BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 120
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:06:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
His press secretary said he was willing to talk gun control, he sent a memo to the atf about bump stocks, he's meeting with Geraldo and school shooting gun control advocates to discuss gun control.
View Quote
We might all want to keep the Astroglide handy.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:06:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
(Quoting myself from earlier....)

Trump said (verbatim):

I directed Attorney General to clarify whether certain bumpstock devices like the one used in Las Vegas are illegal under current law

Bumpstocks are not illegal under current law. They fire one round per function of the trigger.

Furthermore...

“...I signed a memorandum directing Attorney General to propose regulations to ban all devices that turn legal weapons into machine guns.

Meaning.... Abso-FUCK’N-lutely NOTHING!!!!!! Devices that turn legal weapons into machine guns ARE already illegal.
View Quote
Exactly.

Trump says hey, I told them to ban anything that turns guns into machine guns.

Bump stocks don't do that per THE ATF definition of a machine gun.

Therefore, nothing is banned.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:07:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
So you're going to vote for who instead? Oprah?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My vote is up in the air at the moment.  This has changed my opinion of him.  Depending on the next three years and how he does in the 2A department depends on if he gets my vote.  Screw you guys saying its just a piece of plastic.  Not one Inch dammit!
So you're going to vote for who instead? Oprah?
She said that God told her not to run, which is apparently OK because the left likes her.  Not so much with Pence.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:07:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'm not reading 47 pages except to say that I hope we all realize that our president knows what bump stocks are, probably due to his son, and probably didn't just do this on a whim. And secondly I don't think a bump stock ban is going anywhere, it has to happen in the legislature, the ATF already said they can't do this, it doesn't matter if they are ordered to review it again or not.

You all went crazy when w said he would support an AWB ban if it Congress sent one to him, knowing full well it would never come to his desk.

I'm not saying he was lying, but both of them could be using the same tactic.

We all know that this is a nothingburger gimme for Huckabee to use from her pulpit.

Don't let Trump support turn into a Libertarian movement destroying ideology where if it's not pure capital L then it's nothing. Perfect is the enemy of good enough, and as long as no ban on bump stocks ever materializes I think we need to give the president a couple of weeks to see how things play out.
View Quote
Well said
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:09:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

This.  The big problem with "assault weapons" bans is that they have no impact on crime, and the lack of impact leads to the next ban.  Ban "assault weapons", nothing changes, liberals cry that we need a different ban.
View Quote
In the UK they keep increasing the number of cuts, welds and missing parts required for a pathetic, shitty "deactivated", at one time a firearm to be legal (with a permit).

NOTHING WILL EVER SATISFY THE BANNERS.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:10:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Trump said (verbatim):

"I directed Attorney General to clarify whether certain bumpstock devices like the one used in Las Vegas are illegal under current law

Bumpstocks are not illegal under current law. They fire one round per function of the trigger.

Furthermore...

"...I signed a memorandum directing Attorney General to propose regulations to ban all devices that turn legal weapons into machine guns."

Meaning.... Abso-FUCK'N-lutely NOTHING!!!!!! Devices that turn legal weapons into machine guns ARE already illegal.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:11:04 AM EDT
[#7]
So if you own a bump stick and it’s made illegal what then? Am I supposed to just report to the gulag?
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:11:17 AM EDT
[#8]
1986 Hughes Amend Passes = all post 86 Machine guns are illegal for private ownership
Gun market reacts to Hughes = devices that simulate machine gun like rates of fire while still keeping semi auto
For years ATF says bump stock and other devices are legal = thousands of these devices are made and sold
Machine gun value continues to climb = machine guns with more controlled purchase process become impossible for most
$20-30,000 machine gun prices = more bump stock like devices are produced and sold than ever before
Shootings = Political Theater
Bump stock = machine gun
Post 86 machine gun = illegal for private ownership
Constitutional requirements says the Gov has to give you due compensation to seize the now illegal item = $20-30,000 value item each since it's a machine gun

