Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/6/2017 8:32:14 PM EDT
Finally getting around to making new cages for the critters. Had the plexi cut like 3 years ago

We will need
Acrylic
90deg angle vises

Acrylic glue/bonding agent
hypo from last nights pot party

Willing able bodied workers able to pass a piss test per union regs
Quinton the fat cat boss in the back, apprentice Willie in the front

1 side set. Fat cat boss inspecting the weld. The glue/bonding agent actually breaks down the acrylic and hardens it together or some sciency shit like that.
You can see if its a good bond because it turns darker/looks as if it's wet. There are a few spots that didn't get a good amount, but for my first try it should be fine after it's complete.

Future occupants of cages (building 2 identical)

@BigEasySnow
Link Posted: 12/6/2017 8:34:38 PM EDT
[#1]
i love spider threads
Link Posted: 12/6/2017 8:36:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
i love spider threads
View Quote
They love you back. With 4 sets of hugs and all
Link Posted: 12/6/2017 8:36:20 PM EDT
[#3]
NOPE!
Link Posted: 12/6/2017 8:37:11 PM EDT
[#4]
So I talk about my loose bowels, or epic toilet snake, and it is a no-no.  But this is somehow ok?
Link Posted: 12/6/2017 8:37:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I thought dogs were the Teener approved pets?
Link Posted: 12/6/2017 8:39:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Is it bad I find the blue one interesting? Don't even like spiders.
Link Posted: 12/6/2017 8:42:13 PM EDT
[#7]
awesome!
I always wanted to do that but never really had the money. Miss having a ton of T's. Just have p.irminia that I have had for about 11 years.
Link Posted: 12/6/2017 8:42:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Interesting thread OP. In for final result!
Link Posted: 12/6/2017 8:43:33 PM EDT
[#9]
I can see that it's going to be a rather long time before the OP sees actual vagina, for a number of reasons, one of which is glaringly obvious, hairy, and leggy.
Link Posted: 12/6/2017 8:46:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I can see that it's going to be a rather long time before the OP sees actual vagina, for a number of reasons, one of which is glaringly obvious, hairy, and leggy.
View Quote
Girl i was living with for a while had a tarantula, so not all chicks are turned off by big ass hairy spiders.
Link Posted: 12/6/2017 8:46:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Tagging this thread as my wife is a Spider nut.  This seems like a much better option that the expensive options online.
Link Posted: 12/6/2017 8:47:51 PM EDT
[#12]
This makes me uncomfortable...
Link Posted: 12/6/2017 8:51:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
This makes me uncomfortable...
View Quote
Throw your phone/tablet/pc down and smash it with a broom while squealing like a 6 year old girl. It worked for me.
Link Posted: 12/6/2017 8:53:26 PM EDT
[#14]
I just built a few more last weekend

8x8x12 arboreal
Attachment Attached File

6x6x6 cube
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/6/2017 8:56:14 PM EDT
[#15]
We grew up with T's for pets, I love the damn things. The blue one looks great. Nice project OP, good luck with it.
Your work bench looks a little soft though.
Link Posted: 12/6/2017 8:58:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Looks good.  My only suggestion is to make sure they are both spider escape proof, and cat entry proof.  If you boss is like my cats those spiders will look like a lot of fun to play with.  
Link Posted: 12/6/2017 8:59:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Why is your bed your workbench?
Link Posted: 12/6/2017 9:43:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
So I talk about my loose bowels, or epic toilet snake, and it is a no-no.  But this is somehow ok?
View Quote
If you can't discern the difference, I honestly feel really really sad for you.

Quoted:
awesome!
I always wanted to do that but never really had the money. Miss having a ton of T's. Just have p.irminia that I have had for about 11 years.
View Quote
Do it!! My total cost for the 2 cages is $113. That includes $7 for an applicator bottle I can't find now lol. 3/16 thick acrylic.
The cages are going to be 10x14

My first was a P irminia. Male, so it didn't last long, I think 13 months?
I gave him as a MM to a couple in AZ that had decent reviews on arachnoboards to breed. Horrible communication. Finally gave up. Find out months later he died.

