Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:55:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Any person attempting to divide gun owners is a tool of the left.

Without the NRA, Clinton would be Prez and she would be calling for AWB's, magazine bans, etc.

The most important thing is getting conservative judges appointed.  The Democrats will get in power again, and we need to have a firewall against the crappy laws they will try to pass.

Nevertrumpers and anti-NRA folks don't seem to grasp this issue.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:55:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When a democrat comes and all semi auto rifles are bsnmed I hope you'll be happy.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't MAC is necessarily wrong.

I'll see how this shakes out, but I'm serious about not supporting people who turn tail at the first sign of political turmoil.

If this ends with a bumpstock ban, due to Trump's actions, I'm sitting 2020 out. I don't care WHAT anyone says/thinks. I've been holding my nose for decades. I'm weary of it. I'm not going to do it anymore.

If the right/GoP is serious about earning my vote, they better do some serious self-examination. Self-examination they should be doing, after the rise of Trump, anyways.
When a democrat comes and all semi auto rifles are bsnmed I hope you'll be happy.
Yeah, I'll be a LOT happier, once a "Republican" does it.

Where do you think a bumpstock ban leads? To complete and utter happiness by anti-gunners and willingness to just leave us be. It won't be long before they "discover" that you don't need a stock to bump fire and all of a sudden semi-auto rifles, ALL semi-auto rifles, will be the "problem".

And the groundwork will have been laid by a "Republican".

That's why many here are saying we need to hold the line. Appeasement NEVER goes our way.

Give me shit all you want, but see if it doesn't go down that way.

Tell them to "fuck off" and be done with it.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:58:44 PM EDT
[#3]
There is a place for people like MAC. He does put pressure on the NRA to keep their goal in focus. They just seem to be not on our side because they do know how to play the political arena better than us.

I’m more like MAC. I’d rather throw blows than play some bullshit 4D chess where it seems like the NRA is working against us more than for. I still however think there is no way they would be against gun owners rights. We pay their bills and salary’s. With no guns come no membership fee, no donations, no need for the NRA. So why do people think they would screw us over and cut their own throats. There. It that stupid.

I think Trump knows he needs to appear to do something to have a chance at the 2020 election. I think he’s been told that what he has said can’t happen in the way he’s told them to do it. So it looks to the dumbasses like he’s trying to do something but in reality there is no way the ATF can ban the things he mentioned. Can’t happen. It would have to ban all semi autos to work and that isn’t going to happen. That is why MAC is so worried he sees this the same way. Under official ruling a semi auto is one pull for one round. We all know this. That why bumpstocks have always been found legal. Now they can’t change that without congressional approval no Trump memo can do this.

People need to chill out. You think Trump hasn’t been told what he’s saying in the memo can’t work. He has but he’s doing it to appear to do something.

MAC needs to keep putting pressure on the NRA but he also needs to keep it in check before he gets labeled a rabid gun owner who is “dangerous” and shouldn’t own guns. We need to keep some talk between us you know what I mean.

We also don’t need to fight amongst ourselves. Every family has parts that make a whole. Just like we have mAC we have the NRA and we have the Fudds.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:59:09 PM EDT
[#4]
MAC is not that bright and his dramatic "you are all traitors if you dont agree with me" is stupid and counterproductive.

Remember, this is the same guy that says suppressors dont cause POI shift when attached.  Maybe he can make all this stuff go away since you know, he doesn't have to follow the law of physics.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:59:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

My argument is the Bumpstock puts us at a severe disadvantage in the gun rights argument. Bumpstocks allow you to shoot Full Auto from the shoulder, so you can actually aim and shoot.

The belt loop argument is fucking retarded, and people here LAUGH at pictures of Africans with AKMs at their hip. They laugh is because we all know, shooting from the hip is extremely inaccurate and wasteful. So saying a Bumpstock is the same as a beltloop, you are fucking dumb or being deceitful.

And people here were amazed and shocked that Bumpstocks were given the stamp of approval.

I think Bumpstocks will do far more harm to our cause. You have a million videos of idiot YouTubers with Bumpstocks, and the public sees, for all practical purposes is a work around for the NFA Machine Gun Ban. Bumpstocks are a huge anchor being unnecessarily placed on the 2A argument.
View Quote
C’mon man....

That’s exactly the type of logic that will be used to take away magazines, triggers, gas systems, springs, anything that will make a gun non-manually operated.