Potential solution = repeal Hughes Amend and remove the NFA tax, allow free registration on form 1 for existing devices and the machine gun sales line for Post 86 guns is now open, allowing the republicans to claim a win and Trump to say he created that improved background check system for the purchase of such devices, all while saying they reclassified bump stocks to make them harder to purchase and improving the odds of catching a non qualified buyer because of the review done on NFA purchases.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:14:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
1986 Hughes Amend Passes = all post 86 Machine guns are illegal for private ownership
Gun market reacts to Hughes = devices that simulate machine gun like rates of fire while still keeping semi auto
For years ATF says bump stock and other devices are legal = thousands of these devices are made and sold
Machine gun value continues to climb = machine guns with more controlled purchase process become impossible for most
$20-30,000 machine gun prices = more bump stock like devices are produced and sold than ever before
Bump stock = machine gun
Constitutional requirements says the Gov has to give you due compensation to seize the now illegal item = $20-30,000 value item each since it's a machine gun

Potential solution = repeal Hughes Amend and remove the NFA tax, allow free registration on form 1 for existing devices and the machine gun sales line for Post 86 guns is now open, allowing the republicans to claim a win and Trump to say he created that improved background check system for the purchase of such devices, all while saying they reclassified bump stocks to make them harder to purchase and improving the odds of catching a non qualified buyer because of the review done on NFA purchases.
View Quote
How many times are you going to post the same exact copy paste?

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/-/5-2082964/?r=70931054&qte=1#i70931054
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:14:33 AM EDT
[#10]
I love the mental gymnastics you guys are doing to make checkers  capitulation look like 4D chess.

"...but what if by losing, we're really winning...?"
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:14:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Exactly.

View Quote
You have underestimated the ability of lawyers and judges to twist words.

Underestimating your adversary is always a serious mistake.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:18:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
His press secretary said he was willing to talk gun control, he sent a memo to the atf about bump stocks, he's meeting with Geraldo and school shooting gun control advocates to discuss gun control.
Bills go through Congress. He can talk and suggest but congress has to write and pass.

Everybody write your congressman. Lots. Tell them they will lose votes if anybody does any kind of gun control. If it will cost them their seats they won't do it, and sometimes all it takes is a handful of congressmen on the right committees to kill a bill.

Tell your Congress critter to kill these bills while they're still just talk.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:18:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I love the mental gymnastics you guys are doing to make checkers  capitulation look like 4D chess.

View Quote
Checkers capitulation™ macman37
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:19:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
You just don't understand real estate works.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:19:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Bump stock = machine gun

View Quote
No repeal needed. Jeff Sessions as AG can declare 90 day NFA amnesties whenever he wants.

After 50 million newly amnesties firearms are added to the registry, Hughes might as well not exist, and becomes a ban on firearms in "common use".
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:21:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly.

You are correct.

Judges have been referencing tweets and statements made by the Predident and Candidate Trump, to inform their rulings on immigration issues.

We can say that his statements are 4d Chess, and that in the end, he won’t follow through with regulations or legislation.  But stating that an AWB is “not off the table” is a bad thing.

I remember when GWB claimed that he would sign and AWB, if it made it to his desk.  Many here did not see that as 4d Chess.  Quite the opposite.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:22:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
You just don’t undertand. You have to fill the swamp before you can drain it.

Oh yea and btw, the nyc liberal was spot on in this video. His followers will always find the justification to grovel, no matter what he does or says. No different than the Obama or hillery fanatics imho.

https://youtu.be/rMmiLWDpCno
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:26:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly.

I’ve honestly been expecting the ATF to come back with a completely different ruling on bump stocks than their previous ones. If DJT goes along with it who in the swamp would challenge the ruling legally?
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:29:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I remember when GWB claimed that he would sign and AWB, if it made it to his desk.  Many here did not see that as 4d Chess.  Quite the opposite.
View Quote
I remember that.......When you punt to Congress nothing gets done.

