BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 14
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 11:06:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
See, someone needs to do more research and reading. Looks like you have a long way to go to catch up to speed.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then please, enlighten me about the "banker's war". You seem ever so knowledgeable. Who exactly are "the bankers".
See, someone needs to do more research and reading. Looks like you have a long way to go to catch up to speed.
Will you at least share your thoughts on the Rothschilds?
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 11:13:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I'm a Patriot that voted for MAGA. Not a troll, sorry that I don't fall for the neocon agenda.

Post less and read more. You are way over your head in this thread and don't even know what you are talking about.

Problem is that McCain, Graham, Rubio, HRC, Obama, Victoria Nuland had been trying to get us involved militarily (behind what we were already doing) in Ukraine and in Syria before Obama's term was up. They overthrew a democratically elected leader in Ukraine and tried to get us into a military conflict with Russia over nothing other than them being war hungry. We had no business in Ukraine, at all and had no business overthrowing a leader that was elected by the people.

We also had no business and continue to have no business in Syria. Russia is an ally of Syria. Russia was invited by Syria to help Syria defeat ISIS/rebels that were being supported by the west and trying to overthrow another democratically elected leader. We have no business in Syria. I have no interest in another war that the globalist and bankers support and want to get rich off of. Russia has been doing the good fight in wiping ISIS off the face of the earth. We could have worked alongside Russia and Syria in this common goal to get rid of Syria, instead we are the ones that are creating more drama and putting ourselves where we shouldn't be and trying to push an agenda that is contrary to what Syria/Russians want. All to push the agenda that Saudi Arabia/Israel/Turkey want.

I don't want to waste more money fighting another war that has no purpose in our self defense and that will only be protracted and get more of out young men and women killed. All for the monetary gain for the MIC and bankers.

https://www.zerohedge.com/sites/default/files/images/user230519/imageroot/2016/10/20/2016.10.24%20-%20Syria%204.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you a libertarian, or are you a part of the FSB troll farm?
I'm a Patriot that voted for MAGA. Not a troll, sorry that I don't fall for the neocon agenda.

Quoted:

Lol @ "banker's war". Classic.

Pretty sure we got another live one on our hands.
Post less and read more. You are way over your head in this thread and don't even know what you are talking about.

Quoted:
But deciding where "we have no business being" is strictly a matter of opinion and choice.

The problem with isolationism is that, while one can try to pull away from the rest of the world, the rest of the world will not reciprocate. The problem with interventionism is that we don't have the resources to BE "the entire world." We have to live somewhere in between.
Problem is that McCain, Graham, Rubio, HRC, Obama, Victoria Nuland had been trying to get us involved militarily (behind what we were already doing) in Ukraine and in Syria before Obama's term was up. They overthrew a democratically elected leader in Ukraine and tried to get us into a military conflict with Russia over nothing other than them being war hungry. We had no business in Ukraine, at all and had no business overthrowing a leader that was elected by the people.

We also had no business and continue to have no business in Syria. Russia is an ally of Syria. Russia was invited by Syria to help Syria defeat ISIS/rebels that were being supported by the west and trying to overthrow another democratically elected leader. We have no business in Syria. I have no interest in another war that the globalist and bankers support and want to get rich off of. Russia has been doing the good fight in wiping ISIS off the face of the earth. We could have worked alongside Russia and Syria in this common goal to get rid of Syria, instead we are the ones that are creating more drama and putting ourselves where we shouldn't be and trying to push an agenda that is contrary to what Syria/Russians want. All to push the agenda that Saudi Arabia/Israel/Turkey want.

I don't want to waste more money fighting another war that has no purpose in our self defense and that will only be protracted and get more of out young men and women killed. All for the monetary gain for the MIC and bankers.

https://www.zerohedge.com/sites/default/files/images/user230519/imageroot/2016/10/20/2016.10.24%20-%20Syria%204.jpg
All for monetary gain of the US Dollar. I know for a fact you've read about the petrodollar on Zerohedge and Strormfront. So tell me what happens to our currency when we go ostrich and turn inwards, isolationists, stick heads in ground? It means you're fucked, I'll fucked, we're all fucked. I don't care how many bars of gold you squirreled away, or how many MREs you have packed in your garage, or how many Mini14s and bubbafucked SKSs you own, you'll be begging for death after it all collapses into Great Depression 2.0.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 11:23:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Could it be possible that they either didn't think or didn't know US forces were present at that location at that time until we called the Russians to ask if it was them coming.  Russians go "OH shit"  "No not us" and left those guys go and get fucked up rather than turning them around which would prove that they, were in fact, Russian and blow a part the cover of no Russian forces participating on the ground in that fashion?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

One of the latest stories is that the Russians were there to retake an oil field and facility for the Syrians, at which point one of the Oligarchs was going to get a pay out, and that oligarch owns Wagner. After the shit with the Turks in the last month attacking the Kurds, these Russians assumed two things: 1. The facility was lightly guarded because main body of Kurds was moved North to stop the Turks (which is what survivors of the attack got caught repeating on radios)  2. That the US, since it didn't stop the Turks attacking the Kurds, wouldn't stop the Russian mercs attacking the Kurds in Deir al-Zor province. Those two assumptions were grossly wrong.

We know they have intelligence apparatus in Syria, but how well do we know it works? How well do we know that intelligence is being controlled, analyzed, or disseminated. The Russians have always had a problem hoarding info, its a key part of all authoritarian govt to covet and hold tight onto information, because knowledge is power. What if this incident was nothing more than one of the Oligarchs coming up with a get rich quick scheme, selling it to Putin that nothing will happen, blah blah blah, and Putin, based off the last decade not realizing fully that things have changed? Or add another complexity, what if Putin wanted the attack to go forward without air support knowing they'd likely encounter the US but he just wanted to see how we'd react? Maybe it was Putin who insisted no jets but otherwise he'd allow it.

