Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/25/2018 12:25:08 AM EDT
Got on active junky from the academy sports thread. Placed a qualifying order over 25.00.  The order showed up with the 5% cash back in the balance.

Placed a second order later, it to showed up with the cash back balance.

Just logged in and noticed the cash back balance had lowered. Checked my orders, they both show, but both also show to have zeroed out, order total and cash back.

The first of two orders has already shipped, and payment has been made, second is still showing pending.

Anyone else have this issue?
Link Posted: 4/25/2018 12:38:26 AM EDT
[#1]
You're right. I had the same thing happen with my Academy orders.

Both recent orders show an 'adjustment" that zero'd out the balance.

No using coupon codes and get the 5% back?
Link Posted: 4/25/2018 12:40:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Gonna contact them tomorrow, the form needs order and transaction information and it's to much work using my phone, so I'll wait till I'm on a PC tomorrow.
Link Posted: 4/25/2018 12:47:01 AM EDT
[#3]
I did notice the original 5% back was on the pre discounted price before codes gave a discount. I was surprised, but pleased, now I'm just Meh...
Link Posted: 4/25/2018 12:58:01 AM EDT
[#4]
So is this now shaping up to be a BS kind of thing?
Link Posted: 4/25/2018 1:01:20 AM EDT
[#5]
I submitted a couple of tickets for my missing (taken back) amounts.
Link Posted: 4/25/2018 1:04:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Gonna contact them tomorrow, the form needs order and transaction information and it's to much work using my phone, so I'll wait till I'm on a PC tomorrow.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Don't waste your time you code have seen this in the multi page thread about the deal already going.
Link Posted: 4/25/2018 1:53:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/424687/20180424_112447-525090.JPG

Don't waste your time you code have seen this in the multi page thread about the deal already going.
View Quote
Sounds like AJ needs to cut ties with this vendor.
Link Posted: 4/25/2018 1:55:32 AM EDT
[#8]
sent then a email and submitted a ticket...
Link Posted: 4/25/2018 2:51:50 AM EDT
[#9]
So is Active Junky fake news? I was going to order from Academy, but they discontinued their 20% off coupon and it wasn't worth the price for some of the ammo I was eyeing.
Link Posted: 4/25/2018 3:27:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Well this is pretty lame.
Link Posted: 4/25/2018 3:36:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
So is this now shaping up to be a BS kind of thing?
View Quote
It will be bs for them after they have to pay someone to pick their shit up off my porch and send it back.
Link Posted: 4/25/2018 5:15:16 AM EDT
[#12]
I get a check from AJ every three months. On May 5th i will get nearly $100. Academy is refusing to pay AJ the pass through because they say the first 20% coupon was unauthorized.

Academy fucked this up. When they had the additional 10% off on Sunday their software was permitting stacking (20% + 10%), when their ad for the 10% Friends and Family Sunday discount said, "cannot be combined with other discounts".

Bottom line is that Academy will not pay AJ, so AJ has no money to pay you.

I have been using AJ a long time, and Academy is the first vendor who has pulled this stunt.

That said, i think Academy took a beating on some of this stuff. My $399.99 1895 Marlin was far cheaper than my dealers cost.

Actually it looks like the original 20% code was a Academy thank you for a customer service issue that was then put online.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/25/2018 8:54:13 AM EDT
[#13]
No big deal then. So I'm assuming that 20% off code was for someone in particular, and not everyone. That's not on academy, that's on that one person.

I won't care if they cancel my second order for a case of 7.62*39, I just hope they don't do that to my son's 4 boxes of creedmoor.

I guess that old saying to good to be true would apply. There's people out the willing and ready to screw over anything.
Link Posted: 4/25/2018 9:55:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
No big deal then. So I'm assuming that 20% off code was for someone in particular, and not everyone. That's not on academy, that's on that one person.

I won't care if they cancel my second order for a case of 7.62*39, I just hope they don't do that to my son's 4 boxes of creedmoor.

I guess that old saying to good to be true would apply. There's people out the willing and ready to screw over anything.
View Quote
From what I can gather, the coupon was sent to folks who had contacted Academy customer service. The coupon was in the customer service reply email. Of course this is all speculation on my part. However, the 20% discount was honored for my ammo order and my 1895 Marlin order. The stacking issue (10% + 20%) Sunday, was honored on my ammo order to feed the Marlin, and is out for delivery today.
Link Posted: 4/25/2018 10:23:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Well my son just text, his 4 boxes of creedmoor will be here tomorrow, which makes me happy. Wouldn't have cared if my orders were cancelled, and I guess one still might. Guess it doesn't matter how old your kids are, you still don't want to disappoint them(least I don't), cause I'm the one that sent him the code from here.
Link Posted: 4/25/2018 10:27:37 AM EDT
[#16]
If academy processes the orders but doesn't pay active junky, that's crap.
Link Posted: 4/25/2018 10:35:55 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
So is Active Junky fake news? I was going to order from Academy, but they discontinued their 20% off coupon and it wasn't worth the price for some of the ammo I was eyeing.
View Quote
The coupon code was working just a few minutes ago.
Link Posted: 4/25/2018 10:39:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I get a check from AJ every three months. On May 5th i will get nearly $100. Academy is refusing to pay AJ the pass through because they say the first 20% coupon was unauthorized.

