BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 8:03:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I flew that exact maneuver at air shows. The alpha limit is much lower than what the jet is capable of exactly because of this mishap. You actually stuff the stick forward towards the ground, which is unnerving but that breaks the alpha and should let you fly away. The specs for that maneuver are built entirely around losing a motor.
View Quote
It was said the Bee Gees music jammed the electronics.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 8:03:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
She may have been better suited to fly CODs or P-3s; it's still flying.
View Quote
She was already flying EA-6A's.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 8:11:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Should be just one line:

"Dead, because competence or merit were less important than First Vagina To Fly F14."
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not my best photographs, but .....

On display outside Arnold Engineering Development Center (formerly Arnold AFB) in Tullahoma, TN:

http://sc-photo-tn.com/wp-content/gallery/2013/aircraft/2009-04-05-08.jpg

http://sc-photo-tn.com/wp-content/gallery/2013/aircraft/aedc19.jpg
Should be just one line:

"Dead, because competence or merit were less important than First Vagina To Fly F14."
It's less funny when you or your family perish because # of vaginas in turnout gear.  I've seen the exact same thing at the academy and in the field(peer and supervisor), problem is those PC placements actually have an affect on you and yours because they're in your town.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 8:11:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Why not? Serious question...
View Quote
Her training records were stolen by a fellow pilot, Lt. Patrick Burns from the NATOPS office.
Training records are confidential.
They were under lock and key.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 8:12:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
She was a carrier qualified EA6B pilot with 18 months experience before volunteering to transition to F14s IIRC. Kharn
View Quote
EA-6A
She wanted F-18's.
In her case that would have been a better aircraft.
In 1993 Women were already flying the F-18 (not in combat though).
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 8:13:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The engine failure didnt come out of nowhere...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

On display outside Arnold Engineering Development Center (formerly Arnold AFB) in Tullahoma, TN:

The engine failure didnt come out of nowhere...
Yeah, they left the "control induced" part of that out.

Her crash was one of our case studies in twin ground school.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 8:13:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
http://www.vaq34.com/vaq34/vaq33ea6e156987.jpg
View Quote
I didn't know that.
A-6s were pretty awesome birds in their own right.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 8:13:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

High angle of attack caused a stall on the port side engine, overpower from the still running starboard side flipped the plane 90 to the left. RIO triggered dual ejection, he lived, she ejected into the water and was killed.
View Quote
I don't think the high angle of attack caused the compressor stall, I think it was yaw when she stepped on the left rudder.

Then when she selected afterburner on the right engine she got asymmetric thrust. That caused even more yaw. The retreating left wing at that point was producing so much less lift than the advancing right wing that an uncontrollable roll to the left resulted.

The RIO in the back seat initiated an ejection sequence for both crew members. There are built-in delays between the canopy, the rear seat, and the front seat. By the time the front seat went up the rails, it was pointed at the water.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 8:13:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Actually this was 24 years ago and yes, they used to do that.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 8:14:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
BuNo 160390 was one of the two jets from VF 41 which shot down the Libyan SU 22s in August 1981.
View Quote
Also came to post this.  Sad loss of a actual historic airframe.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 8:15:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

http://www.vaq34.com/vaq34/vaq33ea6e156987.jpg
View Quote
How long?  Articles say she "received orders" to a Prowler squadron but I've yet to find any indication she actually got there.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 8:25:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Must have been creepy seeing her still strapped in her seat sitting in 3,700ft of water.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I met the guy who recovered her. He was a deep sub pilot.
Must have been creepy seeing her still strapped in her seat sitting in 3,700ft of water.
251.7 bar(atmospheres[1=14.7psi]).  Probably didn't look like much, even as a rescue diver I wouldn't want to see that(can't go a 1/10 of that anyway).
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 8:27:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

It's why Goose died
View Quote
Goose died because Mav's ego was writing checks that his body couldn't cash.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 8:27:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
How long?  Articles say she "received orders" to a Prowler squadron but I've yet to find any indication she actually got there.
View Quote
The EA-6A is not a "Prowler", it's an "Intruder".
She was flying with VAQ-33 out of NAS Key West.

Google, it's a motherfucker.