Does anyone really think Putin or anyone else involved in planning that abortion thought we'd react the way we did? There hasn't been such a show of force done by the US in quite a long time. OIF was supposed to be a large scale show of force, but the occupation blew up in Bush's face. Obama did fuck all for shows of force, he was a eunuch when it came to being commander-in-chief. But Trump, Mattis, they know. And they crafted a nice giant fuck you to Putin and instead of maybe firing a couple warning shots like Putin might have thought we'd do, we took them all out, back to front, we cut off their primary escape route, and went to work trying to kill as many on the East bank as we could over a number of hours involving what appears to be at least a dozen or more sorties from up to five or more completely different type of aircraft, plus arty support. Aka, the fire support package dudes in Afghanistan could only dream about getting.
Could it be possible that they either didn't think or didn't know US forces were present at that location at that time until we called the Russians to ask if it was them coming.  Russians go "OH shit"  "No not us" and left those guys go and get fucked up rather than turning them around which would prove that they, were in fact, Russian and blow a part the cover of no Russian forces participating on the ground in that fashion?
Possibly. I doubt they knew we were there in force if they were going to launch a legit attack. What elements we did have, bet no more than company strength or less attached to local Kurdish brigade. The part Russians really fucked up is not realizing they weren't the only ones massing forces for that operation. We evidently saw it coming, caught them massing, caught them building their bridge, were 100% ready and waiting for them to cross and attack before fully authorized and highly planned response went active.

This op reeks of good idea fairy tossing out the "can't possibly fail" plan to Putin who nixed air support but authorized it because he competely underestimated how we'd respond. Or maybe he did suspect and did it anyway just to see how we'd respond. Either way he couldn't have had a good weekend, i bet he's pretty pissed off right now and heads are rolling. Great 2018 Deir Ezzor Turkey Shoot is going to be remembered, very dark mark for Putin who is very conscious of popular support.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 11:23:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
THIs, does one FAC get bombs 1-8, next 9-19 and so on?or what?

Im just shuddering at the cost of a strike like that? those b52's must have been up there for HOURS with some serious loads prior to bombing, ok i get that but did they need to use JDAM's?wouldnt conventional have been just as effective?(if they were about to expire like the MOAB i guess it was ok).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Combined arms like a motherfucker.

I wonder how we generated targeting for the JDAMs in real time like that. That's pretty awesome, I though they needed a while.

Im just shuddering at the cost of a strike like that? those b52's must have been up there for HOURS with some serious loads prior to bombing, ok i get that but did they need to use JDAM's?wouldnt conventional have been just as effective?(if they were about to expire like the MOAB i guess it was ok).
Jdam is an add on kit to old dumb iron bombs. They could have been vietnam era mk82 with a ins/gps/laser jdam kit strapped on.  Still not cheap but its not like they are TLAMs or something.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 11:27:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Fascinating thread
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 11:29:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Jdam is an add on kit to old dumb iron bombs. They could have been vietnam era mk82 with a ins/gps/laser jdam kit strapped on.  Still not cheap but its not like they are TLAMs or something.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wonder how we generated targeting for the JDAMs in real time like that. That's pretty awesome, I though they needed a while.

I'm no expert but my understanding is new JDAM have laser guided capabilities. Most attack aircraft have sniper pods, with no ADA threat it was a turkey shoot.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 11:55:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

How is putting our servicemen and women into harms way for another banker's war/military conflict/military engagement of any benefit to our country as a whole? Answer, it isn't. It is all about their globalist view and agenda. We should not be entangling ourselves into areas we have no business being in. That is a fact.
View Quote
I’m down to kill Russians.
No such thing as a bad reason to kill commie scum and their stupid minions.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 12:02:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The objective may have not been "destroy the bridge". Sometimes it is beneficial to leave routes of egress intact.

I wasn't there, but from everything I am reading online there WAS a major destruction of a de facto Russian fighting force that was attempting to sieze land and means of oil production in violation of the treaty.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've no doubt that asses were kicked that day, but something about this retelling smacks of creative license.

Practically every combat aircraft we have making its own cameo appearance, like characters in the intro to a fighting game?

All that airpower wasn't able to destroy a shitty bridge, they needed mother nature's help?  Somehow even that didn't wipe out this force, they were still able to cross a now flooded river that was powerful enough to destroy a bridge?

Maybe I'm just overly skeptical but this sounds a lot like a fiction writer's imagination of what could be rather than what actually happened.  Hope I'm wrong cuz it definitely gets the 'murica boner up.
The objective may have not been "destroy the bridge". Sometimes it is beneficial to leave routes of egress intact.

I wasn't there, but from everything I am reading online there WAS a major destruction of a de facto Russian fighting force that was attempting to sieze land and means of oil production in violation of the treaty.
That last part seems pretty clear. When even Russia has to sheepishly admit that their citizens were part of that schwacking (despite their attempt to downplay the #'s) it's pretty clear that asses got kicked.

I guess something about the way it was presented in the OP just sounded like something a mil sci-fi writer would write.

I wonder if the manpad threat increases if there's a 'next time'.  I'm guessing there won't be as many russian mercs willing to go through a repeat of that without changing up the game plan a bit.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 12:08:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm no expert but my understanding is new JDAM have laser guided capabilities. Most attack aircraft have sniper pods, with no ADA threat it was a turkey shoot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think the laser JDAM went IOC in 07 or 08. I think it's still just an add on kit to iron bombs though.  I think someone suggested reapers doing the designating. Seems like the only way you could dynamically target lots of jdams being shat out of a buff 5 miles up.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 12:10:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Different guy. The Wagner guy is Dmitriy Utkin, he's listed as the "owner" and CEO of the outfit, the name Wagner is from his radio call sign as he supposedly has an infatuation with the German Wehrmacht/Third Reich. The oligarch is Yevgeny Prigozhin.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Here's my problem with this whole thing:

What military commander in 2018 organizes 2 Battalion-sized battle groups, including dozens of armored vehicles, artillery, and men.....

.....without any airpower, then say....sends them against the most capable Combined Forces Empire in the world?

I mean, we have F-22As eagerly searching the sky looking to turn anything that flies into scrap metal, with F-15Es, AC-130s, AH-64Ds, Reapers, and freaking B-52s-all loaded with decades-proven precision guided munitions, running racetracks waiting to unleash hell.

Who would purposely send hundreds of men to their deaths like this, and for what reason?

We can rule military victory out right off the bat, unless we're dealing with pure idiots.

Think about the nationality of the Russian volunteers.  These were guys from Donbass in Ukraine-exendable it seems.

So who would send battalions of Donbass volunteers and Syrian Army counterparts into a death trap like that?

It doesn't help Putin at all.  They already know our response times from watching us wage war for the past 17 years.