Academy fucked this up. When they had the additional 10% off on Sunday their software was permitting stacking (20% + 10%), when their ad for the 10% Friends and Family Sunday discount said, "cannot be combined with other discounts".

Bottom line is that Academy will not pay AJ, so AJ has no money to pay you.

I have been using AJ a long time, and Academy is the first vendor who has pulled this stunt.

That said, i think Academy took a beating on some of this stuff. My $399.99 1895 Marlin was far cheaper than my dealers cost.

Actually it looks like the original 20% code was a Academy thank you for a customer service issue that was then put online.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/212055/DJkuA3u-525157.JPG
View Quote
I have never seen a Ruger 10/22 Lite Take Down anywhere near as cheap as I got mine even without the 5% AJ rebate!

Nothing I ordered was a "Well if I don't get this 5% extra off then I will not order it".
Link Posted: 4/25/2018 10:39:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
I agree, it’s their mistake to pay for. They got tons of orders they otherwise likely wouldn’t have gotten.

$15 cashback “adjusted” for me.
Link Posted: 4/25/2018 10:42:34 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
No, not really. Says right on active junky that deal cash back doesn't apply to closeout, discounted stuff. I won't blame academy for a glitch fuck up. Shit happens. Koodos to those who got smoking deals. To those who had theirs cancelled and are mad, guess what, you just experienced being a liberal.
Link Posted: 4/25/2018 10:45:58 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I agree, it’s their mistake to pay for. They got tons of orders they otherwise likely wouldn’t have gotten.

View Quote
Lol, tons of orders that from the sounds of things amount to some loss. Glad to see you're a perfect person....
Link Posted: 4/25/2018 10:47:45 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/25/2018 10:48:09 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
I wouldn't say that.  They've paid on several Cabela's and Brownells orders I've placed with no issues.
Link Posted: 4/25/2018 10:57:25 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I have never seen a Ruger 10/22 Lite Take Down anywhere near as cheap as I got mine even without the 5% AJ rebate!

Nothing I ordered was a "Well if I don't get this 5% extra off then I will not order it".
View Quote
Really - this.   On the 1895 Marlin GBL, Academy was one of the cheapest places around with their normal price of $499. When it dropped another $100 with the 20% coupon, it was jar dropping to me. Try to get close to $399 for that gun.

While not right, I can see Academy not losing another 10% to Active Junky.  They probably figured that Active Junky would take the heat and not them.

1895 Marlin GBL
Link Posted: 4/25/2018 10:59:34 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
Those might get 86'ed as well since the orders were not "qualifying orders" but they might never notice it.

Even if they do all your recruit will have to do is make a qualifying order on the future and then you will get you referral fee.
Link Posted: 4/25/2018 11:06:16 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Lol, tons of orders that from the sounds of things amount to some loss. Glad to see you're a perfect person....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/25/2018 11:14:24 AM EDT
[#27]
I've had about $100 in cash back removed.  Sucks, but I think Academy was losing money, so I understand why they don't want to pay AJ after their coupon screwup.

At least my Brownells purchase is still getting the AJ discount.  It's also supposed to work at PSA for 6% off, so next time I need a parts kit, I'll be giving it a try.
Link Posted: 4/25/2018 11:18:38 AM EDT
[#28]
ActiveJunky took my rebate back.  Fuck them.  I figured it was a scam anyway so no loss.
Link Posted: 4/25/2018 2:18:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Interestingly, my first was shipped, second order is still showing submitted.

First order arriving today, FedEx just dropped off both orders.
Link Posted: 4/25/2018 2:44:45 PM EDT
[#30]
AJ emailed me back asking where I got the coupon code.
Link Posted: 4/25/2018 7:52:31 PM EDT
[#31]
I got two different replies from AJ about my academy orders. I'm not bothering with it.

I got both my orders from academy, both were ran through PayPal, with PayPal taking it from my bank account. So far only one order has been debited from my account, not the other, of which I've already received, but academy stills only shows as submitted.

On the first order, there is an invoice in the box, on the second order, there was only a pick packing slip, no invoice...
Link Posted: 4/25/2018 8:10:59 PM EDT
[#32]
AJ told me via email that if the coupon code doesn't come from the AJ site, then you're SOL.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 12:44:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Received an email stating that my money will be in my account.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 1:12:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Every time I purchase through AJ, mostly Brownell's, I have to contact AJ to get my cash back credited. I don't purchase huge amounts or often enough to get a big rebate so it's usually more of a pain dealing with AJ than directly with a vendor. I'm about done with the headache.
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 6:39:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Just checked my account today, and noticed my $60 from Academy has been zeroed out so googled it and found this thread.  A little pissed...still a decent price with just the code, but part of the reason I ordered so much ammo was due to the AJ 5% off.  Would have ordered have as many if I had known the cashback wasn’t going to work.

I just don’t get retailers anymore...your website that you have built and manage screws up and takes codes and then you don’t make good on the contract.  Guess that’s one site I’ll mark off my list.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top