Page / 33
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 6:44:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I finished season one. it was okay.

just learned there is a season 2
View Quote
Just finished season 2. Pretty bizarre, especially episode 7.

Good series over all.
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 10:36:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Jack Ryan is up
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 3:23:38 AM EDT
[#3]
4 episodes in, Jack Ryan is pretty good.
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 9:27:40 AM EDT
[#4]
“Support your local sheriff” with James Garner is up, and it has the most accurate portrayal of a woman ever on screen...

That Prudy girl about captures my encounters with women.

I miss movies being made like this...
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 11:08:31 PM EDT
[#5]
"Case Histories"

British ex-cop turned PI.  Personal life in a mess, drinks too much, no people skills, divorced etc etc etc.
But when he is on a case, he is like a dog with a bone - won't let go.
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 1:26:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 1:57:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Yup, a great show.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Animal Kingdom has been entertaining.
Yup, a great show.
Until it went faggot. So much of today’s entertainment is ruined by homosexual propaganda.
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 8:57:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
It wasnt bad. Sucks having to wait for season 2.
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 7:52:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Really good and about the exact right length. They did really good reworking Jack's backstory to fit modern day. Even my wife liked it.
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 5:08:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Really good and about the exact right length. They did really good reworking Jack's backstory to fit modern day. Even my wife liked it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I can't get past what they did to Greer's character.  After reading all the books they didn't do a very good job with his character in the Amazon series IMO.
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 5:49:15 PM EDT
[#11]
The great train robbery” with Sean Connery is up, it’s great.

“Chinatown” & it’s sequel “the 2 Jakes” are perfect examples of film making.

“Raid on Entebbe” with Charles Bronson is up.

“Support your local sheriff” with James Garner, “dead reckoning” with Humphrey Bogart & “get shorty” with John Travolta are excellent.

“The first American” about George Washington is excellent and it’s narrated by Newt Gingrich so it’s not as leftist as it could be.

“The ballad of lefty brown” is a good western.
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 8:10:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Blazing Saddles
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 8:14:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The great train robbery” with Sean Connery is up, it’s great.

“Chinatown” & it’s sequel “the 2 Jakes” are perfect examples of film making.

“Raid on Entebbe” with Charles Bronson is up.

“Support your local sheriff” with James Garner, “dead reckoning” with Humphrey Bogart & “get shorty” with John Travolta are excellent.

“The first American” about George Washington is excellent and it’s narrated by Newt Gingrich so it’s not as leftist as it could be.

“The ballad of lefty brown” is a good western.
View Quote
I really enjoyed "The Ballad of Lefty Brown".
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 8:32:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I can't get past what they did to Greer's character.  After reading all the books they didn't do a very good job with his character in the Amazon series IMO.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would agree that Greer is the worst part of the whole thing, and way off from the books. But the rest of it was pretty good IMO.
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 3:49:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Just finished season 2. Pretty bizarre, especially episode 7.

Good series over all.
View Quote
Loved Goliath season one.  It was great.  Season two could have been great also except for the ridiculous "A......" BS.
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 3:59:33 PM EDT
[#16]
"Who is Cletis Tout"

I'd never heard of it before, but watched it on a whim. Pretty funny movie starring Christian Slater and Tim Allen, and definitely a different type of plot/story line.
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 7:00:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Just finished GoT and tried to watch the Mummy with Tom Cruise. It was too awful. I’ve finished SoA, The Americans, and a bunch of others. Don’t know what to watch now.
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 7:25:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Billionaire Ransom

IMDb

If Phoebe Tonkin isn't enough, there is a catfight where one suffer's a Joe Thiesmann injury and uses it to kill he opponent.  For that alone, worth it!

Link Posted: 9/13/2018 8:53:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Just finished GoT and tried to watch the Mummy with Tom Cruise. It was too awful. I’ve finished SoA, The Americans, and a bunch of others. Don’t know what to watch now.
View Quote
Banshee
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 10:18:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Smokey and the Bandit is on Prime.