She got to VAQ-33 in 1989 and left for F-14 training in 1993.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 8:30:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Hutgreen's pipeline to the F-14

1987-1988, Aviation Officer Candidate School (Student)
1988-1989, COMTRAWING 4, VT-27, T-34C Turbomentor
1989-1989, COMTRAWING 3,  T-2C Buckeye / TA-4J Skyhawk II
1989-1993, VAQ-33 Firebirds, EA-6A Intruder
1993-1994, VF-124 Gunfighters, F-14A
1994-1994, VF-213 Black Lions, F-14A
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 8:30:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's why Goose died
Goose died because the script said it should be.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 8:35:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I don't think the high angle of attack caused the compressor stall, I think it was yaw when she stepped on the left rudder.

Then when she selected afterburner on the right engine she got asymmetric thrust. That caused even more yaw. The retreating left wing at that point was producing so much less lift than the advancing right wing that an uncontrollable roll to the left resulted.

The RIO in the back seat initiated an ejection sequence for both crew members. There are built-in delays between the canopy, the rear seat, and the front seat. By the time the front seat went up the rails, it was pointed at the water.
View Quote
How much rudder would it take to cause a stall?
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 8:40:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

251.7 bar(atmospheres[1=14.7psi]).  Probably didn't look like much, even as a rescue diver I wouldn't want to see that(can't go a 1/10 of that anyway).
View Quote
I met a guy who SCUBA recovered a mother and her baby from a light plane crash in a lake back in the 1980s.
he had nightmares for years afterward.
he couldn't shake the image of the mother still holding her baby in her arms, with her husband strapped in next to her.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 8:43:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

So what happened to pilot B
View Quote
Pilot B

Found this article about Lt Burns... I'm guessing the other pilot was the one in the Libel suit.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 8:44:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

VAQ-33.  Think about that. VAQ-33.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 8:47:22 PM EDT
[#22]
One of her fellow male students had some issues flying the F-14 after he graduated.
He managed to crash one F-14 and then crash yet another, this time killing himself, his RIO and three people on the ground.

Navy Blames Showing Off For Jet Crash
By TIM WEINER

The Navy said today that a pilot was probably showing off for his parents when he crashed an F-14A jet fighter in Nashville in January, killing himself, a fellow officer and three people on the ground.

The pilot, Lieut. Comdr. John Stacy Bates, had been grounded for a month in April 1995 after he lost control of another F-14A after taking off from the aircraft carrier U.S.S. Lincoln.
The plane crashed after the pilot and his crew ejected.
The crew members were rescued.

Her squadron, VF-213, was as fucked up as a football bat back in the 90's.
https://www.nytimes.com/1996/01/31/us/jet-aviator-killed-in-nashville-had-earlier-crash-navy-says.html
The crash was the fourth in 16 months for Fighter Squadron 213, a 14-plane unit known as the Fighting Blacklions and one of six F-14 squadrons assigned to Miramar Naval Air Station near San Diego.
The unit's safety record is by far the worst among the Navy's 13 F-14 squadrons.

The plane was as fucked up as a football bat.

Three F-14 Fighter Jet Crashes Lead to Limits on Navy Pilots
https://www.nytimes.com/1996/02/25/us/three-f-14-fighter-jet-crashes-lead-to-limits-on-navy-pilots.html
The New York Times
ARCHIVES | 1996
Three F-14 Fighter Jet Crashes Lead to Limits on Navy Pilots
By PHILIP SHENON

The Navy imposed new restrictions today on pilots who fly the F-14 jet fighter, after three of the trouble-plagued jets crashed in the last month, killing four Navy airmen and three civilians.

While the Navy said it had found no common thread in the recent crashes, it announced that it had placed temporary limitations on the speed at which an F-14 could be flown, and on the use of afterburners, which give a plane extra thrust by injecting fuel into hot exhaust gases.

All F-14 pilots will also be required to undergo refresher safety courses before they are allowed to fly again, a requirement that could keep some grounded for several more days.

The Navy made the announcement as it ended a three-day worldwide shutdown on operations of the carrier-based F-14 Tomcat.

In recent years the Navy's fleet of more than 330 F-14's has suffered a series of catastrophic accidents, including a crash on Jan. 29 in which one of the early models of the fighter, an F-14A, smashed into a residential neighborhood in Nashville, killing the two-man crew and three civilians on the ground.

On Feb. 18, one of the latest models, an F-14D, went down off the coast of southern California, killing its two-person crew.

On Thursday, an F-14A crashed into the Persian Gulf; the pilot and radar operator had minor injuries.

The F-14 has the highest accident rate among Navy combat planes, and its problems have mounted even as the overall safety record for Navy planes has improved dramatically in recent years.
Ten F-14's have gone down in the past two years, and 32 since 1991.
Each plane costs more than $30 million.