They know how long it takes for our aircraft to get from forward-deployed bases to any TIC in CENTCOM better than a lot of our own moron air planners.

They already know what our PGM capabilities are.

Something is fishy about this whole thing.

Internally, Russians are suspecting someone trying to sabotage Putin's chances in this year's Russian presidential elections.

That someone would have to have high-level military authority to organize something like this.
Alternative theory: Putin got used to the US blinking in Georgia, the Ukraine, and Syria under Obama, and figured that for all his bluster, Trump would be more of the same.  
Still doesn't satisfy why they weren't supported with air assets.

For that type of operation, they should normally have Su-24 Fencers to go in and soften the area, followed by Su-25 light attack aircraft for CAS, followed by HIND-E and HAVOC gunships, then artillery.  They could have used Syrian Air Force to do this with Russian advisors and intel cells providing C3 and targeting, airspace management, coordination, and echelons of fire.

It's not like they weren't afraid to fire on US forces, because they certainly fired artillery on our SF and Kurdish allies.

It looks like these guys were sent to slaughter.
One of the latest stories is that the Russians were there to retake an oil field and facility for the Syrians, at which point one of the Oligarchs was going to get a pay out, and that oligarch owns Wagner. After the shit with the Turks in the last month attacking the Kurds, these Russians assumed two things: 1. The facility was lightly guarded because main body of Kurds was moved to stop the Turks (which is what survivors of the attack got caught repeating on radios)  2. That the US, since it didn't stop the Turks attacking the Kurds, wouldn't stop the Russian mercs attacking the Kurds. Those two assumptions were grossly wrong.

We know they have intelligence apparatus in Syria, but how well do we know it works? What if this was nothing more than one of the Oligarchs coming up with a get rich quick scheme, selling it to Putin that nothing will happen, blah blah blah, and Putin, based off the last decade not realizing fully that things have changed? Or add another complexity, what if Putin wanted the attack to go forward without air support knowing they'd likely encounter the US but he just wanted to see how we'd react?

Does anyone really think Putin or anyone else involved in planning that abortion that we'd react the way we did? There hasn't been such a show of force done by the US in quite a long time. OIF was supposed to be a large scale show of force, but the occupation blew up in Bush's face. Obama did fuck all for shows of force, he was a unique when it came to being commander-in-chief. But Trump, Mattis, they know. And they crafted a nice giant fuck you to Putin and instead of maybe firing a couple warning shots like Putin might have thought we'd do, we took them all out, back to front, we cut off their primary escape route, and went to work trying to kill as many on the East bank as we could over a number of hours involving what appears to be at least a dozen or more sorties from up to five completely different type of aircraft, plus arty support. Aka, the support package dudes in Afghanistan could only dream about getting.
I can buy that they were tasked to go take the oil fields in the Kurdish-controlled territory.

I have a hard time buying that an Oligarch wanted control of the fields (even though Russia has more oil than it knows what to do with).

We do know that Assad wants control of the fields, but would he have the Russians send in a Donbass volunteer battle group to do it?

The Russians also have satellite and radar networks that provide a very big picture of the AOR, so it isn't like they don't know about F-15E, B-52, AH-64D, and other aircraft movements.

You would have to be really stupid to walk into that mess.  Maybe it was a big trap, but are we really looking to escalate things there with Russia as part of WH policy?
One article I read today said the Oligarch was promised 25% of total yield by Assad in exchange for getting it. Considering those fields past output, that's a shit ton of cash when the only cost is small number of casualties because dude thinks the Kurds aren't home and that the US is nutless.
That oligarch is Wagner, is it not? He also holds the contract for food service to the kremlin. Correct me if I'm wrong, I've been skimming through multiple articles rather quickly.
Different guy. The Wagner guy is Dmitriy Utkin, he's listed as the "owner" and CEO of the outfit, the name Wagner is from his radio call sign as he supposedly has an infatuation with the German Wehrmacht/Third Reich. The oligarch is Yevgeny Prigozhin.
Oh, look who's hanging out with Putin. Mr "Wagner". Far right.

Link Posted: 2/20/2018 12:10:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you a libertarian, or are you a part of the FSB troll farm?

Quoted:

Lol @ "banker's war". Classic.

Pretty sure we got another live one on our hands.

Quoted:
But deciding where "we have no business being" is strictly a matter of opinion and choice.

The problem with isolationism is that, while one can try to pull away from the rest of the world, the rest of the world will not reciprocate. The problem with interventionism is that we don't have the resources to BE "the entire world." We have to live somewhere in between.

Are you ok with Iran solidifying their hegemony across the Middle East from the Persian Gulf to the Mediterranean?

That's the power base that the alternate oil pipelines supports in your map.

You should think these things through before knee-jerking.

Banksters may be banksters, but that doesn't change radical Shia Iran and their conquest of the ME.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 12:14:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 12:15:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Many of the munitions don't need JTAC observed.  Other surveillance assets can provide targeting and BDA for them.

Link Posted: 2/20/2018 12:23:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I think the laser JDAM went IOC in 07 or 08. I think it's still just an add on kit to iron bombs though.  I think someone suggested reapers doing the designating. Seems like the only way you could dynamically target lots of jdams being shat out of a buff 5 miles up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aren't the BUFFs using Sniper pods now?
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 12:36:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

...Russia was invited by Syria to help Syria defeat ISIS/rebels that were being supported by the west and trying to overthrow another democratically elected leader. ...

View Quote
Tells other people to read more because they don't know what they're talking about, says Syria had a democratically elected government. Further proof that zero hedge will rot your brain.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 12:44:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Its Wednesday at the Pentagon. Trump is out of town. Late afternoon Mattis and others are hanging around in War Room. Him, Dunford, other Chiefs, probably Kelly was invited. Shitload of brass, the type of environment where full bird colonels are fetching coffee. They're watching real time as Russian mercs make a zero dark thirty crossing of the Euphrates to try to kill our boys. Russians think they're sneaky, but at this point we know their entire force composition and have sufficient assets in place to hurt them badly.

Mattis and others aren't micromanaging, just watching.  Local commanders given full autonomy to act under commander's intent, do what is necessary to defend yourselves, and make an example.

The arty starts, the airstrikes. At first its quiet, somber in the War Room. As time passes small discussions start as they all make observations,  discuss things they're seeing. Likely few men in the room have ever witnessed anything like the attack live. It would be immensely impressive to watch free time.

