User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 6:36:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Does Sam's Club offer this service as well?
View Quote
Saw it advertised at Sam's. Never tried it though.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 6:38:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Do you tip the person who brings it out and loads it in your car?
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 6:47:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Doesn't change my opinion.

If you think the customers with shopping carts are bad, you should see them try to drive a car.
View Quote
Every time I've used the grocery pickup there hasn't been anyone else in the dedicated parking lot, so there's less chance of anyone opening their door into the side of your car or running you over
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 6:50:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I thought this thread was going to be about picking up chics at Wal-Mart.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 7:14:19 PM EDT
[#5]
We like it for Food Storage.

There are items we like to keep a lot of that are not offered at our local stores, but are available online.

In fact, we will be picking up an order in a few days that we made yesterday of things we like, but our local store does not offer...

It is brilliant.

We love it.

Amazon has to cover shipping. WM is lower price, and we stop by the store at least once a week for something the family needs, so we might as well put an order in...

It has turned out to be brilliant.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 7:16:58 PM EDT
[#6]
My family has been using it since it first started.  Works great.  I don't recall any issues with it.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 7:29:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Seems my wife got to experience the customer service side of this the other day.
Looks like the minions get "graded" on the customer experience by the survey that you fill out after an order is processed.

She had one order that had three substitutions that they didn’t mention.
She put that info on the survey, hoping they would double check next time.
She got a call from an American human from Walmart within a couple of hours.
They refunded all three substitutions and gave her a $10 credit for her trouble without her asking for any of it.

It was almost like customer service from a small mom and pop shop.

If I had to guess, it’s because the program is new in our area and they want good word of mouth. Who knows if it will last, but I thought it was a surprising response.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 7:47:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Yes can you send an attractive woman to my vehicle with my order for duct tape,astro glide and a toilet plunger,thanks
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 8:03:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Produce from Walmart?

View Quote
I have been buying groceries including produce from a few local Walmart Super Centers for over 10 years. They have definitely improved. I haven't seen any difference in quality in the past 5 years for the basics as compared to chains like Safeway, Stop and Shop - Giant, etc.

They are not up to the level of Whole Foods or Wegmans in terms of variety.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 8:08:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
You did it wrong.  This is grocery pickup, follow the signs in the parking lot and go park by the door and wait for someone to bring your order out.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I did and pickup is at the BACK OF THE STORE.  That means I have to go inside and wait in line.
It took 10 minutes for someone to even get to the desk to pull my order up and retrieve it from the back of the store.

NOT HAPPY with it at my location.
You did it wrong.  This is grocery pickup, follow the signs in the parking lot and go park by the door and wait for someone to bring your order out.
These were groceries.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 8:34:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

These were groceries.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

These were groceries.
But you didn't do GROCERY PICKUP if you had to walk inside the store.

Quoted:
We like it for Food Storage.

There are items we like to keep a lot of that are not offered at our local stores, but are available online.

In fact, we will be picking up an order in a few days that we made yesterday of things we like, but our local store does not offer...

It is brilliant.

We love it.

Amazon has to cover shipping. WM is lower price, and we stop by the store at least once a week for something the family needs, so we might as well put an order in...

It has turned out to be brilliant.
I don't think you can place a grocery pickup order for things that aren't available in the store
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 8:40:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
These were groceries.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I did and pickup is at the BACK OF THE STORE.  That means I have to go inside and wait in line.
It took 10 minutes for someone to even get to the desk to pull my order up and retrieve it from the back of the store.

These were groceries.
That's not how we set it up.  You can't go into the store with grocery pickup.

The idea is to keep you fully outside the store.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 9:23:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
You mean Amazon?
View Quote
No, He means Wal-Mart.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 9:24:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Does Sam's Club offer this service as well?
View Quote
Yes
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 9:34:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 9:36:06 PM EDT
[#16]
WM is getting their online act together quite nicely. I've not done the curbside pickup thing, but their traditional online/ship-to-home system works pretty well and has some great prices at times.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 9:47:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The only service I've used in this vein is Kroger's Click List. Order your groceries online, get them loaded into your vehicle at their pick-up area. They charge $4.95 per order, regardless of the amount purchased.

