Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 12:44:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Rail fans are a little out there (aka foamers).  They are harmless however.
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 12:44:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I knew a guy who collected banana stickers.

He apparently started doing it to annoy his wife.  
View Quote
Buddy of mine stuck fruit and vegetable stickers on the side of his desk drawer for years. He just retired after 22 years, wonder who will see it. I'm the only one that knew just because I caught him doing it and asked him what the hell he was doing.
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 12:45:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Doubtful unless she used preservatives. Spoiled semen smells horrible.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I knew a girl that collected her boyfriends jizz in a small bottle. Supposedly carried it around with her and once used it on a squeaky door hinge.

Not sure that counts as a hobby but it certainly seems obscure and is for sure odd
How does it taste though?
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 12:45:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Buddy of mine stuck fruit and vegetable stickers on the side of his desk drawer for years. He just retired after 22 years, wonder who will see it. I'm the only one that knew just because I caught him doing it and asked him what the hell he was doing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We need pics
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 12:46:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Funny this thread should pop up today, the day that for the first time in my 29 year life, at a 2A rally no less, I witnessed LARPing in real life.  Four grown men in their 20s to 30s, wearing some form of kilt like thing and I guess what amounts to 10th century gang colors, beating each other with foam swords and spears.

.... I kinda wanted to ask to join them
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 12:49:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
We need pics
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We need pics
I quit there 3 years ago, he retired last month. Some poor temp probably had to scrape them off.
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 12:50:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Hah, found an old article on my buddy, damn that brings back some memories.
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 12:54:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Taylor Home Inn

This guy is obsessed with the Andy Griffith Show to the point he's recreated the home from the series. Yes, you can rent out Andy's, Opie's, or Aunt Bea's room.
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 1:09:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I knew a girl that collected her boyfriends jizz in a small bottle. Supposedly carried it around with her and once used it on a squeaky door hinge.

Not sure that counts as a hobby but it certainly seems obscure and is for sure odd
You’re free to explore new sensations on your own.
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 4:02:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Bunch of basement types get together a couple times a month to crack their whips at the park near my house.
View Quote
I lived next door to an office building with a parking garage beneath it. It wasn't there when we moved in but as soon as it was finished it became a hangout for vampires.
Yes....Vampires.
Adult cosplay folks.
They were basically harmless, got a bit noisy at times but not to any extreme. Gotta admit, more then once I was tempted to douse them with a super soaker full of "holy water" to see what would happen.

I collect semi broken Toyota pickups. I would bet being a pretend vampire is a lot cheaper of a hobby then mine.
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 4:09:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
An ex-girlfriend's dad was a falconer.  He basically structured his whole life around it.
View Quote
while unusual, having to structure your life around it would not be surprising to me.
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 4:10:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
If it hasn't been disconnect yes. Last I heard she was shit faced and got kicked out of her moms house and was begging people to let her and her 3 cats live with them. She's 30 and has a degree...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you happen to have her number?
If it hasn't been disconnect yes. Last I heard she was shit faced and got kicked out of her moms house and was begging people to let her and her 3 cats live with them. She's 30 and has a degree...
we are gonna need pics
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 4:12:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I always thought this was a bit odd......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3pO6KycamI
View Quote
I could play with that all day long.  
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 4:12:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
And you know this how?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And you know this how?
old socks would be my guess
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 4:13:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Another one makes articulated skeletons.
View Quote
see, now I think that is cool, but then again, I know I am a weirdo.....
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 4:22:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 5:19:07 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
what's the difference between an obscure hobby and a crazy person?
View Quote
how much money the individual has
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 6:24:50 AM EDT
[#18]
I had a friend in high school that collected those "inspected by" slips of paper or note.

He had a whole board of them, and would go to the store and try to find more.

One time, he got some with names on them and tried to call and talk to the person.  This was back in the 90s when finding information about someone was hard.
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 7:02:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Washing, Carding and Spinning wool into yarn.  But nothing else with it.  That lady was out-to-fucking-lunch, completely detached from reality

Her husband was into falconry, or tried to be.  He sucked at it though, the first time he tried it outside the bird just flew off

So, he has this goofy-looking sleeve glove thing and no birds.  That dude had a sort of reverse-Midas touch
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 7:12:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 7:13:05 AM EDT
[#21]
there was that thread on rimming last week
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 7:24:27 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I lived next door to an office building with a parking garage beneath it. It wasn't there when we moved in but as soon as it was finished it became a hangout for vampires.
Yes....Vampires.
Adult cosplay folks.
They were basically harmless, got a bit noisy at times but not to any extreme. Gotta admit, more then once I was tempted to douse them with a super soaker full of "holy water" to see what would happen.

I collect semi broken Toyota pickups. I would bet being a pretend vampire is a lot cheaper of a hobby then mine.
View Quote
Back in the mid 90's a friend of mine in high school, got into this and left in a hippy van to go CO.  He then went black for 10-15 years, he dropped all communication with family, friends etc.  His dad passed away, his mom moved out of the family house, sister got married and moved to NC.  There was no way to let him know anything, then one day I guess he popped up on his sister's face book.  Kind of strange.
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 7:30:15 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 7:38:01 AM EDT
[#24]
I have a moderate collection of percolator coffee pots.  It isn't too crazy, but I can actually use them.
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 7:43:34 AM EDT
[#25]
In grade school, I knew a kid who collected vacuum cleaners.
When I knew him, he had 12 total to include Kirby's, (The Dyson of that era)
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 7:59:49 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had a several year old collection of fruit stickers on the underside of my lunchbox lid. Finally changed jobs last summer and got shamed and bullied by my new co-workers into peeling them all off.
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 8:07:54 AM EDT
[#27]
Guy makes leather drawstring pouches out of different big game animal ball sacks. Kind of cool, if you have one you can say, "Look at my pouch it's made from an elk, or whatever, ballsack."
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 8:11:13 AM EDT
[#28]
I collect shot glasses. It started as somewhat of a lark...I needed something small for a souvenir so I picked up a shot glass. You know, one of those decorative ones that have the name of the place, or the state, or wherever. Now I have a full display case and need another for the overflow.
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 8:18:01 AM EDT
[#29]
My step mom accidentally collected Elvis memorabilia.