This is Mattis' magnus opus. Well maybe not his masterpiece, maybe that is still to come, but this is definitely his victory. Leftist judges aren't allowing him to unfuck the chicks and trannies yet, and he's still stuck with a bunch of perfume princes Obama appointees like Milley who have another year left before he can replace them with individuals more competent and trustworthy. But in the mean time, US forces in Syria, having already beaten the shit out of ISIS, are now finally, first time since Cold War started in 1947, slaying Russians. Oh joy. We're finally killing these fucks and we're going to get away with it because Mattis played it smart, because Mattis plays it cool as ice, having the utmost confidence of his boss, even having respect from the Left, he is free handed to orchestrate this fight like some sevant conductor of a philharmonic.

Realistically, and I think we all should accept this, there doesn't really exist any other human being alive better suited to hold the position he currently does. He is a man exactly where he needs to be. Thats some cosmic awesomeness.

I'm sure after a while as more Russians died the War Room conversions started, chatter only occasionally interrupted by a random interesting explosions that refocuses attention to screens. Laughter would be heard, as our nation's top warrior chieftains would no doubt enjoy the killing of our enemies. This is what winning looks like.

And I bet if you or I were close enough to Mattis we'd hear him audibly but quietly quoting Thucydides, maybe something about Alciabates in Sicily. He'd have a smile because he knows at this moment he is truly Imperator, the conquering general, the War Lord of America.

I fucking love Mattis and it pains me to know he will not always have that job.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 12:47:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:See, someone needs to do more research and reading. Looks like you have a long way to go to catch up to speed.
View Quote
Anyone that has read much understands that most of what is written is garbage. Therefore the advice above generally sucks. If you want to offer up what you believe is very good peer reviewed research on this subject, I'm ready to track down a few hundred footnotes. Otherwise it's a waste of time.

Most of the militant "anti-bankster" crap written out there is based on general ignorance or blatant jew-hating. OMFG, the bankers are profiting on a war, they must cause them all!!! Newsflash: banks loan money, hence they profit on EVERYTHING that happens in an economy. Literally everything that an economy does, legal or illegal. The banks literally profit off of crack sales...off prostitution...off prisons...off apples....off long johns....off everything. You know how the courts like to say that pretty much everything is "interstate commerce"? Well, when it comes to banking profit, everything is commerce and the banks profit from ALL of it. When a government offers up a bunch of contracts for mil hardware, the banks profit. When the war economy slows and businesses invest in non-war-related stuff, guess what? That's right, the banks profit off that too. It matters not what is being invested in or when, the banks profit because they facilitate, and earn $ from, ALL economic activity. Is this a reason to blame the banks for every single war in history? Hardly, and doing so makes people look like tards. If you polled really powerful bank people, you'd find most of them to be relatively liberal, but not socialists/communists and the interventionist (I'll abstain for using "neocon" as it's a known code word for "Jew I don't like") community is, lets just say, "underrepresented" in that group.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 12:55:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Tells other people to read more because they don't know what they're talking about, says Syria had a democratically elected government. Further proof that zero hedge will rot your brain.
View Quote
Prove to me Syria didn't have democratically elected government. But please do most more of those MSM sources and CIA backed journalist that will tout until they are blue in their face that al-Assad is a bad bad man and that he stole the election. Yes, please post some of those sauces.

What do you have against ZH. Better than any BS MSNBC/CBS/CNN/Huffington Post BS that you might read.

You didn't like the little graphic I posted, well how about some of these:

It is common knowledge that the Saudi's/Qatar/Turkey/Israel/USA are behind one pipeline that they want to run through Syria and Syria/Russia/Iran want a different pipeline.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 1:01:03 AM EDT
[#19]
Existence of competing pipeline plans if proof of nothing. If the Banksters control EVERYTHING they would have got Keystone approved in USA on Day 1, not Day 2564675234846. We probably have preferences for all kinds of things in all kinds of countries, it's hardly proof of a grand conspiracy by people that are simultaneously all powerful and yet take forever to get things done.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 1:03:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Prove to me Syria didn't have democratically elected government. But please do most more of those MSM sources and CIA backed journalist that will tout until they are blue in their face that al-Assad is a bad bad man and that he stole the election. Yes, please post some of those sauces.

What do you have against ZH. Better than any BS MSNBC/CBS/CNN/Huffington Post BS that you might read.

http://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/094d5929f2a7da0ec47855659dcc8df8

http://www.aina.org/images/20141026211057.png

http://www.nakedcapitalism.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Syria_pipeline_war_980x.jpg

It is common knowledge that the Saudi's/Qatar/Turkey/Israel/USA are behind one pipeline that they want to run through Syria and Syria/Russia/Iran want a different pipeline.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.nakedcapitalism.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Syria_pipeline_war_980x.jpg

Prove to you that Bashar Assad, son of Hafez Assad, Arab National Socialists of the Ba'ath Party and dictator of Syria since daddy seized power in 1971, wasn't democratically elected?

You know as much about banking and international relations as you do Syrian history. ROFL
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 1:07:59 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Are you ok with Iran solidifying their hegemony across the Middle East from the Persian Gulf to the Mediterranean?

That's the power base that the alternate oil pipelines supports in your map.

You should think these things through before knee-jerking.

Banksters may be banksters, but that doesn't change radical Shia Iran and their conquest of the ME.
View Quote
I don't care what goes on in Iran. Let Israel, the Arab League or someone else in the region deal with it.

Instead of knee jerking into another regional conflict that we have no legal grounds to be in or involved in (Syria), maybe we should focus more on the issues we have here within our own country instead of trying to spread globalist across the world. You know, kinda like what our POTUS ran on. You know, "the false song of globalism" that Trump believes in. Or how about that we won't get involved in foreign military conflicts unless absolutely necessary? “I will never send our finest into battle unless necessary, and I mean absolutely necessary, and will only do so if we have a plan for victory with a capital V,” he thundered. “The world must know that we do not go abroad in search of enemies.” You know, the anti-globalist, MAGA, pro-Nationalist, pro-isolationist platform that Trump ran successfully on during the election. You know, focus on MAGA and fix the issues we have here at home rather than get involved in foreign prolonged military conflict that serves no purpose.

