BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 11
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 12:56:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have one real Microtech, and I’d buy another one if their prices weren’t rediculous.  But I’m not paying 4-5 hundred dollars for a pocket amusement knife for everyday cutting.

If they were priced at half that I’d fo, but they aren’t so screw ‘em.  I prefer American but I’m not retarded.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
All the suggestions of garbage China knockoffs is disgusting.
You know how someone always says "go be poor somewhere else" ?
Well here we are...
I have one real Microtech, and I’d buy another one if their prices weren’t rediculous.  But I’m not paying 4-5 hundred dollars for a pocket amusement knife for everyday cutting.

If they were priced at half that I’d fo, but they aren’t so screw ‘em.  I prefer American but I’m not retarded.
I can’t bring myself to spend over $100 on a pocket knife. It’s not that I don’t have the money it’s that I’d rather spend $400 on a gun then a knife.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 1:01:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
They outright tell you that you won’t get your knife back if you directly send in an auto knife. It’s supposed to be sent in for service by a Benchmade dealer. It’s a dumb rule, but it’s not a secret.
View Quote
Sounds like theft to me...
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 1:04:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Sounds like theft to me...
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 6:01:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I hate to recommend a fake, but for the guys who are buying Lightnings, the fake Ultratechs or Scarabs are 10 times the knife for about the same price. Not that the Lightnings aren't a Microtech copy too, but they don't have trades on them.
They are D2; and the part fit, machining quality & grinds are very, very good for $50 or under.

If you are deciding between them, as much as I hate to say it, buy the straight fake.
Edit to add:
I'm talking about these: https://www.dhgate.com/product/microtech-ultratech-utx-85-utx85-utx-70-utx70/415994625.html#s1-1-1b;searl
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 6:40:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Got it today. Money well spent for the soothing sound of click clack. There is some side to side play but the action feels pretty solid.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 6:51:57 PM EDT
[#6]
I can get an Ultratech for $190 but only with the tanto blade.

Not sure how I feel about that.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 6:52:53 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a few of the ultratech copies from dhgate, every one seems to fire harder then my microtech, it may need to be cleaned but if I open it it voids the warranty side by side in function and looks I wouldn't be able to tell the difference if I didn't know what I was looking for. I carry the knockoffs more now because it would suck to lose a $230 knife. Attachment Attached File

Middle one is the legit microtech.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 7:01:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I can get an Ultratech for $190 but only with the tanto blade.

Not sure how I feel about that.
View Quote
Easy choice for me, can carry autos, can't carry double edge.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 7:12:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have a few of the ultratech copies from dhgate, every one seems to fire harder then my microtech, it may need to be cleaned but if I open it it voids the warranty side by side in function and looks I wouldn't be able to tell the difference if I didn't know what I was looking for. I carry the knockoffs more now because it would suck to lose a $230 knife. https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/116461/Screenshot_20180817-165337_Gallery-643330.JPG
Middle one is the legit microtech.
View Quote
Fill it with naptha (Ronsonol lighter fluid) and let it sit for a bit, shake it out, fire it 10 times or so.
Don't use any lube.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 7:32:43 PM EDT
[#10]
I ordered a few fakes after being involved in this thread, but also a legit Ultratech dagger blade that should be here tomorrow.  I'm going to see if this scratches the itch or if I still want/need a combat troodon.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 7:56:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Who do you get the emails from?
I'd like to get me some of that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I get an email from lightning about every 2 weeks.  They have coupon codes.  I got the last 2 for 25 bucks each with free shipping.
Who do you get the emails from?
I'd like to get me some of that.
Go to Link

Hit sign up in the top right corner.  Go from there.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 8:42:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 9:38:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Doesn't beat an aliexpress knockoff Microtech with D2 steel for 30 bucks

https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1piqjesUrBKNjSZPxq6x00pXah/BENYS-Microtech-Camo-A07-Troodon-Scarab-Fixed-Blade-Knife.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lightning
This.

If you spend several hundred dollars on a OTF to keep in a box, more power to you.

If you want an inexpensive but useful OTF, get a lightning.

I have several, and they're quite good.

For the money they're unbeatable.
Doesn't beat an aliexpress knockoff Microtech with D2 steel for 30 bucks

https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1piqjesUrBKNjSZPxq6x00pXah/BENYS-Microtech-Camo-A07-Troodon-Scarab-Fixed-Blade-Knife.jpg
I went to there web site and they are all fixed blade knifes they are selling. Can you proved a link to the otf auto knifes
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 9:47:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I went to there web site and they are all fixed blade knifes they are selling. Can you proved a link to the otf auto knifes
View Quote
LOL.  They are auto/OTF.  Alibaba is trying to establish a presence in the U.S., so they don't allow sellers to explicitly advertise "illegal" items.  That's why the pictures only show the back side and not the front where the button is.  Logos are photoshopped out, etc.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:24:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
That looks nice. Must resist.
View All Quotes
It is, I have two, that's the fake I keep in my toolbox.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:41:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Ordering under your own name or shipping to a pseudonym?

