BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 8:45:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm surprised that they haven't been to the libraries yet making big bonfires and burning the gun books.
View Quote
Give them time..............they will get around to it, along with any other book they don't approve of
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 8:45:51 PM EDT
[#2]
yep the left is going all out censoring 2nd amendment. The believe in free speech as long as it's 100% in agreement with their view point.
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 8:49:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Ok, explain it to me like I'm 3. How do I search on Voat? Or what is the r/gundeals Voat equivalent?

Edit: apparently v/gundeals sensibly enough.
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 8:51:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'm not an expert by any means, but this seems exactly why liberals wanted net neutrality, to censor opposing views.
View Quote
Hilarious when people try to glue wall street talking points on to a completely unrelated issue. What you just described has nothing to do with net neutrality.
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 8:52:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Just like Eric Holder suggested, they are making us pariahs.

If you talk about going hunting with a rifle with your dad, you'll get suspended from school. Just the mention of nerf guns can get you in trouble in a school in NJ, CA, or NY.

If you post a video on YouTube of legal firearms or accessories, you get banned. Next, they'll probably report you to the FBI.

While conservatives were out making money, liberals have taken over the culture and become the arbiters of what's acceptable (transsexuals), and what isn't (conservatism, family, traditional values).

Reread 1984 and you'll see how Orwellian these assholes are:
Constant surveillance - Facebook, Google, etc
Doublethink - we need to protect our democracy and elections from Russian menace, but we can't ask people for ID
Newspeak - Reddit/Google/Facebook factcheckers and vindictive media/gov't that punishes the truth because it doesn't fit their worldview.
Big Brother - "You don't want to piss off John Brennen" - Samatha Power
View Quote
Here in NY a school is taking away spring break vacation days due to an increase of school closures from kids talking about guns on the bus. We live in a big hunting area wtf.
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 8:53:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 8:53:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
in before "their site, their rules, how dare you try to pressure them to revert their decision" crowd
View Quote
getting tried of them, this is not small companies doing this it's 2018s version of Bell.
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 8:57:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm not an expert by any means, but this seems exactly why liberals wanted net neutrality, to censor opposing views.
View Quote
Actually I was told by various members of this site that in no way would private companies voluntarily restrict the flow of information because of the subject material involved because of "muh capitalism".

Just wait til website hosts and ISPs get on board with the censorhip.

Think I'm crazy? Yeah, get back to me in 5 years.
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 9:04:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
Net neutrality isn't really about censorship.  But they want it because liberals always project.   If a liberal knows he's a slimy piece of shit, then he thinks Comcast or Verizon would act the same way.

Their recent war on conservatives is proof.
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 9:20:26 PM EDT
[#10]
https://www.npr.org/sections/alltechconsidered/2018/03/21/591622450/section-230-a-key-legal-shield-for-facebook-google-is-about-to-change

Maybe this has something to do with it.

TL;DR

Websites are losing some of their immunity to criminal and civil prosecution for the content of posts on their sites.

Thank Republicans for this.  Rob Portman R-Ohio authored the bill.
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 9:23:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Nope, they just shut it down, 2 mins ago as of this post...

WTF is up today...are they just purging the entire internet...making it a "Safespace"?
View Quote
This is a good thing. The more people they alienate, the better.
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 9:43:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
And https://www.reddit.com/r/WeedDeals/ is still active

View Quote
I have never gone on reddit. Can we spam the weed deals with gun deals or will they ban you instantly?
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 10:05:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I have never gone on reddit. Can we spam the weed deals with gun deals or will they ban you instantly?
View Quote
They got shut down today also.
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 10:19:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
https://www.npr.org/sections/alltechconsidered/2018/03/21/591622450/section-230-a-key-legal-shield-for-facebook-google-is-about-to-change

Maybe this has something to do with it.

TL;DR

Websites are losing some of their immunity to criminal and civil prosecution for the content of posts on their sites.

Thank Republicans for this.  Rob Portman R-Ohio.
View Quote
Probably some truth in this. Rs are incredibly stupid and short sighted.
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 10:21:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
been up for years, strange
View Quote
Not strange at all.

They're gearing up for something big.
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 10:25:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
They are trying to morph it into television and the movies.
100% liberal controlled, only "proper" content allowed.
No bad words, no smoking, no drinking, no guns, no smoky burnouts.