It’s yet another compromise for something that is legal.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:03:17 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm glad there's people like MAC willing to put themselves out there. All you get around here is "muh boating accident!"
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:04:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You should care. The guy’s got close to 700 thousand people who subscribe to his channel.

While MAC’s heart in the right place, I’m of the opinion staying calm is the best thing right now. Yes it does look like the administration is looking at a bump stock ban, but right now the only thing that’s been done is to order a study that’s already underway to continue. On the face of it, nothing happened yesterday. Write the White House on their website, take the polls that Trump emails to his supporters (don’t you get those) but remain calm until we have something tangible to get upset about. Chicken littlism about the MAGA train crashing doesn’t do anything to help right now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Christ, you guys get your panties in a wad over the dumbest shit.

Who gives a shit about what a Youtuber writes or thinks?
You should care. The guy’s got close to 700 thousand people who subscribe to his channel.

While MAC’s heart in the right place, I’m of the opinion staying calm is the best thing right now. Yes it does look like the administration is looking at a bump stock ban, but right now the only thing that’s been done is to order a study that’s already underway to continue. On the face of it, nothing happened yesterday. Write the White House on their website, take the polls that Trump emails to his supporters (don’t you get those) but remain calm until we have something tangible to get upset about. Chicken littlism about the MAGA train crashing doesn’t do anything to help right now.
Indeed. Think what you want about Tim, but reducing him to just a "Youtuber" is fucking stupid. The man has nearly 1.5 million followers across the various social media platforms and thus has sway over a lot of people.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:05:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:08:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Some people can stay calm in a crisis while others do not have the ability
View Quote
Especially gun shop owners...
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:10:12 PM EDT
[#10]
The only thing I take issue with is his "I told you so" attitude.  When in fact he was pushing the NRA and the fact that he's friends with Pete Brownell before Vegas.

It makes me wonder if ol Pete didn't take MACs phone call once or twice.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:10:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Lol.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually, the memo said quite the opposite.
Lol.
I should have wrote it crayon.

The Memo, I will break it down:

MEMORANDUM FOR THE ATTORNEY GENERAL

SUBJECT:

Application of the Definition of Machinegun to "Bump Fire" Stocks and Other Similar Devices

After the deadly mass murder in Las Vegas, Nevada, on October 1, 2017, I asked my Administration to fully review how the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives regulates bump fire stocks and similar devices.

Although the Obama Administration repeatedly concluded that particular bump stock type devices were lawful to purchase and possess, I sought further clarification of the law restricting fully automatic machineguns.
Obama already said they were OK. I asked what a machine gun laws were.

Accordingly, following established legal protocols, the Department of Justice started the process of promulgating a Federal regulation interpreting the definition of "machinegun" under Federal law to clarify whether certain bump stock type devices should be illegal. The Advanced Notice of Proposed Rulemaking was published in the Federal Register on December 26, 2017. Public comment concluded on January 25, 2018, with the Department of Justice receiving over 100,000 comments.

Today, I am directing the Department of Justice to dedicate all available resources to complete the review of the comments received, and, as expeditiously as possible, to propose for notice and comment a rule banning all devices that turn legal weapons into machineguns.
100,000 commented on the last ATF posting. Completely review the comments posted, it will take a while, and then come up with something about banning devices that turn legal guns into machineguns (under the clarification on the definition you already provided- existing law), then post it online for a month so now 1,000,000 will comment on it.

Although I desire swift and decisive action, I remain committed to the rule of law and to the procedures the law prescribes. Doing this the right way will ensure that the resulting regulation is workable and effective and leaves no loopholes for criminals to exploit. I would ask that you keep me regularly apprised of your progress.
This will take a while, but so what. Review the 1,000,000 comments after the 1-month comment period.

You are authorized and directed to publish this memorandum in the Federal Register.

DONALD J. TRUMP
Post this online to shut the media up.

Do you understand it yet?
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:22:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
There is a place for people like MAC. He does put pressure on the NRA to keep their goal in focus. They just seem to be not on our side because they do know how to play the political arena better than us.

I’m more like MAC. I’d rather throw blows than play some bullshit 4D chess where it seems like the NRA is working against us more than for. I still however think there is no way they would be against gun owners rights. We pay their bills and salary’s. With no guns come no membership fee, no donations, no need for the NRA. So why do people think they would screw us over and cut their own throats. There. It that stupid.