I've been meaning to try Wally World's service and HEB also has the service I've yet to try. A few grocers are even getting back to home delivery, Tom Thumb being one - if you order a $100.00 minimum. .
View Quote
We've been using Kroger and HEB pickup, mainly Kroger. It's been great. The produce and meat have been at least as good as what we would have picked. We also save a lot more that the $4.95 fee as we don't make impulse purchases and the impulse purchases are usually crap we don't need to be eating anyway.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 10:01:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
WM is getting their online act together quite nicely. I've not done the curbside pickup thing, but their traditional online/ship-to-home system works pretty well and has some great prices at times.
View Quote
The only time I go to Wal-Mart is to buy dog treats and Mobile 1 oil.

Just realized I can get it shipped for free.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 10:08:41 PM EDT
[#19]
I got this thing called a wife.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 10:08:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Will they do this with guns and ammo?
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 10:09:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Do you tip the person who brings it out and loads it in your car?
View Quote
Only if they do a little “extra” while they are dropping off the groceries.......so no.

Another thing I’ve noticed is that if they don’t have an item in the size you ordered, they will give you the larger size for the same price.
I needed a couple of cans of hominy for pazole....I ended up with one 25 oz can(size I ordered) and a 60ish oz size can since they only had 1 smaller can.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 10:11:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Does it apply to ammo?  That would be cool.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 10:13:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Sent the wife to pick our order up, she sat there for an hour and they still fucked it up. Apparently some of the stuff was not in stock... drove there right after and holy shit, the chicken and parsley was right there where they always were. Parsnips might be what had them running around all that time.

Saved 0 time and son was in the car so it turned into crying.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 10:18:56 PM EDT
[#24]
I love it.   I can shop without ass.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 10:20:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Every time I've used the grocery pickup there hasn't been anyone else in the dedicated parking lot, so there's less chance of anyone opening their door into the side of your car or running you over
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you think the customers with shopping carts are bad, you should see them try to drive a car.
Yah. There is no dedicated parking lot here.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 11:00:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You must still be confused and not understand grocery pickup.

This thread explains a lot about why shopping at Walmart is so terrible. This is almost as bad as a tax thread!
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 11:08:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

This thread explains a lot about why shopping at Walmart is so terrible. This is almost as bad as a tax thread!
View Quote
Bullshit your bullshit flag. There is no grocery pickup at our Walmart. Closest Walmart with it is a few hours away in Sacramento. Our Bel Air has it. I wish we got the Amazon box groceries thing here. But we are too far out and our area isn't covered by it.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 11:10:49 PM EDT
[#28]
I like to walk the aisles.
Sometimes, I am inspired, or suckered if you will, at buying a new flavor of potato chip, tortilla chip, or cookie.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 1:08:20 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
They dont have it in my area yet because they cant figure out how to conduct EBT transactions online yet...

So for now, i have to drive 30 mins out of my way to the non-foodstamp infested walmart to take advantage of the pickup service...

Its amazing.

And also, illegals are why i cant have nice things.
View Quote
LOL   they opened up a new Neighborhood Market in the super poor section of my town last year and from day one they've had online ordering with outside pick up so there must be something wrong with your people that they can't figure it out LOL
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 1:15:07 AM EDT
[#30]
I haven't tried the Walmart grocery pickup because I rarely buy groceries at Walmart. Most of my groceries are either Aldi or Kroger or the occasional trip to Winco once a month. The only time I get anything at Walmart is if I'm on the way home from work at 9 a.m. and I just feel like walking around a little bit before I get home.

It's either wandering around Walmart or wandering around Home Depot

I would like to try the Kroger pick up but they don't offer it in my town. They do offer in the town where I work my part time job but the earliest pickup is 8 a.m. and I get off work at 7 a.m.

