BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 9:42:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Tears of the Sun, sucka.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 11:14:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I remember first seeing the Mk23 in the Rainbow Six pc game.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 11:59:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Excellent choice!
Mark 23 is pure sex with a suppressor!
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 3:22:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Lawmens has the can in stock. Just use a powered by dealer and you can still use silencer shop they still do the transfer paperwork for you.
View Quote
That is good to know. I don't think my dealer is aware that he can do that.  Do you have a link for the suppressor at Lawmens?
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 4:03:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
Best game ever!
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 4:26:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Best game ever!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Best game ever!
Metal Gear Solid and Rainbow Six both dropping in 1998 when I was a teenager with lots of free time pretty much guaranteed I'd be interested in the Mark 23. Genetics blessing me with hands large enough to be comfortable with it and its general fucking awesomeness sealed the deal.
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 5:02:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Tears of the Sun was the only movie I could think of that featured it.  Now you need a can and rail adapter + light.  I find the streamlight TLR-2HL serves as a nice modern version of the LAM.  Until I get a DBAL or something like that.
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 8:47:21 AM EDT
[#8]
There are 2 available in the EE right now for those that are looking.  And yes they are that awesome and worth the coin.
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 5:40:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Tears of the Sun was the only movie I could think of that featured it.  Now you need a can and rail adapter + light.  I find the streamlight TLR-2HL serves as a nice modern version of the LAM.  Until I get a DBAL or something like that.
View Quote
It was also used by Benicio del Toro in Sicario and Arnold Vosloo had one Blood Diamond.
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 5:48:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Humble brag thread?
View Quote
Why the hell not; it's a terrific pistol.

Good luck with it.
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 5:57:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Not trying to derail the thread, but what IR is that on the FNP-45?
View Quote
TLR-2 IR EYE SAFE
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 6:29:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
It was also used by Benicio del Toro in Sicario and Arnold Vosloo had one Blood Diamond.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That was a USP.
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 7:47:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
That was a USP.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That was a USP.
Thought that was a Mark 23... he must have hands on the smaller side.
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 7:50:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 7:50:48 PM EDT
[#15]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/84024/bloodiamondusp-441614.JPG
Or I'm not remembering right. That definitely is a USP.
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 9:46:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Lanbos has the KAC MK23 suppressor in stock.  I ordered today.

https://lanbosarmory.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=54_55&products_id=18588

Total is $1202 shipped
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 10:12:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Attachment Attached File

This one is mine. Well worth the coin.
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 10:13:41 PM EDT
[#18]
These guns are pure sex
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 1:11:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Supervised visitation this AM, but unfortunately no range time yet

Link Posted: 2/21/2018 1:19:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I tested that beast as part of the SOPMOD ramp up in '93. As part of that testing we went to Roger's in Elijah and spent a week on the pneumatics. Initially it felt like a brick but by mid week I was consistently hitting head shots, from the holster, in under 1 sec at 10 yards.  I remember using my strong hand middle finger for mag changes as opposed to the thumb. Quite fast.  I also tightened up that fat fuck Rosie that worked at the range but that's another story.

Also shot that thing at night with the LAM and NODs, taking heads shots at 100 yds once it was dialed in.  It's a good pistol but way too heavy, especially with all the kit. Still have a 1/2 box of the black talons that it was issued with laying around somewhere.
View Quote
This is possibly the finest post I've ever read on this site. Good technical contribution, a little fatty bashin (alongside some fatty fuckin',) and night vision. Helluva job sir.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 1:55:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/JeQ2qf2.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/IyGrkJk.jpg
View Quote
Beautiful.