I think Trump knows he needs to appear to do something to have a chance at the 2020 election. I think he’s been told that what he has said can’t happen in the way he’s told them to do it. So it looks to the dumbasses like he’s trying to do something but in reality there is no way the ATF can ban the things he mentioned. Can’t happen. It would have to ban all semi autos to work and that isn’t going to happen. That is why MAC is so worried he sees this the same way. Under official ruling a semi auto is one pull for one round. We all know this. That why bumpstocks have always been found legal. Now they can’t change that without congressional approval no Trump memo can do this.

People need to chill out. You think Trump hasn’t been told what he’s saying in the memo can’t work. He has but he’s doing it to appear to do something.

MAC needs to keep putting pressure on the NRA but he also needs to keep it in check before he gets labeled a rabid gun owner who is “dangerous” and shouldn’t own guns. We need to keep some talk between us you know what I mean.

We also don’t need to fight amongst ourselves. Every family has parts that make a whole. Just like we have mAC we have the NRA and we have the Fudds.
View Quote
Well you and Tim should realize a few things, the left reads this stuff. They are seeing the division people like you and him are creating in our fight.

MAC has alot of followers, if he can sway these people to move against the NRA and Trump,  it's going to hurt us.

The other important thing to consider is niether you or MAC or the rest of you have any political clout, I mean zero!

So what are you boys going to do when a bunch of people look to you for change? Nothing, because you nor him or the rest of you have any organization, resources or funding to compete with the NRA.

Stop being divisive, if Tim is trying to make a name for himself for a future career, it's not going to go well for him and it just may fuck the rest of us.

Stop acting on emotion, that's what liberals do.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:24:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The Memo, I will break it down:

Obama already said they were OK. I asked what a machine gun laws were.

100,000 commented on the last ATF posting. Completely review the comments posted, it will take a while, and then come up with something about banning devices that turn legal guns into machineguns (under the clarification on the definition you already provided- existing law), then post it online for a month so now 1,000,000 will comment on it.

This will take a while, but so what. Review the 1,000,000 comments after the 1-month comment period.

Post this online to shut the media up.

View Quote
ARFCOM'ers are so used to losing, they can't appreciate what a Godsend we have in the West Wing right now.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:32:03 PM EDT
[#14]
MAC started getting weird last year with all those pointless gauntlet videos.  Then he went off the deep end with this NRA hate and shilling for the GOA and their ilk.

I unsubscribed from his channel and don't watch his videos since they are full of derp now.  He seemed like a nice guy, I hope everything is okay in his world.

The NRA isn't without its warts, but one way to look at it, all those crusty old fuddy fucks will eventually die and the younger membership will take over.  It's still the single best tool we have available.  Second Amendment Foundation is good too.  What the hell has GOA ever accomplished aside from shitting all over the NRA?

I really don't think the angry MUH RIGHTS/NO COMPROMISE/THE TREE OF LIBERTY/BLOOD OF TYRANTS types help our argument.  No, I don't agree with compromising and giving stuff up.  But being an angry dick over it only makes you look unreasonable to third parties.  Don't be an angry dick.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:38:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

SNIP

View Quote
I'll highlight the important parts.

SUBJECT:

Application of the Definition of Machinegun to "Bump Fire" Stocks and Other Similar Devices

After the deadly mass murder in Las Vegas, Nevada, on October 1, 2017, I asked my Administration to fully review how the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives regulates bump fire stocks and similar devices.

Although the Obama Administration repeatedly concluded that particular bump stock type devices were lawful to purchase and possess, I sought further clarification of the law restricting fully automatic machineguns.

Accordingly, following established legal protocols, the Department of Justice started the process of promulgating a Federal regulation interpreting the definition of "machinegun" under Federal law to clarify whether certain bump stock type devices should be illegal. The Advanced Notice of Proposed Rulemaking was published in the Federal Register on December 26, 2017. Public comment concluded on January 25, 2018, with the Department of Justice receiving over 100,000 comments.

Today, I am directing the Department of Justice to dedicate all available resources to complete the review of the comments received, and, as expeditiously as possible, to propose for notice and comment a rule banning all devices that turn legal weapons into machineguns.

Although I desire swift and decisive action, I remain committed to the rule of law and to the procedures the law prescribes. Doing this the right way will ensure that the resulting regulation is workable and effective and leaves no loopholes for criminals to exploit. I would ask that you keep me regularly apprised of your progress.

You are authorized and directed to publish this memorandum in the Federal Register.