I do 99% of the grocery shopping for my family.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 1:20:01 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Bullshit your bullshit flag. There is no grocery pickup at our Walmart. Closest Walmart with it is a few hours away in Sacramento. Our Bel Air has it. I wish we got the Amazon box groceries thing here. But we are too far out and our area isn't covered by it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then why did you post in here claiming to have used grocery pickup?
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 1:38:13 AM EDT
[#32]
Ive tried it and its now the only way to grocery shop.

And can anyone tell me why the closest to me Wally has a gallon of milk for $3 where the next closest one its $1? I assume because the first one gets more FSA members.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 1:38:52 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
Not all WallyWorlds have the online/pickup service...yet anyway.

If I used their service I'd have to pass by 2 WallyWorlds to get to the third one, a Super WallyWorld, that does offer the service.

I reckon that's one reason I've never tried WallyWorld's online service. My Kroger clicklist store is closer.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 1:43:04 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I haven't tried the Walmart grocery pickup because I rarely buy groceries at Walmart. Most of my groceries are either Aldi or Kroger or the occasional trip to Winco once a month. The only time I get anything at Walmart is if I'm on the way home from work at 9 a.m. and I just feel like walking around a little bit before I get home.

It's either wandering around Walmart or wandering around Home Depot

I would like to try the Kroger pick up but they don't offer it in my town. They do offer in the town where I work my part time job but the earliest pickup is 8 a.m. and I get off work at 7 a.m.

I do 99% of the grocery shopping for my family.
View Quote
I wish WINCO had online ordering/pickup. I'm about 3 blocks from one, but I don't shop there because of their 'market share'. It's worse than going to Walmart.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 2:50:32 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 3:20:53 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I wish WINCO had online ordering/pickup. I'm about 3 blocks from one, but I don't shop there because of their 'market share'. It's worse than going to Walmart.
View Quote
I shop at the WinCo in Garland but I'm there at 7:20 a.m. on a weekday so it's usually me, three other customers and a bunch of employees
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 3:26:39 AM EDT
[#37]
We are becoming 1 more step to those  fat  slobs sitting in a chair who NEVER walk.  Never leave their house.
Never exercise  and never  do anything but watch TV.

If this program is a big success, I bet wal-mart would consider shutting down the actual store front and just operating a warehouse like Amazon.
With K-mart, sears, etc going out of business, it leaves little to imagine what will be remaining.

Just a bunch of stores where you drive up and they load your car full of stuff(shit) you bought online,.

No thanks. I will park at the back of the parking lot and walk all the way to the back of the store and physically pick the food up.
and I will  walk all the way back out to the car and use my arms to load all the food in .  THANKS!  
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 8:22:10 AM EDT
[#38]
They do groceries here.

You place your order, a pickup time and they put the food in your car.  They show you your produce and inventory.  You never have to get out the car.

They save money because it removes 2 steps from the process.  No shelf stocking and no cashier work.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 8:49:54 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
We are becoming 1 more step to those  fat  slobs sitting in a chair who NEVER walk.  Never leave their house.
Never exercise  and never  do anything but watch TV.

If this program is a big success, I bet wal-mart would consider shutting down the actual store front and just operating a warehouse like Amazon.
With K-mart, sears, etc going out of business, it leaves little to imagine what will be remaining.

Just a bunch of stores where you drive up and they load your car full of stuff(shit) you bought online,.

No thanks. I will park at the back of the parking lot and walk all the way to the back of the store and physically pick the food up.
and I will  walk all the way back out to the car and use my arms to load all the food in .  THANKS!  
View Quote
If you are so concerned about exercise just spend the time you saved ordering online and picking up to run around the block when you get home.

Wal-Mart would never go pickup only because I doubt many of their shoppers would have the mental fortitude to use the app and plan ahead to get their groceries (you have to pick a specific time window a day or so after placing the order.)

