auto sear on a keychain or whatever) because they won't work on a semi lower without modification.

It gets sketchy if a person that does not own a M16 lower owns all the parts required to convert an AR15 to M16 (bolt carrier, sear, hammer, disconnector, selector, and required assorted accessories like springs pins etc) and a semi AR15 (with or without the proper milling) and I wouldn't want to be that guy. This is also the place where people that have multiple AR15/M16 configurations some with short barrels some without can get in trouble if the ATF wants to be a dick.

It is recommended that if you own a M16/SBR/pistol and also normal non-nfa AR15 rifles that you keep a safe lower for each short upper you own. This was never a problem for me as I had only the M16RR at the time so all my spare uppers were clearly for that. It kinda makes sense though.
I'm not going to pretend I know anything about owning NFA parts because I live in NJ and even thinking about guns is frowned upon here BUT they nail people to the walls in NJ all the time for "intent". All the fucking time. But then again, it's NJ and it's a fucking shithole.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 10:10:56 AM EDT
[#17]
They been selling them for years in Shotgun News

Link Posted: 9/22/2018 10:51:28 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'm pretty sure there was a case of the ATF inspecting an anodizer shop and confiscating an engraved retro 80% because it had the fake engraved o to look like an auto sear pin.
Can't remember how it came out, whether the guy got it back or not.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Can't remember how it came out, whether the guy got it back or not.
I remember issues with completed receivers,even when they weren't in the right place,but 80% are just paper weights.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 11:19:42 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
It gets worse every year. There was a time that the majority here actually knew the laws. Over the past 10 years there's more and more people who think they know gun stuff....but they seem to make shit up as they go.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hell, I remember people here claiming that having a full auto BCG would get you 10 years in the pokey.  
It gets worse every year. There was a time that the majority here actually knew the laws. Over the past 10 years there's more and more people who think they know gun stuff....but they seem to make shit up as they go.
Is this a problem with the people or the confusing laws? The way I understand it is that full auto parts by themselves are legal to own. Once you have a semi-auto rifle though things get confusing. When does "constructive possession" kick in? I think this is where a lot of people can cross the ATF line even when trying to stay in compliance.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 11:42:45 AM EDT
[#20]
hey more ignorance as it was not the 34 act that banned them but the 86 act signed into law by the so called great conservative Ronald Reagan. The only president to actually ban the action of a firearm for civilian use.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 11:45:26 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
i went and checked the wording of the 2nd amendment.  it's legal.
View Quote
Quoted:

America is under new management.
View Quote
I like these guys
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 11:55:16 AM EDT
[#22]
I will avoid the options that might involve surprise buttsex for me. I highly value my anal virginity. Just in case.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 12:05:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Pay cash at a gun show, don't sweat it, it's not illegal.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 12:34:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Sure but IF anything happens that involves THE LAW and you, YOU will be put on the spot and prove to THE LAW that you are not guilty.  I have no need to have that in my house to be conjectured by THE LAW.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 4:10:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Wrong. You can mill, can’t drill and install sear.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Its legal to own the entire lower parts kit for an m16. It's not legal to mill out or drill the sear pin hole on your AR15.
Wrong. You can mill, can’t drill and install sear.
You can buy the receivers already milled, all receivers should be that open.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 7:13:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
It's like an HK sear, or any other sear like that. If you aren't under the general 02 SOT umbrella, and don't have a papered MG, it's a paperweight. Or a keychain fob, which is how I prefer to give them as gifts.  
View Quote
I always thought that you could call one an un-drilled rear sight aperture.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 7:16:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Do you have an SOT that let's you have posties? Do you have a transferable registered receiver lower that you need a replacement auto sear for?

If the answer to both of those questions is no, you're SOL.
View Quote
Oh for fucks sake
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 7:39:19 PM EDT
[#28]
I would rather have a three round burst than full auto.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 8:04:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 9:06:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
As two threads here on Arfcom have discussed - for simply having the outline of a hole - not a drilled hole, just a circle - engraved on the lower.

http://i.imgur.com/ssne3YY.jpg

First thread by 37thguy

2nd thread by dangerdan
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
OP, why are you asking armchair internet expert strangers for their OPINIONS?
Our opinions are worth just what you paid for them and won't stand up well in court. (well Arfcom said... 2nd amendment...)
Ask the Man in writing, get a response in writing and HOPE they don't say, "well yeah, we said it was ok then, but we didn't REALLY mean it and NOW we say it's not.

Clang.

Don't think it can't happen, they make up rules, then have THEIR "Tech Branch" make the determination if it's "iffy".
Nowhere else outside a 3rd world dictatorship do the enforcers get to make the laws they enforce.

Me? I wouldn't touch a auto sear, just won't.

Oh, don't forget, there was a case last year where some lowers were determined to be machine guns (by....BATFE's Tech Branch) because fake non correct in size or placement auto sear holes were engraved on said lowers.(and the lowers were NOT milled to be able to accept the auto sear)
Did ATF quote a law? No.
They just pronounced and seized.
As two threads here on Arfcom have discussed - for simply having the outline of a hole - not a drilled hole, just a circle - engraved on the lower.

http://i.imgur.com/ssne3YY.jpg

First thread by 37thguy

2nd thread by dangerdan
I know I for one feel safer
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 9:26:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Link didn't work
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 8:25:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Logically thinking if the full auto FCG’s and various jigs were illegal, all the online sellers would be fined/arrested/etc

Instead they’ readily available
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 8:45:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Logically thinking if the full auto FCG’s and various jigs were illegal, all the online sellers would be fined/arrested/etc

Instead they’ readily available
View Quote
What if the online sellers are all feds and it's a huge trap???
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 8:49:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
via Imgflip Meme Generator" />
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 8:58:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I remember issues with completed receivers,even when they weren't in the right place,but 80% are just paper weights.
View Quote
They were 80% recievers, ATF also claimed as soon as they were engraved they became more than 80%
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 8:34:36 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
4D chess
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 8:48:39 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Hell, I remember people here claiming that having a full auto BCG would get you 10 years in the pokey.  
View Quote
My buddy was convinced that owning a suppressor involved giving your safe combo to ATF so they could check in at anytime
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 8:52:06 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Do you have an SOT that let’s you have posties? Do you have a transferable registered receiver lower that you need a replacement auto sear for?

View Quote
lol, no... just... no.

You should stop.
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 8:53:36 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
It’s absolutely legal to own. You can even have an M16 FCG, BCG, and a Bowers M16 sear jig all stacked next to an AR-15. Unless you go drilling holes in lowers you’re fine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It’s absolutely legal to own. You can even have an M16 FCG, BCG, and a Bowers M16 sear jig all stacked next to an AR-15. Unless you go drilling holes in lowers you’re fine.
I did not know that...
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top