When you actually look at what was going on in the F-14 Naval Aviation Community in the early-mid 90's a clear pictures starts to form.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 8:58:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
Are you fucking serious?
Did you bother to read up on VAQ-33?

VAQ-33 was a FEWSG squadron, not a CVWP squadron.

The "modern" (1970's and on) VAQ-33 operated at one time or another the:
ERA-3B Skywarrior
KA-3B Skywarrior
TA-3B Skywarrior
EA-4F Skyhawk
NC-121K Warning Star
EF-4B Phantom II
EF-4J Phantom II
EA-7L Corsair II
TA-7C Corsair II
EA-6A Intruder
EP-3J Orion
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 8:58:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
How is that possible?  She was still a JG.  Flight School for the jet pipeline takes almost 2 years, assuming she gets a slot the day after commissioning, and most all of that is done in classrooms or trainers.  Then she goes to type training, then the RAG.  A year after getting her wings (36 months from commissioning) she'd have been frocked to LT.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

She was a carrier qualified EA6B pilot with 18 months experience before volunteering to transition to F14s IIRC.

Kharn
How is that possible?  She was still a JG.  Flight School for the jet pipeline takes almost 2 years, assuming she gets a slot the day after commissioning, and most all of that is done in classrooms or trainers.  Then she goes to type training, then the RAG.  A year after getting her wings (36 months from commissioning) she'd have been frocked to LT.
She served '87-'94, dying 3 weeks after her 29th birthday and entered the Navy through OCS after college (aerospace engineering).

Kharn
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:01:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
And your point being?
Neither VAQ-33 or VAQ-34 operated the EA-6B Prowler.

VAQ-35 did, but it was not a "VAQ" squadron like the other 13 Navy EA-6B squadrons.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:02:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Are you fucking serious?
Did you bother to read up on VAQ-33?

VAQ-33 was a FEWSG squadron, not a CVWP squadron.

The "modern" (1970's and on) VAQ-33 operated at one time or another the:
ERA-3B Skywarrior
KA-3B Skywarrior
TA-3B Skywarrior
EA-4F Skyhawk
NC-121K Warning Star
EF-4B Phantom II
EF-4J Phantom II
EA-7L Corsair II
TA-7C Corsair II
EA-6A Intruder
EP-3J Orion
View Quote
No. What I'm saying is that it's rather being a dick to browbeat someone for simply seeing a VAQ squadron and assume prowlers, not intruders.  If it makes you feel good, have at it, but your being a bit ridiculous.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:03:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

And your point being?
Neither VAQ-33 or VAQ-34 operated the EA-6B Prowler.

VAQ-35 did, but it was not a "VAQ" squadron like the other 13 Navy EA-6B squadrons.
View Quote
Exactly my fucking point. Chill out.  Since all but 2 squadrons that are VAQ are Prowler, it is not an unreasonable assumption to make.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:04:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

The recovery itself was highly unusual and expensive. Had it been a male in the front seat, aircraft and pilot would have been listed as "lost at sea".
TBTB desperately wanted to find a mechanical cause to blame, rather than pilot error.

Quoted:
Quoted:
I can't imagine the body looked pristine after hitting the water at however many MPH she did either.
Her squadron flight surgeon brought her autopsy x-rays to our department for official review when I was a radiology resident at NHSD (Balboa). We had a bunch of former flight surgeons as staff and residents (myself included) at that time, so we had a professional interest, as many of us had served on mishap boards as flight surgeons. It's not a HIPAA violation to say the ejection was not survivable, period. Had there been a rescue swimmer right there in the water, it would have done no good. It was pretty obvious on the films, even after nearly 3 weeks on the bottom.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:04:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Exactly my fucking point. Chill out.  Since all but 2 squadrons that are VAQ are Prowler, it is not an unreasonable assumption to make.
View Quote
I wouldn’t sweat it, just his style.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:07:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
No. What I'm saying is that it's rather being a dick to browbeat someone for simply seeing a VAQ squadron and assume prowlers, not intruders.  If it makes you feel good, have at it, but your being a bit ridiculous.
View Quote
Good lord, it all goes back to what I keep hammering on - DO YOUR FUCKING RESEARCH BEFORE POSTING - Google, it's a motherfucker.

If you want me not to be a "dick" then tell the truth - "Hey KA-3B, I didn't realize that there was an EA-6A version of the Intruder. The VAQ thing is confusing too. After using Google and reading Wiki I now have a better understanding of what aircraft she flew in and when she flew them. You're still a dick. Love, NavyDoc1"
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:08:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are two kinds of stalls here.