This one has my attention but what happens if it gets seized? Just lose the shipment and that’s it?
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:46:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Ordering under your own name or shipping to a pseudonym?

This one has my attention but what happens if it gets seized? Just lose the shipment and that’s it?
View Quote
Use your real name, silly

If it gets seized by customs, you just contact the seller and they ship another one
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:59:54 PM EDT
[#19]
damnit arfcom, you got me for another $25.

the lt25 code worked
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 11:07:57 PM EDT
[#20]
I have a microtech ultratech and a combat troodon.

I also have a Benchmade pagan.

I just got the troodon and I’m really impressed with it.  Microtech is high quality stuff. Benchmade is also high quality
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 11:14:21 AM EDT
[#21]
All Delta otf knives on the lightning otf website are 30 percent off.  Use DF30 discount code at checkout.
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 11:16:46 AM EDT
[#22]
You guys just cost me $275.  New Ultratech with the dagger blade.

I'm impressed with the overall quality but I realize it's just a fancy toy.  Cool as hell though.

Edit:  obligatory pic added

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 3:43:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Can’t get df30 to work
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 4:34:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Without doubt this is the best edc knife I have ever owned.Attachment Attached File
Infidel.
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 4:51:24 PM EDT
[#25]

upgraded mine! got a real Ultratech to hold me over while I wait for the fake ones. we shall see, word is they are shipping. New gun (lower anyway) too! now I have 3 powerful things in my pants ;)
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 5:13:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Without doubt this is the best edc knife I have ever owned.https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/276816/infidel_1000x1000-645136.JPG Infidel.
View Quote
Benchmade's OTFs are ok, but their blade to handle ratio sucks. Big handle, tiny blade.
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 5:47:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
All Delta otf knives on the lightning otf website are 30 percent off.  Use DF30 discount code at checkout.
View Quote
didn't work for me...I suspect user error

Lightning OTF website?

code DF30?

thanks!
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 2:01:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Lightning OTF website?

code DF30?

thanks!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lightning OTF website?

code DF30?

thanks!
Did you register as a user?

www.LightningOTFKnives.com

All New Delta Force OTF Knives In Stock! Returning Best Sellers!

Take 30% Off ALL Delta Force OTF Knives Now!

NEW MINI KEYRING DELTA FORCE OTF KNIVES IN STOCK!!!

USE PROMO CODE: DF30
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 9:15:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Did you register as a user?

www.LightningOTFKnives.com

All New Delta Force OTF Knives In Stock! Returning Best Sellers

Take 30% Off ALL Delta Force OTF Knives Now!

NEW MINI KEYRING DELTA FORCE OTF KNIVES IN STOCK!!!

USE PROMO CODE: DF30
View Quote
Doesn’t work on all Delta Force products.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 1:45:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Just ordered me a knockoff BM Infidel from DHgate. At worst, I'm out $27.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 1:49:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Are these OTF knives combat worthy?
View Quote
OTF and folding knives are not combat worthy. They are not made for combat. Just like you wouldn't use a folding knife to cut brush as you would a machete or use a machete to open boxes or gut a small fish. If you're wanting a combat knife then you want a fixed blade knife, period. An OTF or a folding knife is designed for small jobs.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 2:30:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
OTF and folding knives are not combat worthy. They are not made for combat. Just like you wouldn't use a folding knife to cut brush as you would a machete or use a machete to open boxes or gut a small fish. If you're wanting a combat knife then you want a fixed blade knife, period. An OTF or a folding knife is designed for small jobs.
View Quote
I guess that depends on a person's definition of "combat"
Can you carry it in AFG for opening things and picking your teeth? Sure
Would it be the first thing your reach for if you had to kill something?  Probably not, if you had other options.

Link Posted: 8/21/2018 4:21:07 PM EDT
[#33]
i've been trying to order 1 or 2 knifes from DHGate.com and it keeps on saying credit card declined and i use the card all the time... anyone know how to order from DHGate ???
called my card company to get it authorized of a foreign purchase,still no dice.........
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 5:45:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
i've been trying to order 1 or 2 knifes from DHGate.com and it keeps on saying credit card declined and i use the card all the time... anyone know how to order from DHGate ???
called my card company to get it authorized of a foreign purchase,still no dice.........
View Quote
Works fine for me.  Have you tried the app?
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 7:39:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Sign up with privacy.com and tie it to your bank account. You can generate burner cards that can only be used for that merchant or for only a single transaction. Never had one not go through.
Link Posted: 8/23/2018 6:07:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Has anyone who ordered from DHGate because of this tread had their stuff sit at customs or not make it through?

Mine got to Chicago on 8/20 @ 19:00 and still hasn't cleared customs.  Are they just backed up or is my knife not coming?
Link Posted: 8/23/2018 7:50:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Has anyone who ordered from DHGate because of this tread had their stuff sit at customs or not make it through?