Now let's see who gets their tax stamp first considering how close together we are.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:44:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I've always wanted this gun.  I just hope it lives up to my expectations.   I had a HK USP .45 Tactical a few years ago that was an absolute turd.  Since then, I bought a FNP-45 Tactical that is the absolute best shooting polymer frame high capacity .45 that I've ever owned.
View Quote
first time ive ever heard that said
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:50:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I've got an FNP-45 Tactical too. Love it. It wears an IR light/laser and an Osprey can.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/57642/20170905_031223429_iOS-439846.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've always wanted this gun.  I just hope it lives up to my expectations.   I had a HK USP .45 Tactical a few years ago that was an absolute turd.  Since then, I bought a FNP-45 Tactical that is the absolute best shooting polymer frame high capacity .45 that I've ever owned.
I've got an FNP-45 Tactical too. Love it. It wears an IR light/laser and an Osprey can.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/57642/20170905_031223429_iOS-439846.JPG
Whole lot of badassery in this pic.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:59:24 PM EDT
[#24]
It's sooooo big!!!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:01:19 PM EDT
[#25]
... I'm jelly
Link Posted: 2/22/2018 2:22:52 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
first time ive ever heard that said
View Quote
Maybe I just didn’t give it enough break-in time or find the right ammo.

I have been considering picking up a USP9 Tactical that I’ve found for a really good price...
Link Posted: 2/22/2018 11:16:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I have been considering picking up a USP9 Tactical that I’ve found for a really good price...
View Quote
@tonysoprano150 make sure it's a true USP9 Tactical: 2015+ USP9T Tactical slides are marked "Tactical" and have the match trigger with a visible stop. Prior models were in the Tactical line but were USP9SD and lacked barrel O-ring, slide marking and match trigger.
Link Posted: 2/22/2018 11:18:52 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/JeQ2qf2.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/IyGrkJk.jpg
View Quote
fuck ya
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 2:55:57 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 2:57:13 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 11:24:34 AM EDT
[#31]
So sorry to trigger you

@armyinfantryvet
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 11:35:05 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
You are correct, sir!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tears of the Sun?
You are correct, sir!!!
First movie I thought of. I remember when bruce's character decided to raid the village, he just pulled his MK3 and started screwing on the can
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 5:06:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
So sorry to trigger you

@armyinfantryvet
View Quote
It's all good. I love to see other people succeed.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 5:41:15 PM EDT
[#34]
What about them boots, though! Full quill ostrich Lucchesses?
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 11:21:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Only luccheses I have are alligator.  Those ostrich boots are Tecovas.
Link Posted: 2/24/2018 5:11:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I have the USP45T. Damn good gun. MK23 and USP series are arguable the most reliable hammer fired pistols ever made.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have a USP Tactical.45. I love it. Do I carry it every day? Nope, but I do take it out and shoot it suppressed. Heck, I even will do an occasional USPSA match with it.

The Mk23 is a beast. I would snag one in a second if I have the opportunity.
I have the USP45T. Damn good gun. MK23 and USP series are arguable the most reliable hammer fired pistols ever made.
fixed
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 10:01:51 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I too am liking those boots
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 10:12:53 AM EDT
[#38]
Sweet buy.  Congrats !

I have it’s two younger brothers , USP tac and the USP tac com. Holding the Tac seems like a monster, can’t imagine holding the full size.    
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 12:25:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 3/3/2018 12:24:44 AM EDT
[#40]
Well...she became a big sister today!

$859 plus tax, NIB, which I just couldn't walk away from.  I had actually went to pick up a couple of transfers from online purchases. It was on the shelf for that price a couple of weeks ago, but I managed to resist. I didn't expect it to still be there.
The only downside is that it came with 10 round mags, but I've already ordered four 15-rd mags.

I also got them to give me two of these cool display rods

Link Posted: 3/4/2018 10:26:29 AM EDT
[#41]
I’m really digging the display rods
Link Posted: 3/4/2018 1:28:50 PM EDT
[#42]
I want one of those display rods.
Link Posted: 3/4/2018 1:39:35 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

fixed
View Quote
Got close to 1,000 rounds fired through my USP Tactical. Many being cheap low power Perfecta and Blazer brand, and still not a single FTF and FTE malfunction.

Just a couple failures to slide lock back. which is clearly because of the cheapo, underpowered.45 ammo, so the gun ain't to blame. It just eats and eats.

Question for MK23 owners: Are the barrels on current production guns chrome lined? I thought I heard that HK stopped doing that with their civilian MK23 to save money? And a slightly different slide finish than what was on the original slides.
Link Posted: 3/4/2018 3:37:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Put me down for one as well.