DONALD J. TRUMP

Important parts in red.  He considers bumpstocks to be machineguns under the law.  Now the ATF is to support that position.  Don't believe if you don't want.  Give it a month or two and ATF will post their new interpretation for comment.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:39:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Also the WH just said they haven't closed the door on an AWB.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:45:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
To be perfectly clear, I whole heartedly agree with his principles on this.  We should not give an inch in this fight.

However, I sincerely believe his whole "Fuck Trump/Fuck the NRA" shtick is hurting more than it's helping.

I do think that Trump is once again playing 4D chess, eating up the prime time bandwidth with talk of bump stock not-a-ban memos and mental health instead of letting them control the narrative with talk of AWB 2.0, mag bans, universal background checks, etc.  
Remember Obama's "gun control" EOs?  41P/F ended up backfiring and actually making NFA transfers easier by eliminating the CLEO approval (although it made it harder on trusts, LLCs, etc.).  The point is, Trumo sending DoJ a memo on a novelty item means precisely nothing without legislation.

In all likelihood, we will look up in a month and be back to business as usual.

Now if you read some of the comments on MAC's FB page and YouTube feed, there are a lot of people pledging not to vote or vote against Trump in 2020.  This is a mistake.  Even if we end up in the worst possible scenario (a bump stock ban) it pales in comparison to the language included in DiFi's 2013 Assault Weapons Ban that died in the Senate.  If the Democrats win back power, I don't think it will be long until they push for FAR more punitive laws and regulations.

You also have to take into consideration the non-gun issues.  I for one don't enjoy watching western culture get fucked by the long brown dick of the third world.  If MAC continues his anti Trump shilling,  he very well may contribute to forces FAR worse than a stupid bump stock ban.

MAC's heart is in the right place, but he needs a serious come-to-Jesus talk.

Screen caps of posts:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/305821/Screenshot_2018-02-21-10-58-44-459537.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/305821/Screenshot_2018-02-21-10-59-23-459538.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/305821/Screenshot_2018-02-21-10-59-32-459539.JPG
View Quote
He blocked me when I mentioned he supported the NRA even after they tried to torpedo the Heller case.. I like his channel and all but hes is incapable of rational thought
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:49:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

SUBJECT:

DONALD J. TRUMP

Important parts in red.  He considers bumpstocks to be machineguns under the law.  Now the ATF is to support that position.  Don't believe if you don't want.  Give it a month or two and ATF will post their new interpretation for comment.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

SNIP

SUBJECT:

DONALD J. TRUMP

No, you highlighted passes that feed your delusions while ignoring the rest.

The funniest thing is the liberals are going apeshit because they can see through the memo, but you can’t.

Actually, thats not funny. Its sad.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:52:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

No, you highlighted passes that feed your delusions while ignoring the rest.

The funniest thing is the liberals are going apeshit because they can see through the memo, but you can't.

Actually, thats not funny. Its sad.
View Quote
Well, I've been wrong before.  I didn't think Congress would get the M855 ban shut down.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 5:20:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
is this the hill you want to die on?

the long game is to get enough people owning MSRs is that they will become unbannable.   there will be some losses along the way.  do you want to throw down the gauntlet in 2018 over bump stocks or see if we can make it past the next decade.

if you can influence the process you can make sure its as narrow a ruling as possible, otherwise the Dems will come up with a 24lb trigger solution.
View Quote
You guys just don't get it.  People like you are the reason we are in this mess.

It's like you never learned the definition of the word "compromise".  Here is your definition of compromise "I want to shoot you in the fucking face but we will compromise and I will only shoot you in the leg".  And you think it's a fucking win

An actual compromise would go like this "we will give you 10% increase in entitlement spending if you pass national ccw / reciprocity".  You get something you want, I get something I want.  Do you see how that works?  And how easy it is? It's almost fucking revolutionary in todays reality.

In reality, it's the entire reason our gov is so disfunctional in general.  They have lost all ability to compromise and everyone wants all or nothing.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 5:24:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Without the NRA, Clinton would be Prez and she would be calling for AWB's, magazine bans, etc.

The most important thing is getting conservative judges appointed.  The Democrats will get in power again, and we need to have a firewall against the crappy laws they will try to pass.

View Quote
You're on some good drugs. The NRA didn't stop clinton from being President and they won't stop any gun, magazine or ammo ban. I watched them cave since 86 onward. You don't seem to grasp the issue. The NRA takes your money and then compromises our Right and laughs at you. You give them all of your money and I'll use mine too buy ammo, mags, firearms etc. I'm no tool of the Left either.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 5:40:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I can read.  ATF has been directed to find bump stocks are machineguns.