Or you know, the same POTUS that said his administration will not get involved in Syria’s civil war in any way and was in strong opposition to the comments that VP candidate Pence made in a debate about Syria. How quickly you guys forget what Trump's platform has been regarding Syria and foreign military conflict. I see we have a bunch of neocon war hawks that support McCain, Graham, Rubio and HRC on here. Disappointing.

Link Posted: 2/20/2018 1:09:06 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
There were zero multiple party elections after the coup in 1963. In what world could that possibly count as democratically electing a government?

Zero hedge is garbage Russian propaganda.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 1:12:25 AM EDT
[#23]
RE the Bridge:

IIRC I think the video posted in this thread contradicts the timeframe of Ringo.

Ringo is stating the bridge was flooded out after the decimated op and they had to pack their wounded back wet.

However, I think the video stated the bridge was flooded out by the Kurds some time before the op.

This to me sounds like a more plausible scenario..... US Intel sees a force buildup on the west side of the river and wants to send the message "don't" to the Russians.  The US can't attack the bridge personally, a bridge built by Russians, with Russian materials, with press releases floating around Russia showing off their beautiful bridge.

Instead they call up the Kurds and tell them to turn up the water for a while and blow out the bridge... message sent.

The Russians then rebuild the bridge and say screw it... full steam ahead.... black gold.. Texas Tee... here we come.

It would make sense the bridge has stayed up since then to provide for a retreat.... as someone stated earlier, we didn't want surrenders or POW's.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 1:18:15 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

[Babble deleted]
View Quote
Is "z" the new underscore?
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 1:18:52 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:I don't care what goes on in Iran. Let Israel, the Arab League or someone else in the region deal with it.
View Quote
This kind of isolationist naivete SHOULD have gone out of style after WWII (I don't care what happens in Europe!) reminded everyone on the planet how stupid it is to ignore everything going on outside your own borders...but for those that 'missed it', 9/11 (I don't care what happens in Afghanistan!) was another reminder. We can debate all day how we should engage the rest of the world, but disengagement is a foolish policy that has been proven to lead to EPIC fail multiple times. Completely debunked ideology that has no chance of succeeding ever...under any circumstances. Other than that it's great.

We should very VERY much care about what is happening in Iran. It doesn't mean that we necessarily invade them or anyone else...and I'm not sure why you can't separate the two.

As far as Trump goes, he said during the whole campaign that he wanted to kill ISIS and that is what he has been attempting to do. They happen (at this point) to be in Syria. He's not dropping the 82nd airborne into the suburbs of Damascus and bayoneting Republican Guardsman and changing regimes or anything. Obama seemed to have got MUCH closer to that than Trump has been.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 1:19:24 AM EDT
[#26]
Wow, still can't believe how many willful Russian puppets GD has
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 1:21:59 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
Wow, can't believe how many neocon/neoliberal/globalist shills we have in GD. Same members that supports the agenda being driven by the likes of HRC, McCain, Graham, Rubio, Obama, Pelosi, Kaine. What a bunch of sheep we have here hiding behind being patriots.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 1:25:45 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Wow, can't believe how many neocon/neoliberal/globalist shills we have in GD. Same members that supports the agenda being driven by the likes of HRC, McCain, Graham, Rubio, Obama, Pelosi, Kaine. What a bunch of sheep we have here hiding behind being patriots.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry your boy Putin lost!
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 1:27:28 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I don't care what goes on in Iran. Let Israel, the Arab League or someone else in the region deal with it.

Instead of knee jerking into another regional conflict that we have no legal grounds to be in or involved in (Syria), maybe we should focus more on the issues we have here within our own country instead of trying to spread globalist across the world. You know, kinda like what our POTUS ran on. You know, "the false song of globalism" that Trump believes in. Or how about that we won't get involved in foreign military conflicts unless absolutely necessary? “I will never send our finest into battle unless necessary, and I mean absolutely necessary, and will only do so if we have a plan for victory with a capital V,” he thundered. “The world must know that we do not go abroad in search of enemies.” You know, the anti-globalist, MAGA, pro-Nationalist, pro-isolationist platform that Trump ran successfully on during the election. You know, focus on MAGA and fix the issues we have here at home rather than get involved in foreign prolonged military conflict that serves no purpose.

Or you know, the same POTUS that said his administration will not get involved in Syria’s civil war in any way and was in strong opposition to the comments that VP candidate Pence made in a debate about Syria. How quickly you guys forget what Trump's platform has been regarding Syria and foreign military conflict. I see we have a bunch of neocon war hawks that support McCain, Graham, Rubio and HRC on here. Disappointing.

https://i.imgur.com/wM19Lb4.png

https://i.imgur.com/Y9dprLJ.png

https://i.imgur.com/laVBf8W.png
View Quote
Put it this way. If Trump tweeted those things then changed his mind, either the bankers got to him or he realized what your isolationist mind can't fathom, that if the US leaves Syria, others will fill the vacuum, and if we leave the Middle East, not only do others fill the vacuum, but say bye bye to our currency. And if that happens, I'd Trump listened tob your suicidal recommendations, once the dollar is destroyed then its going to be you, your tapco'd SKS, your tattered copy of Turner Diaries, realizing your ignorance of economics and geopolitics sunk the nation and no more diabetes meds or internet porn on demand.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 1:28:29 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Its Wednesday at the Pentagon. Trump is out of town. Late afternoon Mattis and others are hanging around in War Room. Him, Dunford, other Chiefs, probably Kelly was invited. Shitload of brass, the type of environment where full bird colonels are fetching coffee. They're watching real time as Russian mercs make a zero dark thirty crossing of the Euphrates to try to kill our boys. Russians think they're sneaky, but at this point we know their entire force composition and have sufficient assets in place to hurt them badly.

Mattis and others aren't micromanaging, just watching.  Local commanders given full autonomy to act under commander's intent, do what is necessary to defend yourselves, and make an example.

The arty starts, the airstrikes. At first its quiet, somber in the War Room. As time passes small discussions start as they all make observations,  discuss things they're seeing. Likely few men in the room have ever witnessed anything like the attack live. It would be immensely impressive to watch free time.

