Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/6/2001 9:44:03 PM EDT
Which makes the better product??? I want an M4, preban with collapsable stock, and have noticed that Bushmaster is almost the same price as the Colt that I would like. Which company do you guys prefer, and why??? I was issued Colt m-16a2 in the Corps, but is the Bushmaster up there qualitywise??? Thanks a ton guys...
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 9:56:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Bushmaster is a very good gun and should be less $$
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 10:02:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 10:23:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Jesus guys...thanks for opening my damn eyes. The colt I was interested in is PREBAN, for$3000.00. Just looked at Bushys website and found the nice M4 variant they produce...that will do nicely, thank you!!! Searched a few gun web sites and found them NIB for $750-$850. Hell yeah...didn't know that they were that damn nice...you're correct, WAY nicer than Colt's.....Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 10:39:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 12:19:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Just Becuase the Miltary uses them does not mean they are better, They were just sold cheaper. Bushmaster is the best.

Six
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 4:34:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Where in the world did you find a Pre-ban Bushmaster for 750-800??????
I have been looking for just a pre-ban lower for months and the prices on them are that high!

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 7:07:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Where in the world did you find a Pre-ban Bushmaster for 750-800??????
I have been looking for just a pre-ban lower for months and the prices on them are that high!

Thanks
View Quote

No kidding! As far as I have seen, $1200.00 would be a good price for a complete pre-ban B.M.
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 8:43:14 AM EDT
[#8]
I have a pre-ban Colt 6600 and a 6520 and Bushmaster AR-Shorty and think of them as mechanicaly equals, but there are a lot of newbee's who have heard of the Colt etc so there may be something there in resale. I don't care much about the pin size etc or parts exchange issues on the new Colts. I did see a Bushy M4 with the phoney tele-stock and it was not up to par, the mags were so tight you almost had to force them in and out, the finish of the upper looked like dices of dirt got into the forging leaving pretty big visual imperfections glaring at you. The Colt sitting right next to it was a much better rifle, I'd make the decision on the two rifles in my hand. A good one of each is a good rifle.

Bill

Happiness is a warm gun...
Bang bang, shoot shoot...
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 9:16:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Colt makes a fine rifle.

Having said that, I went with Bushmaster for the following reasons.

1.  Closer to mil-spec
2.  Cheapest of the big three
3.  Quality is as good or better than any other rifle

Mil-spec was important to me because it provides for durability (chrome barrel and chamber), reliability (chrome chamber), and maintainability (standard parts).
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 10:01:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 1:51:23 AM EDT
[#11]
I think I screwed up my wording...I WANTED a preban COLT M4($3000), but I found postban Bushmaster m4 "almost as goods" for $700-800...not a pre ban. I'd sell my balls for that!!!!!!!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top