That will probably be the extent of new bans and regulations.  It's pretty clear ATF has been given marching orders to change their position on bump stocks.

Unfortunately the courts aren't very pro 2A, so we aren't highly likely to get the ban overturned.
View Quote
I had some guy trying to explain how it was cleverly worded and not a real bump stock ban blah blah and the ATF couldn't (haha) blah

And I just basically said "the president has told them to make bump stocks go away. They want the subject closed and gone dead and buried and the NRA wants the same"

Could you imagine if the ATF came back and said "well we can't, it would be wrong the law protects them" and thus having the ATF standing up for the 2A and the NRA calling for gun regulation.

My mind might collapse. (Technically it's already happened?)
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 5:48:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Lots of supposed "pro-gun" people are coming out trying to weaken the NRA.  Many post on this site.  Some of those same people almost seem giddy about the idea of some gun control being passed.
View Quote
We need to be united, I'm still of the mind the NRA does more good than harm. But they completely stepped on their dick after vegas, and then Marian hammer doubled down against her own god Damn people

It was, disrespectful to say the least. And the whole host of her message to ME anyway was well if you aren't with us, then fuck off.

The NRA is as responsible for their rift with their people as the initial bump stock fiasco.

It was basically a husband and wife fight and both sides need to reconcile before the gulf gets worse and divorce that fucks everyone and the kids takes place.

But Good god swire you seem to be in complete denial of what happened in October. Acting like there was no reason to be upset In the first place.

You're the NRAs Baghdad Bob.

Can the NRA admit it fucked up or at least display some god damn leadership so we can get this shit back on track?
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 5:51:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

SUBJECT:

DONALD J. TRUMP

View Quote
1. Application of the Definition of Machinegun to "Bump Fire" Stocks

1. OK, you got us Democrats. You guys took the moral high ground and exposed us for the murderous, meat-eating, sexists we truly are. We concede and will have our legal team look into the legal definition of a machinegun. We need to get to the bottom of this!!! Hmm, it says here that a machinegun is a device where a single function of the trigger causes more than one bullet to exit the muzzle end. Very interesting... Now, let's look into the murderous bump-MachineGun-stock. Weird... No matter what we do, or how hard we try, a single function of the trigger only causes one round to exit the muzzle end. Hey Sessions... Would you mind throwing a binary trigger in there and testing it again? What??? It still only releases a single bullet per function of the trigger? How can this be??? I thought you were top men??? It is with a heavy heart that I must report that a bumpstock is not a machinegun. I feel ya Pelosi... I'm tearing up too Schiff. I just can't do anything about it...
2. I sought further clarification of the law restricting fully automatic machineguns.

1. Let's dig into this!!! For America!!! Sessions, please review all of the laws that restrict machineguns!!! After you are finished, please clarify what these restrictions comprise of and what the effects of said restrictions are to these machines, that are also guns. Can we also shed some light as to which restrictions, restrict which machineguns and how those machineguns restricted are in fact affected by restricting them? Also, please provide a report comparing and contrasting fully automatic machineguns vs. automatic machineguns and whether or not restrictions restricting fully automatic machineguns are equally levied on guns so deemed to be only automatic machineguns.
3. Today, I am directing the Department of Justice to

1. propose for notice and comment a rule banning all devices that turn legal weapons into machineguns.

1. Democrats... I'm listening to you!!! I decree that any device that turns any legal weapon into a machingun is very very bad, terrible in fact. Pelosi, I have to hand it to you. You got your side to dig in and we on the right will have to concede on this very important point. From this day forth, it is hereby illegal to add an illegal device that would convert a legal weapon into a machinegun.
2. ensure that the resulting regulation is workable and effective and leaves no loopholes for criminals to exploit.

1. Just so you don't think we are trying to get one over on you, we are going to have our top men, verify that an evil machinegun is a device whereby one function of the trigger causes more than one bullet to exit the muzzle. We will print posters, run public announcements, whatever it takes. Rest assured, we aren't going to hide behind hazy rhetoric. You have spoken, your voices rang across America and we are going to make it right!!!!
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 5:53:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I don't MAC is necessarily wrong.

I'll see how this shakes out, but I'm serious about not supporting people who turn tail at the first sign of political turmoil.

If this ends with a bumpstock ban, due to Trump's actions, I'm sitting 2020 out. I don't care WHAT anyone says/thinks. I've been holding my nose for decades. I'm weary of it. I'm not going to do it anymore.