This is Mattis' magnus opus. Well maybe not his masterpiece, maybe that is still to come, but this is definitely his victory. Leftist judges aren't allowing him to unfuck the chicks and trannies yet, and he's still stuck with a bunch of perfume princes Obama appointees like Milley who have another year left before he can replace them with individuals more competent and trustworthy. But in the mean time, US forces in Syria, having already beaten the shit out of ISIS, are now finally, first time since Cold War started in 1947, slaying Russians. Oh joy. We're finally killing these fucks and we're going to get away with it because Mattis played it smart, because Mattis plays it cool as ice, having the utmost confidence of his boss, even having respect from the Left, he is free handed to orchestrate this fight like some sevant conductor of a philharmonic.

Realistically, and I think we all should accept this, there doesn't really exist any other human being alive better suited to hold the position he currently does. He is a man exactly where he needs to be. Thats some cosmic awesomeness.

I'm sure after a while as more Russians died the War Room conversions started, chatter only occasionally interrupted by a random interesting explosions that refocuses attention to screens. Laughter would be heard, as our nation's top warrior chieftains would no doubt enjoy the killing of our enemies. This is what winning looks like.

And I bet if you or I were close enough to Mattis we'd hear him audibly but quietly quoting Thucydides, maybe something about Alciabates in Sicily. He'd have a smile because he knows at this moment he is truly Imperator, the conquering general, the War Lord of America.

View Quote

McMaster is another man exactly where he needs to be.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 1:28:36 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But he's democratically elected! And banks, Grrrrrrrr!
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 1:29:38 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
My boy is Donald J Trump. Sorry your girl Hillary lost. Better luck next time.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 1:30:06 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
It is annoying.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 1:30:57 AM EDT
[#34]
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/anonymous-2/assads-sham-election_b_9611636.html

"In 2014, Assad did not win an election.

If political opponents of Assad would be sent to jail for saying the sieges or barrel bombs are a war crime, then the electoral process was rigged to shut out Assad’s real opponents.

Supporters of Assad, whether they are powerful nations such as Russia and Iran, or individuals, invariably rely on the 2014 Presidential “elections” in Syria as the cornerstone of the regime’s legitimacy. Assad himself often points to these “elections” to buttress his claim as the country’s rightful, legitimate leader.

But the truth is that, like all previous elections under the Assad family’s control, the 2014 “elections” and Assad’s “victory” were rigged and illegitimate.

The way the regime rigs elections is not in the ultimate count. It is the process — from eligibility to campaign restrictions — that is rigged. The process is intentionally designed to be Byzantine in its complexity so that questioning the process is exhausting and arid. But unfortunately it is difficult to understand the extent to which the process in 2014 was a farce without delving into details. These details will probably bore most readers. Indeed, journalists that have interviewed Assad seem to not even know about them. And that is precisely what the regime desires: to deflect all attention from the totally undemocratic nature of the whole election by layering it with Byzantine complexity. This permits the regime to focus only on the (pre-determined) outcome of Assad’s victory.

The commencement of this maze is the Syrian Constitution, which requires that a proposed candidate for the Syrian Presidency must secure the support of 15% of the members of Parliament: Syrian Constitution, article 85(3).

It may sound relatively easy.

However, the Syrian Parliament is stacked by the President himself through a maze of constitutional and legislative barriers, appointments and prohibitions.

To start with, the Syrian Constitution reserves more than 50% of Parliamentary seats for persons who are deemed independent of party affiliation and are “of labor and farmers“: Constitution, article 60(2) and the Elections Law, article 19.

Who determines whether a person is of “labor“ or “farmer“? Assad appointees. It is done through committees appointed by a Commission. The Commission’s members are appointed for the task by the President or the Provincial Governor, an appointee of the President: Elections Law, article 13. If a Committee rules that a potential candidate is not of “labor“ or “farmer“ then the only avenue to appeal leads to another committee appointed by Assad (and which can be dismissed by Assad).

Of course, there is no independent judiciary in Syria; Assad is the head of the Supreme Judicial Committee, which oversees functioning of the judiciary: Constitution, articles 132, 133. Even the judges of the Supreme Constitutional Court, Syria’s highest court, do not have tenure: Constitution, article 143.

The result is that Assad will always have, and has always had, a majority of the seats in Parliament.

Another advantage of having more than 50% of members of Parliament allocated to representatives “labor“ or “farmers“ is that such members are not members of a political party. They must therefore withstand the pressures of the executive branch, the Ba’ath Party and Assad’s ruthless and brutal security services as lone individuals.

The “non-reserved” seats in Parliament can be contested by individuals and political parties. But a raft of laws makes it impossible for any real democratic will to be expressed.

For political parties to even remain legally registered, the party must abide by Syrian laws: Parties Law, article 31. That’s not unreasonable in a democratic environment. But in Syria, the purpose of this law is to crush criticism. It works like this: in Syria it is a criminal offense to make statements that “weaken national sentiment”: Syrian Penal Code, section 307. This is one of the “catch-all crimes” that stifle any criticism of Assad. Thus, it would be an offense in Syria if an Assad rival, or any Syrian, says that the siege of Madaya was a war crime. It would be political suicide, and likely actual suicide, to say that Assad, as Commander-in-Chief ordering the siege, was committing war crimes. Similarly, to say that Assad has destroyed the country would be an offense. Such statements would also result in de-registration of the candidate or the political party (and it would also land a candidate person in the torture chambers of Assad’s notorious secret services).

The consequence of all the above is that, throughout the 2012 Parliamentary election, not a single candidate or political party criticized Assad’s policies or destruction of the country. As if not a single Syrian thinks the tragedy of Syria is Assad’s fault. Not one. Needless to say, there are more than 4 million Syrian refugees that would think so. But nevertheless, not one candidate uttered that Syria had become a hereditary dictatorship instead of a republic, though so many Syrians hold this view.

After the 2012 Parliamentary elections no member of the Parliament has ever criticized Assad’s policies or destruction of the country or his sieges and starvation of Syrian civilians. A handful of Parliamentarians elected in 2012, such as Ikhlas al-Badawi, fled Syria because they felt Assad had destroyed the country. But not one criticized Assad from within Parliament or even from within Syria.

Another way in which all political debate is controlled is the Media Law, which prohibits media organizations raising issues that concern the Presidency (i.e., Assad): Media Law, article 26. And it is noteworthy that, since the outbreak of the crisis in March 2011, there has not been one analyst or one news article on Syrian television critical of Assad’s. Not one.