A compressor stall is when a jet engine isn't getting enough air. She got that when she stepped on the rudder, yawed the plane, and blanked the left intake with the nose.

A wing stall is when a wing stops producing lift. Her left wing stopped producing lift, and her right wing was still producing lift, so she rolled left.

Both of these were self-induced.

I don't want to denigrate Lieutenant Hultgreen. She was intelligent and brave. But she did not belong in a fighter cockpit. She was a victim of political correctness.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:10:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Good lord, it all goes back to what I keep hammering on - DO YOUR FUCKING RESEARCH BEFORE POSTING - Google, it's a motherfucker.

If you want me not to be a "dick" then tell the truth - "Hey KA-3B, I didn't realize that there was an EA-6A version of the Intruder. The VAQ thing is confusing too. After using Google and reading Wiki I now have a better understanding of what aircraft she flew in and when she flew them. You're still a dick. Love, NavyDoc1"
View Quote
You google everything about a thread before you post? Really? Can you think for yourself without google?  My oh my, what did you do before google?

C'mon.  You just like to find a reason to be dick.   With the vast majority of VAQ squadrons being Prowlers, it is not unreasonable to assume that a particular VAQ squadron was a Prowler.  And, for all intents and purposes, it really doesn't fucking matter.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:11:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Prowlers vs Intruders? Same basic airframe, different missions. Not a naval aviator, but I imagine landing a Prowler on an aircraft carrier is VERY similar to landing an Intruder.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:12:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Pilot B

Found this article about Lt Burns... I'm guessing the other pilot was the one in the Libel suit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pilot B

Carey Dunai Lohrenz. Can’t find much information about her career as a pilot of F14s . She resigned in 99 so a very short career.

Interesting that she never perused a career in flying when she left.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:13:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Prowlers vs Intruders? Same basic airframe, different missions. Not a naval aviator, but I imagine landing a Prowler on an aircraft carrier is VERY similar to landing an Intruder.
View Quote
Apparently it's a big fucking deal.  I wonder how many aircraft he has landed, regardless of type.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:14:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Her squadron flight surgeon brought her autopsy x-rays to our department for official review when I was a radiology resident at NHSD (Balboa). We had a bunch of former flight surgeons as staff and residents (myself included) at that time, so we had a professional interest, as many of us had served on mishap boards as flight surgeons. It's not a HIPAA violation to say the ejection was not survivable, period. Had there been a rescue swimmer right there in the water, it would have done no good. It was pretty obvious on the films, even after nearly 3 weeks on the bottom.
View Quote
I was a C-12 Crewman at NAS Whidbey Island.
One of the squadrons had an A-6 that when down in the Columbia River when the pilot fucked up.
Both crew members died.
The NFO was found on the beach a few hundred yards down from where the crash happened.

It took them three weeks to find the pilot.
They found him deep under water with his chute wrapped up around a bunch of rocks.

The plan was to put him in a body bag and put him into the C-12 and transport him back to NAS Whidbey.
The body was so bloated that it would not fit in a body bag.

They ended up bringing a station SAR SH-3D helo there, they got his body wrapped up and placed on ice and transported him back on the helo.

The rescue crewman and the plane captain had to remove the floorboards of the helo and take a hose to rinse out the body fluids after his body was off-loaded.

Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:15:33 PM EDT
[#37]
This explains girl power in the military to this day.

the scrotum hunt that ensued after tailhook cowed those left standing afterward and cemented social engineering as the US military's primary mission
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:16:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Carey Dunai Lohrenz. Can’t find much information about her career as a pilot of F14s . She resigned in 99 so a very short career.

Interesting that she never perused a career in flying when she left.
View Quote
Better sit down for this: she's a motivational speaker.