Having a one year old the program is great because I don't have to bring her into the store.  I can just pick her up after work and go by and get the groceries before heading home.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 9:09:04 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

These were groceries.

Again, there IS NO PICKUP unless you go in.  No signs on the parking lot, no nothing.
Pickup is at the BACK of the store.  Period.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 9:10:05 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So I'm not the only one.  There isn't one at ours either. No signs or painting in the lot.  Pickup is done inside--at the back of the store.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 9:15:01 AM EDT
[#42]
I've used the grocery pick up several times here in Wisconsin.  Produce, meat, & products have been great.  They've substituted better products several times much to my benefit.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 9:49:25 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
That doesn't translate into Sams Club. I have things I have to buy every two months for work, like cases of toilet paper, cases of paper towels etc. So I finally decided to pre-order all the stuff. I also ordered a case of these spray bottles (like windex spray bottles). Well they don't carry it in the store, but they'll ship it to you as part of the order. Ok, fine.

I order, I go to Sams to pickup what they do have. First you have to find the hidden kiosk, then once you find that, you have to scan your receipt which triggers a page for an associate from the back. When they finally get there, they can ring you up and you can go.

A few days later, my "case" of 12 spray bottles arrive. I open the box. There's ONE spray bottle inside. ONE. $26 and they send one.

So I get online, fill out their online complaint page, put in the order number, my member number, the item number, etc. Send it off. 45 minutes later I get a reply from a customer service rep, they don't have enough info for my claim. Case closed.

Fuck.

Ok, so the next day I call customer service. I talk to some 300lb woman who sounds like a big American Idol fan. 45 second conversation, she says she'll just send me another box. Fine.

Get the next "case" again, ONE bottle inside.

I have the lady in my office call next. 30 minutes on the phone, they say take it back to Sam's.

I take it back to Sam's. They don't want to take it back, says online must go back online. Bullshit, go get a manager. Spend 20 minutes with a manager who finally agrees to take it back and issue me a $26 credit.
View Quote
Just use their scan and go app. Much easier
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 9:53:26 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Again, there IS NO PICKUP unless you go in.  No signs on the parking lot, no nothing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

These were groceries.

I stand corrected.  They are not doing it properly then.  It sounds like a store manager that's doing his own thing.

The whole purpose of the initiative was to bring back the business of people that have left WalMart.  One of the guiding principles is to keep people out of the store.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 10:20:58 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I stand corrected.  They are not doing it properly then.  It sounds like a store manager that's doing his own thing.

The whole purpose of the initiative was to bring back the business of people that have left WalMart.  One of the guiding principles is to keep people out of the store.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

These were groceries.

My gut instinct is that since we have a HUGE Kroger about a quarter of a mile away that does Clicklist, that they don't even want to TRY and compete.  It sucks for the consumer.  
Everyone here is talking about parking lots that are clearly outlined for pickup and I keep waiting and it's just not there at WalMart.  Instead they make it very inconvenient for you to get any sort of stuff you order by having to walk all the way to the back of the store and then wait.  I literally waited for 5-10 minutes for a guy to even come to the register in the back and pull my order.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 12:13:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
So I'm not the only one.  There isn't one at ours either. No signs or painting in the lot.  Pickup is done inside--at the back of the store.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You still don't get it do you? Grocery pickup is a different service that obviously your walmart doesn't have yet.  Quit trying to say that normal in store pickup is the same as grocery pickup.  It isn't!

Hint: They have a separate website: https://grocery.walmart.com/
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 8:26:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I don't think you can place a grocery pickup order for things that aren't available in the store
View Quote
I can tell you 100% that what I ordered is not available in the store. It is available online, for free delivery at the store.

It is not available at my store.

Yeah, I had to go into the store to get my order. But shipping was free if I picked it up at the store...
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 11:01:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I can tell you 100% that what I ordered is not available in the store. It is available online, for free delivery at the store.

Yeah, I had to go into the store to get my order. But shipping was free if I picked it up at the store...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not grocery pickup.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top