No need for chess, it's a given.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:30:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I’ve honestly been expecting the ATF to come back with a completely different ruling on bump stocks than their previous ones. If DJT goes along with it who in the swamp would challenge the ruling legally?
View Quote
I don't claim to know what will happen.
I do know that those who believe it can't happen are engaged in wishful thinking.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:30:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
It would not surprise me if somehow Trump 4D Chesses National Concealed Carry Reciprocity out of this.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:32:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:34:38 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Republicans always think it's too soon.  There's always a reason that it's not the right time, always a reason to wait.

(lightbulb over head) They don't actually have any intention of passing pro-gun legislation in DC, they just use it as the perpetual carrot to con pro-2A voters.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Too soon for that in this climate... I think...
So it's too soon for pro gun stuff???
Republicans always think it's too soon.  There's always a reason that it's not the right time, always a reason to wait.

(lightbulb over head) They don't actually have any intention of passing pro-gun legislation in DC, they just use it as the perpetual carrot to con pro-2A voters.
The FL GOP is exactly that. They shot down the AWB bill again yesterday afternoon. But they also happen to block every meaningful pro gun bill from ever passing.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:36:32 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
 If you think Hughes is going anywhere in this political climate, you are weapons grade retarded. Same with HPA.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bump stock = machine gun

If you think Hughes is going anywhere in this political climate, you are weapons grade retarded. Same with HPA.
HPA..... shit. National Reciprocity ain't going anywhere and that is a much bigger boost for gun rights.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:36:59 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

It would not surprise me if somehow Trump 4D Chesses National Concealed Carry Reciprocity out of this.
View Quote
lol
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:38:29 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
I was one of Trump's biggest cheerleaders. Trump sold us out, now we just have to wait and see how bad. I still think he is the best republican who could overcome the media and get in office. If we nominated Cruz or Kasich we'd be dealing with Hillary in office and the house and Senate under Democrat control.

Trump was the only republican who could stir up the youth vote. The people who posted memes showing the media saying one thing and then completely contradicting themselves to bash Trump, the people who posted independent news articles about Clinton's corruption while the main stream media was brushing it off and telling people not to read her emails. Cruz was never going to bring those people in.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:38:54 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
This.  The big problem with "assault weapons" bans is that they have no impact on crime, and the lack of impact leads to the next ban.  Ban "assault weapons", nothing changes, liberals cry that we need a different ban.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The media is saying that bump-stocks and upgraded background checks are not enough, they want to ban assault weapons.
Of course. I said it before, the liberals will only be happy with an Assault Weapons Ban. That is at least until the next shooting and then they will be demanding something else like a handgun ban.
You know that, I know that, they know that. Their goal is repealing gun ownership.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:42:05 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol. He’s going in dry. Bite down on the pillow.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:43:06 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I've been reading reactions here and elsewhere.  I'm about fucking sick of seeing and hearing "I'm a second amendment supporter, BUT ________".
View Quote
There were tons of 'second amendment supporters' who went all in on the only New York liberal who had donated to Chuck Schumer and Hillary Clinton in the race.

'Second amendment supporters' is italicized on purpose and for emphasis.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:43:46 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bump stock = machine gun

Again, anybody that thinks Hughes is going anywhere is weapons grade retarded.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:43:50 AM EDT
[#31]
Unless this is some kind of 4D chess where he knows that they have already been reviewed and cannot be classified as MGs then I am seriously disappointed. Angry even.

This is not how to MAGA.

Not one more inch!
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:44:24 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Exactly.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trump said (verbatim):

"I directed Attorney General to clarify whether certain bumpstock devices like the one used in Las Vegas are illegal under current law

Furthermore...

"...I signed a memorandum directing Attorney General to propose regulations to ban all devices that turn legal weapons into machine guns."

Meaning.... Abso-FUCK'N-lutely NOTHING!!!!!! Devices that turn legal weapons into machine guns ARE already illegal.
Exactly.

You and many other people are believing and thinking in a manner that government actually follows the written intentions of the law. That they look at this as a mechanical issue just as we do. Government does not operate off logic; it operates off emotion and manipulated public opinion.