There are many similar provisions. The Media Law does not permit a media outlet to use information on military operations, which is inconsistent with the information from the Ministry of Defence: Media Law, article 26. Since Assad denies even using barrel bombs, Syrian media outlets would be committing criminal offenses if they ran stories in which opposition political parties criticized civilian casualties from Assad’s barrel-bomb attacks.

Another constraint on possible rivals to Assad is that a candidate must have resided in Syria for the preceding 10 years: Constitution, article 84(5). Just another law to ensure that well respected opposition figures such as Moaz Khatib had no possibility of being nominated. Ironically, had that law been passed at any time prior to 2010, Bashar Assad would not have been entitled to be Syrian President, since Bashar had lived in London until his older brother and the heir apparent to the Assad throne was killed in a car crash. But I overlook that the Syrian Constitution was amended overnight to reduce the Constitutional minimum age from 40 years to 34 years so that Bashar could assume the throne.

So that is the background and nature of the Parliament, which in 2014 had the sacred honor and duty of nominating candidates for President. The overwhelming majority of members of Parliament nominated Assad. For the sake of appearances, two other candidates were also nominated. One of those nominees had been appointed by Assad as a Minister. Neither candidate had ever publicly criticized Assad prior to, or after, their nomination. These were to be Assad’s rivals.

During the “Presidential campaign,” there were no televised debates. There was no criticism by Assad’s “opponents” of the unbelievable destruction wrought on Syria by Assad. Assad’s rivals did not criticize sieges and starvation of Syrian civilians by the army. Indeed, Assad’s opponents affirmed that Assad’s conduct of the war was the correct policy. At times Assad’s “opponents” even spoke of his wise handling of the crisis.

When it came time for voting, the regime’s “democracy number crunchers” realized that the voting intentions of the 3.5+ million Syrian refugees could not be controlled. If the refugees could afford to put aside their daily trials, they could turn up to Syrian embassies in Lebanon and Jordan and lodge a protest vote of some sort. That would not look good. So another law was passed. This law provided that refugees who had departed Syria at checkpoints not controlled by the regime were not eligible to vote. Most refugees who escape Syria other than through official crossings are fleeing Assad and are vehemently anti-Assad. So that took care of that segment of the population.

And if all of the above is not enough, there is always the secret service (the mukhabarat) that will torture to death any Syrian that criticizes Assad.

To the surprise of nobody, Assad then “won” the 2014 Presidential election — and Syria lost again. "
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 1:32:16 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
My boy is Donald J Trump PUTIN. Sorry my girl Hillary lost too. I better schill better next time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My boy is Donald J Trump PUTIN. Sorry my girl Hillary lost too. I better schill better next time.
FIFY
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 1:34:35 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
It is annoying.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It is annoying.
I wish cheerleading for a hostile country was an automatic ban.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 1:35:57 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Is "z" the new underscore?
View Quote
Didn't we have a couple other Russian shills with a Z in place of an S in their username?
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 1:36:24 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I followed him with interest for years, read his book, was very happy initially to find him as NSA. But all that bad press accusing him being part of globalist cabal, I don't know what to believe. I hope it's bullshit, or if it's true it doesn't affect his job which doesn't involve actual domestic agenda. I'd like to believe he's a good one. He definitely is another brilliant military mind, I'd love for him to replace Milley, let the Army finally get someone who isn't a horse's ass running it.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 1:36:57 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are. I guess I'm not familiar enough with sniper to know if one unit can simultaneously target the number of JDAM that an arclight style strike suggests.  That's why I was thinking multiple drones or Jtac, or mud hens I guess, pretty much all tactical jets are hanging sniper these days.  In my head you have to lase a target until impact, but it's possible I would think that if the target is stationary, the seeker could memorize the lased location and the designator could rapidly cycle targets/weapons during the flight of the JDAM. I don't know.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 1:37:41 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It is annoying.
I've been accused of it here on multiple occasions.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 1:38:30 AM EDT
[#41]
https://www.voanews.com/a/syria-assad-election/3276726.html

There won’t be much need to stay up late to find out the results of the April 13 parliamentary elections in Syria as the outcome is a foregone conclusion, say opposition politicians and independent election experts, who dub next week’s wartime poll a PR stunt.

The elections being held next week in Syria — or at least in government-controlled areas — won’t be nail-biters, they say, and will see the ruling Arab Socialist Ba’ath Party of President Bashar al-Assad and its political allies storm to inevitable victory, thanks to a careful selection of candidates and the fact that the polls will only be held in regime-controlled districts.

French President Francois Hollande has dubbed the elections “provocative" and “totally unrealistic.”

And the main Western-backed political opposition to Assad, the Syrian National Coalition (SNC), has called on Syrians in areas where they can vote, to boycott the polls, arguing the country’s five-year-long civil war won’t be ended “through unilateral projects” but only by a negotiated political transition involving all Syrians.

SNC officials argue the election is an effort by Assad to project a political legitimacy he doesn’t have — part of a bid to rehabilitate his regime in the eyes of the international community.

Lots of candidates = free elections?

Just before the cessation of hostilities was negotiated in February, President Assad announced his intention to hold parliamentary elections on April 13, issuing a decree for polls to be held for the country’s 250-member legislature, known as the People’s Council, whose members are elected for a four-year term.

In the last few days in regime-held areas - especially in the capital Damascus - streets have been plastered with campaign posters by the almost 12,000 candidates competing for seats. President Assad has pointed to the “unprecedented” number of candidates as evidence that the elections are anything but a sham.

Ba’ath party official Wael al-Imam argues it demonstrates Syrians “believe in democracy and will use the chance to make their voices heard in a free manner.”

But independent election experts say there is little free or fair about these elections. “It would not be in line with any international standards,” says Vladimir Pran, a consultant for the International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES), a Washington-based non-profit that provides technical assistance for elections in new and emerging democracies. IFES frequently partners with the United Nations to organize post-conflict elections.

“No one in the international community will recognize the April polls,” he told VOA when Assad announced his intention to hold the polls.

Candidate screening, other hurdles

Next week’s polls will be the third time the regime has held elections since the uprising against Assad erupted.

In 2012, the country held parliamentary elections, and in 2014, there was a presidential poll. The 2012 vote was the first since the ruling Ba’ath Party came to power in 1972 that allowed non-Ba’athist candidates to run - a reform highlighted by the regime, which said the introduction of a multi-party contest was an historic step.

But candidates still had to go through a careful screening process to be eligible to stand.