Would be nice to have some Beretta ones for my M9s too. Display ‘em all together.

Quoted:
Quoted:

fixed
Got close to 1,000 rounds fired through my USP Tactical. Many being cheap low power Perfecta and Blazer brand, and still not a single FTF and FTE malfunction.

Just a couple failures to slide lock back. which is clearly because of the cheapo, underpowered.45 ammo, so the gun ain't to blame. It just eats and eats.

Question for MK23 owners: Are the barrels on current production guns chrome lined? I thought I heard that HK stopped doing that with their civilian MK23 to save money? And a slightly different slide finish than what was on the original slides.
There’s a lot on the internet about how they stopped chrome lining them, but I’m not sure. Replacement barrels are still chrome-lined.

It is true about dropping Maritime finish over the HE finish and just having HE finish after the MK23 contract ended though, and I read they don’t plate some of the roll pins and small parts anymore either. They also laser etch the markings now.

Only way to get a Mark 23 that’s identical to the SOCOM pistol aside from the slide roll mark is to hunt down one made between 1996 and 2003. What I ended up doing since my end goal was to make a MK23 Mod0 clone complete with LAM and KAC OHG: spent about 6 months looking and finally found an almost unused AC (2002) marked one.
Link Posted: 3/5/2018 3:41:09 AM EDT
[#45]
Could someone please explain the Maritime finish?  I will say that the slide finish on these two guns is completely different.
Link Posted: 3/5/2018 4:25:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Could someone please explain the Maritime finish?  I will say that the slide finish on these two guns is completely different.
View Quote
For the SOCOM contract they finished the slide in their usual HE (Hostile Environment) finish, and then added a “Maritime” coating on top of that that is highly resistant to salt water and spray. It looks like a kind of black lacquer, somewhat similar in appearance and touch to Beretta’s Bruniton finish (although completely different). Despite being great at its job it is prone to chipping and flaking with use, although that’s mainly a cosmetic issue as HE is still underneath. HK did not and will not reapply the Maritime coating as it wears. All of the civilian pistols got the same treatment while the SOCOM contract was ongoing.

After the SOCOM contract was completed they stopped doing some of the more expensive things like Maritime coating that the government contract was subsidizing. Apparently a while they had some other coating on it, but it didn’t look like the original coating and I’ve no idea what that was. From posts I’ve read from other owners, HK CS gave conflicting info on what that was about.

If you’re not going to be diving in the ocean with your pistol having the Maritime coating is honestly not an issue, but it is a consideration if you’re trying to do a MK23 Mod 0 clone.
Link Posted: 3/5/2018 4:43:23 PM EDT
[#47]
This is what I think of when you say HK 23.

Link Posted: 3/5/2018 11:08:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

For the SOCOM contract they finished the slide in their usual HE (Hostile Environment) finish, and then added a “Maritime” coating on top of that that is highly resistant to salt water and spray. It looks like a kind of black lacquer, somewhat similar in appearance and touch to Beretta’s Bruniton finish (although completely different). Despite being great at its job it is prone to chipping and flaking with use, although that’s mainly a cosmetic issue as HE is still underneath. HK did not and will not reapply the Maritime coating as it wears. All of the civilian pistols got the same treatment while the SOCOM contract was ongoing.

After the SOCOM contract was completed they stopped doing some of the more expensive things like Maritime coating that the government contract was subsidizing. Apparently a while they had some other coating on it, but it didn’t look like the original coating and I’ve no idea what that was. From posts I’ve read from other owners, HK CS gave conflicting info on what that was about.

If you’re not going to be diving in the ocean with your pistol having the Maritime coating is honestly not an issue, but it is a consideration if you’re trying to do a MK23 Mod 0 clone.
View Quote
I wasn’t sure since the finish on my Mark 23 looked more like a semi-gloss enamel than the extra flat (almost looks like anodized) finish on the USP9 Tactical
Link Posted: 3/5/2018 11:22:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
This is what I think of when you say HK 23.

http://www.hkpro.com/image/HK23ETRI.jpg
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/5/2018 11:22:36 PM EDT
[#50]
I am jelly
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top