Mine got to Chicago on 8/20 @ 19:00 and still hasn't cleared customs.  Are they just backed up or is my knife not coming?
View Quote
IIRC it took my Makora clone right around 30 days to actually reach me.
Link Posted: 8/23/2018 11:07:22 PM EDT
[#38]
As posted earlier I have a real Microtech Troodon, but wanted to see how the fakes were from the Ali link.

Just came in, and for $35 I am actually impressed.  Its the combat size, so bigger than what I normally carry, but seems to work well, with no more play in the blade than the Gen.

Link Posted: 8/24/2018 1:01:25 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the reply, do you happen to remember about how long it was at customs?

Thanks!

@Variable556
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 1:17:46 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Thanks for the reply, do you happen to remember about how long it was at customs?

Thanks!

@Variable556
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!

@Variable556
No?  I don’t even know how to access that info.lol

When I order stuff like that I usually just try to kind of forget about it.  That way when it finally arrives I get to guess what might be in the box.
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 6:04:55 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
It is, I have two, that's the fake I keep in my toolbox.
View All Quotes
So you're saying that I should get it?
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 6:24:02 AM EDT
[#42]
Which one of the knockoffs has the least slop in side to side play?
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 12:53:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Of course I want to buy today and no one responds!
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 7:29:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

When I order stuff like that I usually just try to kind of forget about it.  That way when it finally arrives I get to guess what might be in the box.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!

@Variable556

That’s defitely the way to go I was just excited to get it since it’s my first single action OTF. It actually just showed up today. Never said it left customs, just got a delivery notice this afternoon. Thanks for the help anyways, I appreciate it.

As for the Halo VI that me and a buddy ordered together from DHgate, they’re both awesome. I’ve never had a real microtech so I can’t say for sure that it’s as nice as a real one (it’s probably not quite as nice) but it seems very high quality to me for the $54 I paid for it. It’s sharp enough to take some hairs off, it launches strong, and the blade locks up and doesn’t move at all when deployed. Overall I’m extremely happy with it. So much so that both me and the buddy who ordered these also ordered the ultra tech 85 clone from dhgate also. The only thing with the halo is that it’s really really big, I should have expected that though cause the size was in the seller description but it’s in centimeters and not real measurements (kidding... kinda). Hence the purchase of the utx 85 clone that should make for a slightly better carry knife for everyday use. I will say that the Halo clone seems pretty light though and has the safety button to launch it so I wouldn’t be worried about carrying it just loose in a pocket anyways, and it also came with a decently nice kydex belt holster and the tool to take it apart.

Sorry for the long winded post, just wanted everyone to know a little more about the knives in case they were on the fence about trying one out.  I would definitely recommend getting one even if you have the real deal as it would make a great addition to keep in a car or toolbox rather than possibly losing a real $600 knife.
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 7:34:41 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

That’s defitely the way to go I was just excited to get it since it’s my first single action OTF. It actually just showed up today. Never said it left customs, just got a delivery notice this afternoon. Thanks for the help anyways, I appreciate it.

As for the Halo VI that me and a buddy ordered together from DHgate, they’re both awesome. I’ve never had a real microtech so I can’t say for sure that it’s as nice as a real one (it’s probably not quite as nice) but it seems very high quality to me for the $54 I paid for it. It’s sharp enough to take some hairs off, it launches strong, and the blade locks up and doesn’t move at all when deployed. Overall I’m extremely happy with it. So much so that both me and the buddy who ordered these also ordered the ultra tech 85 clone from dhgate also. The only thing with the halo is that it’s really really big, I should have expected that though cause the size was in the seller description but it’s in centimeters and not real measurements (kidding... kinda). Hence the purchase of the utx 85 clone that should make for a slightly better carry knife for everyday use. I will say that the Halo clone seems pretty light though and has the safety button to launch it so I wouldn’t be worried about carrying it just loose in a pocket anyways, and it also came with a decently nice kydex belt holster and the tool to take it apart.

Sorry for the long winded post, just wanted everyone to know a little more about the knives in case they were on the fence about trying one out.  I would definitely recommend getting one even if you have the real deal as it would make a great addition to keep in a car or toolbox rather than possibly losing a real $600 knife.
View Quote
Good to hear. I have two on the way from dhgate.
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 7:53:17 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

snip
I have 2 on the way as well, hopefully.

I tried like 10 times and got that card declined error. Ended up getting emails that i had a ton of transactions cancelled, but I think it was because of the network I was on. Went through a different network, and ordered one each from Alibaba and DHgate. I figure worst case I'm out a couple of bucks, and if they are decent I will probably send some to buddies in ban states for christmas ;)
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 8:29:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote
I got this one with the black interceptor blade

Troodon copy

Edit - you have to click select style in the app to see all available styles. Look at the reviews for actual pictures.
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 8:49:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote
The Cypher clones have great reviews

This is the one I went with.  I'll update with a review when it arrives
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 12:08:37 AM EDT
[#49]
I really like the bottom one but the blade is a little bigger than I was hoping to get it.
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 12:27:09 AM EDT
[#50]
Why would one want a single action instead of a double action?
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top