RIP Bandit.
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 10:27:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Showgirls is available on Prime.  Terrible movie, but it has Jessie Spano's boobs.
View Quote
It’s got more than that
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 10:52:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Patriot.
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 6:05:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Just finished season 2 of Sneaky Pete.

Excellent show.  Can’t wait for season 3.
View Quote
My step son recommend that to me. I made it 2 or 3 episodes in, couldn't get into it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 10:22:14 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
My step son recommend that to me. I made it 2 or 3 episodes in, couldn't get into it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just finished season 2 of Sneaky Pete.

Excellent show.  Can’t wait for season 3.
I didn't even make it halfway through the first episode.
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 10:32:34 AM EDT
[#25]
Deathstalker 2, from the other thread.
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 11:07:52 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
"Who is Cletis Tout"

I'd never heard of it before, but watched it on a whim. Pretty funny movie starring Christian Slater and Tim Allen, and definitely a different type of plot/story line.
View Quote
I watched that day before yesterday.  Very good movie IMO, if a bit predictable.  Besides Christian Slater, whom I usually enjoy in any movie he's in, was Tim Allen playing a serious character vs his usual comedic roles.  The hot blonde chick did a good job acting as a hot blonde chick even though she pitches for the other team.

I thought it was very well done.
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 11:25:58 AM EDT
[#27]
The Sunset Limited

Tommy Lee Jones directs and stars with Samuel L Jackson, based on a Cormac McCarthy play/novel.  A cynical atheist professor (Jones) who attempts suicide is stopped by a lively evangelical working man (Jackson) who takes him back to his dingy apartment (the sole set) to attempt to convince him to replace his nihilistic philosophy with the Christian view of a purposeful life rewarded in the hereafter, which the professor has trouble swallowing despite hating the life that a path of cold logic has given him.

The acting is superb.  Jackson is more or less Jules from Pulp Fiction after 30 years of layman front stoop preaching.  Jones is great to watch as his resolve waxes and wanes while he spars with Jackson.  It was written by Cormac McCarthy so the language is inspired and lyrical and sometimes shocking.

This isn't an action movie, it's a philosophical debate between an earthy man of the informal Enlightenment and a smug but shaken post modernist around a kitchen table for 90 minutes.  If that sounds interesting you'll love it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 3:42:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Don't remember if it was this thread or what, but my wife and I watched "Last Flag Flying" with Steve Carell, Bryan Cranston and Lawrence Fishburne.  Not your typical war film, but a decent watch nonetheless.  The three were Vietnam War Marines (Carrell's character was a HM) and had lost touch with each other over the years.  Carrell's character's son dies in the GWOT and it's about his struggle to get his son's body and bury him the way he wants rather than what the .gov wants.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/detail/B075VHT416/ref=pd_cbs_318_4
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 4:00:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 7:21:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
“Support your local sheriff” with James Garner is up, and it has the most accurate portrayal of a woman ever on screen...

That Prudy girl about captures my encounters with women.

I miss movies being made like this...
View Quote
Support Your Local Sheriff and Support Your Local Gunfighter are absolute classics.
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 10:25:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Don't remember if it was this thread or what, but my wife and I watched "Last Flag Flying" with Steve Carell, Bryan Cranston and Lawrence Fishburne.  Not your typical war film, but a decent watch nonetheless.  The three were Vietnam War Marines (Carrell's character was a HM) and had lost touch with each other over the years.  Carrell's character's son dies in the GWOT and it's about his struggle to get his son's body and bury him the way he wants rather than what the .gov wants.

View Quote
Click To View SpoilerQuite frankly don't remember much from that film other than that.  
Link Posted: 9/15/2018 7:24:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
That was really good.
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 11:23:31 AM EDT
[#33]
Michael Caine as Harry Brown...one of my favorites.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 11:28:27 AM EDT
[#34]
For some reason my prime stopped working and I got "unavailable in your area" or it cost ducats to view.  Had my prime cancelled last night and got a credit for the time unused.
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 3:09:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/171820/Screen_Shot_2018-09-16_at_11-673248.JPG
View Quote
Excellent movie!
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 3:53:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Excellent movie!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/171820/Screen_Shot_2018-09-16_at_11-673248.JPG
Excellent movie!
Thin that was the first bluray I ever bought. I love tough guy Michael Caine
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 11:21:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Acts of Violence with Bruce Willis.  Arfcom friendly.
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 11:43:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Beirut....a thriller.  Jon Hamm's character gets drafted back into State Dept / CIA in Beirut to rescue kidnapped CIA station chief.