Here's a link to her website:

https://careylohrenz.com

"Carey shares the fundamentals that helped her win in the cockpit at Mach 2"
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:19:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Her training records were stolen by a fellow pilot, Lt. Patrick Burns from the NATOPS office.
Training records are confidential.
They were under lock and key
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:19:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

This explains girl power in the military to this day.

the scrotum hunt that ensued after tailhook cowed those left standing afterward and cemented social engineering as the US military's primary mission
View Quote
Also known as "DACOWITS" -  Defense Advisory Committee on Women in the Services.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:21:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
It's less funny when you or your family perish because # of vaginas in turnout gear.  I've seen the exact same thing at the academy and in the field(peer and supervisor), problem is those PC placements actually have an affect on you and yours because they're in your town.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Should be just one line:

There is nothing funny about what I said, and it was not an attempt at humor. I was directly highlighting the problem with PC/Affirmative Action/Vaginas Forward.  It means competence and merit take a back seat to political considerations.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:23:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Her transition to the F-14 report. She had no business flying on that carrier.

https://www.cmrlink.org/data/sites/85/CMRDocuments/CMRRPT09-0695.pdf
If I put the bits together she left the navy and became an aviation expert for the media.  She is pictured earlier.   Sounds like she saved her life.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:24:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
You google everything about a thread before you post? Really? Can you think for yourself without google?  My oh my, what did you do before google?
C'mon.  You just like to find a reason to be dick.   With the vast majority of VAQ squadrons being Prowlers, it is not unreasonable to assume that a particular VAQ squadron was a Prowler.  And, for all intents and purposes, it really doesn't fucking matter.
View Quote
In this case I didn't have to Google anything as I already knew the story.
Yes, I can think for myself, that's why I do use Google when I don't know something or when I am unclear on a subject.

Again, it goes back to the "google, it's a motherfucker" thing.

Someone wants an answer to simple question using a fucking computer that can access Google.
Why not use Google to become informed about the subject at hand.

Typical ARFcom question: "ChooChoo trains, how do they work?"

Why not use Google and do some basic research on the question you want to ask before asking the question?

Typical ARFcom response: "So we are supposed to look up the answer to the question before we ask? It's a forum board fer chrissake."

Why not become informed prior to asking the question; do some basic research prior to asking the question.

Now the post looks like this: "Hey I am interested in ChooChoo trains, I was wondering how they worked. I did a basic Google search and found out some cool information. Now my question is this: Who here has ever worked on a ChooChoo train and what does a conjunction really do?"

Simple, you come to the conversation armed with knowledge.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:25:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Lea Gabriel for the win.
Good looks / good pilot.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:27:06 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Yes, I can think for myself, that's why I do use Google when I don't know something or when I am unclear on a subject.

Someone wants an answer to simple question using a fucking computer that can access Google.

Why not use Google and do some basic research on the question you want to ask before asking the question?

Typical ARFcom response: "So we are supposed to look up the answer to the question before we ask? It's a forum board fer chrissake."

Why not become informed prior to asking the question; do some basic research prior to asking the question.

Now the post looks like this: "Hey I am interested in ChooChoo trains, I was wondering how they worked. I did a basic Google search and found out some cool information. Now my question is this: Who here has ever worked on a ChooChoo train and what does a conjunction really do?"

View Quote
So, in order to expand my knowledge, how many hours do you have as a navy pilot? How intimately involved were you in the situation?
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:27:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If we all googled this shit, we'd have nothing to talk about...

Kharn
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:28:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
That’s a pretty serious accusation.
View Quote
I worked in a couple of NATOPS officers as the training PO.
All of it was kept under lock and key.
The information was considered to be confidential.

As far as the "accusation" - Google it up.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:30:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

If we all googled this shit, we'd have nothing to talk about...

Kharn
View Quote
In addition, “googling” isn’t exactly knowledge or research. So far we’ve got a guy ranting about “googling” a detail that really isn’t relevant but somehow thinks it makes him superior
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:32:49 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I worked in a couple of NATOPS officers as the training PO.
All of it was kept under lock and key.
The information was considered to be confidential.

As far as the "accusation" - Google it up.
View Quote
You worked in a few NATOPS officers? That must have been uncomfortable for them.

I WAS a NATOPS officer—bluecard.  We’re not exactly talking Ft. Knox here.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:35:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
So, in order to expand my knowledge, how many hours do you have as a navy pilot? How intimately involved were you in the situation?
View Quote
One does not have to be a Navy pilot to have a simple conversation about a mishap.
You'll notice that I have said nothing about flying an F-14 or how to operate it.

I worked on F-14's and I have over 16 years as an Aircrewman.
I gained some knowledge along the way.
I was a member of VAQ-34 and I worked with VAQ-33 "a lot".

As far as the actual mishap, it was used as a training scenario in a couple of the ACT classes I participated in.

I was also an instructor at the C-12 FRS when LT. Lorenz came through the schoolhouse, I taught a couple of the classes where she was a student.
We (the staff) fielded a lot of questions from the media while she was there.
While she was there her training records were kept locked up in the Skippers safe in his office.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top