One day at work she mentioned to a coworker that she hated Elvis. mostly because everything associated with him was so tacky.  Her coworker bought her a velvet Elvis painting for her birthday.  One of the people that came by her office saw it and exclaimed how much she loved Elvis.  Her next birthday resulted in her getting two Elvis items but she couldn't tell the 2nd woman she had gotten the painting as a gag gift as the time to tell her had passed.

Within 15 years her whole office was filled with hipshaking dolls and 55 caddilac toys and movie posters.  I think she fessed up to hating Elvis at one point but that just made it worse.

I'm pretty sure it all hit the dumpster the day she retired.
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 8:26:58 AM EDT
[#30]
I get a lot of obscure metal music in the mail from Europe, Asia sometimes, Australia, etc. They sometimes come with awesome stamps so I’ve got a small collection of weirdo stamps.

Mine is I collect Star Wars toys. Not all Star Wars though. Just General Grievous. I couldn’t tell you why I just think he looks cool.

I do have a friend who has a pretty small home where two of the rooms are literally floor to ceiling Superman memorabilia. He could probably make a crack at a world record but he’s scared to post pics because someone might come take all of his stuff. If I find a pic of it I’ll post it.
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 8:32:42 AM EDT
[#31]
You could always be this guy.

The LED Traffic Light and the Danger of "But Sometimes!"
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 8:58:49 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Guy makes leather drawstring pouches out of different big game animal ball sacks. Kind of cool, if you have one you can say, "Look at my pouch it's made from an elk, or whatever, ballsack."
View Quote
PH Capstick mentioned guys having pipe tobacco pouches made from Cape Buffalo ball-bags.
I'd love to have one.
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 9:01:19 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
An ex-girlfriend's dad was a falconer.  He basically structured his whole life around it.
View Quote
I did a report on falconry in 4th grade after seeing My Side of the Mountain, because i thought i'd like to do it.
My most important takeaway was that it's a full-time job.
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 9:06:26 AM EDT
[#34]
Thinking about getting into Hickory golf.  I inherited some clubs that belonged to my great grandfather and have picked up some more at a charity auction.  I almost have a full set.
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 9:06:30 AM EDT
[#35]
I knew a "worm farmer" once and a crucifix collector. Dude had hundreds - creepy as hell even though he appeared to be a holy roller.
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 9:08:04 AM EDT
[#36]
I work with a bunch of weirdo's that like to collect boogers on the bathroom walls.  Some are also so proud of their accomplishments that they never flush.   This I can not for the life of me understand.
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 9:11:03 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 9:13:11 AM EDT
[#38]
Collecting and eating old and new Mil rations from around the world.
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 9:24:23 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 10:05:39 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiYO1TObNz8
View Quote
When I was in the car business I had a full-sized R-Y-G traffic signal at my desk. There was a switch box on my desk labelled "No, Maybe, Yes"

Customers LOVED it, and their kids never wanted to stop playing with the switches.

Made a bloody fortune with that dumb thing
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 10:13:19 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiYO1TObNz8
View Quote
He's my new role model.
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 10:22:30 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Taylor Home Inn

This guy is obsessed with the Andy Griffith Show to the point he's recreated the home from the series. Yes, you can rent out Andy's, Opie's, or Aunt Bea's room.
View Quote
that will be helpful for working out all my Aunt Bea fantasies.

ETA: do they rent her room by the hour?
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 10:43:55 AM EDT
[#43]
I had a thing for vintage McHale edgers a while back.  My dad has a pic of him and his grandfather shortly after coming home from Vietnam.  In the corner of the pic, you can see a red and yellow edger.  I used that same edger up until I left the house at 18.

I love to tinker with them.
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 10:48:34 AM EDT
[#44]
I have a dorky ass coworker that collects back to the future stuff and autographs. He flew across the country and spent 400 bucks to have a picture taken with some of the people in the movie. He also drove 5 hours to get gerald Fords autograph after working 12 hours through the night, he ended up falling asleep on the 5 hours back and crashed. Dude literary gave himself an hour to get the autograph, fuel and food because he had 12 hour turn around to be back at work. So dumb
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 11:05:38 AM EDT
[#45]
When I lived up north a local dude collect old Studebaker.
54 Hawk was my favorite.
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 11:16:21 AM EDT
[#46]
There are collectors of barbed wire.
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 11:22:57 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
this dude collects his belly lint in jars. I think its kind of a common hobby though.

https://metrouk2.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/article-1287996787034-0bbec62a000005dc-359012_466x517.jpg
View Quote
I served with a guy that did that. Kept his belly button lint in a Gatorade bottle while were deployed. Thought he was joking, but he was very serious. Good guy, but a little different...
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 11:28:44 AM EDT
[#48]
Guy I know made chain mail.  He would wear it with a boonie hat while hiking.
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 11:36:55 AM EDT
[#49]
Falconry.
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 11:41:06 AM EDT
[#50]
Stamp collecting. My collection was started with my Dad when I was 7 years old. I still have it. Dad passed away six weeks ago but the memories of collecting stamps together all those 59 years ago are still precious.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top