Look at the Massachusetts Attorney General and how she reinterpreted the Massachusetts assault weapons ban.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:45:04 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
 Some of the NRA cheerleaders are performing Gold Medal quality routines on LaPierre’s Pommel Horse.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:47:06 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly.

Penalty is spelled T A X
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:50:33 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Bills go through Congress. He can talk and suggest but congress has to write and pass.

Everybody write your congressman. Lots. Tell them they will lose votes if anybody does any kind of gun control. If it will cost them their seats they won't do it, and sometimes all it takes is a handful of congressmen on the right committees to kill a bill.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My Representative is a Democrat. My Senators are Marco Rubio and Bill Nelson. One pushes gun control and the other pushed gun control.

Every level of my voice in government except for the executive branch in both the state and federal level is a gun control backing shit stain. The Governor and President happen to be keep the status quo guys.

Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:51:22 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
No repeal needed. Jeff Sessions as AG can declare 90 day NFA amnesties whenever he wants.

After 50 million newly amnesties firearms are added to the registry, Hughes might as well not exist, and becomes a ban on firearms in "common use".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bump stock = machine gun

Hughes Amendment says you're wrong.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:52:21 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Trump said (verbatim):

Furthermore...

View Quote
...So then either A) Don't say anything at all, or B) Make an announcement that the current administration is not interested in pursuing any gun legislation whatsoever.

To come out and say that 'an AWB is on the table' is not very 5-D chess / MAGAMAGA bigly.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:53:53 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:56:30 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

You just don't understand real estate works.
View Quote
You just don't understand how negotiation works.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:58:10 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Its a retarded proposition anyway.  As I said, Hughes ain't going anywhere.  NADA, nope, not gonna happen.  Its a pipe dream.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:58:23 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote
The Hughes Amendment thing is amusing to me:

> "Machine guns aren't protected by the 2A because they're not in common use!"
> Machine guns (more or less) banned from civilian ownership, ergo can't be in common use because of the ban.

Not protected because they're banned. Banned because they're not protected.

Gun control begets itself from time to time.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:58:29 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Penalty is spelled T A X
View Quote
"'When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty said, in a rather scornful tone, 'it means just what I choose it to mean, neither more nor less.'"
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:58:57 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Its a retarded proposition anyway.  As I said, Hughes ain't going anywhere.  NADA, nope, not gonna happen.  Its a pipe dream.
View Quote
Yeah, but we should fight it anyways, and make it a defensive battle for them.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:59:53 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I was one of Trump's biggest cheerleaders. Trump sold us out, now we just have to wait and see how bad. I still think he is the best republican who could overcome the media and get in office. If we nominated Cruz or Kasich we'd be dealing with Hillary in office and the house and Senate under Democrat control.

Trump was the only republican who could stir up the youth vote. The people who posted memes showing the media saying one thing and then completely contradicting themselves to bash Trump, the people who posted independent news articles about Clinton's corruption while the main stream media was brushing it off and telling people not to read her emails. Cruz was never going to bring those people in.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 9:00:52 AM EDT
[#45]
Anyone who thinks / thought that Trumpf would not throw gun rights under the Bus to build his Wall has very little political perception ..
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 9:03:07 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

> Machine guns (more or less) banned from civilian ownership, ergo can't be in common use because of the ban.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is how gun control works.... They fuck us over.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 9:07:40 AM EDT
[#47]
lol you think that reflects reality?
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 9:10:23 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

THIS.  So much THIS.

P.S. can anyone remind me what that thing about the Hillary campaign and the FBI was again?

Oh nevermind, that's old news now.  The important thing is that the NRA is the root of all evil in America.
View Quote
This!
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 9:10:26 AM EDT
[#49]
NBC News

Where's Brian Williams?
Is he setting model rocket motors under pickup trucks?
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 9:10:49 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Did the bans happen over night?
View Quote
Yes, a swat team came to my house and took everything but a bolt action and revolver.
Page / 120
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top