The same is the case with next week’s polls.

Half of Syria’s parliamentary seats are reserved for laborers and farmers who have no party affiliation. Various committees whose members are appointed by either Assad himself or provincial governors, determine who is a non-affiliated farmer or laborer.

Candidates also have to jump through other hurdles to get on the ballot paper, further undermining the democratic nature of Syrian polls, say Assad opponents.

In addition, the Ba’ath party and political allies benefit from a block vote system used in Syrian elections, says Pran and other election experts.

Several seats are assigned to each constituency. Under Syria’s current law, the voter has up to as many votes as seats available and the candidates with the highest vote totals win the seats.

This gives an advantage to the more developed and established parties - in Syria’s case, the Ba’ath party. Even in a free and fair election environment, the block vote system works against the opposition if it is fragmented, as it is in Syria, and gives the party that has even a slight lead in the popular vote an overwhelming number of seats.

Presidential election?

In 2012 most of the 250 parliamentarians elected were Assad supporters, either Ba’ath members or of groups aligned with the ruling party. In that election the Ba'ath party and its allies won 168 seats in the 250-seat legislature. The opposition received just six seats with the remainder going to non-partisan farmers and laborers, most considered regime placemen.

But as in 2012 and 2014, the regime will likely point to next week’s polls as evidence of the legitimacy of Assad’s rule. In the brief election campaign that has been allowed in the run-up to next week’s polls, no major criticism of Assad has been launched by the candidates vying for to secure a seat, say political activists.

That is hardly surprising. To do so would risk arrest. Under Syria’s penal code, it is illegal to make public statements that “weaken national sentiment.”

On March 31, Assad raised the possibility of holding an early snap presidential election, too, telling a Russian media outlet that he was ready to do so, if the Syrian people wanted it. "This depends on the Syrian people’s stance, on whether there is a popular will to hold early presidential elections,” he said. Assad didn’t explain how that “popular will” would be communicated.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 1:38:54 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
Nobody is cheering for a hostile country. What has Syria or Russian done to the USA? You believe the MSM stories about Russia involvement in the election when there was none? You believe all the false and made up reports of Syria using chemical and biological weapons against innocents when it was actually ISIS and the rebels that used them?

No one is cheering for a hostile country. What I have stated is that I don't support the globalist/neocon/neoliberal agenda that is being praised on this forum by many members and also by the likes of HRC, McCain, Graham, Pelosi, Rubio...etc. in the real world. I don't support globalist. I support POTUS DJT and his call for isolationism and nationalism and MAGA. Not getting sucked into foreign military conflicts that we have no business being involved in.

Do you support POTUS DJT? Or do you support the globalists? You obviously don't support free speech and freedom of thought.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 1:41:14 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I followed him with interest for years, read his book, was very happy initially to find him as NSA. But all that bad press accusing him being part of globalist cabal, I don't know what to believe. I hope it's bullshit, or if it's true it doesn't affect his job which doesn't involve actual domestic agenda. I'd like to believe he's a good one. He definitely is another brilliant military mind, I'd love for him to replace Milley, let the Army finally get someone who isn't a horse's ass running it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have no idea about his politics. I was in the 3ACR when he Commanded it in Tal Afar. He was an awesome Regimental Commander. And yes I agree, smart as shit. His book on Vietnam is great. Imagine calling the whiz kids dumbass micro managers, while some of them are still in some of the most powerful positions in our government. Yeah he literally wrote the book on that topic.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 1:43:18 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It is annoying.
I've been called a commie.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 1:44:47 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
They are. I guess I'm not familiar enough with sniper to know if one unit can simultaneously target the number of JDAM that an arclight style strike suggests.  That's why I was thinking multiple drones or Jtac, or mud hens I guess, pretty much all tactical jets are hanging sniper these days.  In my head you have to lase a target until impact, but it's possible I would think that if the target is stationary, the seeker could memorize the lased location and the designator could rapidly cycle targets/weapons during the flight of the JDAM. I don't know.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm just a simpleton who thought they were GPS capable. No lasing necessary if you have LOS to GPS... I could very well be wrong, that's definitely not my area of expertise.

Youtube JDAM tutorial
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 1:47:04 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Nobody is cheering for a hostile country. What has Syria or Russian done to the USA? You believe the MSM stories about Russia involvement in the election when there was none? You believe all the false and made up reports of Syria using chemical and biological weapons against innocents when it was actually ISIS and the rebels that used them?

No one is cheering for a hostile country. What I have stated is that I don't support the globalist/neocon/neoliberal agenda that is being praised on this forum by many members and also by the likes of HRC, McCain, Graham, Pelosi, Rubio...etc. in the real world. I don't support globalist. I support POTUS DJT and his call for isolationism and nationalism and MAGA. Not getting sucked into foreign military conflicts that we have no business being involved in.

Do you support POTUS DJT? Or do you support the globalists? You obviously don't support free speech and freedom of thought.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh. You thought I was talking about you?

I wonder why...
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 1:51:52 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I wonder why...
View Quote
Because you were, but a typical response from you in that you can't defend your neocon globalist view. But carry on, please do share how HRC/Obama/McCain/Graham/Rubio and their likes have this whole thing figured out about how we need to get further involved in Syria with military conflict and to escalate things with Russia. Please do share your neocon/neoliberal globalist views with us.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 1:55:19 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Because you were, but a typical response from you in that you can't defend your neocon globalist view. But carry on, please do share how HRC/Obama/McCain/Graham/Rubio and their likes have this whole thing figured out about how we need to get further involved in Syria with military conflict and to escalate things with Russia. Please do share your neocon/neoliberal globalist views with us.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wonder why...
You're really making this personal. As if you're trying to provoke responses from members.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 1:55:53 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wonder why...
How exactly do we unfuck ourselves from Syria? Just leave, like Obama tried to leave Iraq? How did that work out?
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 2:01:00 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I'm just a simpleton who thought they were GPS capable. No lasing necessary if you have LOS to GPS... I could very well be wrong, that's definitely not my area of expertise.

Youtube JDAM tutorial
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Youtube JDAM tutorial
You have to generate those GPS coordinates somehow, and if the targets are moving you're out of luck.  Laser JDAM has been in service almost a decade now just for that reason.  Ljdam can do it all I believe, ins, GPS and laser in one guidance package.
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top