Quoted:
View Quote
Because I was doing it at my desk. Not a messy project. That way I get a breeze and jam to music.

Quoted:
Looks good.  My only suggestion is to make sure they are both spider escape proof, and cat entry proof.  If you boss is like my cats those spiders will look like a lot of fun to play with.  
View Quote
The older cat doesn't even give them a second thought. Little Willie however finds them fascinating. They will be very secure.

Quoted:
We grew up with T's for pets, I love the damn things. The blue one looks great. Nice project OP, good luck with it.
View Quote
The P metallica is so damn blue it's ridiculous in the sunlight.
Towel so I don't scratch the acrylic.

@Lunitar
nice! These are my first attempts, so we will see how it goes.

@dj1975232
That's why I did this, because for the size, I was looking at like $200 plus shipping EACH. Fuck that. Plus I have the satisfaction of making them myself, exactly how I want.
There's a place in Vegas that sells acrylic, so I had them cut to order. $113 out the door for both. I think (mind you this was 4 years ago lol) I paid about $25 for the hasps and vents.

Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote
Girl i was living with for a while had a tarantula, so not all chicks are turned off by big ass hairy spiders.
View Quote
Exactly. If you don't like it bye Felicia. My ex hated guns when we met and was freaked out by Ts. By the time we broke up six years later, she would ask to go the range, had her own gun and actually bought me a T for my birthday. She even bought one for her daughter, who was fascinated with them. It's not like I would demand a new girl to hold them and cuddle. Don't have to like them, tolerate works for me.
Here's a video of her daughter's T from when it was a tiny little thing the size of a nickel.

and of the P irmina
Link Posted: 12/6/2017 10:31:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Do it!! My total cost for the 2 cages is $113. That includes $7 for an applicator bottle I can't find now lol. 3/16 thick acrylic.

I gave him as a MM to a couple in AZ that had decent reviews on arachnoboards to breed. Horrible communication. Finally gave up. Find out months later he died.

Because I was doing it at my desk. Not a messy project. That way I get a breeze and jam to music.

The older cat doesn't even give them a second thought. Little Willie however finds them fascinating. They will be very secure.

@Lunitar

@dj1975232
That's why I did this, because for the size, I was looking at like $200 plus shipping EACH. Fuck that. Plus I have the satisfaction of making them myself, exactly how I want.
There's a place in Vegas that sells acrylic, so I had them cut to order. $113 out the door for both. I think (mind you this was 4 years ago lol) I paid about $25 for the hasps and vents.

Exactly. If you don't like it bye Felicia. My ex hated guns when we met and was freaked out by Ts. By the time we broke up six years later, she would ask to go the range, had her own gun and actually bought me a T for my birthday. She even bought one for her daughter, who was fascinated with them. It's not like I would demand a new girl to hold them and cuddle. Don't have to like them, tolerate works for me.
Here's a video of her daughter's T from when it was a tiny little thing the size of a nickel.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TO3VAPyPw0

and of the P irmina
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0pT_8e56Pg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
awesome!

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

@Lunitar

@dj1975232

Quoted:
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TO3VAPyPw0

and of the P irmina
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0pT_8e56Pg
Thanks for the info.   I’m picking her up a Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens spiderling for one of her Christmas gifts this year.
Link Posted: 12/6/2017 11:10:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Awesome
is the blue one a sapphire?
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 12:39:56 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Awesome
is the blue one a sapphire?
View Quote
Gooty sapphire yeppers.
Scientific name P metallica
Link Posted: 12/8/2017 1:13:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Second side done. Tomorrow I should be able to do the top and bottom and the small front part

@Lunitar
You need to smile. You look super serious on your site
Would you recommend plastic epoxy or clear silicone to secure the vents?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top