The Expanse is good for a 2nd or even 3rd viewing

To the Ends of the Earth (BBC)  Sail in 1812 w Benedict Cumberlatch's Edmund Talbot character from England to Australia.
Talk about roughing it!
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 12:23:34 AM EDT
[#39]
Amazon is playing fuck around with their prime movies.  Some show prime when, in fact, it costs money to watch.  I guess they think it's alright since you can watch the trailer.  I am so sick of corporations trying to trick me so they can steal my money.

The new "Murder on The Orient Express" has the prime tag on upper left but it's not free.  Fuck Amazon.
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 12:31:14 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Amazon is playing fuck around with their prime movies.  Some show prime when, in fact, it costs money to watch.  I guess they think it's alright since you can watch the trailer.  I am so sick of corporations trying to trick me so they can steal my money.

The new "Murder on The Orient Express" has the prime tag on upper left but it's not free.  Fuck Amazon.
View Quote
The new one isn’t tagged prime for me, just the 74 version
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 12:42:27 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

The new one isn’t tagged prime for me, just the 74 version
View Quote
They removed the tag for me when I clicked on it. Devious bastards.
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 2:16:16 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Smokey and the Bandit is on Prime.

RIP Bandit.
View Quote
I took my wife (reluctantly) to see that Friday night. I'm shocked that she agreed to see it seeing as how we saw it in the spring when they showed it.

One advantage of a movie theater with 30 screens is they couldn't to sacrifice a screen for a classic instead of a big Blockbuster
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 2:23:00 AM EDT
[#43]
The man in the High Castle season 3 starts October 5th.

The last post.

The Last Tycoon. Kelsey Grammer is great and just about anything he does.
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 2:26:10 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
it is already been pointed out, but sometimes you have to actually search for the name and you will see the prime version and the version to rent or buy.

I held the help a co-worker without exact detail last night at work.
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 8:15:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Wrath with John Travolta is surprisingly good.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/video/detail/B01E68RYNW/ref=atv_wtlp_wtl_1
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 3:39:29 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 9:47:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Has anyone watched Dominion Creek?  It’s an Irish TV series about three Irish brothers who go to the Klondike in the 1890s.  Pretty decent series, it’s short, just two 4 episode seasons. One odd thing, the first season was dubbed in English, kind of annoying because about half the dialog is in English and half in whatever language they speak. The second season did away with the dubbing, I had to turn on the captioning.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 9:42:34 PM EDT
[#48]
One recommendation and then a question for you guys...

Beirut:
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4669264/

Was better than I expected.

Now for my question...

When I first setup my first firestick, the prime corner tag showed on the movies that were available with a prime membership.  At some point an update rolled out and the prime tag across the corner on the movies went away.  Since it went away, I've purchased other firetv devices and the prime corner tag also doesn't show on those.  Is there a way to bring the "PRIME" corner tag back in settings so I can not waste time having to click into each movie on a search result to see if it's included with prime?

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 10:46:43 PM EDT
[#49]
“Beirut” was phenomenal.... I loved how while it had action in parts, it had more complex plots to it.... kinda like what Sicario 2 should have been.

About to start “bleed for this”, I saw the trailer on YouTube a while back and ever since, I’ve been hoping it would make prime... just saw it was added tonight.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 1:09:28 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Jack's Apocalypse is heavily based on Alas Babylon, but with a twist at the end.  This version of the main character is a good deal more messed up than Randy in the book, and the movie is half SHTF problem solving/half painful detoxing.  It's an independent medium-low budget flick, but with just enough money apparent on screen, good acting and writing.  No firearms politics, guns are neutral.  His brother's wife/probable widow is a good looking woman.
View Quote
That was a fucking stupid movie.
Page / 33
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top