If the right/GoP is serious about earning my vote, they better do some serious self-examination. Self-examination they should be doing, after the rise of Trump, anyways.
View Quote
You want the right to earn your vote, but you're willing to freely give the left one...because that's what you are saying you are going to do.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 5:58:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

1. Application of the Definition of Machinegun to "Bump Fire" Stocks

1. OK, you got us Democrats. You guys took the moral high ground and exposed us for the murderous meat eating sexists that we truly are. We concede and will have our legal team look into the legal definition of a machinegun. We need to get to the bottom of this!!! Hmm, it says here that a machinegun is a device where a single function of the trigger causes more than one bullet to exit the muzzle end. Very interesting... Now, let's look into the murderous bump-MachineGun-stock. Weird... No matter what we do, or how hard we try, a single function of the trigger only causes one round to exit the muzzle end. Hey Sessions... Would you mind throwing a binary trigger in there and testing it again? What??? It still only releases a single bullet per function of the trigger? How can this be??? I thought you were top men??? It is with a heavy heart that I must report that a bumpstock is not a machinegun. I feel ya Pelosi... I'm tearing up too Schiff. I just can't do anything about it...
2. I sought further clarification of the law restricting fully automatic machineguns.

1. Let's dig into this!!! For America!!! Sessions, please review all of the laws that restrict machineguns!!! After you are finished, please clarify what these restrictions comprise of and what the effects of said restrictions are to these machines, that are also guns. Can we also shed some light as to which restrictions, restrict which machineguns and how those machineguns restricted are in fact affected by restricting them? Also, please provide a report comparing and contrasting fully automatic machineguns vs. automatic machineguns and whether or not restrictions restricting fully automatic machineguns are equally levied on guns so deemed to be only automatic machineguns.
3. Today, I am directing the Department of Justice to

1. propose for notice and comment a rule banning all devices that turn legal weapons into machineguns.

1. Democrats... I'm listening to you!!! I decree that any device that turns any legal weapon into a machingun is very very bad, terrible in fact. Pelosi, I have to hand it to you. You got your side to dig in and we on the right will have to concede on this very important point. From this day forth, it is hereby illegal to add an illegal device that would convert a legal weapon into a machinegun.
2. ensure that the resulting regulation is workable and effective and leaves no loopholes for criminals to exploit.

1. Just so you don't think we are trying to get one over on you, we are going to have our top men, verify that an evil machinegun is a device whereby one function of the trigger causes more than one bullet to exit the muzzle. We will print posters, run public announcements, whatever it takes. Rest assured, we aren't going to hide behind hazy rhetoric. You have spoken, your voices rang across America and we are going to make it right!!!!
View Quote
I hope your right Pfran.  But this is the New Yorker without a big gun background.  He was pro AWB in the 90's.  He just got the NRA's blessing and encouragement to have the ATF determine bumpstocks are machineguns.  So I'm not real optimistic right now.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 5:59:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I dunno how we went from having high hopes with suppressors and reciprocity to having this mess.  
View Quote
We're still trying to argue with laws and stats and the constition and that his won't fly with the

Reeeeeeeee WMD emotional post firestorms. You have people saying of You are pro 2A you are pro child murder.

Where do you even begin debunking that? I can understand GD just going blue screen of confusion and saying. Fuck you, come take them, etc.

My brother who is on our side kept telling me that. I would say something and he would say "I know, but facts don't matter" and it's hard to disagree.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 6:09:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I hope your right Pfran.  But this is the New Yorker without a big gun background.  He was pro AWB in the 90's.  He just got the NRA's blessing and encouragement to have the ATF determine bumpstocks are machineguns.  So I'm not real optimistic right now.
View Quote
Think about this...

Do you think that for one second, Trump doesn't know how important America's gun community is to him? It's practically cliche'... Trump = Fat, MAGA hat wearing, bearded 45 year old driving a jacked up Z71 with AR15s in the rear window gun rack.

Don Jr. even took him aside a day ago and told him to tread lightly on the gun thing.

He 100% knows what is going on. Furthermore, he knows that this issue is much more important to the 2A people than the rest of the general population thinks.

Now, more than ever in our lives, it is time to stick by our CiC.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 6:09:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

This.

MAC is being a fucking idiot right now.

Let's say he succeeds and Trump gets the axe in a couple years. What happens? Likely we would be staring at the very real chance that GENUINE "Turn them all in" legislation gets passed and with a razor thin SCOTUS lead, it has a decent chance of getting "found" Constitutional.