I don't want to live in a world like that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Net run by Nannies will not appeal to the young

Can you say "Demolition Man?"  I'm with Dennis Leary in the sewer eating rat burgers
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 10:30:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Just deactivated my Reddit Account.
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 10:31:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Can you say "Demolition Man?"  I'm with Dennis Leary in the sewer eating rat burgers
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Net run by Nannies will not appeal to the young

Right there with ya buddy.

No "joy joy feelings" for this guy.
I would bankrupt myself topside within hours just for my fucking language.

"Atomic_Ferret you have been fined one credit for violating the verbal morality statute"
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 10:35:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Actually I was told by various members of this site that in no way would private companies voluntarily restrict the flow of information because of the subject material involved because of "muh capitalism".

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not crazy at all.

And if/when the left gets back in control, "violence speech" (like talking about guns) will become a legislative item.

ETA: The wild west days of the internet are drawing to a close. Up until now it has been like Times Square back in the 80s. Dirty and gritty with some nice bits but a lot of smut and dark seedy places. The internet that will emerge will be like Times Square in the early 2000s. Clean, patrolled and full of corporate, family friendly, politically/socially/environmentally correct message content. Sad.....
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 10:54:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Just checked, Reddit seems to be completely down.
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 1:24:03 AM EDT
[#21]
I had some dumb cunt on the main /r/announcements thread trying to say that the reason gun sales & deals subs are being banned is that someone might post a deal to a legit retailer, but someone wanting to sell a gun illegally (emphasis hers) without a background check might try to undercut his price to make a sale, so these subs are dangerous and have to go

Also really weird that I posted about this in /r/ak47, had a top-rated comment in the thread, the admin of the sub said that the thread has been reported multiple times, and all of a sudden reddit flashes a HUGE banner on the page demanding that I verify my e-mail. Have been a reddit user for 3+ years and have never seen that.
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 2:06:08 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
getting tried of them, this is not small companies doing this it's 2018s version of Bell.
View Quote
It isnt coming from them.

Its coming from Legislation in the House, preemptive.

Its going to effect arf too, but people arent fucking reading the posts in here.

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2018/03/how-congress-censored-internet
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 2:07:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I had some dumb cunt on the main /r/announcements thread trying to say that the reason gun sales & deals subs are being banned is that someone might post a deal to a legit retailer, but someone wanting to sell a gun illegally (emphasis hers) without a background check might try to undercut his price to make a sale, so these subs are dangerous and have to go

Also really weird that I posted about this in /r/ak47, had a top-rated comment in the thread, the admin of the sub said that the thread has been reported multiple times, and all of a sudden reddit flashes a HUGE banner on the page demanding that I verify my e-mail. Have been a reddit user for 3+ years and have never seen that.
View Quote
That is because of this: https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2018/03/how-congress-censored-internet

If people do illegal shit on your website, the owners of the website are criminally liable. That includes Arf
Link Posted: 4/1/2018 1:04:39 PM EDT
[#24]
UPDATE 4/1: /r/GunDeals is back on.
Link Posted: 4/1/2018 1:27:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
UPDATE 4/1: /r/GunDeals is back on.
View Quote
April fool's!
Link Posted: 4/1/2018 1:34:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

April fool's!
View Quote
No, no, mister. This is no joking matter. Go see for yourself.
Link Posted: 4/1/2018 1:37:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Policy Change And You r/GunDeals

So whether you believe the FOSTA thing messed with Reddit or it was Reddit being anti-gun, I'll give you a hint: nobody on r/GunDeals cares. Politics will be left at the door or you'll be banned, simple. We're back, let's keep it clean.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/1/2018 1:44:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Screw the nuggets - tell us more about mom!
View Quote
Coc violation! Taking about family members
Link Posted: 4/1/2018 1:58:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
yet they having a huge thriving marijuana subreddit......... hmmm
View Quote
I never cared on going to reddit but this is just another good reason why to avoid it.

They ignore their own rules when broken for liberal-approved activities, and enforce rules that don't even apply to conservative-approved activities.  What fun is that?
Link Posted: 4/1/2018 4:33:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Don't care if it's back. Fuck Reddit.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top