Now let's say Trump gets 6 more years. Kennedy retires, Ginsberg might finally die. Conservatives get TWO more amazing justices like Gorsuch onto the SCOTUS. The liberal agenda is FUCKING DEAD for a generation. The rights we see in the Constitution are more or less safe, and even if the Democrats hold all the keys to power again, all their nutball ideas are stricken down.

On a lot of things MAC makes a lot of sense, right now, he is nothing but a fucking tool of the Liberal Democrats.
View Quote
nailed it.

everyone needs to just calm the living fuck down.

we've faced way worse then this before, we will face way worse again.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 6:14:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Think about this...

Do you think that for one second, Trump doesn't know how important America's gun community is to him? It's practically cliche'... Trump = Fat, MAGA hat wearing, bearded 45 year old driving a jacked up Z71 with AR15s in the rear window gun rack.

Don Jr. even took him aside a day ago and told him to tread lightly on the gun thing.

He 100% knows what is going on. Furthermore, he knows that this issue is much more important to the 2A people than the rest of the general population thinks.

Now, more than ever in our lives, it is time to stick by our CiC.
View Quote
Will you stick up for this play if the ATF declares bump stocks machineguns?
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 6:18:17 PM EDT
[#31]
We are at war and this just one more battle to be fought. I will never quit supporting the NRA........ never! People who quit, or condemn before all the smoke has cleared are too fragile to last.

I'm old now and probably have less than ten years to live. I want to preserve our rights and the Constitutional process as much or more than any man alive. I wrote a check for $50 to the NRA yesterday and will do so again next month.

I do not feel threatened with a ban on bump stocks as long as the language is very clear and concise. I don't even have an issue with raising the age to buy a semi-auto centerfire rifle to 21. Shotguns and rimfire semi-auto rifles should remain available to 18 year olds IMO.

Anything more than that is unacceptable to me. I know my opinion will upset many here, it's only that, my opinion. I don't expect anyone else need agree with. Many 18 year olds are immature, I know this because I was one once myself. It wouldn't be unusual for an 18 year old to take his newly purchased AR-15 to school to show his friends his.new toy.

It's also not unusual for other 18 year olds to think about stealing his new toy. Once a young man enters the workforce he begins to appreciate the time and effort that goes into building a life and future for his family and the sacrifices everyone else is making for theirs.

A lot of growth happens between 18 and 21.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 6:29:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Will you stick up for this play if the ATF declares bump stocks machineguns?
View Quote
I'll be wounded and my appreciation of Trump being a master 8D chess player will be diminished.

After that, I will continue to back him (at least through the next election) because an understanding of the bigger picture is crucial. There is a lot going on that we aren't (and shouldn't be) privy to. We are in the middle of a real (tangible) political coup whereby and according to the letter of the law, people could (and should be) executed for Treason. Bumpstocks aren't even in the top 1000 list of things to worry about right now.

That said, don't think I don't see the link between banning bumpstocks and eventual total confiscation and how that circles back around to why 2A is so important to begin with. This entire situation requires some degree of faith.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 6:42:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Trump is our only option for decent supreme court picks. So he will still get my vote even if he bans bump stocks. But I've got no issue with criticizing bad policy.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 6:45:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Trump is our only option for decent supreme court picks. So he will still get my vote even if he bans bump stocks. But I've got no issue with criticizing bad policy.
View Quote
I agree 100%. Just don't call it bad policy until it becomes so.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 6:49:34 PM EDT
[#35]
i whole-heartedly believe that we will have to physically fight for the second in the next ten years if we want to keep it.

that said, i dont think this is the event that will take us there.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 6:51:43 PM EDT
[#36]
I think he's right. Yeah, he can be a little too angry than makes him look reasonable, but he's right.

Also, 4D chess doesn't exist.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 6:53:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I'm with Tim.
View Quote
Me too, the MGM Las Vegas attack was a failure of hotel security.

Banning a gun accessory because of it is just a way for the security theatre circus to pretend that they are the solution.

Fuck this bullshit.

If you want to ban something, try unauthorized use of freight elevators.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 6:55:35 PM EDT
[#38]
I reupped with  the NRA today. Mac needs to unbunch his panties.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 6:56:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
I'm with ya, but that's the thing.  There's no "bad policy" to criticize here.  A memo to DoJ isn't policy.  When the dust settles, lay the criticism or praise where it is deserved.

But to that your first point, I will never EVER forget who the real enemy is, and if the stuffed suit with the R next to his name is promising nothing else but to appoint conservative judges, that's enough for me.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 7:09:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote
Lol wrong.  MAC is right.  Ban bump stocks today,  what will you put on rhe alter to sacrifice tomorrow when another lunatic stars shooting up a school.

You don't need to play 4D chest to know that history suggest that someone will start shooting up civilians in the near future.  If your plan is to hope and pray it doesn't happen again...then you don't have a plan.

So the question remains...what will you give up next time or the time after that.  Youve consented that your rights are outside of your control.  You have consented to give them away every time lunatic acts....You literally live at the whim of the unstable.

Trump has give the A2 almost nothing to date.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 7:09:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I reupped with  the NRA today. Mac needs to unbunch his panties.
View Quote
Don't hold your breath... they've been bunched since his little "colonel" incident.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 7:10:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I have followed and enjoyed MAC for a LONG time, since he started probably.  Yesterday he said anyone that still supports the NRA is a traitor.  I still support the NRA, fuck that guy.
View Quote
I quit watching him a long time ago.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 7:14:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Lol wrong.  MAC is right.  Ban bump stocks today,  what will you put on rhe alter to sacrifice tomorrow when another lunatic stars shooting up a school.

You don't need to play 4D chest to know that history suggest that someone will start shooting up civilians in the near future.  If your plan is to hope and pray it doesn't happen again...then you don't have a plan.

So the question remains...what will you give up next time or the time after that.  Youve consented that your rights are outside of your control.  You have consented to give them away every time lunatic acts....You literally live at the whim of the unstable.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow gee I guess you are right. Maybe I should take my ball and go home and stop actively supporting the NRA and any business that supports the NRA. I guess I'll tuck tail and run before any legislation is passed like a little bitch.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 7:16:49 PM EDT
[#44]
President Trump is our only hope for now. Did anyone watch the "Listening session..." this afternoon.

Reading Trump's mind, so to speak, his focus will be on stepping up security on schools, re-opening mental health facilities, and banning bump stocks.

The last one being a concession to the gun grabbers.

I have been a NRA Life Member since 1988 ($300) back then. I voted for Adam Kraut.

I have owned and shot guns since 1970. I remember the AWB during the Clinton regime.

MAC has the ability and more importantly, the platform to state his opinion. One man's opinion.

You need to look beyond what the short-term thinkers are thinking.

If it were not for Trump becoming our President, Clinton, Part II would have royally screwed us. Period. End of Story.

Long term, Trump will win. That is what he does. He will negotiate as all winners do.

The sky is not falling....but someone's page views/clicks are rising.

Bottom line.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 7:48:43 PM EDT
[#45]
So to summarize:

1. The bump stock ban is ludicrous
2. Another AWB would be pointless and outrageous
3. MAC is a tool/raving lunatic

Got it.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 7:54:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
Trump and the NRA are tools of the left?

Because it's their actions and words that are dividing is on this.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 7:57:07 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Reading Trump's mind, so to speak, his focus will be on stepping up security on schools, re-opening mental health facilities, and banning bump stocks.

The last one being a concession to the gun grabbers.
View Quote
That's a shit concession.  It was shit when the NRA pushed it and it's shit now.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:08:15 PM EDT
[#48]
I remember when Trump first got elected. MAC was all preaching about how the NFA repeal was a SURE THING. And that ohhhhhh ahhhhhh, Republicans own the whole govt.

And now reality smacked him in the face, and he wants to jump like a rat from a sinking ship, all of a sudden. LOL.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:09:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
So to summarize:

1. The bump stock ban is ludicrous
2. Another AWB would be pointless and outrageous
3. MAC is a tool/raving lunatic

Got it.
View Quote
You understand there is no bump stock ban, right?
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:13:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I remember when Trump first got elected. MAC was all preaching about how the NFA repeal was a SURE THING. And that ohhhhhh ahhhhhh, Republicans own the whole govt.

And now reality smacked him in the face, and he wants to jump like a rat from a sinking ship, all of a sudden. LOL.
View Quote
He is really going off in a very ridiculous manner. He is "quoting" things that were never even quotes. He has invested himself so deep into his incorrect opinion on the matter that there is no way he can even be honest about it.

Unfortunately, pride can be a bitch, but the thing is that he has talked about integrity in reviews so much that there is no way he can regain any credibility.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top